As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra]: Enjoy Early and Evening Engagements in this Excellent Expansion

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    DENY is getting nerfed to 4 mana, which means you can't just sit on your spell mana anymore. The usual folks are moaning about it now being useless (because of course they are) but it now makes other spells more viable. Card is hardly "unplayable" now as Swim seems to think it just makes it less of an autoinclude in most decks (who were literally splashing Ionia only for Deny).

It also seems like the level up condition for Elise has been changed to more than 4 spiders, which will make it much harder to combo her with other champions. Seems like it's "Fill your board with Spiders" is the new level up condition which I'm OK with.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Okay, that Kalista + The Undying deck I just got stomped by had some nasty synergies.

...I'll make my own.

Interesting, I ended up taking Kalista out of my Undying deck. She just dies so easily that it's extremely rare to even level her up. I think maybe once I got hsr to respawn something.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I rerolled into a 1,500 XP quest today, but since the new Vault starts tomorrow, I think I'll just hold off on completing it today. I'm 3,000 XP away from a level 13 Vault chest (after my daily PvP bonuses), but don't feel like grinding out all the games to get there. Better to just have a bigger springboard for next week's Vault.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/patch-0-9-0-notes/

Patch Notes

https://youtu.be/ZiJrbT_ApRY

-Lux gets +1/+1
    -Yasuo -1 to leveling requirement
    -Back to Back from 5 mana to 6
    -Arena Battlecaster +1 Health
    -Crimson Curator +1 Health
    -Deny from 3 to 4 mana
    -Inspiring Mentor +1 Health, but only gives +1 Attack
    -Jeweled Protector gets +1/+1
    -Kinkou Lifeblade -1 Health
    -Ledros goes to 9 mana, +1 Attack, explicitly states his ability rounds up
    -Rhasa from 7 mana to 8
    -Scuttlegeist gains Fearsome
    -Tortured Prodigy gains +1 Attack
    -Wraithcaller loses Fearsome
    -Pulling some XP out of expeditions, trying to inject some more XP into regular PVP

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I rerolled into a 1,500 XP quest today, but since the new Vault starts tomorrow, I think I'll just hold off on completing it today. I'm 3,000 XP away from a level 13 Vault chest (after my daily PvP bonuses), but don't feel like grinding out all the games to get there. Better to just have a bigger springboard for next week's Vault.

Yeah, was thinking about that myself today. I'm at vault level 10 and have a 1k quest, but I can't be arsed playing enough to grind out the rest of level 10, so I'm saving it until the next reset. Maybe they could make partial XP roll over to the next vault or something.

• Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I think the Inspiring Mentor change is a really good/fair nerf.

I'm not sure if they hit elusives hard enough. Kinkou Lifeblade still seems too good if you get some buffs on him.

Cyrenic on
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Eh, I think it makes it fairer for counterplay with purify+ frostbite + any number of "deal damage" spells

these adjustments all seem pretty fair, but I do wonder where the Ez/Control decks end up as a byproduct

Vladimer on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/patch-0-9-0-notes/

Patch Notes

https://youtu.be/ZiJrbT_ApRY

-Lux gets +1/+1
    -Yasuo -1 to leveling requirement
    -Back to Back from 5 mana to 6
    -Arena Battlecaster +1 Health
    -Crimson Curator +1 Health
    -Deny from 3 to 4 mana
    -Inspiring Mentor +1 Health, but only gives +1 Attack
    -Jeweled Protector gets +1/+1
    -Kinkou Lifeblade -1 Health
    -Ledros goes to 9 mana, +1 Attack, explicitly states his ability rounds up
    -Rhasa from 7 mana to 8
    -Scuttlegeist gains Fearsome
    -Tortured Prodigy gains +1 Attack
    -Wraithcaller loses Fearsome
    -Pulling some XP out of expeditions, trying to inject some more XP into regular PVP

I wonder how much xp they're taking put of expiditions . They're basically all that I do.

• Options
    the specific numbers are in the post, it's just a lot of text so i don't want to just copy/paste it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Okay, that Kalista + The Undying deck I just got stomped by had some nasty synergies.

...I'll make my own.

How does a Kalista+Undying deck work?

Whenever I tried to get it going I found she just rezzed The Undying with his base stats, basically negating the point of the combo.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

...I'll make my own.

Whenever I tried to get it going I found she just rezzed The Undying with his base stats, basically negating the point of the combo.

2 ways:
    1. Link them. Now once she levels up she'll summon an additional one and they'll multiply
    2. Don't - she'll resummon someone else (like the guy that makes things ephemeral) that aids them

• Options
    IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

...I'll make my own.

2 ways:
    1. Link them. Now once she levels up she'll summon an additional one and they'll multiply
    2. Don't - she'll resummon someone else (like the guy that makes things ephemeral) that aids them

Hmm this gives me an idea. kalista ephemeral shark deck. you link her to ephemeral and just save her like fiora. that pulls in a strong ephermal and teh sharks.

• Options
    Been pumping these chonky lads since turn 3.

qghg8vmudki3.png

• Options
    Damn! How has the game even gone on that long with those stats?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Damn! How has the game even gone on that long with those stats?

Boom, +10!

2cuk6pteqs10.png

• Options
    One thing you can do if you're on free expiditions for the week and don't have time to do any more. Start one and back out. When the weekly rollover starts you'll still be in that expiditions, giving you a free one for the new week. You still only get so rewards but a nice way to get an extra expidition to start the week and calm those drafting nerves.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I was lazy and only got my vault to level 9 and not getting a token feels like a big let down

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I was lazy and only got my vault to level 9 and not getting a token feels like a big let down

I always make sure to get to 10, everything else is just a bonus.

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »

I was scrambling doing AI games and surrendering in PvP games just to get the last like 600 XP I needed to push me over the top, literally like an hour before the week rolled over.

• Options
    Man it's always my decks I feel are shitty that get me 7 wins. Just went with an ez/anivia deck. Anivia saved my ass so many times. Ez was barely played.

• Options
    Yesterday felt so good, I got to slap a smug Ezreal that thought he could get an attack through - I had a 2/2 elusive that the opponent tossed a frostbite on.

Block with now 0/2 elusive, Shadowshift it, smack Ez into the ground.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    After I opened my Vault this week, it gave me a survey of how I liked the rewards. I dutifully picked the middle "meh" option.

And it was meh. The last two have had zero Champions.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Ladder is absolute chaos right now. I can reasonably bet it'll be 60% control deck opponents, but then you still find those true believers clawing out victories with aggro discard decks

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    After I opened my Vault this week, it gave me a survey of how I liked the rewards. I dutifully picked the middle "meh" option.

And it was meh. The last two have had zero Champions.

I've never gotten a champion out of my weekly vault.

My main problem with the game right now is that if I'm not doing expeditions, I can't really craft any new or interesting decks because I'd need multiple copies of champions I don't have or only have a single copy of. And there's no way to reliably get Champions without spending money.

• Options
    I got a Champion out of week 1s vault, but that was an upgraded card. They definitely don't drop by default from the weekly.

And yeah, aside from money, you can go for the Champion Capsules, but that's RNG / it's never the one you want.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Expeditions always give you a champion, I believe.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »

I know I’ve got one from all of mine.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Sure is pretty awesome when Yasuo does a hack'n'slash and wipes the opponent's entire board in a 10-second animation.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    wonderpug wrote: »

They give you 1 random champion. And they are specifically priced, in shards anyway, so that an expedition is the same price as a champion. So it's basically buy the one you want, or take your chances on better rewards with an expedition but get a random champion. But expeditions cost either money or shards/tokens, which are limited in number and it's not easy to get enough to run an expedition.

The more I play the game, the more it becomes obvious imo that this is their hook. That's the wall you hit if you don't wanna pay them money. The system is pretty generous with giving you cards for the most part, but Champions are hard to get and it's where they try and convert you into paying.

shryke on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Sure is pretty awesome when Yasuo does a hack'n'slash and wipes the opponent's entire board in a 10-second animation.

Still can't be as bad as draven

• Options
    edited February 2020
    3 wins into my second Expedition. Thankfully the two losses in a row rule is in effect or I’d have been out a while ago. Deck is heavy Demacia with two Garen and Katarina. Lots of Elite units as well as the 3/3 ladies that reduces in cost and the 3/3 guys that buffs with Allegiance.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I am really enjoying my Yasuo deck. I didn't have all the cards for the one Chaoshat suggested, but had enough to create my own version.

It's basically totally reliant on Yasuo, though, with occasional wins from the 1/3 that gets +2 per stun it sees or stunning their entire board and roaring in unmolested.

Protect Yasuo at all costs. If you even suspect they might have enough for a barrier, don't attack with him / block with him. Just let him hack 'n slash.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Up to 6 wins on my expedition run. When I hit the curve, the Banner guys easily close the game out on turns 4-6. It’s been pretty gross so far. Hopefully I’ll get 7 wins.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    44u8b2aj33ki.png

2 Expeditions, both 7 wins on my first run each time. Final boss just got overrun by bigger dudes each turn. Getting the +3/+3 for one turn spell forced him to trade out almost his entire board. Then I did it again, then the +3/+3 quick spell to clear the last of his big minions. His 7/10 Lifesteal kept him in the game longer than expected, but in the end, swarms of 4/4s is too much to deal with.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Did I encounter a bug? I played a Frenzied Skitterer, buffing my 4 Spiders by +1 and debuffing the enemy by -1. OK cool, everything working as intended. My opponent plays a Chronicler of Ruin, kills an ally, and when it revives all the buffs/debuffs vanish.

I wasn't in a good spot, but that Skitterer play was my last out at having a shot at winning. Losing the buffs/debuffs cost me my only out.

Side note: The text on Skitterer needs to have the minus sign moved the the third line.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Did I encounter a bug? I played a Frenzied Skitterer, buffing my 4 Spiders by +1 and debuffing the enemy by -1. OK cool, everything working as intended. My opponent plays a Chronicler of Ruin, kills an ally, and when it revives all the buffs/debuffs vanish.

I wasn't in a good spot, but that Skitterer play was my last out at having a shot at winning. Losing the buffs/debuffs cost me my only out.

Side note: The text on Skitterer needs to have the minus sign moved the the third line.

yea that makes sense. Units that revive are brand new, so any past buff/debuff is wiped because those were on the old unit.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

yea that makes sense. Units that revive are brand new, so any past buff/debuff is wiped because those were on the old unit.

Oh no, I'm fine with the debuff being removed from the revived unit. The bug is ALL the units, both mine and his, losing the buffs/debuffs they received. Why do all my spiders lose the +1 Attack and his units lose the -1 Attack just because something get killed and rezzed. The Skitterer text says, "Until the end of the round" and I hadn't attacked yet.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I took a week and a half off and god damn does the game feel better to play. Not going to attribute it to the patch necessarily but the variety of decks I'm seeing is very refreshing.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Oh no, I'm fine with the debuff being removed from the revived unit. The bug is ALL the units, both mine and his, losing the buffs/debuffs they received. Why do all my spiders lose the +1 Attack and his units lose the -1 Attack just because something get killed and rezzed. The Skitterer text says, "Until the end of the round" and I hadn't attacked yet.

well

did he revive a frenzied skitterer :P

liEt3nH.png