As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Also decided to throw Google survey gems at this pickup banner and got firion awakening, which was a top-2 want off of it.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    And another banner without syncs wow!

T0: Deuce USB (apparently the bad one)
    FFT: Ramza USB (holy abilities cause 4 hit follow up.) eh?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hah. Marach BSB dupe.

Even when this thing was brand new, I was infinitely more interested in Rapha’s BSB.

Edit: man, why does Rapha’s USB on the shop have to be incompatible with a gen 2 chain?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    This Onion/Zack focused banner seems pretty decent. 2G5, four awakenings and four chains.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    This Onion/Zack focused banner seems pretty decent. 2G5, four awakenings and four chains.

Especially in our incoming Realm Synergy future.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Though, 3 of the awakenings have no Aura and are on characters that don’t easily get Aura. And two of the chains are for realms that don’t have the strongest elemental focus. FFII can wrangle a coherent Earth team, but FFIII has a different elemental focus for every DPS character, with Onion overlapping with 4 of them.

A bit of a hard sell in the current environment.

And yet, I’m still slightly tempted, because dammit I want that Zack Awakening for dumb reasons.

• Options
    Wait, Historia Crystals boost all elements right? It won't matter if they don't have the same focus because you won't be building teams around magicite going forward.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

I think it's for the Dreams battle rereleases.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Yeah, this stuff is great for Torment 3, where you want a realm chain and don't need an element aura. Cloud and Sephiroth will be quite happy to have that crit damage boost from Zack for realm content

• Options
    Benefit of having autobattle 5* teams: making new combos.

I just made a +mnd/+heal madeen today

• Options
    lol ok so Ramuh hits haaaaaaaard. I wonder if I should slot in Tyro despite going with a mage group...

• Options
    XV: Aranea G+

Won't sniff at empowered infusion.

• Options
    And the Aranea parade continues I guess? Got her AOSB. First relic I get for her. At least it's a + Lightning armor. Still missing that Prompto Chain.

• Options
    Huh. A gladio Glint I wasn’t aware of. Temporarily boosts Heavy damage, and grants him 2 charges. No aura or anything, and I dunno how he compares to Cinque, but this could be a neat thing to mess around with.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    1/3 Cor AOSB

...Last fest was his AASB.

But he's unusable for Shiva without his USB, which isn't even Dream buyable, let alone lens.

Why, game

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    He's not? Because his Awakening is legit good, so that's disappointing

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Guessing he needs to refresh EnFire at some point.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Guessing he needs to refresh EnFire at some point.

Yeah. Shiva is one with guaranteed two strips, so even his init LMR won't cut it. His glint would though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Enlong wrote: »
    Huh. A gladio Glint I wasn’t aware of. Temporarily boosts Heavy damage, and grants him 2 charges. No aura or anything, and I dunno how he compares to Cinque, but this could be a neat thing to mess around with.

imho, it isn't that good. Doesn't play that well with his USB. In the end, I just straight up just used his USB for Quetzacoatl.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ignis BSB dupe, ah well.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    XV: Prompto Glint+! That'll go real well with his chain and Lightning's G+. I might as well run him with Tempest Snipe instead of Plasma Shock, now, since that'll still trigger his LM2.

• Options
    Yay, D??? Nox Suzaku down in 24.25s!

Turns out the thing that stopped me from sub-30ing the last attempt was me forgetting that realm chains include a hastega, so I was wasting at least 2 of Rem's turns (once at the start, another turn and a half around the Dispel). Having Ace precast the chain around the 60% mark solved the issue neatly - SBs take longer to cast, so there was no real worry about accidentally casting it before the boss Dispeled, and Ace's LM2 meant I saved a second or two at the start.

Team comp:
    Cinque - Grand Charge/Quake Swing, AASB, Weakness +30%, LM2/LMR (en-earth)
    Ace - Meltdown/Chain Firaga, CSB, MM, LM2/LMR (en-fire)
    Rem - Hastega/Holyja, AASB, Gathering Storm, LM2/LMR (chase)
    King - Tempest Snipe/Plasma Shock, USB, Gun +30%, LM1/LM2
    Deuce - Shellga/Curaja, SSB/USB2, DMT, LM1/LM2

This was all brute force and no finesse. Everyone ran separate elements, with Cinque and King imperiling their own stuff. Ace was there to Chain, Meltdown for meter, Chain after Dispel, then cast whatever he could before dying to the P3T3 instant KO. Rem's Hastega was there for emergency purposes and went unused, so all she did was Holyja>AASB>Holyja spam. Deuce barely even healed - with Ace's chain, I took the RW Heal, so I used her to cast Shellga twice and toss out a medica anytime the team was below 50%. She ended up not using her SSB at all because the most damaging thing was Incubus Ultima, for which the RW was sufficient.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I pulled on the Onion/Zack banner. Got Rusty chain and an LMR for Gordon or Scott or whoever I can never tell them apart.

Rusty chain immediately allowed me to sub-30 IX torment (along with Zidane's AASB which I already have) so it seems solid.

Parade has been all dupes so far. Will probably skip pulling on Realms I'm strong in to make back up the 50 blues I threw at this banner.

• Options
    Rusty’s chain kind of takes him from being an unfocused Spellblade user with a bad USB, to a really versatile chain holder who can contribute a minimum of 4 hits every turn.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Wow ok.

Did the recent banner. And got 2 dupes; the only such items on the banner. Now I’m at 0 mythril with nothing to show for it.

Maybe I’ll just skip tomorrow.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Rusty’s chain kind of takes him from being an unfocused Spellblade user with a bad USB, to a really versatile chain holder who can contribute a minimum of 4 hits every turn.

Upon getting Rusty's chain I went into the lens shop with a foolish hope they'd released some halfway useful relics for him since I last used him (back in the BSB era). And no - his other stuff remains awful.

• Options
    rattletrap wrote: »

Upon getting Rusty's chain I went into the lens shop with a foolish hope they'd released some halfway useful relics for him since I last used him (back in the BSB era). And no - his other stuff remains awful.

For chain holders, I've found that the best relics are Glints, OSBs, and LMRs, since they don't require that much meter. If your team is powerful enough to not need a chain refresh that opens up a lot of other options.

• Options
    edited March 2020

He has an interesting AASB on a soon upcoming banner. Gives stacking for whichever element spellblade he uses, and adds a stack of it every second ability after. Good specifically for those obnoxious 6* magicite.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    What even are the prizes in the RoP draw tonight? Are we even expecting Y'shtola's AASB/G+ to be in there?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Alph AASB/Chain is good stuff, and his wind reflect USB is also good. Y'sh BUSB is OK. Other than that I can't think of anything worth it for 5* magicite much less anything more than that.

I have all of the above so I'm not pulling.

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    What even are the prizes in the RoP draw tonight? Are we even expecting Y'shtola's AASB/G+ to be in there?

Hmmm...maybe it has Alph's Sync and AASB? His Wind Chain? I mean there's only ONE two characters your pulling for here. Y'sh and Alph. I finished this torment and well...maybe Minfilia for Boostga purposes if you haven't cleared this torment yet.

• Options
    Alph AASB/Chain is good stuff, and his wind reflect USB is also good. Y'sh BUSB is OK. Other than that I can't think of anything worth it for 5* magicite much less anything more than that.

I have all of the above so I'm not pulling.

Yeah, I've got the chain, the other USB, and her BUSB. That said, I do also have her glint, so her G+ and/or AASB would be pretty slick. On the other hand, I have Penelo for all my ridiculous overhealing pure white mage needs.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I'm pulling because I enjoy pulling and getting to see shinies :D

• Options
    I remembered! Yda's AASB! That's a good En Fire AASB. And she has some real good stuff too!

• Options
    Hmmm, this will probably jinx my pulls but let me think stuff I could use:

XIV: Alph stuff. I don't have a magic wind chain yet so why not. Yda Fire AASB! That could be nice?
    XIII: Claire's AASB. Fang Realm Chain. Hmm...a healer AASB would be nice. There's Noel too and it'd be nice to have another Ice AASB on a character where I have 2 USBs and AOSB.
    XII: Just for fire power tbh. I already have the Realm Chain. Oh, Ashe's AASB!
    XI: This one I might think about. I'm only missing Shantotto's AOSB. Maybe Ayame's AASB for the same reason I could use Noel's?
    X: Tidus AASB. This is the only thing I really want.
    IX: Realm Chain and Lightning Chain. Maybe Vivi's AASB.
    VIII: Rinoa tech or Laguna's AASB. OH, Squall
    VII: Realm Chain, Aerith's AASB. Shelke's Lightning Chain. Red XIII's Chain. Red XIII tech. Actually I still need a TON of stuff from this realm.
    VI: Leo AASB would be nice to pair with his Glint. Mog AASB is actually pretty cool. Saw a Ramuh clear that used it.
    V: I'm surprised but there's so much stuff here I could use. Kelger AASB. Galuf Chain. Galuf AASB. Bartz AASB2. Faris. Lenna's. Realm Chain.
    IV: Tellah Chain. Tellah AASB. Yeah Ramuh's is on my mind.
    III: Actually ANY USB. Even the Realm Chain.
    II; Eh...Emperor Chain and Emperor AASB. Emperor Tech.
    I: Realm Chain. Sarah Instaheal USB.

Now I'm ready for all the salt!

• Options
    Finally finished up last batch’s FFVIII record dungeons.

That last cutscene is hilarious.
    In the FFVIII realm, Edea charges up a spell and impales Squall on a giant icicle. Smash cut back to outside the records, and nobody says a single thing about what just happened to Squall. Nobody seems to care, like they usually do when a record realm ends in a cliffhanger.

• Options
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i got my 4th or 5th harufaunt ultra from rops tonight.

it is unbelievable.

i am tired of living this meme life

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    T0: Deuce USB (apparently the bad one)
    FFT: Ramza USB (holy abilities cause 4 hit follow up.) eh?
    XV: Ignis LMR good if I'm using him. I should probably lens his BSB someday after pining for it. Never used edge's either.
    XIV: Yda USB Dupe (I think I have all three relics from this realm, obviously I would get a dupe)

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    1/3 Papalymo OSB
    First dupe, still looking for anything decent.

This is where the ceiling goes way up though.

ztrEPtD.gif