Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Well, that's me out of work/unable to continue my student teaching for six weeks. Thank goodness for having made a decent chunk of money while engineering, this is gonna be way less rough on me than many others.

Blaine's superintendent is planning on having the schools deep cleaned this next week, then converting them to be childcare for first responders/healthcare workers, and then adding meal stuff for children that need it. Overall sounded pretty solid. Oh and all the teachers will keep getting paid.

I'm gonna play so many videogames.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I'm in a contact chain with a soldier in Washington who has the virus.

Preacher continues to spite me from across the country.

Spoiler for just quid.

to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee,

IN all seriousness stay safe, if I can't complain about you paying taxes I don't know what I'll do.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    God damn I'm getting scared Daycare is going to close down.

Our daycare in Capitol Hill sent out a note saying they were going to be closed for "a minimum of 14 days." That was before Inslee extended the school closures through 4/24. 2 weeks without daycare will be tough to manage, 6 weeks will be crazy. Especially because they expect us to pay tuition that entire time too (while we can't work because we're watching our kids). This is a nightmare.

Wait what the fuck? Why should you pay if you aren't getting your service?

Yeah, uh, don't pay. If they're not watching your kids, they don't get paid. Do you pay for like the month ahead of time or something? Like, do they already have your money for future work they're supposed to do? Cause if not, just say "nah"

Pretty sure our daycare only has one full time employee at the top, and the rest are part-time and probably don't get benefits/sick leave; so I'd pay it if it meant the employees are still getting their checks.

One of those "This shouldn't be my problem, and yet..." situations.

Well, sure. We already paid for March, and we're going to have gotten day care for less than half of it. No refunds, fine. If they ask us to pay April tuition and provide day care for virtually none of it I'll have a bigger problem with it. I get that they want to pay their teachers during the work stoppage but at a certain point it's just shifting the financial burden from the teachers onto the parents; we'll pay $4k out of pocket for our two kids and still have to find a solution for child care, whether that's paying more money for someone else to come here or for one of us to stop working. It's a shitty situation all around.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    As of 2pm (from KUOW's coronavirus update page https://www.kuow.org/stories/live-coverage-coronavirus-in-the-seattle-area): 2 p.m. -- All Washington counties have at least one confirmed coronavirus case, according to the Washington State Department of Health. The state tally reached 568 as of Friday afternoon.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    What’s with all this snow, eh?

I’m just south of Puyallup and it’s been snowing all day! That certainly didn’t help the supermarket crowds.

Snowin to beat the band over here in Spoklahoma too.

Also, WinCo was a goddamn fever dream nightmare earlier! People were polite, but there was a lot of tension in the air you know? Also the line went from the checkstands all the way to the back of the store it was fuckin gnarly.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Just got out of Yoke’s and it was like a combination of July 4th weekend and the Wednesday before Thanksgiving

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I've been laid up with a cold and unable to go to the grocery store. Good thing my meal prepping for work will get me by for a while!

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, snow + coronavirus means all the grocery stores are getting hit like crazy. Heard from multiple people it's the busiest they've ever seen their stores.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I work in grocery pickup in Renton and it's been the busiest day ever for literally the last two weeks. Ever since the first death in the state and Hazen closing down, my numbers have doubled and doubled again.

My busiest day originally was 38 orders on Superbowl Sunday this year.

Today we had somewhere around 70 orders.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Legacy wrote: »
    I work in grocery pickup in Renton and it's been the busiest day ever for literally the last two weeks. Ever since the first death in the state and Hazen closing down, my numbers have doubled and doubled again.

I'm down in Tricities, so other than a run on toilet paper at Costco last weekend, today seems like the day everything hit the fan locally.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Crossposting from Covid thread

House has passed bill, Trump has tweeted he likes it

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/13/politics/read-bill-text-families-first-coronavirus-response-act/index.html

Skimming

-Schools closed for 5+ days makes households eligible for assistance from EBT and stuff
    -Money for our territories for the same things
    - Lots of money for old folks homes
    - 1 billion for treatment costs for anything related to covid related (think its just for uninsured?)
    - Every agency has 30 days to come up with a plan for the money and resources needed, plans to be updated every 60 days until its over
    - States can charge the feds for feeding kids during school closures
    -Bunch of stuff about being able to feed kids and waivers for normal procedures (I don't know the normal procedures)
    -States under declared states of emergency can extend SNAP benefits
    -Alter definition for FMLA to include public health emergencies (looks like first 14 days could still be unpaid, but paid leave afterwards? Probably different for some places. Washington State has some expanded FMLA stuff already)
    -Extra money for unemployment benefits (the math seems like a lot of money, even for this bill. Like multiplying some ratio by 1billion. I may be reading it wrong)
    -Paid Sick leave: 112 hours for full time, Average of last 2 weeks for part time (also cant force employee to use other leave before using this leave)
    -A bunch of definitions and quit trying to rules lawyer this please, people are dying
    -Health insurance shall waive copay and deductible for covid stuff
    -Alter Medicare/CHIP definitions to cover covid stuff 100%
    -Insurance covers personal respiratory devices?
    -Employers get tax credits/payroll tax for the Sick Leave stuff 100% of it?
    -Same thing for 'certain' self employed people
    -Budget stuff

This should help out a lot of folks here out of work

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Legacy wrote: »

Thanks to y'all gig workers. Being on quarantine I placed an instacart order this morning, just couple of days worth of food, nothing crazy, and the shopper only had to sub one item and the delivery only got delayed about an hour. Not like I was going anywhere anyways. Also I let them know to just drop it off outside my door so I didn't put them at any more exposure risk. Also we didn't have any snow in the city here. Sure that helped.

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I went to a shooting range today.

Their sales floor had two lines all the way back to the door. Looks like lots of first-time purchases. I talked to one of the range safety officers, and they said that they'd seen a noticeable trend of first-generation Asian immigrants coming in with anecdotes of bias incidents, wanting to better defend themselves.

They also said that they were seeing a lot of people walking out with firearms and no real plans to do any training, which is a bit concerning.

• Options
    The thought of people panic-buying firearms right now is NOT a comforting thought. ESPECIALLY without proper safety training.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    The thought of people panic-buying firearms right now is NOT a comforting thought. ESPECIALLY without proper safety training.

That's why clever preppers stockpile medical supplies, so that when the dumbasses who stockpiled weapons shoot themselves they'll have to come begging to them to save their lives.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Ride the ducks went out of business.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

And nothing of value was lost.

Arguably, value was gained.

• Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    Hey folks, I'm planning on donating to food banks - any suggestions for specific ones?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

I can’t find proof of that online

I did see where they were fined $123 million for that crash last year

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Atomika wrote: »

I can’t find proof of that online

I did see where they were fined $123 million for that crash last year

https://mynorthwest.com/1766776/ride-the-ducks-seattle-shuts-doors/

SOURCE: MyNorthwest is part of the KIRO news branch

It's the best I could find. And, even then, MyNorthwest closes their piece by saying that they're not sure if it's a permanent closure or if it's due to covid-19.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Aim wrote: »
    Hey folks, I'm planning on donating to food banks - any suggestions for specific ones?

https://www.northwestharvest.org/

Is the one my company always does our food drives for.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
  • Options
    David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    Capitol Hill in Seattle has been a ghost town. Went for a walk last night through the bar area and there was barely a handful of people out. It’s real eerie considering how packed it normally is. Smart! But freaky.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    West Seattle still had a smallish crowd out. We ordered takeout from a popular local place thinking they would be doing terrible numbers, and when I went to pick up the order I was surprised/concerned to see the place was 2/3 full.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    West Seattle still had a smallish crowd out. We ordered takeout from a popular local place thinking they would be doing terrible numbers, and when I went to pick up the order I was surprised/concerned to see the place was 2/3 full.

This is because its a residential neighborhood. Downtown is dead. Pike place is at 1/10th normal i think (just from looking out the window). The restaurant that is closest to me which is usually full for happy hour is doing maybe 20 tables a day

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Lower Queen Anne is as busy as it's ever been. Same with Upper Queen Anne. Quarantine Shmuarantine, apparently.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    People are dumbasses.

• Options
    They can be as dumb as they want as long as I can eat at Nielsen's six days a week.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    They can be as dumb as they want as long as I can eat at Nielsen's six days a week.

Dude, you're sick. Stay home.

• Options
    HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

He's also supposedly laid off due to Covid and threatening to march on Olympia over lost wages.

• Options

Bring me those delicious Snitters and maybe I will!

• Options

Enjoy being Typhoid Mary I guess?

• Options

Hyperbole much?

• Options

Hyperbole much?

You have a , quote," debilitating cold" and keep going out to eat. Ever consider you might just have a mild case of COVID? And either way what going out to eat while sick means for spreading sick around?

• Options

Hyperbole much?

You have a , quote," debilitating cold" and keep going out to eat. Ever consider you might just have a mild case of COVID? And either way what going out to eat while sick means for spreading sick around?

My complete lack of a fever, body aches, and shortness of breath would indicate that this is a standard if aggravating cold, and not COVID. Especially given the fact that I'm on the other side of it as of this afternoon.

• Options
    Yeah I picked up Chinese yesterday and the restaurant was pretty empty,when normally 5pm on a saturday would be busy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Seems like the ER census has plateaued for now

We’re about 50% down, but have kept that for a week now, which is fine because almost half the staff is on quarantine

Also @Hacksaw keep your ass inside, Jesus dude

Atomika on
  • Options

We’re about 50% down, but have kept that for a week now, which is fine because almost half the staff is on quarantine

Also Hacksaw keep your ass inside, Jesus dude

Hopefully good news and not like calm before the storm.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

I think it’s mostly people choosing to stay home or see their primary doctor for minor illnesses and afflictions instead of using the ER for convenience, which honestly is how it should be all the time, but people can be dumb.

• Options

I think it’s mostly people choosing to stay home or see their primary doctor for minor illnesses and afflictions instead of using the ER for convenience, which honestly is how it should be all the time, but people can be dumb.

Totes get that. I know I hit up the ER once when it was personally scary, but ultimately not damaging, and that was without a big outbreak going on!

I think what doesn't help in this area is that most people I know have allergies/a cold in late winter early spring, and so this virus has people freaking like never before.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.