Options

Don't Stop Youtubin'

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Ok here I can save this:
    drain the coke from a bigger bottle, do the whole straw thing but with longer straws
    Melt the ice cream
    pour some of the soda back into the bottle, along with the ice cream
    drink through the straws, now you have an ice cream float for everyone to share

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Lockdown Productivity: Spaceship You
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snAhsXyO3Ck
    10:58

Well, CGP Grey, would have been rad to see this at any point in lockdown except the Thursday before I march back out into the virus-blasted hellscape and resume full-time work, but good effort.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I've very much fallen down a DJ Cummerbund hole on YouTube recently, but I keep coming back to this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJX7t4MXUaA&list=RDsJX7t4MXUaA

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Holy fuck man. Just... what the fuck is this team?!

I don't follow baseball and I suddenly hate the Yankees!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

hating the yankess is the correct course of action

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Ichiro! Ichiro!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

hating the yankees is the correct course of action

Yeah, this is pretty much the first thing that happens to anyone who learns anything about baseball.

Speaking as a person who doesn't know much about baseball, but knows enough to hate the fucking Yankees.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    Ichiro! Ichiro!

everyone loves ichiro, this is true

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    you either hate the yankees, are a yankees fan, or don't care about baseball

those are the only three choices

• Options
    you either hate the yankees, are a yankees fan, or don't care about baseball

those are the only three choices

I'm a rays fan and live in st. pete so I have to deal with their spring training AND having terrible new york tourists AND having them as division threats

my contempt for them could not be greater

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you can always find new levels of contempt for the yankees

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

Teams you should hate by default:

MLB: Yankees
    NFL: Patriots
    College basketball: Duke
    Marble League/Marbula One: Savage Speeders

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Also you should hate Rutgers for their academic dishonesty

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

I never thought about that but it's true, temple's the only huge stage I enjoy playing on.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I once met a guy from Jersey who was convinced that the reason the Yankees used to buy talented players and never use them wasn't because they had the money to deny powerful assets to other teams, but because Steinbrenner loved the fans so much and wanted to make sure they had only the best things

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I once met a guy from Jersey who was convinced that the reason the Yankees used to buy talented players and never use them wasn't because they had the money to deny powerful assets to other teams, but because Steinbrenner loved the fans so much and wanted to make sure they had only the best things

cursed post

• Options
    also I would like to point out to you that there is a minor league baseball team called the Liberal BeeJays

it is mentioned in this episode of Dorktown and Jon says that name without batting a fucking eye, which is how you know he is a real professional

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Shorty wrote: »

cursed post

this same guy was also convinced that the entire rest of the country "loved New Jersey"

think on that

anyway, here are some things not discussed in this Dorktown which I think are interesting about this period of Mariners history:

obviously the secret MVP of the 2001 season is the clubhouse drug dealer, but I'd also like to give a shoutout to M's catcher Dan Wilson, who was a phenomenally good defensive player with a steady bat, and it's really down to the fact that catchers are just generally underappreciated that he isn't talked about more; you really have to be a slugger to get any recognition as a catcher, and that's disappointing to me because it's one of the hardest positions to play well.

Jamie Moyer got a brief mention, which is nice! that guy is my favorite pitcher in M's history. he's the kind I think is most interesting, a technician with extremely fine ball control who uses their fastball like an offspeed pitch.

I believe 2001 was also the season in which Omar Vizquel complained about the huge fuck-off diamond earrings that Arthur Rhodes liked to wear, which is a great story because it highlights both how cool Arthur Rhodes was and what a bunch of fucking pissants baseball players are that they'll look for any excuse to police people's behavior, as well as what a bunch of tinpot cops the officials can be as they tried to force Rhodes to remove them, resulting in a bench-clearer that people still talk about to this day

in case you wondered whether everyone here felt betrayed by A-rod's departure in a way that they hadn't for any other player, ever, the answer is "I will smuggle this bucket of Monopoly money I had printed with Alex Rodriguez's face on it into the stadium and throw it onto the field when he comes up to bat".

Shorty on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The next step after deciding to hate the Yankees is deciding to hate the Cardinals. These steps are reversed if you live in the midwest

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I definitely hate the Astros, Red Sox, and Cardinals (all blatant cheaters) way more than the Yankees

Yankees are just goofy over-spenders

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »

Teams you should hate by default:

MLB: Yankees
    NFL: Patriots
    College basketball: Duke
    Marble League/Marbula One: Savage Speeders

I hate the Savage Speeders more than any other team in my life.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    The next step after deciding to hate the Yankees is deciding to hate the Cardinals. These steps are reversed if you live in the midwest

God I hate the cardinals.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    also the Red Sox have the worst front office in all of sports

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The team to hate in the NHL definitely used to be the Red Wings, but they're real pathetic, now. Not sure if anyone's really stepped up lately. I also don't know who it is in the NBA now, since I think the NBA is largely a league you follow for players more than you do for franchises.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    the only team in the NBA you could hate is the Knicks

mainly for incompetence

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    The nba is probably just generally Lakers and Celtics, plus whichever team has the current best player and been dominating for the last couple years.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    the Chicaco and Los Angeles NHL teams have some of the worst fans in sports for sure

Xehalus on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I would say that for the NFL, the Patriots are only hated because of the 20-year Brady era, which is finally at an end. The Yankees equivalent in the NFL has to be the Cowboys. They for all the criteria:

- Long time in the league with lots of pre-2000 championships
    - Obnoxious and hated owner
    - Exhausting fan base
    - Self titled America’s Team (blech)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    every NFL season I wish the Patriots, Cowboys, and Saints didn't exist

Xehalus on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Who's buying all the Yankees merch to make them the richest team if everyone hates them though

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I live exactly midway between Chicago and St. Louis, and my grandfather was a die-hard Cardinals fan.

I mean, I knew the Yankees were evil, but I kinda just go with the flow when it comes to sports.

Now, when I lived up in Northern IL, it was all about Green Bay for some reason - probably hatred of the Bears.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Who's buying all the Yankees merch to make them the richest team if everyone hates them though

Jay-Z fans.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    There's only one piece of Yankee merch worth owning anyway.

https://youtu.be/LcbK__SeXy0

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Uh I think you mean

zyn0t1srnwsv.jpeg

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    That just a smaller no-brim Yankee you can't fool me.
    There HAS to be some kind of pun you can make that combines yarmulke and Yankee but I can't think of one for the life of me.

pHWHd2G.jpg
This discussion has been closed.