Atomika wrote: »
    be me
    had 10 hours of daylight chores when I’m normally asleep
    need nap
    sleep six hours
    wake up at 4 am
    remember I told Cinders I would make dinner
    blah

It's okay, I sent her a dog link so she'll probably be happy when she wakes up.

Oh yes that’ll do it

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i just bought a 20 year old football jersey from my local irish team off some lad in poland and my dad asked "are you not worried he's selling fakes?"

if some guy is selling fake jerseys from a team whose stadium holds less than 4000 people, he deserves the money

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    japan wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm in favour of us having some naming laws that do not let you inflict a name like that on a kid

As far as I understand the situation here, there aren't any formalised rules, but there is a subjective test that at registration the child has to have "a name"

I think there have been instances where individual registrars have argued that a desired name in fact, isn't
    japan wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm in favour of us having some naming laws that do not let you inflict a name like that on a kid

As far as I understand the situation here, there aren't any formalised rules, but there is a subjective test that at registration the child has to have "a name"

I think there have been instances where individual registrars have argued that a desired name in fact, isn't

our name law unsurprisingly opens with the fact that everyone must have a name

and also that within six months of birth the parents must have named the child, otherwise the tax authority will end up charging the parents with a crime

was a myth that if you didn't the state would pick a name but it won't - surname will be picked automatically but first name will be given only through badgering the parents with late notices and ultimately threats of fines if they don't

I'm not so sure that has ever happened, though

(according to this one article the time limit gets exceeded often - 163 times in 2015 - but how often the strongly worded late notices thereafter get ignored to the point where the police gets involved, who knows)

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i just bought a 20 year old football jersey from my local irish team off some lad in poland and my dad asked "are you not worried he's selling fakes?"

if some guy is selling fake jerseys from a team whose stadium holds less than 4000 people, he deserves the money

yeah I mean if that is the case, throw poor Krzysztof a bone, dude's probably about to lose his house that is full of fake football jerseys from incredibly minor teams

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Cinders is a “set 15 alarms” kinda girl

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Plus like...how much do I care about a fake jersey, I guess? I guess the problems are 1) if it's an obvious fake, i.e. it has significant differences from a real jersey, or 2) if it's poorly made and will fall apart after a couple years.

If neither of those are issues, who cares? All jerseys are fake except the ones the players wear.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    @credeiki that photo had a weird angle, those flags are pretty far away. There’s a pool between them.
    8aaycyoij3my.jpeg

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Dutch name law attempts to follow/ interpret the laws of the country you hold citizenship in.

This causes issues with African nations that use 'name strings' (idk how to translate 'namenreeks')

For instance under Dutch interpretation
    of Eritrean law you are OwnName FatherName PaternalGrandfatherName (ex: Gebremichael Jozias Gezai)

But Dutch registration doesn't account for that, so all 3 of these go into lastname fields. And nothing in firstname. Which in turn breaks 90% of Dutch application online forms for services.

If that person has a child they are expected to follow their countries law.

Then if you nationalize you have to establish a first + family name, and can no longer follow your original name.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Everyone should just be assigned a number based on the order in which they were born. Accidental duplicates will be terminated when found.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Everyone should just be assigned a number based on the order in which they were born. Accidental duplicates will be terminated when found.

i'd love having a number for a name.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
  • Options
    Plus like...how much do I care about a fake jersey, I guess? I guess the problems are 1) if it's an obvious fake, i.e. it has significant differences from a real jersey, or 2) if it's poorly made and will fall apart after a couple years.

If neither of those are issues, who cares? All jerseys are fake except the ones the players wear.

the issue i've found with fakes is that the sizing is fucked

they look incredibly legit but once you put it on, it doesn't actually look like it was made for a person

as a bigger dude, it can really screw me over (although i just give them to my gf cus she likes wearing my stuff)

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I remember reading a thing in defence of the now-demolished Birmingham Central Library, regarded as one of the ugliest buildings in the UK, which asserted that it's reputation was partly undeserved as it had been envisioned and designed as being placed in softer surroundings (i.e. gentle landscaping, trees, greenery, etc) as opposed to the plain of tarmac crowded by other buildings where it was actually situated.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @21stCentury cool! A bit of my anxiety slipped through. I am deathly afraid of being on people's ignore lists here or something.

You randomly mentioned a YouTuber that you were upset with and I tried to get your attention to ask who it was because I trust your opinions on such things... But I didn't want to batsignal you because it wasn't like... Urgent? But in retrospect I guess I should have.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Citizen 34fc7fc6-983c-439e-a5c1-023bda61ad8d is wrong, a UUID is clearly better and not sensitive to IDOR attacks.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    You will receive a name based upon your flavour.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Seems like calling everyone from chat Ranch will get confusing.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    BEAST! wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Seems like calling everyone from chat Ranch will get confusing.

Oh, so that guy gets to be called Low-Fat, I see how it is.

• Options
    companies have started offering player cut jerseys and they are not popular with the average football fan

my local team has had to advertise this seasons jerseys as "normal fit" after the player cut ones from last year were a disaster

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    oh look its a Beast

• Options
    oh look its a Beast
    Oh look it's Ranch

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    companies have started offering player cut jerseys and they are not popular with the average football fan

my local team has had to advertise this seasons jerseys as "normal fit" after the player cut ones from last year were a disaster

In cycling jerseys the as-supplied-to-pros cut is known as "Italian fit"

• Options
    the xl i bought today fits better than the 4xl player cut

i'm not even sure why "player cut" goes up to 4xl since i doubt there's any players that big but anyway

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Dutch name law attempts to follow/ interpret the laws of the country you hold citizenship in.

This causes issues with African nations that use 'name strings' (idk how to translate 'namenreeks')

For instance under Dutch interpretation
    of Eritrean law you are OwnName FatherName PaternalGrandfatherName (ex: Gebremichael Jozias Gezai)

But Dutch registration doesn't account for that, so all 3 of these go into lastname fields. And nothing in firstname. Which in turn breaks 90% of Dutch application online forms for services.

If that person has a child they are expected to follow their countries law.

Then if you nationalize you have to establish a first + family name, and can no longer follow your original name.

What's an OwnName if not another name for first name?

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Most pro cyclists are in the 1m60s and weigh in the low 60kgs, and most of that is leg muscle. Extremely low fat, not much upper body muscle.
    If you need a shot of a starving/sick person for a movie, you can substitute a cyclist upper body fairly in a pinch.
    Their faces are usually heavily tanned though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    oh look its a Beast
    Oh look it's Ranch

how would you know how I taste :winky:

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

i'd love having a number for a name.

Be quiet number four two one three six eight three three zero zero

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Please please my friends call me Fancy Feast

• Options
    oh look its a Beast
    Oh look it's Ranch

how would you know how I taste :winky:
    who DOESNT?

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    big mortal kombat hype yesterday so of course all the modes I care about are down today for the first time in like a year. cool cool cool.

I guess I could really push myself to do a bunch of my painting project today but it's so hard. so hard. moving all the furniture and clearing the walls and the tape and the painting. I wish it would just finish itself. hint hint!!!!!!!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Should I buy Doom Eternal

• Options
    HI VARI

• Options
    hello! also I've heard doom eternal is good.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Variable wrote: »
    big mortal kombat hype yesterday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7RkNMW6PkU

emnmnme on
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    big mortal kombat hype yesterday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7RkNMW6PkU

that cheesy music oh lord

• Options
    friendships, more story, more characters, some gear and skins advertised... but the competitive league is down right now, as is the 'grind single player for a skin each and every week' calculator. and I've already played dress up enough with each and every character that I don't have much to discover there. not that I would ever refuse to go over every single one of a character's masks with each different shade of skin or something, I won't pretend I don't enjoy it.

sometimes one of the 64 masks just works perfectly with one of the 75 skins and you don't know that unless you check.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    friendships, more story, more characters, some gear and skins advertised... but the competitive league is down right now, as is the 'grind single player for a skin each and every week' calculator. and I've already played dress up enough with each and every character that I don't have much to discover there. not that I would ever refuse to go over every single one of a character's masks with each different shade of skin or something, I won't pretend I don't enjoy it.

sometimes one of the 64 masks just works perfectly with one of the 75 skins and you don't know that unless you check.

I know its silly but my version (ultimate) of the game being instantly devalued to $20 makes me not want to buy another NRS product anytime soon

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    When they first announced this I immediately went there to grab the code for my favorite painting that i have to see every time we go to the met

https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/436918

In which cupid is playfully peeing on venus.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    damn the titties get pixellated

what's even the point

This discussion has been closed.