As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mods know too much about the [Conspiracy Theories] thread

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    FSMRt9u.jpg

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I have to wonder how paleontologists must feel whenever they see lizard people being referred to as dinosaur people.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    I just like the idea that there was an ancient civilization of highly advanced dinosaur people.

I loved dinosaurs as a kid, and now I love space dinosaur lizard people aliens as an adult.

(I can neither confirm nor deny that I’m a lizard person)

Star Trek got you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjuptfaTqyo

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    On a related note, Distant Origin Theory is patent stupidity before that episode. The Voth and several related species have unique genes that other species on their world don't. It's not that they can't be reconciled with the fossil record (they've been there long enough that missing links are to be expected regardless), just some gene that dinosaurs and dinopeople have that plants and birds and mammals and whatever else they have there don't. "We came from the other side of the galaxy," is an insane conclusion to draw from that.

Finding dead bodies left behind by Voyager and finding that humans have the same gene is like David Icke going out in his back yard with a shovel and accidentally breaking through into the Lizard Dome.

The Voth often get cited as one of the dumber things from Voyager (and wowee does that holodeck scene work hard for prove it), but there's an untold story there that I still want to hear. See, by the Voth's own science, they're nowhere near 65 million years old and they've only been spacefaring for two million years. They didn't escape earth, at least not under their own power.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    On a related note, Distant Origin Theory is patent stupidity before that episode. The Voth and several related species have unique genes that other species on their world don't. It's not that they can't be reconciled with the fossil record (they've been there long enough that missing links are to be expected regardless), just some gene that dinosaurs and dinopeople have that plants and birds and mammals and whatever else they have there don't. "We came from the other side of the galaxy," is an insane conclusion to draw from that.

Finding dead bodies left behind by Voyager and finding that humans have the same gene is like David Icke going out in his back yard with a shovel and accidentally breaking through into the Lizard Dome.

The Voth often get cited as one of the dumber things from Voyager (and wowee does that holodeck scene work hard for prove it), but there's an untold story there that I still want to hear. See, by the Voth's own science, they're nowhere near 65 million years old and they've only been spacefaring for two million years. They didn't escape earth, at least not under their own power.

Easy explanation.

Turns out two asteroids hit Earth in the same spot. The first one scooped up a chunk of the planet, spun it into an airtight semi-hollow sphere, and flung the resultant life-sustaining mass into space. The following asteroid filled in the hole left behind. Oh, and the molten core of the new planetoid was somehow similar to a sun but without burning everything up or having the mass for sustained fusion because it was made of unobtanium or some other equally moronic mcguffin material.

For eons, the bubble planet drifted through space before colliding with another life-bearing planet. The bubble planet collided in a long, rolling fashion, allowing it to unravel safely enough to preserve most of the life inside. Freed on a new world, the dinosaurians were free to develop into a sentient species and eventually get into space, still millions of years ahead of humans.

This stuff is just so easy to figure out if you think about it.

• Options
    edited May 2020

Easy explanation.

Turns out two asteroids hit Earth in the same spot. The first one scooped up a chunk of the planet, spun it into an airtight semi-hollow sphere, and flung the resultant life-sustaining mass into space. The following asteroid filled in the hole left behind. Oh, and the molten core of the new planetoid was somehow similar to a sun but without burning everything up or having the mass for sustained fusion because it was made of unobtanium or some other equally moronic mcguffin material.

For eons, the bubble planet drifted through space before colliding with another life-bearing planet. The bubble planet collided in a long, rolling fashion, allowing it to unravel safely enough to preserve most of the life inside. Freed on a new world, the dinosaurians were free to develop into a sentient species and eventually get into space, still millions of years ahead of humans.

Eh, easier one: The Preservers transplanted dinosaurs ahead of the collision fearing their genetic program on Earth would be destroyed. It ended up surviving of course, but that doesn't mean they go back and delete the backup. Voyager's storyline already required two separate Preserver hooks to explain one character's tattoo.

Voyager didn't have stupid discoveries, it had stupid reactions to them. "Wow, that's amazing, something like this shouldn't be able to exist." "Huh, that's interesting, let's spend an hour betting on how long Ensign What'sherfuck is going to be pregnant while it does radiation at us."

Hevach on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Dinosaurs took the form of birds to spy on us. Lizard people are a whole nother thing. Get it right :P

Check out this guy talking like birds are real.

man this site is incredible
    On October 25th, 1963 Kennedy was shown a prototype of the Turkey X500- a robot that specialized in killing larger birds like eagles and falcons. The robot displayed its surveillance skills, as well as its ability to find and track escaped criminals (as we learned from chapter 1, this was one of the things that drove Eisenhower to approve the project.) Kennedy was impressed with what he was shown but continued to demand the immediate shutdown of the operation; and less than a month later he was dead. Now I’m not saying that these events are correlated, but I am. JFK was murdered by the CIA because he was against the mass murder of every feathered flying creature in the United States.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    China actually does use bird drones. This is cited as proof of the theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8JFJh8Kknc

They look and behave faker than the smile I give my family.

Hevach on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Easy explanation.

Eh, easier one: The Preservers transplanted dinosaurs ahead of the collision fearing their genetic program on Earth would be destroyed. It ended up surviving of course, but that doesn't mean they go back and delete the backup. Voyager's storyline already required two separate Preserver hooks to explain one character's tattoo.

Voyager didn't have stupid discoveries, it had stupid reactions to them. "Wow, that's amazing, something like this shouldn't be able to exist." "Huh, that's interesting, let's spend an hour betting on how long Ensign What'sherfuck is going to be pregnant while it does radiation at us."

On a super tangentially related note, I love how Stargate SG-1 does actually take the tech and runs with it, most of the time

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    New new rumor is that Kim Jong-un faked his death to try to root out disloyal high officials, finding out anyone who thought it would be safe to show some ambition for power. Diabolical if true, but it's only being reported by tabloids so who knows if it's true or not. What's even truth in the Hermit Kingdom anyway?

Or in the rest of the world, aside from death?

Mayabird on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    When it comes to NK, there's few sources of information. Ranked in descending order of credibility:

-Refugees escaping the country
    -South Korean intelligence or reunification agencies
    -(three pages of white space)
    -Anyone else's intelligence agencies
    -Chinese state media
    -North Korean state media
    -(some more pages of white space)
    -Internet randos and literally any western media (tied at worthless)

And the top sources on the list are MAYBE 50% reliable.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Jacob Wohl is somehow still not in jail so he's doing his usual bullshit of trying to accuse high-profile not-right-wingers of sexual assault. They hired a woman to claim she was assaulted by Dr. Fauci, but she had second thoughts - and recorded Wohl and his insane unzipped-fly lawyer Jack Burkman trying to talk her into not walking out on the plan.

They're just as scummy as you could imagine them, like trying to press the woman into using details from her own sexual assault in high school against Dr. Fauci and Burkman going full eugenicist despite his inability to work a zipper.
    "Mother Nature has to clean the barn every so often," Burkman counters. "How real is it? Who knows? So what if 1 percent of the population goes? So what if you lose 400,000 people? Two hundred thousand were elderly, the other 200,000 are the bottom of society. You got to clean out the barn. If it's real, it's a positive thing, for God's sake."

No surprises, just endless disappointment in our society.

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Guh. Multiple people I personally know, some of whom I previously suspected of being fully sapient, have started posting and defending-at-endless-length that ridiculous "Plandemic" faux-documentary that's been making the rounds in the last couple of days suggesting the virus was engineered on purpose, is transmitted via wifi, and some wharrgarbl about Them and Their evil vaccination plans, etc., etc., etc. Another friend abruptly swung all the way from "typically reasonable" to "actual David Icke supporter."

I do not understand what is happening to peoples' critical faculties this spring. I just do not.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    Guh. Multiple people I personally know, some of whom I previously suspected of being fully sapient, have started posting and defending-at-endless-length that ridiculous "Plandemic" faux-documentary that's been making the rounds in the last couple of days suggesting the virus was engineered on purpose, is transmitted via wifi, and some wharrgarbl about Them and Their evil vaccination plans, etc., etc., etc. Another friend abruptly swung all the way from "typically reasonable" to "actual David Icke supporter."

I do not understand what is happening to peoples' critical faculties this spring. I just do not.

You should unknow them.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular

Probably the 5G.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Jacob Wohl is somehow still not in jail

He only targets public officials and has never made a statement in a venue where perjury or contempt are on the table. It's why he has his shirtweener of a lawyer around every time, to let him know when he might be getting close to the "actually technically illegal" line.

Edit: probably also buys the whole "if he's a lawyer its covered by privilege" schtick that's cost Trump so much money.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    A bunch of breathtakingly stupid people (for some reason mostly Australians?) smashing their televisions BECAUSE THAT WILL SHOW THE 'FAKE LIBERAL MEDIA' WHO'S BOSS! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOVy3weAtqw

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular

You should unknow them.

I mean, I think that line was crossed when people I thought I knew started talking up people like Icke. I'm not even trying to engage - someone that far gone is lost as far as I'm concerned - as much as I'm confused about how that transformation happened in the first place.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    A bunch of breathtakingly stupid people (for some reason mostly Australians?) smashing their televisions BECAUSE THAT WILL SHOW THE 'FAKE LIBERAL MEDIA' WHO'S BOSS! :

Do they not have hammers in Australia? Or are they preparing these TVs for some pan frying?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    Too bad we don't have CRTs anymore. Smashing an LCD just looks stupid.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

You should unknow them.

I work with two groups of people that since March have been vocal at each other about over the virus and economy as well as other things
    The Truthers And others when they go at it I can hear them way over where I work which is why I really need to fix my mp3 player to block them and the soul crushing boredom of work

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

You should unknow them.

I work with two groups of people that since March have been vocal at each other about over the virus and economy as well as other things
    The Truthers And others when they go at it I can hear them way over where I work which is why I really need to fix my mp3 player to block them and the soul crushing boredom of work

Yeah, two of my coworkers are at a minimum conservatives and they joke about conservative conspiracy theories all the time (and believe that climate change is fake). Working from home has been a welcome relief from their daily chats in my shared office.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Jacob Wohl is somehow still not in jail so he's doing his usual bullshit of trying to accuse high-profile not-right-wingers of sexual assault. They hired a woman to claim she was assaulted by Dr. Fauci, but she had second thoughts - and recorded Wohl and his insane unzipped-fly lawyer Jack Burkman trying to talk her into not walking out on the plan.

They're just as scummy as you could imagine them, like trying to press the woman into using details from her own sexual assault in high school against Dr. Fauci and Burkman going full eugenicist despite his inability to work a zipper.
    "Mother Nature has to clean the barn every so often," Burkman counters. "How real is it? Who knows? So what if 1 percent of the population goes? So what if you lose 400,000 people? Two hundred thousand were elderly, the other 200,000 are the bottom of society. You got to clean out the barn. If it's real, it's a positive thing, for God's sake."

No surprises, just endless disappointment in our society.

It’s always unsettling when you realise true cartoon supervillainy actually exists in the real world

Prohass on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »

‘The new season of Housos looks really dark’

Absolute best comment to that video.

• Options
    Too bad we don't have CRTs anymore. Smashing an LCD just looks stupid.

It could look awesome. Chainsaws, woodchippers, sledgehammers.. at least one guy had the right idea with the axe.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Theatrical destruction is all about having the right tools, not the right subject. Having watched many things be destroyed for my amusement on YouTube, I feel confident saying that most modern electronics call for thick kerf saws or shredders. Crushing and blunt tools are generally disappointing, though the combination sharp-and-blunt of a splitting maul works well on PC towers and game consoles.

Edit: Also, catapults are never wrong.

Hevach on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Have you ever noticed television technology arrived around the same time as the first UFO sightings?

ThEyRe wAtChInG uS

ysb5sk55y6z9.jpeg

• Options
    Have you ever noticed television technology arrived around the same time as the first UFO sightings?

ThEyRe wAtChInG uS

ysb5sk55y6z9.jpeg

Season 6 of Earth would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

ThEyRe wAtChInG uS

ysb5sk55y6z9.jpeg

Season 6 of Earth would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

They're out of ideas and just throwing shit at the walls at this point. It's like they know they're going to get cancelled.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Ok I had to put this somewhere and honestly here seemed fitting.

At start of this I grabbed some vitamins in case a random food item was out a particular day. Grabbed these "one a day" gummies (because I am also forever a child)

Was making a drink and was reading the side as I waited for water to boil and recheck what it all had in it.

And I noticed tiny writing at the bottom.

"Recommended dosage = 2"

Named "One a day"

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    How automated can Twitter bot (and other social media bots) production and dissemination be? I ask because when I see accounts doing some incredible coronavirus double-think of "It's just the flu!/It's not as bad as the flu!" and "It's a deadly super-bio-weapon specifically designed to wipe us all out!" I wonder if the explosion of cases in Russia might hit the bot-makers and Tweet-writers and shut up the accounts for a while. If these things can be automated enough though that one asshole working from home can program millions of them to bleat out their lies though there won't be any respite from it. [Or if these are all actual people parroting it. This is where the conspiracy theory lies here - that most of these accounts aren't real people.]

• Options

At start of this I grabbed some vitamins in case a random food item was out a particular day. Grabbed these "one a day" gummies (because I am also forever a child)

Was making a drink and was reading the side as I waited for water to boil and recheck what it all had in it.

"Recommended dosage = 2"

Named "One a day"

That's America for you.

Where you can name your brand "natural", and put everything you want in it

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    How automated can Twitter bot (and other social media bots) production and dissemination be? I ask because when I see accounts doing some incredible coronavirus double-think of "It's just the flu!/It's not as bad as the flu!" and "It's a deadly super-bio-weapon specifically designed to wipe us all out!" I wonder if the explosion of cases in Russia might hit the bot-makers and Tweet-writers and shut up the accounts for a while. If these things can be automated enough though that one asshole working from home can program millions of them to bleat out their lies though there won't be any respite from it. [Or if these are all actual people parroting it. This is where the conspiracy theory lies here - that most of these accounts aren't real people.]

They are real people. AI isn’t good enough to spread propaganda on its own. They just aren’t who they say they are - “Sandy from Wisconsin” is often actually one of 200 sock puppets managed by “Ivan from Moscow” who is employed by a social media company to spread propaganda on the internet.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I dunno, sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Also for all the "explosion in cases" most places haven't even reached 1% population in confirmed cases

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Also for all the "explosion in cases" most places haven't even reached 1% population in confirmed cases

That just means there's a lot of room for exponential growth if things get out of hand.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Uh... there's platforms that do that for you, basically. You select the number of fake people you need, specify their general fake life stories (do you want conservative looking bots? leftist looking bots? "regular people" looking bots?), and then you can go off. You can specify messaging times, so the bots look more local, you can specify frequency of tweeting and retweeting, and of course, you can let your bots age for a few weeks/months posting regular looking stuff before you use them for political messaging

It's extremely automated.

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Most bots don’t seem to bother posting any “regular looking stuff.” Either that or there are some very sad people out there who never post anything except retweeting negative news articles about Democratic leadership.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

"Recommended dosage = 2"

Named "One a day"

IIRC the ones here in Sweden recommend giving children a half-dose, so it might technically be "one a day" for the target demographic? (The "adult" tablets we get here tend to tell you to give the kids half a tablet with one tablet being a full day's dose for an adult.)

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Also with vitamins you're already probably getting close or what you need from your food, so taking a "half" dose of one gummy is probably plenty for what you need.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
This discussion has been closed.