Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Decent infographic of earth moved in local projects. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regrading_in_Seattle

Some very big numbers.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    The Stranger has been doing a pretty good job of covering events in the city, as well as happenings in the CHOP. I'd rank them as the most trustworthy of the "mainstream" outlets right now.

and you don't even have to be extra guilty about reading it right now because they laid off katie herzog's dumb ass

It's only a matter of time before she's hired by Quillette.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    The Stranger has been doing a pretty good job of covering events in the city, as well as happenings in the CHOP. I'd rank them as the most trustworthy of the "mainstream" outlets right now.

and you don't even have to be extra guilty about reading it right now because they laid off katie herzog's dumb ass

She already works for The Atlantic now

I guess TERFs fail upwards too

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

She already works for The Atlantic now

I guess TERFs fail upwards too

Well, that's one way to balance out Adam Serwer's excellence. :?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Serwer has been too good for that rag for a long time

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Speaking of terrible people, did anyone post Durkan's latest middle finger to the people of Seattle?

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2020/06/23/43959905/slog-pm-mayor-durkan-responds-to-the-demand-to-defund-spd-by-50-by-suggesting-5

Suggesting defunding the police by five whole percent.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Starting June 26th masks are going to be mandatory in all public areas statewide.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    Starting June 26th masks are going to be mandatory in all public areas statewide.

I am really really angry that this is even remotely needed and extra angry that this will be used to target minorities and protestors.

• Options
    Also what the fuck, that's waaaaaay to short of notice to get everyone masked up in time for the deadline.

Not to mention the fact that some of us have to choose between masking up and being able to see due to condensation on our glasses!

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Also what the fuck, that's waaaaaay to short of notice to get everyone masked up in time for the deadline.

Not to mention the fact that some of us have to choose between masking up and being able to see due to condensation on our glasses!

The short notice depends on if they want something like an official mask or if any sort of face covering will work.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

If I slide my glasses half an inch or so further forward than I would normally wear them, I have almost no problems. If you can get a mask with a wire band for the nose area that keeps it more closely molded to your face up there, that helps a lot too.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    You can find masks on Etsy that are double layered with a pocket, pita bread style. Stuffing a piece of Kleenex in the pocket really helps with fogging glasses

Carpy on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

If I slide my glasses half an inch or so further forward than I would normally wear them, I have almost no problems. If you can get a mask with a wire band for the nose area that keeps it more closely molded to your face up there, that helps a lot too.

The wire especially helps since your glasses can sit back as usual if you're doing more physically intensive stuff and want them to stay put.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    My wife and I bought masks for our kids and ourselves from a company called happy masks. They are excellent for long term wear with minimal fogging of glasses etc. You have to hand wash them because the filter is built in, but, that’s how they can keep the shape that helps stop them fogging. No complaints even from the kids wearing them.

Masks should have been mandated for months.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    [Wrong thread]

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I mean to be fair most people should have had masks themselves months ago. I've been going to the store masked up since this began. I imagine the police will also have some temporary masks they'll distribute before they go right to fines. The bigger problem will be the rual fuckos who will resist because plague spreading is their right.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Seeing a lot of eastern Washington push back on the masks.

Possible solution, Carhartt branded masks.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »

It doesn't matter what's on the mask their idiot god tells them not to.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

True, just we're selling masks made by Keen(who made my other pair of work boots, main pair are Ariats) at work and I was like, hmm idea.

• Options

True, just we're selling masks made by Keen(who made my other pair of work boots, main pair are Ariats) at work and I was like, hmm idea.

Yeah I gotcha, try and tacticool it up and convince them they can swag it. But literally one political party endorsed by the president has made wearing a mask a question to your masculinity and patriotism. Despite everything saying we could have saved potentially 90% of the people who have died of covid we're still going down this path.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Yeah I gotcha, try and tacticool it up and convince them they can swag it. But literally one political party endorsed by the president has made wearing a mask a question to your masculinity and patriotism. Despite everything saying we could have saved potentially 90% of the people who have died of covid we're still going down this path.

They would buy the masks and keep them under their chins.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Oh ffs I see this all the goddamn time.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

Oh ffs I see this all the goddamn time.

Squinting with sunglasses on their head and a mask under their chin.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

With their baseball caps on backwards?

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I will say this:

Masks are fucking rough to breath through in retail and kitchen environments. My wife says she gets dizzy all the time now that she's wearing a mask, she hates it and wants to stop wearing one at work.

She also doesn't really get breaks and that's a thing that I'd love OSHA or someone to bring the fucking hammer down on. You have to require your employees to wear a mask. You also have to give them 5 minutes out of every hour to go out back, take the mask off, and get some fresh air for a bit you motherfucking pieces of shit.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

put a metal reinforcer that rests on the bridge of your nose into your mask. that totally stopped the fogging up problem with my masks. its cheap and super easy to do.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

We’ve been dealing with this issue for 3 monthw. If you don’t have a mask by now that’s on you.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Found out this week my old employer is shutting down effective immediately so that’s at least 150 middle class jobs in the state’s poorest county just gone like that.

My mom (she’s retired from there) got a call that tneyre stopping medical coverage at the end of the month.

knitdan on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    So, is #Thanks Yakama! Trending yet? Because. Goddamit Yakama, that job is for Clark County!!

Sigh, how's owning the libs yet ..goddamit I'm tired of this gaslighting shit.

And yes, I stole this bit from Preacher.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    So, is #Thanks Yakama! Trending yet? Because. Goddamit Yakama, that job is for Clark County!!

Sigh, how's owning the libs yet ..goddamit I'm tired of this gaslighting shit.

And yes, I stole this bit from Preacher.

These bits grow up so fast!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yakama refers to the tribe and Yakima refers to the city

• Options
    There's a charity thing going on, on amazon right now to benefit people during covid in the state of washington.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Eastern WA going to Eastern WA.

ic7t8c0q4hig.jpg

I do see the little statement at the end but its not meant to be serious in saying they "support" mask wearing.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Eastern WA going to Eastern WA.

ic7t8c0q4hig.jpg

I do see the little statement at the end but its not meant to be serious in saying they "support" mask wearing.

They forgot to add the part that says "unless you are a minority, in which case you will be arrested. For not wearing a mask, or wearing a mask, we don't care."

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Today is of course the day the mayor chose to send crew to tear down the CHOP, so we may have a rough weekend ahead.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    The time to abolish Seattle police was yesterday

Good editorial by former council candidate Shaun Scott on the history of racist police in Seattle and the failure of liberal reform to meaningfully break the SPD out of its racism.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I've met him a couple times, he seems like good people

he's also done a lot of activist work since losing his election, which you love to see

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Found out this week my old employer is shutting down effective immediately so that’s at least 150 middle class jobs in the state’s poorest county just gone like that.

My mom (she’s retired from there) got a call that tneyre stopping medical coverage at the end of the month.

@Ringo why on earth would you awesome this

• Options
    Ironiawesome?

I guess someone asked Jay Inslee about Trump's dumb executive order protecting monuments and he dropped the bomb "he cares more about dead confederates than live americans."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Or just misclicking while scrolling on mobile

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
This discussion has been closed.