As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Hi Steam thread! I have missed you all.
    After 4 long weeks I am finally back home!
    I am still on treatment with painkillers and I will need to go back to the hospital on a daily basis to continue the physiotherapy treatment (for at least a whole month) to regain full mobility of my arm. Still, meanwhile the pain in now manageable and does not force me to curl in bed 24/7.
    Thank you very much for all the love and support messages I have been receiving these days here in the forums and Steam. I am sorry if I could not answer you at that moment but you can be sure that they all reached me (thanks to @Shatania who kept track of all of them; she was my assistant to my digital life during these days).
    As you can see I am not still in my best so I am sorry if that means I will be mostly lurking around for a while with less funny pictures and bundle and free game linking in my posts.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    @HiT BiT welcome back! <3<3<3

We're wishing you a speedy and painfree-as-possible recovery!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Questor wrote: »
    And you can't apply it to gifts either (I believe)

Because it really matters how you spend $30.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    I am still on treatment with painkillers and I will need to go back to the hospital on a daily basis to continue the physiotherapy treatment (for at least a whole month) to regain full mobility of my arm. Still, meanwhile the pain in now manageable and does not force me to curl in bed 24/7.
    Thank you very much for all the love and support messages I have been receiving these days here in the forums and Steam. I am sorry if I could not answer you at that moment but you can be sure that they all reached me (thanks to @Shatania who kept track of all of them; she was my assistant to my digital life during these days).
    As you can see I am not still in my best so I am sorry if that means I will be mostly lurking around for a while with less funny pictures and bundle and free game linking in my posts.

I'm glad you're alive dude. I was really worried about you for a bit there.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    I just realised that the $6 off $35 (CAD) thing means I can pick up SW: Squadrons for $49, or Fallen Order for $34. Given my desktop maybe, possibly returns to me in a couple of weeks, this has made me unreasonably excited. Vacillating over which way to go though. Anyone got any direct Fallen Order experience, or Squadrons hype? I'm leaning toward FO, mostly because Squadrons will come out a couple of weeks after the baby is due, and I doubt I'll have time for it. But...but...Star Wars Space Game!

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Oh my god Hit Bit, this is the best news. Im so glad you're back home, we missed you so much. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Welcome back, Hit Bit! <3<3<3.
    Very sorry to hear about your health woes. Best of luck with that arm mobility!

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    lj5qe5x63cok.png

I may or may not have been leaving similar messages in gift messages to @Heatwave since January 2019. I'd say it is not my fault he is so slow to watch a show.

To distract me he gave me this Homeworld prequel. I was a little worried when they announced this title back then but it seems they made a really good game. Thanks a lot Heatwave. <3<3

Isorn on
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Woke up to a nice surprise!
    H4vu1bv.png

Thanks to @Heatwave for Livelock!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Orivon for way too many games.
    This is what came up searching "too much good stuff" and it's probably a unfortunately accurate depiction of my post virus lockdown/work from home transformation.
    Tecn8v8.jpg

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    124VfeU.jpg

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Super thanks to the ever-classy @Karoz for Men of War 2!

nafnlr65qocv.png

:D

• Options
    CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Heroth wrote: »
    Someone mentioned in chat about having 'State of Decay: YOSE' in there inventory which reminded me that i also have a copy of it... so, if anyone wants to give it a spin, shoot me a pm.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/329430/State_of_Decay_YOSE/

Many thanks, @Heroth! @Pixelated Pixie's stories have been extremely inspiring; hopefully I can follow in her zombie-killing footsteps by learning the ropes in the original game.

Calescent on
    Steam: Calidaria
  • Options
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    I just realised that the $6 off $35 (CAD) thing means I can pick up SW: Squadrons for $49, or Fallen Order for $34. Given my desktop maybe, possibly returns to me in a couple of weeks, this has made me unreasonably excited. Vacillating over which way to go though. Anyone got any direct Fallen Order experience, or Squadrons hype? I'm leaning toward FO, mostly because Squadrons will come out a couple of weeks after the baby is due, and I doubt I'll have time for it. But...but...Star Wars Space Game!

I really enjoyed fallen order. I went into it with fairly low expectations but ended up being pleasantly surprised with the story. It is not a perfect game (I think the level design is atrocious -- none of their set pieces are even approaching believable spaces), but the game was a ton of fun to actually play.

• Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Cyberpunk just sitting in the games list, taunting us.
    I claim Dragonfall is the most cyberpunk of the Shadowruns. But 90 of my friends already own it, so it's not great for gifting.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That looks like the Bugsnax guy but horrifying instead of cute.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Corsini wrote: »
    Cyberpunk just sitting in the games list, taunting us.
    I claim Dragonfall is the most cyberpunk of the Shadowruns. But 90 of my friends already own it, so it's not great for gifting.

I've been playing dragonfall and tbh, I've been a bit disappointed. It's pretty linear, with the skill checks pretty much just giving you a loot drop or skipping a fight.

And it had a really annoying habit of starting a fight right after you open a door or finish talking, with the enemy moving first and getting a chance to shoot at you before you can get to cover

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    45qa121xrn5p.png

Shame the Euroshield isn't as good as it used to be. @Madican rubs it in some more. Empyrion looks like a game that can waste quite a bit of time. Thank you <3<3

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Zxerol wrote: »
    zrowj3f43jac.png
    Sorry these took so long to finish. Life Stuff happened and I wasn't grinding it. We're finally in there though!

Match 1: @cardboard delusions, @Jazz
    https://youtu.be/z3jeeIL10fg

Match 2: @HiT BiT, @Massena
    https://youtu.be/D855N_QIYmM

Match 3: @akajaybay, @Iolo
    https://youtu.be/-XbHDHtMUCo

Match 4: @Madican, @LD50
    https://youtu.be/myRJRGssT5M

FINAL RESULTS
    Winners
    cardboard delusions, HiT BiT, Iolo, Madican

Wait, I hide from the Steam thread for a while and of all places you have Soul Calibur 2 going on here and I missed it?

I spent so many years deeply involved with that game, I fucking love it so much.

I am also so watching these immediately and wishing I had the chance to be involved :(

(please do this again sometime)

Kai_San on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Calescent wrote: »
    Someone mentioned in chat about having 'State of Decay: YOSE' in there inventory which reminded me that i also have a copy of it... so, if anyone wants to give it a spin, shoot me a pm.

Many, thanks Heroth! Pixelated Pixie's stories have been extremely inspiring; hopefully I can follow in her zombie-killing footsteps by learning the ropes in the original game.

I did not equate that Pixie's stories are from the sequel to this game that people are giving away. On one hand I'd love to get a copy, but zombies still scare me for some reason. Not as bad as ghosts, but still scary to me. I can barely play Resident Evil games (I haven't finished one since #3).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Many, thanks Heroth! Pixelated Pixie's stories have been extremely inspiring; hopefully I can follow in her zombie-killing footsteps by learning the ropes in the original game.

I did not equate that Pixie's stories are from the sequel to this game that people are giving away. On one hand I'd love to get a copy, but zombies still scare me for some reason. Not as bad as ghosts, but still scary to me. I can barely play Resident Evil games (I haven't finished one since #3).

The zombies, at least in the first one, are generally more of an annoyance. It's the freaks that really complicate things.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @KoopahTroopah doesn't mess around on Mondays, or any day that ends in -y. Holy smokes - thank you dude!
    RjkS1K9.png

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Loving the results of the poll so far.

Poll image:
    s470bhwlmen8.png

This and the general joy around the thread (you lot are some seriously classy people) has brought a smile to my face in a hellishly difficult time IRL.

Real life spoiler: warning, this is rough
    My mum, who some of you may recall was diagnosed with cancer at the start of the year, has taken a huge downturn in her health. She's still at home, with me as the primary carer, but with hospice carers in multiple times a day; and as of last night, an overnight carer a couple of times a week too so I can at least try to get some sleep. (We're at the point where it's serious enough that the pandemic is just a risk we have to take.) Despite being on morphine, now switched to oxycodone, she's still in a lot of pain, but the doctors and nurses don't actually know if it's the cancer or something else; we're awaiting an appointment for a scan to try and find out.

But the short version is, as painful as it is to type, she's most likely dying. And I'm watching it happen in real time; and despite immensely powerful medication, and a team of truly amazing medical professionals who I can't praise enough, can't even keep her out of pain.

I love you guys. And, if you can (which I know is difficult for many at the moment), please go and hug someone you love.

Mum update:
    Her pain is being managed a bit better now, I think. Still not ideal, but better. I doubt the scan will go ahead, it seems almost academic at this point. It's just a case of keeping her as comfortable as possible... and a case of when now.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @Viking gifted me whilst I was at work and wasn't able to even see it! Thanks man and sorry for not seeing it sooner!

VoziZz5.png

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

Poll image:
    s470bhwlmen8.png

This and the general joy around the thread (you lot are some seriously classy people) has brought a smile to my face in a hellishly difficult time IRL.

My mum, who some of you may recall was diagnosed with cancer at the start of the year, has taken a huge downturn in her health. She's still at home, with me as the primary carer, but with hospice carers in multiple times a day; and as of last night, an overnight carer a couple of times a week too so I can at least try to get some sleep. (We're at the point where it's serious enough that the pandemic is just a risk we have to take.) Despite being on morphine, now switched to oxycodone, she's still in a lot of pain, but the doctors and nurses don't actually know if it's the cancer or something else; we're awaiting an appointment for a scan to try and find out.

But the short version is, as painful as it is to type, she's most likely dying. And I'm watching it happen in real time; and despite immensely powerful medication, and a team of truly amazing medical professionals who I can't praise enough, can't even keep her out of pain.

I love you guys. And, if you can (which I know is difficult for many at the moment), please go and hug someone you love.

Mum update:
    Her pain is being managed a bit better now, I think. Still not ideal, but better. I doubt the scan will go ahead, it seems almost academic at this point. It's just a case of keeping her as comfortable as possible... and a case of when now.

Wish there was a "so sorry you're going through this, we're here for you" reaction button...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »

Poll image:
    s470bhwlmen8.png

Mum update:

Wish there was a "so sorry you're going through this, we're here for you" reaction button...

We're "bro"-ing as hard as we can

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    4ns24rey7rvg.png

Thanks a bunch to @Quical for Vanquish, been wanting to play this one.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Thanks guys. Sorry to be punctuating such an awesome Dale thread with bad tidings, but... you know. Thank you all for letting me vent. And for all this other stuff going on that's still making me smile and wear out the awesome button.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    vrxvjy4s8835.png

23 hours and 45 minutes.

I got this close to making it a full sale day without being gifted.

Thanks @JaysonFour for making me reset the timer. :evil:

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thanks guys. Sorry to be punctuating such an awesome Dale thread with bad tidings, but... you know. Thank you all for letting me vent. And for all this other stuff going on that's still making me smile and wear out the awesome button.

Dude, seriously. I really wish I could do something other that just saying I'm sorry to hear this. At least she gets to be with someone she loves at the end. I know it isn't much, but please do know that you're not alone. Good people leaving before we think they should always sucks.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

It's okay, I've got kinemortophobia, I can't partake in any zombie media without having nightmares (of mainly being devoured while still alive) for a solid week.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Kalnaur wrote: »

It's okay, I've got kinemortophobia, I can't partake in any zombie media without having nightmares (of mainly being devoured while still alive) for a solid week.

I'm mostly just extremely tired of them, the whole genre. But I'm also grimly aware that zombie apocalypses will keep being a thing until we either get the actual kind, that we don't let ourselves think about or look directly at, or things get a lot better and we stop being afraid one is on the way.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I'm mostly just extremely tired of them, the whole genre. But I'm also grimly aware that zombie apocalypses will keep being a thing until we either get the actual kind, that we don't let ourselves think about or look directly at, or things get a lot better and we stop being afraid one is on the way.

215050609_CyDQH-L-2.jpg

• Options
    @Quical did a thing...
    auuzvtqtk77x.png

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    @Quical did a thing...
    auuzvtqtk77x.png

Score - I avoid blame!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    This doesn't get old
    elbwpfto4m4f.png

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I beat King Dice on the first try.

I don't know what y'all are on about, FITE ME.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Questor wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    @Quical did a thing...
    auuzvtqtk77x.png

Score - I avoid blame!

Wait. Dangit. It is totally Questor's fault. It's also his fault that his name starts with Q.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I want to thank @Viking for hooking me up with Titanfall 2, because if there is one thing I love on this planet it's giant stompy robots smashing/shooting the hell out of other giant stompy robots.

I can't wait for the day when mechs are so affordable that we can all take them to and from work or the grocery store or whatever.

This discussion has been closed.