As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    According to the wiki, Tallgeese only has 1.2 meters on a Leo, so it’s pretty much just the crest

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    According to the Gundam Wiki on Fandom, the Tallgeese is 17.4m tall and the Leo is 16.2m tall, but for the Tallgeese that's listed as "Overall Height" and for the Leo it's the "Head Height", so whooooo knooooows.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I'm not sure how reliable comparing gunpla that are supposed to be in scale with each other actually is, I don't know that they pay THAT close attention to scale. Unless the extra height is supposed to be from lengthened knee or ankle joints or something.

I mean

idk what better metric you want for imaginary stompy robots

I DEMAND REAL FAKE ROBOT SCHEMATICS APPROVED BY LUCASFILM

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Just don't go looking up the numbers for the Pacific Rim Jaegers, they are all over the board.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I just found out about the RX-78NT-X "Netix," a psycommu equipped variant of the Alex that was featured in one of the SD Gundam games and the Mobile Suit Gundam Katana manga. The apparatus on the back is the semi-miniaturized psycommu system and mounting hardware for a pair of very large wire controlled Bits, which are essentially just gigantic beam cannons with some large thrusters attached. They give me big Zentradi/Meltrandi capital ship vibes in form and function.

2mel8141gr08.jpg

I would like a P-Bandai kit for this one.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I'm not sure how reliable comparing gunpla that are supposed to be in scale with each other actually is, I don't know that they pay THAT close attention to scale. Unless the extra height is supposed to be from lengthened knee or ankle joints or something.

I mean

idk what better metric you want for imaginary stompy robots

I DEMAND REAL FAKE ROBOT SCHEMATICS APPROVED BY LUCASFILM

How long is a Super Star Destroyer again?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Or an A-Wing

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Just don't go looking up the numbers for the Pacific Rim Jaegers, they are all over the board.

or just Eva 01 by itself.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    since it's overcast and humid again today gonna get started on the Tallgeese instead of top coating the Strike Gundam I guess.

rccbms46wfcy.jpg

the Strike was essentially practice, this is the one I really want to do nicely.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Ugh I saw a Penelope out in the wild at B&N yesterday and grabbed it, what have I become

• Options
    edited July 2020
    first thing I notice is they started printing the instructions bilingual japanese/english at some point in the 5 years between the RG Strike and the RG Tallgeese's releases, which is nice, I muddled through on the pictorial instructions pretty intuitively on the Strike but this should help avoid any confusion

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    in trying to find that kitbash of tallgeese that turns it into a tall goose, I found this awesome kitbash instead

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    i think we determined the tall goose was all-tallgeese except for feet from momakapool?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Ugh I saw a Penelope out in the wild at B&N yesterday and grabbed it, what have I become

the owner of a regular sized baby that's what

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    1000147782_10.jpg

speaking of regular sized things aw shit

i can only hope and pray that this doesn't pop up on the US pbandai store

anyway reviews are out for the revive char's zaku and it looks great, though i think i'mma wait for a regular zaku II (or see if they do other ace variants)

hguc_06s2020083.jpg

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'd hope an MG Leo kit would come with the full paraphernalia, ground type, flight type, space type... although the space type is a different color

Ahahahahaha, no, they're going to make each of those a different kit, and two of them are going to be P-Bandai.

• Options
    another innovation since the RG Strike: undergating! neat

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    in trying to find that kitbash of tallgeese that turns it into a tall goose, I found this awesome kitbash instead

that's just the xenogears!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Another packaaage!

Holy shit you guys. I can't believe I actually have a Phoenix Gundam kit.

...Now where's my Phoenix Zero One and Tornado boye? (probably P-Bandai sometime next year)

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    ugh I really shouldn't decide to do painting projects in the summer. Fuckin who knows when we'll have a day without like 85% humidity

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Speaking of undergating and Phoenix, I wonder if... the MGEX Unicorn will finally, after 14 years iterating on this fuckin' thing, finally just undergate every single armor piece to future proof for an MGEX Phenex down the line?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Holy shit, Uraven.

Holy shit.

I was really worried how well the Core series was gonna handle the leg add ons out of anything else, but they are surprisingly solid fits. The clavicle joint is a bit too tight, but a few runs at articulating it should hopefully iron that out so it's smoother.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I need to figure out what to use to replicate the leg thrusters operating as on-wire sensor bits. Because of course that's where you'd house additional bits, as your thruster assemblies

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Speaking of wires, I wanna unwind a wire hanger or something and use it to model a winch launch effect.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Might be able to use a spool of jeweler’s wire, if the hangar doesn’t have the right diameter

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I really want a Taurus HG model, if they are gonna make more Wing models.

Alternatively, a HG two-pack of Vayeate and Mercurius.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Building a Turtle tank.

2khebcf09z1p.jpg

Gundam approves. And yes the head retracts into the shell.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    the tallgeese's inner frame has multiple foil stickers in weird spots where I think they will never ever be seen buried deep under armor plates, I'm not sure what the point of these is

e: ah figured it out they are visible if you fully flex the leg

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I really want a Taurus HG model, if they are gonna make more Wing models.

Alternatively, a HG two-pack of Vayeate and Mercurius.

add the aries and virgo to that wishlist

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Whippy wrote: »
    I just finished watching 00 for the first time and oh no this just restocked and oh no I can’t afford it oh no it’s gonna go outta stock

posted this in the anime thread by accident but ughhhhh this was a p-bandai set and the only way to get a xn-raiser? but god maybe i should wait and see if they do an mg exia 2.0, since they're doing all four 00 season one suits in mg and the dynames and kyrios that came out recently look so good bluhhhhhhhhhhhhh i can't afford any of this! but i'm so depressed and everything in the world is very bad! i desire plastic baubles! trinkets!

• Options
    The HG XN Raiser was a magazine pack-in a few years ago.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Pretty sure XN-Raiser got a full release in the US as part of the anniversary of 00

I remember Barnes and Noble carrying them

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    OK, they are REALLY making up names now:
    https://youtu.be/3mLULlUkQoA

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/3mLULlUkQoA

ALL names are made up, "Corporal Carl"...

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    So I'm looking at the manual for my RG Sazabi, and I have a couple first-time questions

1. A lot of things are marked "Do not cut", does this just mean "don't cut the important part idiot" or do I need to actually remove them from the runners a different way?
    2. I see a lot of people fully building the endoskeleton first, despite the instructions going limb-by-limb like normal, is that just a better idea in general?

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It just means there is an important part that's easy to mistake for an extraneous bit or part of the runner and you need to be careful around it. You can still cut the part off the runner

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Do not cut means do not cut the important part off idiot. Building the inner frame first can be fun to do if you want to take a lot of pictures or examine the engineering but you will want to keep track of what you have done and sometimes you might need to partially deconstruct a limb cause an armor piece was supposed to go in between two inner frame pieces, it is not a faster build method but there a couple RG kits where the instructions have you build the inner frame and then add the armor around it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    yeah frame first then armor is wholly a preference thing, i do it because i can

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I think there's more to it than just preference. Some steps are more difficult or in some cases not possible with the skeleton assembled.

The assembly instructions are aimed at making it as easy as possible to build. Unless you want to make things harder, I'd just follow the instructions.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    ALL names are made up, "Corporal Carl"...
    Touché, Mr. Chris Hallet, born in 1983 :wink:

Well, the Carl is real, the Corporal is something I invented when Valkyria Chronicles came out on PS3 many years ago and I encountered this forums for the first time, and Carl was not allowed as user name, and I just gave me a rank :lol:

Anyhow, in celebration of PS4s release of Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Versus Maxi Boost On yesterday, I made a suit.
    Here is Little Acguy (with his Uncle Bearrguy) :
    2wnd1vdvocx4.jpg
    Next suit is possibly Papa Acguy :wink:

Apparently almost all the suits I have in gunpla form are 1500 points in the game, which means I get trashed a lot :lol:
    But I'm having fun!

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
This discussion has been closed.