Options

Justice of the [Chat]

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    okay this thing is in the oven: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/06/blackberry-thyme-galette-recipe.html

it's like a pie, but easier!

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    okay this thing is in the oven: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/06/blackberry-thyme-galette-recipe.html

thyme seems unnecessary
    complexity doesn't mean better serious eats!

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    With key Greek city-states in submission, Philip II turned to Sparta; he sent them a message: "If I win this war, you will be slaves forever." In another version, he warned: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city." According to both accounts, the Spartans' laconic reply was one word: "If." Philip II and Alexander both chose to leave Sparta alone.

I like this one
    Shortly after the battle of Issus, a messenger arrived, delivering a letter from king Darius, who offered a huge ransom for his mother, wife and children. Alexander refused. In the next months, there were several diplomatic exchanges, which culminated in Darius' offer of all countries west of the Euphrates to Alexander.

"I would accept it," said Parmenion after reading the proposal, "if I were Alexander."

"So would I," replied Alexander, "if I were Parmenion."

sig.gif
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

thyme seems unnecessary

Say that to their insanely complicated General Tsos recipe

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/04/the-best-general-tsos-chicken-food-lab-chinese-recipe.html

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »

thyme seems unnecessary

Say that to their insanely complicated General Tsos recipe

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/04/the-best-general-tsos-chicken-food-lab-chinese-recipe.html

That doesn't look terrible?

Like, I have everything to make that in my kitchen now

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I kinda wanna eat shrimp

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I kinda wanna eat shrimp

I love shramps

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    *glances at 3400 platinum in warframe account*

Clearly at some point I found a coupon.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Cuisine with the most unique ingredients is still Indian, IMO

• Options
    If you do any amount of Chinese style cooking at all, you'll have rice wine, rice vinegar, and roasted sesame oil in your store cupboard by default

I probably wouldn't bother with the vodka, admittedly, and I tend to use honey over sugar in marinades

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

I think this is mostly a function of the spices, and the fact that they seem to be grossly overpriced in a lot of places

The trick is finding a place that does the big bags cheap, as opposed to tiny jars for several $/£

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the weather ruined my plans to go outside and learn how to use my camera so i've just been sitting on the couch taking pics of my feet to get used to utilizing depth of field

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    the weather ruined my plans to go outside and learn how to use my camera so i've just been sitting on the couch taking pics of my feet to get used to utilizing depth of field

you tease

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Actual picture of Chanus at home

fz5eNIG.png

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Indian is overlapping flavors of spices. It is complicated because it is proportions and color. Not my best cuisine.

I find making Japanese can be decently difficult. But it is based subtle flavors.

I keep trying to learn Middle Eastern and North African food.

Also I keep getting distracted mid thought by the umbrella academy. It is pretty damn good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    japan wrote: »

I think this is mostly a function of the spices, and the fact that they seem to be grossly overpriced in a lot of places

The trick is finding a place that does the big bags cheap, as opposed to tiny jars for several $/£

It’s definitely the spices, but it seems like a lot (most? All?) of the recipes call for like fifteen things I don’t have, and if I did buy them they’re not going to apply to any other cooking you do.

• Options
    Though I was watching Padma’s episode on Persian/Iranian food and first of all I lived three blocks from all of those stores and second I missed an opportunity there and third there were a lot of unique ingredients in they cuisine too, but it kind of blends into Indian as well

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I kinda wanna eat shrimp

I love shramps

I never understood why you got so much flak for the shramp destruction.

In a large event where people would never know... I may or may not have murdered a shrimp tray single handedly.

Gimme those fancy trays that have horseradish, cocktail sauce and mustard aioli and a bunch of jumbo shrimps. That is my dinner, I’m cool.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I kinda wanna eat shrimp

I love shramps

did your insides stop exploding yet?

• Options
    I love cooking it’s so much fun to make new things

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    im in more of a shrimps scampi mood not a popcorn shrimp or shrimp cocktail mood

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Big shoes to FILL
    Big shoes to FILL
    Big shoes to FILL

• Options
    skippy im eating blackberry cream pie ice cream in honor of you

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

This is a dementor tree

Dementree

VishNub on
  • Options
    I kinda wanna eat shrimp

I love shramps

I’m typing this from the toilet

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

This is a dementor tree

Dementree

How...demented!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    That Spartan anecdote is somewhat less cool when you recall at the time Sparta had atrophied into a military backwater that wouldn't have threatened Macedonia anyway so Phillip basically didn't care.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

my crust split in a couple of places!

smells real good tho

50178271821_a7275fdc39_z.jpg

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    That Spartan anecdote is somewhat less cool when you recall at the time Sparta had atrophied into a military backwater that wouldn't have threatened Macedonia anyway so Phillip basically didn't care.
    Why the back down, then?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm rewatching Legion, cause I only ever saw the first season but I don't remember it that well. It's making a lot more sense the second go around since I know some things and damn it's still really good. Excited to see the new stuff too.

• Options
    I kinda wanna eat shrimp

I love shramps

What a time to be alive

• Options
    if you stare into the blackberry long enough the blackberry stares back

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I kinda wanna eat shrimp

I love shramps

Praying for you.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    I kinda wanna eat shrimp

I love shramps

Praying for you.

Bless you, dear

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Why the back down, then?

Not worth conquering

Just like the Kazon

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    The Pies must be stopped

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    The Pies must be stopped

no keep em comin

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Why the back down, then?

Not worth conquering

Just like the Kazon
    But why send those threats in the first place, then? Did he never have any intent to back them up?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Who was it that something along the lines of "They're just my opposition, my real enemy is the navy" regarding interservice rivalry

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    The Pies must be stopped

waffles is rooting for the pies

so every so often I just hear PIE OR DIE reverberate through our home

This discussion has been closed.