Options

Quesadillas of the 2020 Pandemic [chat]

Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nipsRegistered User regular
edited August 2020 in Debate and/or Discourse
I went back through my photos to find some children's pandemic art but instead I mostly found quesadillas that I made. Let's look at some highlights.

The american tourist:
7kotp8qi765y.jpg

The cheeseinator:
yaf7vly3ana7.jpg

Serrano ham and vegetable:
89dhmtaovggr.jpg

Skirt steak savior:
lex1det7xt6q.jpg

Aye papi - Papas con chorizo quesadilla
84xcgpdpzkqs.jpg

Bonus: Surf and Turf Lobster burger
zd3xhin48yk2.jpg

Children's pandemic art:
lkoqfyxh0i0i.jpg

pdfkv6xreyvm.jpg

we wou
we will get over this

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
Donkey Kong on

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    wat

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Masks are good and that they are now in fashion is one of the only good things about living in the future

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    kurmot the foog

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I’m so much prettier when half of my face is covered in mystery

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I saw two people yesterday wearing masks

one in a party of five tourists, who were getting in everybody's way and making it quite hard to pass them while keeping a distance, which seemed rather typical

another was a man alone inside his car. That guy left me pondering for a little while.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    hey donkey, do you take constructive criticism?

• Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Kermit looks fucked up.

You would too with his lifestyle and history. All that drinking. All those drugs....miracle he's still alive at this point. Him and Keith Richards.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I've ordered this mask. Well, "mask". I don't expect it to have any particular effectiveness for covid purposes, I just thought it looked awesome.

https://johnpicacio.com/store/the-calavera-mask/

2irba6wblr3j.png

• Options
    also, the police came up to me, all serious like.

Asked about a fight here, and got five full seconds of me blinking silently at them before I went "oh, well, if you mean on the other side of the street? Yeah, there was a fight. Uh, some fifteen twenty minutes ago. They all uh... left. A while ago."

and there was another pause from me while I composed several questions that I dropped asking. And dropped the sarcastic remark about response times, in favour of "bye" at the end.

the main question I didn't ask was, why are you here though, if you could only make it here fifteen minutes after there's not much point in showing up. If somebody had been left lying on the pavement after the fight one of us probably woulda called you about that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    What if the lasting impact of this is that it becomes stylish to wear masks all the time

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    What if the lasting impact of this is that it becomes stylish to wear masks all the time

then as one of the few countries where masks haven't been recommended, we will sink even further out of tune with the fashions of the world

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Also make it full face masks so I can go nuts with weird things.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I have gotten the worst acne of my life because of my stylish mask

I am now cursed to continue wearing it to hide the maskne....

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Ok I changed my mind the OP is now about quesadillas it just took a few minutes to assemble the images

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I've never had a quesadilla. I must rectify this.

Also I like the word rectify.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Edit: Oh wait, this is chat

• Options
    Ok I changed my mind the OP is now about quesadillas it just took a few minutes to assemble the images

this is unsensitive to those of us who didn't go shopping yesterday and thus have had nothing to eat but toast and scrambled eggs

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I've never had a quesadilla. I must rectify this.

Also I like the word rectify.

oh, yeah you need to fix that pronto. Quesadilla is the gateway mexican food for a reason!

• Options
    wrektify

(Shepard)

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Because I heard some blaseball talk in the last [chat], I would like to share my main reason why I'm not really excited for blaseball: who are the players, again?

Sure, it's fun to have players who are named Jojo McBoatface etc., but the blaseball site only describes players in terms of star ratings (at least, from what I've seen). Is Mx. McBoatface a tall power hitter who strikes out at unreasonable rates? Are they a speedy defensive wizard and base stealer? Are they a pitcher with a blow-it-by-you fastball and a wicked slider who has trouble when they get late into games? Are they an arrogant buffoon or quietly wholesome? Are they a young, hungry star on the rise or an old veteran still trying to make in the league or a player who is experiencing a resurgence after supposedly wasting their potential? Do they have a history of playing in the most cursed stadiums in the league? I'll accept that the truly weird shit in baseball - the best closer of all time basically having one pitch, Venditte the switch pitcher, the rise(/fad?) of relief pitchers who can hit/hitters who can pitch, the rise and fall and rise and fall of Ankiel, etc. - isn't going to happen in a simulation, even one as absurdist as blaseball is. But, to me, blaseball feels awfully incomplete as a spectator. I just can't relate to simple star ratings and perhaps a stat here or there. Even if there's only so few stories sports can tell, blaseball doesn't seem to cover the basics well.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    I'm on the case

odilla

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The shift to cheese filled food has moved my agree to an awesome.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    One of our recruiters is Mexican. She has already shown EchoCorp the proper way to make tostadas. I may consult her.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

One of my twitter follows collects obsolete military gear for airsoft, including gas masks, so they are having the time of their lives with this

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Because I heard some blaseball talk in the last [chat], I would like to share my main reason why I'm not really excited for blaseball: who are the players, again?

Sure, it's fun to have players who are named Jojo McBoatface etc., but the blaseball site only describes players in terms of star ratings (at least, from what I've seen). Is Mx. McBoatface a tall power hitter who strikes out at unreasonable rates? Are they a speedy defensive wizard and base stealer? Are they a pitcher with a blow-it-by-you fastball and a wicked slider who has trouble when they get late into games? Are they an arrogant buffoon or quietly wholesome? Are they a young, hungry star on the rise or an old veteran still trying to make in the league or a player who is experiencing a resurgence after supposedly wasting their potential? Do they have a history of playing in the most cursed stadiums in the league? I'll accept that the truly weird shit in baseball - the best closer of all time basically having one pitch, Venditte the switch pitcher, the rise(/fad?) of relief pitchers who can hit/hitters who can pitch, the rise and fall and rise and fall of Ankiel, etc. - isn't going to happen in a simulation, even one as absurdist as blaseball is. But, to me, blaseball feels awfully incomplete as a spectator. I just can't relate to simple star ratings and perhaps a stat here or there. Even if there's only so few stories sports can tell, blaseball doesn't seem to cover the basics well.

The players do have hidden stats that people have found. It's generally not talked about except in the #stats room. But we have seen some trends in their behavior. Like Teddy Cervantes in the Millennials is really good at catching players stealing bases.

We also create our own lore about each player so they have a history and personality. We put that stuff in the Wiki.

Sarksus on
  • Options

Kobold it is up to you to come up with the backstories for Baby Urlacher and Joshua Butt, and why Justice Spoon walks so many fucking people. That's what the community is there for.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    japan wrote: »

One of my twitter follows collects obsolete military gear for airsoft, including gas masks, so they are having the time of their lives with this

I started to itch where the gas mask seal went nine years ago at the mention of wearing gas masks all day

edit: part of that was probably a combination of not having washed it from the tear gas/pavlovian response to the memory of the tear gas attacking that strip of sweaty skin around the mask. But still.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Idly browsing auto trader thinking about how if the new normal doesn't involve commuting, maybe it's time to get a daft car

Like a v-power drinking monster barge

Or an unnecessarily large 4x4 with a roof tent

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I started to itch where the gas mask seal went nine years ago at the mention of wearing gas masks all day

Apparently the other issue is that if you're buying obsolete Eastern bloc CBRN gear there's a decent chance that the filters either are or contain asbestos

And some of them take modern filters but the question then becomes what you're going to do with this asbestos you just removed

• Options
    gas mask was always one of those things I thought it would be fun to just have lying around, and I never did bother looking for one, and now the one time I could have gone around looking like a twat but a socially responsible twat has come and it's kind of too late now

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I ha e bo pictures to add but will remark that chorizo, egg and cheese are superior breakfast quesadillas

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

The players do have hidden stats that people have found. It's generally not talked about except in the #stats room. But we have seen some trends in their behavior. Like Teddy Cervantes in the Millennials is really good at catching players stealing bases.

We also create our own lore about each player so they have a history and personality. We put that stuff in the Wiki.

is the only way to view the stats of players only on a discord server

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    The wiki is quite detailed actually: https://blaseball.fandom.com/wiki/Justice_Spoon

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

is the only way to view the stats of players only on a discord server

I think the stats (aside from star rating) are meant to be hidden, so that people suss them out from watching/discussion

Though who knows it could just be stuff that gets unlocked later, we're only in season 2

• Options
    gas mask was always one of those things I thought it would be fun to just have lying around, and I never did bother looking for one, and now the one time I could have gone around looking like a twat but a socially responsible twat has come and it's kind of too late now

For a long time I considered ordering an RZ Mask for airbrushing. Welp, should have thought of that before covid.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Anyone here play The War Frames?

• Options

Apparently the other issue is that if you're buying obsolete Eastern bloc CBRN gear there's a decent chance that the filters either are or contain asbestos

And some of them take modern filters but the question then becomes what you're going to do with this asbestos you just removed

put a sticker on it that you write ASBESTOS on and hand it over at the recycling station (or whatever they call the place you go to to throw out things that do not fit into a bin)

is at least the procedure here. Or, well, wrap it in heavy plastic first, but that's more for the eternitt sheets you got tearing down the old shed - and a filter is its own containment

is it hard to get rid of asbestos in the UK?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Idly browsing auto trader thinking about how if the new normal doesn't involve commuting, maybe it's time to get a daft car

Like a v-power drinking monster barge

Or an unnecessarily large 4x4 with a roof tent

Mazda bongo with integrated kitchen

• Options
    Anyone here play The War Frames?

I fired it up again this weekend to check out my free stuff for ignoring a Warframe stream for an hour.

This discussion has been closed.