As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I completely forgot the rising was today

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    zucchini wrote: »
    Titania is the best fight I've experienced thus far

laaaad

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Titania is the best fight I've experienced thus far

it owns

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    With The Rising starting today, we get another set of Tales From the Shadows. We start off with Small Mercies in which we learn the sad story behind one of Il Mheg's A Ranks.

Oof.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    note that that story also play heavily into the tank role quests

• Options
    Roegadyn
    also titania fucking rules for several reasons but especially for having the most unconventional boss music in the game

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    and if you get the fae gwiber you get to hear it whenever you want!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Titania also rules because of the story stuff that happens right after

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Polaritie wrote: »
    With The Rising starting today, we get another set of Tales From the Shadows. We start off with Small Mercies in which we learn the sad story behind one of Il Mheg's A Ranks.

Oof.

Right at the end I remembered the name.

Damn.

note that that story also play heavily into the tank role quests

Yep. Beq Lugg also has dialogue relating to these events if you did the Tank role quests before the Grand Cosmos.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Duq2FaH.jpg

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I definitely hope that the setting of SHB isn’t one and done because I would like a lot of the characters to be recurring

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Javen wrote: »
    I definitely hope that the setting of SHB isn’t one and done because I would like a lot of the characters to be recurring

It's going to be tricky, but they can definitely keep adding sidestories there down the line.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Au'ra
    Apparently attentive players could spot some Heavensward background NPCs during the Moonfire Faire. It looks like they finally got some vacation.

heei7gwn1kj51.jpg

• Options
    Lalafell
    Oh, is that why it’s called Bloodshore?

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    also what's your character name bucketman

Skragg Skraggington of course!

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    NSFWish cleavage

Well Then.

Good thing payday is tomorrow, got something to buy on the mogstation.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I wish there was an easier in-game way to preview model these outfits on characters, because as it is the only way to see how it looks on your specific character and not just someone with a similar character is to find someone wearing it and use Try On after inspecting them, or having someone link the items in a chat channel. The carriage was an easier buy because that's account-wide, but if I'm going for a dirndl, I'd prefer to know which alt it fits.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I like using https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com

Bunch of images of various races.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Voice recasting in Heavensward is mostly good, but I’ll miss a couple of the old ones (Merlwyb and midgardsormr) and a few of the new ones (alphinaud and urianger) make the characters seem like entirely different people

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    urianger basically is a different people because he is barely a people in ARR, he's just a trial quest dispenser

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Lalafell
    It legit took me to the end of Heavensward to get any sort of read on Urianger as a person.

And then it took me until Shadowbringers to get a good read on him.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    from what I've heard urianger was getting up to some wild shit in 1.0

but as far as the current version of ff14 is concerned, he doesn't do anything interesting until the tail end of heavensward/build-up to stormblood

and even then, he doesn't properly feel like a member of the team until shadowbringers

he's not the best character in 5.0, but he's definitely the established character who improved the most

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    He easily has the most improved outfit out of all the scions

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    He easily has the most improved outfit out of all the scions

Now if only he'd stop talking as if he's reciting poetry and maybe I'd actually like him. D;

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    I'm glad hot urianger is here to stay

• Options
    Roegadyn
    honestly his speaking patterns are the most fun thing about him, imo

his backstory is basically that he talks like that because he's the world's biggest nerd and he was raised by books

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    I found him super boring in ARR/HW, and his speech patterns were annoying

but then in late HW/SB/ShB he becomes way cooler and his speech patterns become endearing and often very funny or very astute.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    That feeling when you learn that the guy who did the bomb-ass track for the 5.3 trial and the guy who did Rules of Nature for Metal Gear Revengeance are the same person

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    There's a part when you reach the second half of Amh Araeng when traveling with the Scions and an NPC mistakes you for a different kind of adventuring party. Urianger has a great line if you talk to him after this.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    he also did the main 5.0 theme from the trailers and the last trial

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Viera
    I didn't know that! What was his name... Jamie Christopherson!
    In what capacity did he do them, like did he arrange them or compose or perform them? Did he co-write with Soken?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Coming in 5.35: Housing (Ultimate):
    This section will cover information regarding the addition of new housing plots, as announced in the recent topics.
    The travel restrictions introduced in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) currently prevent us from making any large-scale physical expansion to our servers, and so we are focusing on optimizing server processing in order to provide extra plots. Now that we have a clearer idea of the time frame and scale of these additions, we are pleased to announce the following details:

New housing plots are scheduled to be added in Patch 5.35
    Each residential district will be expanded with 6 wards (3 standard/3 subdivisions)
    Both free company estates and private estates will be immediately available for purchase
    The additions outlined above effectively mean that there will be 24 new wards in total (4 residential districts x 6 new wards).
    Previously when new plots have been added, the purchase of free company housing was given priority over private estates. This time, however, either type of estate will be immediately available for purchase without restriction.

It's the opening of Oklahoma, but with catboys and bunnygirls.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    In what capacity did he do them, like did he arrange them or compose or perform them? Did he co-write with Soken?

Mostly vocals I think.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    I need to farm up some gil so I can buy a house when new plots open out

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    Javen wrote: »

Mostly vocals I think.

ok so I hear it is the same vocalist from the MGR tracks, who is Jason Charles Miller, and Jamie Christopherson isn't involved.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Fffffffuck!

I just realized something that they did with the intro to Shadowbringers, and the end of the expansion’s main story in 5.3.
    The very first thing you see in Shadowbringers, with the title screen movie, is your battle with Elidibus, in Zenos’s body. And then, at the end of 5.3, we have one more fight with Elidibus. And the context we now have makes the lyrics of the main theme go much better with that first fight, even though we didn’t know at the time.

• Options
    Au'ra
    Started my way through Eureka this week, made it into Pyros last night. I can see why Pagos is the least liked - like it sure is good design having to skip a story cutscene because you can't be sure if watching it will mean the pack of mobs +5 levels over level cap they dumped all over the trigger point will be repositioned to stomp you the moment you get out of the cutscene.

Meanwhile Pyros generally looks like the tangible results of listening to player feedback from Pagos. More interesting zone mechanics, fighting +1 mobs isn't like pulling teeth, the Happy Bunnies aren't largely useless, and so far no "did this monster aggro me just before I jumped" roulette. Not to mention the 6th magicite which I effectively just bought off the market board the moment I unlocked Pyros because lol fuck RNG I've got Gil.

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    I’m heckin mad right now because I’m 4/5 through 79 and just wanna do MSQ but I’m here grinding command missions to get my second job up

• Options
    Roegadyn
    I’m heckin mad right now because I’m 4/5 through 79 and just wanna do MSQ but I’m here grinding command missions to get my second job up

why?

This discussion has been closed.