As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trailers: A Brief History

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Kitty who? Red who?

That 70's show.

Thanks, I didn’t pay 100% attention to the trailer and now I get it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    It is a perfect bit of meta-casting if you consider the kinds of TV that Wanda would have had when growing up.

Edit: If it is all in her mind, I hope we get to see Pietro come back at some point.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    wanda grew up in a nazi science lab/war torn sokovia, i don't think there was much time for TV

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Who is to say it's in her mind?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Who is to say it's in her mind?

Yeah, there's a bit 'round 1:05 mark where it looks like someone gets super punched out of some sort of force field. I think what's going is some kind of Truman Show situation instead.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    What if it's all in Vision's mind?

What if he got backed up during Infinity War and this is all going on inside an SSD on a shelf in Wakanda?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Could be a Truman show where Wanda is the protagonist and producer at the same time, too.

• Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    It's some black mirror shit where she found a fragment of a backup of a defrag of a node of Vision's AI architecture in some of Tony Stark's old shit.

So she magic's it up with some Wakanda nanotech assistance or Bruce Banner, and uses her powers to help support a weird Truman Show architecture that slowly kills her but keeps a weird AI AR version of Vision alive.

It's Marvel Black Mirror let's go.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    what part of 'she's a wizard that can change reality' do you guys not get?

• Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    It's Marvel. they need to get some of the crew to make cameos!

Also having a strong space wizard woman will probably make nerds angry.

Do nerds hate Wanda like they hate Captain Marvel?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

In the movies, all she's ever really done is throw things around and mind stuff.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

In the movies, all she's ever really done is throw things around and mind stuff.

Yeah, the comic version is the one that can actually change reality, but that's also the version where insane power creep is the norm, every mutant now has secondary mutations, and every other mutant is omega-level. That Wanda also has actual magic worked into her mutant power.

Thankfully, we aren't dealing with a setting where half the super-powered population can alter reality if they get mad enough.

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular

And in the comic's she's a top tier powerhouse that can change reality for the whole planet.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    So, the Croods are getting a Sequel?

I know! I forgot that was a movie as well.

https://youtu.be/wBcBzJ_oofs

• Options
    edited September 2020
    So, the Croods are getting a Sequel?

I know! I forgot that was a movie as well.

and a TV show that's on it's fourth season... somehow.

DanHibiki on
  • Options

She leveled up!

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I thought Croods 2 I was cancelled, but then I guess when you need something completely bland and generic in CG for wordlwide markets, you can't beat it.

Seriously fam that was the most by-the-book nothing trailer, I'll give Minions 2 credit for at least being in the 70's and having some artstyle.

At least it gives Nic Cage money to pay alimony and avoid doing one of his direct to streaming cheapo movies.

• Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    I liked the Croods!

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I like the idea of Wanda going crazy.

I'd like the idea more if it somehow led into phase 5 and the
    no more mutants storyline

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    southwick wrote: »
    I liked the Croods!

It's hokey and frequently generic, but honestly? I solidly enjoyed it. I particularly like that they just kinda go "fuck the fossil record" and give us shit like land whales and piranha birds and punch monkeys.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Yeah, the comic version is the one that can actually change reality, but that's also the version where insane power creep is the norm, every mutant now has secondary mutations, and every other mutant is omega-level. That Wanda also has actual magic worked into her mutant power.

Thankfully, we aren't dealing with a setting where half the super-powered population can alter reality if they get mad enough.

The movie version single-handedly made Thanos resort to carpet bombing to not get ripped apart.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Danvers vs Thanos doesn't go well for Thanos until he hits a tipping point where he has enough/the right gems to win

Scarlet Witch post Vision being killed vs Thanos is a Nice Pete basketball game unless he has the full gauntlet

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

But we only just got access to mutants! :(

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

The movie version single-handedly made Thanos resort to carpet bombing to not get ripped apart.
    RedTide wrote: »
    Danvers vs Thanos doesn't go well for Thanos until he hits a tipping point where he has enough/the right gems to win

Scarlet Witch post Vision being killed vs Thanos is a Nice Pete basketball game unless he has the full gauntlet

Yeah but not by "changing reality" or magic or anything

Just by "throwing stuff around with her mind" really hard

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MCU Wanda is (thankfully) definitely not equivalent to reality-devastating Wanda from the comics. Comics Wanda was basically her own Infinity Gauntlet, MCU Wanda is on the upper end of the scale but still within certain limits.

I'm very much doubting the WandaVision stuff is because she did something to reality. My bet is it has something to do with Vision's connection to the stone that used to power him plus Wanda doing something to try and get him back.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    MCU Wanda has the power of Red CGI. That Red CGI does whatever the writer needs it to do.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Maybe she mumbles and the magic gods don't hear the "no" and instead we just get "more mutants" then all of the x-men are in the MCU.

You have to annunciate!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Maybe she mumbles and the magic gods don't hear the "no" and instead we just get "more mutants" then all of the x-men are in the MCU.

You have to annunciate!

No, More Mutants!

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

She leveled up!

There was some talk she is going to be in the next dr strange movie or somehow associated with dr strange. Presumably he teaches her how to actually focus what she does instead of just raw power manipulation she has been doing.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

She leveled up!

There was some talk she is going to be in the next dr strange movie or somehow associated with dr strange. Presumably he teaches her how to actually focus what she does instead of just raw power manipulation she has been doing.

yeah I am really looking forward to the Wizard Vs Sorcerer comparison

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

You have to annunciate!

No, More Mutants!

Reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kasSSZlBFDs

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    kaid wrote: »

She leveled up!

yeah I am really looking forward to the Wizard Vs Sorcerer comparison

The logical next step is to add Adam Warlock, and see if you can get right to Rogue and Doctor Druid and... is there a Cleric or Ranger character? cuz we got ourselves a full party going.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    You are contractually obligated to take Wolverine

He is a Monk

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I suspect they’ll reverse house of M and somehow cause Wanda to bring mutants into the MCU

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I strongly doubt they would do something as world-changing as introducing mutants through a Disney+ show. If only because it robs them of a major milestone they can use to hype a blockbuster, billion-dollar film.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I strongly doubt they would do something as world-changing as introducing mutants through a Disney+ show. If only because it robs them of a major milestone they can use to hype a blockbuster, billion-dollar film.

They did it with inhumans, though that has not yet reached mainstream yet, just the TV side.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

They did it with inhumans, though that has not yet reached mainstream yet, just the TV side.

judging by it's ratings i'd say it hasn't reached mainstream TV yet either.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I was under the impression that Inhumans got replaced by Eternals because the TV side fucked up so bad

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    The Inhumans aren't really mutants anyway, they're born powerless and huff space farts to get abilities. No X gene there.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Wanda is going to be in the next Doctor Strange movie, the Multiverse of Madness. Also that show ties into the film.

If they were going to use Wanda to bring Mutants to the MCU, that’s the place they’ll do it, though there might be some set up in WandaVision.

This discussion has been closed.