As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trailers: A Brief History

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    theaters still too dangerous
    i'll just wait for holland to tell us about the ending a week before release

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    thicc russell crowe road rage is something I didnt know i wanted until now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdxDXoODKN8

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    southwick wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I will watch anything Pattinson is in at this point, this looks awesome.

I love how people were panicked that, He's Batman!!!??

Fucking wait for him to dominate in "Tenet" ala JGL in "Inception".

He will do FINE as Batman.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I feel like Pattinson is getting too much benefit of the doubt

Like people assume he’s going to be like heath ledger and the joker

And people just assume he’ll get a Nolan success

But those things haven’t happened yet. He’s still just twilight until he isn’t

616610-1.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    He managed to go toe to toe with Dafoe (and in some cases, outdoes him) in The Lighthouse. I no longer doubt Team Edward's chops.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

Pattinson's been excellent in quite a few movies since Twilight, and he's actively pursued interesting films rather than easy paychecks. He won me over a while ago.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    thicc russell crowe road rage is something I didnt know i wanted until now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdxDXoODKN8

Just looks like normal Sydney traffic.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVyGCxHZ_Ko

Cosmopolis, The Rover, Maps to the Stars, High Life, Good Time, The Lighthouse.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

Pattinson's been excellent in quite a few movies since Twilight, and he's actively pursued interesting films rather than easy paychecks. He won me over a while ago.

He is a lot better actor than twilight would indicate. Hell look at the light house it was two guys in a room acting the hell out of the weirdest story ever. If he can manage that he can do batman.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

I like the continuing Murderverse, but that seems set for a biggest name on the project is the killer twist.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    Ketar wrote: »

He is a lot better actor than twilight would indicate. Hell look at the light house it was two guys in a room acting the hell out of the weirdest story ever. If he can manage that he can do batman.

yeah you can't hold money projects against a guy like Pattinson. Twilight established him but he didn't just stop there, he's done a lot of other stuff and stretched himself as an actor.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Plus, Twilight afforded that boy a real set of teeth.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Gotham Knights - the spiritual sequel to the Batman Arkham games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhVf_3TeTQE

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Not feeling the neon color and glow on that logo. Sets a mood at odds with the series thus far. Finicky minor gripe, I know.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    It's a new continuity if that helps

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I straight up ignored Arkham Knight because of the stupid car puzzles, so as long as that's gone, and they rightfully put Dick and Babs together instead of vomit inducing Babs and Tim, we should have a fun time.

But I guess it's now time for everything outside of the comics to inundated with Court of Owls crap. It's fine the first time, guys, and then it gets run into the ground faster than Wolverine on every team and having 4 solo titles.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Pepper needs new shorts!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I'm a little bummed that they didn't bring Jim Carrey back, but other than that it looks okay.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Not awful. Doesn't intrigue me either, though. Pattinson looks the part just fine, as expected. Leaves me completely room temperature over all.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I think it looks really good. I'm stoked for a more menacing Riddler, early audio of Pattinson's Batman voice is so so much better than Bale's, is that fucking Colin Farrel as the penguin? That makeup/CGI is crazy looking.

• Options
    I'm interested just have to see where they go with it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Yea, I'm totally on board. Really dig the look.
    And yea, great voice.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    My fave Riddler is Arkham City Riddler. Both pathetic and dangerous at the same time.

Nobeard on
  • Options
    Nobeard wrote: »
    My fave Riddler is Arkham City Riddler. Both pathetic and dangerous at the same time.

I'll always like most of the TAS villains more than their movie equivs, but game Riddler was pretty solid.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Something in the Way is a great song, but it's about Kurt Cobain's experience being homeless, not really sure what that has to do with Batman?

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    Something in the Way is a great song, but it's about Kurt Cobain's experience being homeless, not really sure what that has to do with Batman?

Truly if there is a character that can feel homeless while owning like twenty homes, its batman.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I'll always like most of the TAS villains more than their movie equivs, but game Riddler was pretty solid.

TAS is by far my favourite Riddler.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

TAS is by far my favourite Riddler.

They took a lot of villains that used to be just science villains like Mr Freeze or Clayface and gave them real depth.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular

Truly if there is a character that can feel homeless while owning like twenty homes, its batman.

Maybe they're trying to say that Gotham is as shitty as living under a bridge in Aberdeen? I have no idea.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020

This gave me a Lost In Translation vibe, and of course, it's Sofia Coppola. :lol:
    Bogart wrote: »

I love that album. (Great use of DM, too)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

In the comics, Joker has stolen all of his money.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a

These devs made arkham origins, the third game in a set of 4 games, in which the 4th game, that was made by the original team, was marketed as 'the third game in the trilogy' and is still referenced as that in media now.

Hearing the phrase "battles scales with you at level 5 or 15!" and then "the battle changes with your level!" within the same 2-3 sentences of the gameplay walkthrough is not promising.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Kristin Wiig and Pete Davidson are both starring as villains in DC movies.

I like this.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Enola Holmes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d0Zf9sXlHk

I thought it was a mini series but it's a movie. It looks like it actually has money for being a Netflix film and looks decent enough, although they lean a bit too much into rebel girl cliche. That's right, a girl wants to play football!

(The bad guy is probably Mycroft Holmes.)

• Options
    I mean really Henry Cavil as Sherlock Holmes that's all you have to say.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I mean really Henry Cavil as Sherlock Holmes that's all you have to say.

I'm here for it.

This discussion has been closed.