As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Damn. I wanted to grind out some story chapters.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Gabranth is locked and loaded!

I got everything including Vaans LD in only 3 pulls, but I did 10 to replenish my power stone stock.

So happy he’s here. Can’t wait to give him a go.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    PSA: the refined Wakka sphere (Buff Attack Boost All 5 RF, party +2% ATK and Max BRV) is almost as powerful as a standard full-strength D sphere (party +5% one stat), if you can consistently meet the activation condition of having 5 buffs on the sphere holder. I'm going to farm up a bunch of these, I think.

Also, the refined Gabranth sphere (Critical Resist All Short, party -4% received BRV damage) is about as good as you can do for a defensive B sphere, outside of the full-strength Gabranth sphere. I'll probably be picking up a few of these, as well. There are a variety of options for offensive B spheres, but surprisingly few options for defensive B spheres (which is odd since B is ostensibly the "tanking/defensive" sphere type).

edit: Hmm, Wakka sphere does have that pesky "does not stack with same sphere" text, so maybe don't go too nuts with them.

Fry on
  • Options
    Ok got a full kit for Balthier, Gabranth and Vaan (sans BT). I still need a bunch of Power Stones to fully MLB all of these pieces tho. I wonder if I should keep at it or go for the Wakka/Lenna Banner.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    My rule of "never draw for power stones" is still serving me well, but you do you

• Options
    Yeah, but I dont have enough to fully cap any character right now so might as well fish for more dupes to at least get Vaan up to speed. I still don't have enough characters/resources to clear Dimension's End and I do like the characters here lol. Still, I think I'll just pull enough to get a book from the Token shop.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Good news, everyone! The battle you have to clear to access the challenge quests for Act 2, Chapter 10, has a multiplayer option!

If I can clear it with my Ultimecia, an Arciela, and a Galuf that disconnected halfway through, you can do it too!

411Randle on
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    The most important thing in this update was they finally fixed Thancred's EX visual glitch, wow.

(He wields a matched pair of daggers, but his cool looking EX weapon in his right hand differed from the little spork thing he held in his left. Finally fixed it to a matching pair.)

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    PSA: the refined Wakka sphere (Buff Attack Boost All 5 RF, party +2% ATK and Max BRV) is almost as powerful as a standard full-strength D sphere (party +5% one stat), if you can consistently meet the activation condition of having 5 buffs on the sphere holder. I'm going to farm up a bunch of these, I think.

Also, the refined Gabranth sphere (Critical Resist All Short, party -4% received BRV damage) is about as good as you can do for a defensive B sphere, outside of the full-strength Gabranth sphere. I'll probably be picking up a few of these, as well. There are a variety of options for offensive B spheres, but surprisingly few options for defensive B spheres (which is odd since B is ostensibly the "tanking/defensive" sphere type).

edit: Hmm, Wakka sphere does have that pesky "does not stack with same sphere" text, so maybe don't go too nuts with them.

did some more rooting around in the database, to see what refined spheres jump out as being especially interesting. Here are a few that are the most interesting to me, by which color of shards they will require:

Green
    A Sephiroth +4% ATK and +4% Max BRV (HP at least 50% at final wave), doesn't stack

Black
    A Kain +6% ranged attack for 6 turns (break/attack broken), doesn't stack
    A Machina +4% ATK and +4% Int BRV for 3 turns (break/attack broken)
    E Kefka +6% magic ATK for 6 turns (debuff), doesn't stack

Yellow
    A Ardyn +4% ATK and +4% Max BRV (deal two breaks), doesn't stack
    A Lightning +4% ATK and +4% Int BRV (deal two breaks), doesn't stack
    A Raijin +6% physical attack for 6 turns (break/attack broken), doesn't stack
    E Irvine +6% ranged ATK for 6 turns (debuff), doesn't stack

Red
    E Yuffie +4% ATK and +4% Max BRV for 3 turns (debuff)
    A Alisaie +6% magic attack for 6 turns (crit), doesn't stack
    A Papalymo +6% magic attack for 6 turns (break/attack broken), doesn't stack
    A Jecht +4% ATK and +4% Int BRV for 3 turns (crit)

Blue
    ehhh

White
    E Seymour +6% ATK (deal two debuffs), doesn't stack

The refined Ardyn sphere is notable for being a sizeable buff to multiple relevant stats that is easy to turn on. It's sphere type A which means gobs of people can use it. I think that sphere will be released next chapter (at the end of September), so I'm going to pile up a bunch of yellow crystals so I can get a bunch of them and start filling in sphere slots for folks I use.

• Options
    I've been meaning to do some research on spheres, thanks for that!

Story bit I enjoyed
    Everyone: eek, Ardyn torsion is making me sad and sucking me in

Vaan: Eat Pyroclasm, torsion!

• Options
    Tried some of the new Abyss stuff, is it just me or is there no way the boss fights are actually 180? Did they adjust the difficulty due to the restrictions or something?

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    The Abyss Perfectum stages are definitely not as hard as recent CHAOS stages. I went through Strata 1 this weekend and did not have much difficulty setting up teams to Perfect them all. For those who have not started yet, keep in mind you will need to field three teams for two different conditions on the first Strata (Red, Black, Sword / White, Blue, Dagger). I haven't started the second Strata yet.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    grah, what's the next Vaan LD banner? edit: aka I didn't notice I rant out of Power Stones but I've already maxed out Gabranth and Balthier.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    AFAIK Vaan LD has not been rerun in JP up to this point. LD reruns are rare.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    ARGH. I don't want to pull again on these banners. Shhh...agh. Just have to be patient and get a bunch of dupes later on.

• Options
    Has anyone else been having connection issues? I know we had the SqEx bridge issue last week, and maybe some of the Cloudflare outage might have caused problems over the weekend...but I'm still getting agonizingly slow connecting times.

I did a bunch more tickets than originally planned but snagged Machina's LD. Only outstanding thing is Vaan's BT, oh well. No point of burning too many resources with Noctis right around the corner.

• Options
    I still have NO BTs but I'm not sweating it as long as I get the LD's. Bad thing is I got Machina's LD, but don't have his EX. Time to grind!

Also the only Abyss 1st strata I have a problem with is the 185 battle, but that was a score thing that I can probably fix. Locke is pretty sweet and solves two of the requirements, though.

• Options
    Okay RNGesus, I promise not to complain anymore

cjcrts30zftk.png

Even the ball the draw came out of looked awesome

• Options
    Having now played through the first stratum of Abyss Perfectum, I'd say the difficulty of the boss fights is maybe a little lower than the typical event's Chaos fight. You don't get a friend unit, there are team building restrictions in place, and character lockouts for the sub bosses, but each individual fight is a bit less hair pulling than the other top difficulty content. I found myself dumping skill uses recklessly near the ends, still having a few skills left over, and well over the score requirements.

• Options
    Finally managed to squeeze out the Across the Skies Challenge. Yo, Avengers suck and I never want to fight them again. Having a whole challenge that basically neuters the boosted characters is also pretty dumb.

Abyss Perfectum stratum 2 was a bit more challenging than the first. There were a few stages that required a bit more strategy, but still not super bad I guess. On to stage 3.

I think tomorrow is Ultimate Odin, yeah? Noctis LD/BT time. I think I'll want to pity, though I'm wondering if I should just go all out on one of these banners, or just try for LD and wait until the Basch LC or Nine event to really go for the BT.....

• Options
    Noctis LD BT releasing in two hours. Servers probably going to melt - he's really good.

• Options
    good luck to you all!

• Options
    All righty, pity time

Gem Pull 1: Noctis LD, Noctis BT

Good night folks, tip your waiter!

• Options
    lol good for you man. I had to pity his LD but got his BT early.

• Options
    Fran 15 and 35. That's about right.

I lied before, I'm going to complain.

• Options
    Wow, Noctis is silly. Odin Chaos did not get to Zantetsuken even once, with a team of Noct, Sazh, Gabranth, friend Ami.

• Options
    Pairing Keiss with Noctis takes the silliness to an entirely different level. I love it.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    350 tickets, 80K gems, no Noctis Burst. Discouraging.

• Options
    I spent 130 tickets and 40k ish gems..I didn't even get a SINGLE Noctis drop. Not his 15. Not his 35. No Ex. No LD. Nothing.

Ok game. I get the message.

• Options
    OK, now I see why people are complaining about the Odin Chaos/Challenge fight. It is dumb.

If you have Noctis LD, reddit reports that you can potentially cheese the fight: use up all of Noctis' LD (and BT, if you have it) before the first Zantetsuken, and go hard with your other characters. Hopefully this gets Odin below half. If it does, let the first Zantetsuken kill everyone, then spend 100 gems to revive. The insta-kill doesn't count as HP loss, so you won't fail that condition, and there isn't a "no KOs" condition, so you can actually perfect the challenge this way. (The reason you're doing this before the first Zantetsuken is that all of the subsequent ones come with Mounted Unity, and you don't want to have to deal with that shit if you can avoid it)

• Options
    Oh wow, I wish I'd known about that. I mean, it's dumb and cheesy, but I'm not too proud to do that.

• Options
    Man I loooooooooooooove Noctis. Ran Ami+Sazh+Noct and the boss never got a turn lol.

• Options
    I really need to max out Sazh because he seems necessary for Chaos bosses. On the bright side, Noctic BT get!

• Options
    I have a dupe Noct BT... I should probably sell it since I already maxed him out... But it's a BT!

• Options
    I have a dupe Noct BT... I should probably sell it since I already maxed him out... But it's a BT!

The cap on BT tokens is 50, and it takes 50 BT tokens to exchange for a new BT weapon of your choice. If you start getting close to 50 tokens, you may want to hang on to any duplicate weapons until you're ready to make your selection, just so you don't have to fret about tokens in your mailbox expiring. That's probably a long way off for most folks, though.
    411Randle wrote: »
    I really need to max out Sazh because he seems necessary for Chaos bosses. On the bright side, Noctic BT get!

He's not strictly necessary for any content - there are a lot of characters that can pull their weight and get things done at the Chaos level. He is a pretty good buffer+attacker hybrid that can make a lot of other folks shine, though, so if you are consistently having trouble with Chaos fights with a limited roster, you could do worse than maxing him out.

• Options
    Almost caught up again, did the Odin Challenge the cheese way (full blast with Noct, Pecil and Fran, died at the first Zantetsuken, then gem revived and finished him off), got the Basch Challenge without having to ingot him (though for reals, nothing like having a damage sponge like Basch around, I might have to ingot him anyway), cleared most of 3rd strata of Perfectum and smacked right into the bullshit that is the last stage. Gonna have to think on team comp for that one.

Did about 50ish tickets and a pull for Basch LD for no joy, though I did snag, uhh, 2 extra Noctis BTs. Wow. When good luck turns out to be bad luck i suppose. (At least they are good for BT tokens)

• Options
    I screwed up doing Odin Chaos so I have to do that again, but I managed to finish Basch LC and Challenge with the team of Vaan, Noctis, and Serah. Progress!

• Options
    Finally got Basch's LD. Had to pity it after spending 250 tickets too. I'm totally spent and not sure it was worth it but whatever. I feel better.

• Options
    New chapter and the start of free pulls. Good luck all!

My free pull snagged Maria EX. Did a few more pulls and got Ardyn Ex, 2 LDs, and a handful of powerstones.

I'm probably going to try for Ardyn's BT, but not sure if I should wait to do it on a other banner. Plenty of content to chew through for now, I'll decide later.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Hmm. Full cleared two summon boards and saved a lot to pull Ardyn's full kit.

Got everything including BT in exactly 250 tickets. I am super hype but also man that's a ton of grinding I did that I ended up not needing to do.

So uh, up side still massive stockpile for the next bt I want.

Also on previous banners I ended up getting the full kit of Machina, Basch and Nine all with tickets.

LD era is being real nice to me y'all. Now to figure out who I want to save for next I guess.

steam_sig.png