As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] EoS. officially lost.

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Sparks!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    They finally added sparking. About damn time.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Well now I sit for a couples days and wait for DPS sims overhaul. Waaay too many new changes at once to even really fully grasp whats a good Wyrmprint now or not. Its nice that they figured out a way to value the 4star prints again though!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Link to full change log including individual adventurer changes. A ton of buffs here, with the only nerf being to Vice. Apparently their changes would have made him even more broken than he already was so... hah.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I have no idea on the Wyrmprints now. Just gonna mess around a bit.

And the fifth unlock on Agito weapons requires materials from the master fights.

Edit: Oh, they've split the difficulty on a bunch of end level content for solo vs. co-op. Solo High Dragon trials and Agito are easier now.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    Still cant solo Agitos. No one wants to CoOp with me in Agitos. Still in that WONDERFUL catch22 of this games endgame

• Options
    *slaps on all Skill Damage wyrmprints to weapon for Veronica*

I have no idea what I'm doing!

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Oh. Weapon abilities apply to every weapon in that class. I just unlocked the High Jupiter bane for all the weapons on my shadow team and was able to easily auto Solo Master High Jupiter.

• Options
    So me unlocking High Midgard Bane on my fire void dagger means its now a passive no matter which Dagger is equipped?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Reigner wrote: »
    So me unlocking High Midgard Bane on my fire void dagger means its now a passive no matter which Dagger is equipped?

i think so?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    There are two universal buff systems in play with the new weapon system (you can see what you've unlocked via buttons that are accessible when you've picked a weapon category):
    1) Weapon Bonuses: these give you a .5% hp/str buff that applies to all weapons of that type for each bonus you unlock. You need to unbind the weapon 4 times before you can unlock it. The base elemental, void, and chimera weapons have them for sure and I bet high dragon and agito have them too.
    2) Weapon Abilities: each void weapon (maybe others?) has 8 or so buffs that counter void boss buffs that when unlocked apply to any weapon of that type and element. You can't unlock all of them until you've unbound the weapon 6 times.

I tried out the battle royale and while it's interesting, I'm not sure it has lasting appeal. The game's latency is too high to make twitch-based pvp work all that well. There were a couple of times where I was stun locked from 100 to 0 thanks to latency making me vulnerable sooner on their side after I got knocked down than on my side, so my attempts to dodge or dragon were blocked. The reward curve is too tiny, where winning gets you 15 currency and last place gets you 10, so it's faster to earn currency by going through as many matches as fast as you can. This means every match I played started with people emoting their wish to die quickly while standing in a poison puddle. Hopefully they tweak it the next time it comes around.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Reigner wrote: »

Yes. The weapon bonus - the 0.5% you get if you unlock the weapon completely also stacks.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    This weapon system is so much easier to see at a glance which weapons I can work on. No more giant inventory to sift through

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I should roll on this banner. I really only care about getting Gala Alex, and I only have 14k wyrmite. I forget how much a 10 roll is but I don't think that I have enough to get one of those whatchamacallits to grab Alex directly.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    You need to do 300 summons at 120 per summon, meaning 36000 wyrmite or diamantium if you have no vouchers, to get enough to pick someone. Also the Gala units aren't rate boosted, they have the same chance as all the rest, so I wouldn't rely on random pulls to get you one let alone a specific one.

With the weapons I've been focusing on unlocking the Void weapon buffs, because that'll make it so I can auto the higher tier of Void Dragons and Chimeras as well as make it possible for me to solo High Dragon fights.

My main complaint about the system as I was learning how it worked was that you can't see a weapon's upgrades before you craft it, but once I realized all of the Void weapons held the old buffs, that stopped mattering. The one thing I'm wondering about now is if the Monster Hunter bonus weapons showed up in Other Weapons for anyone else, since they didn't for me. I'm pretty sure I dismantled them since I wasn't going to use them for anything but skins (if that) but if doing that cost me the ability to have them show up as physical weapons in this new system I'm gonna be a little bit salty.

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    That reminds me that I haven't seen the monster hunter weapons either, just the mega man ones.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Up Job wrote: »
    That reminds me that I haven't seen the monster hunter weapons either, just the mega man ones.

The Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem weapons are skins now.

Yeah, the skills went away. :/

Edit: no idea why the Mega Man weapons stuck around.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    If they're skins, that's fine. As I mentioned there's no easy way to look through all the weapons and see what you can unlock on them, so asking was the easiest way to figure out if they were still around or not.

My two guesses as to why the Mega Man weapons stuck around is 1) they didn't want them to be skins and/or 2) they're neutral weapons while the other event weapons were elemental (fire and light)

Opty on
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I should roll on this banner. I really only care about getting Gala Alex, and I only have 14k wyrmite. I forget how much a 10 roll is but I don't think that I have enough to get one of those whatchamacallits to grab Alex directly.

There's no rate-up on this banner so I would not roll outside the free one. Wait for Gala Zena and see what you can pick up there if you want to go the sparking route.

You need either 18,000 Diamantite or 36,000 Wyrmite (or ticket equivalent) to get 300 sparks for pity.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

There's no rate-up on this banner so I would not roll outside the free one. Wait for Gala Zena and see what you can pick up there if you want to go the sparking route.

You need either 18,000 Diamantite or 36,000 Wyrmite (or ticket equivalent) to get 300 sparks for pity.

Yeah, looks like I shouldn't roll here. I may consider blowing my stash on Gala Zena even I won't have enough to gurantee her since she may be neat. Otherwise I guess maybe I should get back on the horse to collect my daily wyrmite and to try to prepare for whenever Gala Alex gets a Gala re-run.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    The Mega Man weapons changed the user’s force strikes, right? So they’re probably not a skin because they actually have an effect.

• Options

Yeah, looks like I shouldn't roll here. I may consider blowing my stash on Gala Zena even I won't have enough to gurantee her since she may be neat. Otherwise I guess maybe I should get back on the horse to collect my daily wyrmite and to try to prepare for whenever Gala Alex gets a Gala re-run.

I would just do the daily draws on Gala Zena and wait to see what the next banner is. There's a chance it's Ilia, and that might be a Manacaster unit. Which should also maybe possibly be another gala?

Either way, you've got days of free pulls so don't feel like you need to rush.

• Options
    Russad wrote: »
    The Mega Man weapons changed the user’s force strikes, right? So they’re probably not a skin because they actually have an effect.

The Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter weapons had special skills though, too. Falchion cast a heal every time you used your S1, and Fólkvangr was a 50%HP = 15% str buff, while the MH weapons gave buffs to damage against the MH bosses. Not a huge deal, but they were definitely there.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I would just do the daily draws on Gala Zena and wait to see what the next banner is. There's a chance it's Ilia, and that might be a Manacaster unit. Which should also maybe possibly be another gala?

Either way, you've got days of free pulls so don't feel like you need to rush.

Yeah I need to remember what happened during MH Collab. Spent everything to get Berseker only to get him again 2days later on freebies and then had nothing left for Dreadking Ratholos

• Options
    I got a Thor dragon. Apparently he's one of the Gala exclusives, not sure how good he actually is though since I have spent a loooong time knowing Light as the weakest of all elements and it's gonna take a bit to adjust that in light of the balance changes.

• Options
    I got a Thor dragon. Apparently he's one of the Gala exclusives, not sure how good he actually is though since I have spent a loooong time knowing Light as the weakest of all elements and it's gonna take a bit to adjust that in light of the balance changes.

Thor is great! Congrats!

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Solo-mode HDTs are dramatically nerfed compared to pre-patch co-op HDTs. I'm now autoing fights that I couldn't clear manually before the patch. (I'm sure it helps that the void weapon +30% HDT damage bonus now applies to any weapon.)

• Options
    The only master one I can solo is Jupiter, but I'm betting that's team makeup more than anything.

• Options
    I haven't tried any of the solo masters but I was able to soft auto eHMS just hitting dragon so I wouldn't be surprised

• Options
    I tried to upgrade my weapons but I'm apparently lacking ten billion crimson cores

• Options
    ok yeah I was able to do mHMS fairly easy on solo after giving 3 weapons HMS bane

• Options
    I've been a bit confused on what I should be doing to progress. I had started making progress on creating Chimeratech weapons, although none of them are MUB'd. I'm mostly lacking in MUB dragons with the exception of the panda since RNG smiled on me with him.

I can usually partake in the "Nightmare" difficulty stuff but I think that the "Omega" difficulty from the events are beyond me. I'm not quite sure what I should do next. I'm sure part of it is "go back in a time machine and complete those facility events that you missed" but I'm also sure that isn't all of it. There seems to be a billion different dojos and altars and shrines and junk that needs to be all upgraded too. Just a drag with all that castle clutter.

Collecting these dragon essences seems like it should be one goal to get some of my dragons to MUB tier. I think weapons are the next thing that I should be working on but I'm not sure what to do about that. I recall someone telling me that the high dragon trials has mostly been obsoleted by newer content, and that the original set of 5* weapons that we could create had been obsoleted as well. Am I supposed to jump into those Agito battles? What benchmark should I be aiming for to both compete in that content and not get eschewed by snobs that want to be overleveled for the content?

What am I actually supposed to spend my damascus bars on? I know it's not the chimeratech weapons.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    You still need High Dragon stuff to do Mana Spirals. I'm not a top-tier pro so this could be completely wrong, but what I've been doing is:
    1) Pick a DPS character that you like playing who has a Mana Spiral and an ability that makes them immune to the debuff used by the High Dragon they're strong against as your "project" to focus on. There's lists of meta characters out there, but at the Standard level you'll be at, your Might matters more than your character choice when it comes to people being rude in lobbies towards you.
    2) Do the Void Battles you need to do to a) get a Chimeratech weapon for them and then b) unbind their Void weapon to level 6 and unlock the High Dragon Bane Buff.
    3) You'll need to continue doing Chimera stuff afterwards to both level your Chimeratech weapon as well as get the top tier elemental orbs needed for your Mana Spiral.
    4) Start doing High Dragon co-op runs. Around the time you unbind your Chimeratech weapon 4 times and get sufficiently high enough in your Mana Spiral you should be able to start dabbling in Expert mode.
    4) Once the Mana Spiral is complete, start doing Agito standard. The first time bonus will give enough mats to unlock a weapon, so then you can focus on that.

If you have dragons who you can unbind through completing story missions, definitely take the time to do that every day for however many you can stomach (especially right now while stamina costs are halved and some rewards are doubled). A lot of the dragons on that list are really good.

• Options
    I have no reason to deal with rude randos anymore with the new Solo option. Less rewards but zero toxicity? I'll make that trade.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Opty wrote: »
    You still need High Dragon stuff to do Mana Spirals. I'm not a top-tier pro so this could be completely wrong, but what I've been doing is:
    1) Pick a DPS character that you like playing who has a Mana Spiral and an ability that makes them immune to the debuff used by the High Dragon they're strong against as your "project" to focus on. There's lists of meta characters out there, but at the Standard level you'll be at, your Might matters more than your character choice when it comes to people being rude in lobbies towards you.
    2) Do the Void Battles you need to do to a) get a Chimeratech weapon for them and then b) unbind their Void weapon to level 6 and unlock the High Dragon Bane Buff.
    3) You'll need to continue doing Chimera stuff afterwards to both level your Chimeratech weapon as well as get the top tier elemental orbs needed for your Mana Spiral.
    4) Start doing High Dragon co-op runs. Around the time you unbind your Chimeratech weapon 4 times and get sufficiently high enough in your Mana Spiral you should be able to start dabbling in Expert mode.
    4) Once the Mana Spiral is complete, start doing Agito standard. The first time bonus will give enough mats to unlock a weapon, so then you can focus on that.

If you have dragons who you can unbind through completing story missions, definitely take the time to do that every day for however many you can stomach (especially right now while stamina costs are halved and some rewards are doubled). A lot of the dragons on that list are really good.

I just finished slogging through the hard and very hard campaigns to start grabbing those dragon essences. I have all of those dragons except for Cythonius and Promethus.

I have dupes of several of those dragons. Should I consider duping them with essences or just rush to MUB them? These are the dragons that I have in wind and light.

Wind:
    • Konohana Sakuya x3
    • Vayu
    • Pazuzu x2
    • Long Long (Max unbound)
    • Garuda
    • Zephyr x2

Light:
    • Tie Shan Gongzhu x2
    • Siren
    • Takemikazuchi
    • Liger
    • Cupid x3
    • Gillgamesh
    • Jean de Arc x3

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I have no reason to deal with rude randos anymore with the new Solo option. Less rewards but zero toxicity? I'll make that trade.

You do have to have a full team rather than just one person if you're going that route, meaning you'll want to at minimum get Void weapons for the other characters on your team if not get them Chimera weapons of their own. I think nowadays anyone doing Standard isn't going to be picky, so at the very least you're good for those, assuming you can find any open games (I generally just hit the "show all co-op rooms" button and pick whichever I find, which is easier now that they removed the mentor bonus).

Armchair, it's up to you how fast you want to go, because the thing about the story essences is that you're spending stamina for guaranteed unbinds vs spending wyrmite for random chance at a correct dragon or eldwater and rupies you'd get from selling the unused dupes. So if you're okay spending 9 days per unbind (5 days right now for the ones that benefit from the 2x loot buff) and slowly increasing your power, that's the route to go. Doubly so if it's a dragon with a really good passive where it makes sense to have multiples on your team.

Here's my read on your dragons, which may or may not match what the general meta thinks about them:
    Vayu (+Skill Damage passive with a +Skill damage attack), Zephyr (+Str passive with an attack that can stun), and Cupid (+Str passive with a Heal that gives a +Crit buff) are all good due to their passives working for a wide range of characters and their actives having good side effects. Light Cupid and Tie Shan Gongzhu are next on the list, with the former having so-so passives but a really really good +Str/Def/3 Energy active buff (one so good some people even use her on non-Light teams) and the latter having a pretty good +skill haste passive with a pretty good +5 Energy active. The rest are either just plain terrible due to having bad passives and/or actives (Takemikazuchi, Liger) or really good for a specific character type and/or situation and not good otherwise, such as +HP for healers to help tank the initial blast at the start of all High Dragon fights, +crit damage when you have a character that reliably crits, +poison damage when you have a character that reliably poisons, and +buff duration for healers that use buffs to heal over time and for support characters who give +dmg buffs to the whole team.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    My free summon had that 5* rainbow sparkle...and it was Agni haha.

edit:
    One step closer to another MUB dragon though. I was just hopeful for Zenna is all.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Wow, so many changes!

• Options
    FYI, there's now Knight's Testaments and a Champion's Testament available in the Astral Raid Treasure Trade shop.

• Options
    Yeah I noticed that. Also the augments are up from 10 to 30