As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Listen to a [podcast] on the commute from your couch to your kitchen

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    this is one of those moments where I deadass forgot that Simpsons is still running

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    this is one of those moments where I deadass forgot that Simpsons is still running

i was watching reruns the other day and it jumped from Homer to the Max to an episode where the couch gag was a parody of the Big Bang Theory and it gave me whiplash

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The song they did on the Simpson’s about how they have no ideas left was like twenty years ago

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Prediction, I die beforr the Simpsons dies

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    at this point I have to imagine it's basically a sinecure for the voice actors and senior production staff so they can keep extending their gajillion dollar contracts they signed in like 1998

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    The Simpsons with shading is a look I’ll never be okay with. Just the modern look of the show in general is so off-putting to me.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I’ll be honest I don’t get the Neil C albums either.

But Godspeed to the rest of you

For me it’s less I like mashups and more I like shitposts.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

I was going to say "but the actors are probably a lot older than you are" but then I remembered Disney owns The Simpsons now so they are probably working on voice synthesis technology in order to just... phase out the human voice actors when the money they ask for is deemed slightly unreasonable, and continue to produce the show for decades more without the casual viewer ever even realizing.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Uriel wrote: »
    I unirionically love the SpongeBob We will rock you mashup

My wife, who loves spongebob and has never had Neil C on her radar until now, was on the loo down the hall when that track came on, and as soon as the Captain’s lyrics started over the stomp clapping all I heard was a loud gasp and then YEEEAAAAHHH accentuated by a toilet flushing, which all felt very apt

Veldrin on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

What if the events occur simultaneously

What if a bus full of The Simpsons careens into you

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    You will be the last Hobnail in the Simpsons' coffin, sealing away the shambling zombie for all eternity.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    when you get to hell, tell 'em "simpsons did it"

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

What if the events occur simultaneously

What if a bus full of The Simpsons careens into you

So long as it is an exact recreation of the Simpsons scene where Spinal Tap crashes in their bus.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    when you get to hell, tell 'em "simpsons did it"

tumblr_nsb9aa2MG81tzgg1ao1_400.jpg

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    This month's Just King Things is out and it is covering The Shining.

rangedtouch.com/2020/09/14/the-shining/

Cameron Kunzelman on The Shining:

"It works extremely well... Yeah, I don't know. I think it works better than, like, half of what Hemingway wrote."

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    A lot of people are collectively enjoying a thing? Not on MY fucking watch!!!!

To be fair @Aistan isn't harshing your enjoyment. Like me, they are probably just incredulous that this can be enjoyed in earnest.
    The fact that I can't fathom how someone doesn't find this to be awful does not and should not impact your enjoyment of it.
    That said, for those of us who find this to be categorically awful (outside of it being enjoyed ironically) it's kind of hard NOT to talk about.

Again, that in no way should impact your enjoyment of the thing.

• Options
    Never said it impacted anybody's enjoyment

But jumping in to people collectively enjoying a harmless thing to talk shit about it is somewhere between "rude," "weird," and "actively antisocial."

It's very strange that this needs to be explained!

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    It's also like "Please explain to me why this is funny"

which is impossible and a bit condescending

sig.gif
  • Options
    As a rude weird antisocial person

Fair enough by god

• Options
    It's funny because Johnny Cash is singing about his mom being a train over that one Hoobastank song.

• Options

But jumping in to people collectively enjoying a harmless thing to talk shit about it is somewhere between "rude," "weird," and "actively antisocial."

I guess I don't agree at all. A piece of media is posted and some enjoy it while others do not. I'm not sure I understand why one side of that equation can post about it while the other cannot.

If people were saying one side of the argument were idiots or something for enjoying it I'd be right there with you but that isn't happening. I just don't "get it". I'm not making a value judgement on anybody that does like it.

• Options
    Remember when Hoobastank did a performance on a Victoria's Secret fashion show stage and so it was just Victoria's Secret models walking around those buttrocking members of Hoobastank?

Pretty funny.

• Options

I guess I don't agree at all. A piece of media is posted and some enjoy it while others do not. I'm not sure I understand why one side of that equation can post about it while the other cannot.

If people were saying one side of the argument were idiots or something for enjoying it I'd be right there with you but that isn't happening. I just don't "get it". I'm not making a value judgement on anybody that does like it.

You CAN post whatever, man.

Just like you COULD be at a party, see people dancing when a song comes on, and explain to everybody how that song is stupid and they're wasting their time dancing. You COULD do that.

But I don't think one should be surprised when they come off as a bit of an asshole.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Remember when Hoobastank did a performance on a Victoria's Secret fashion show stage and so it was just Victoria's Secret models walking around those buttrocking members of Hoobastank?

Pretty funny.

Remember when Denny's had a Hooburrito

It wasn't bad!

• Options

Just like you COULD be at a party, see people dancing when a song comes on, and explain to everybody how that song is stupid and they're wasting their time dancing. You COULD do that.

But I don't think one should be surprised when they come off as a bit of an asshole.

That is not at all what is going on here.
    But good on you for calling people names for not liking what you like I guess? Consider not being so hostile to people that have differing opinions to you on things as basic as music.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

Pretty funny.

It wasn't bad!

I'm sorry, what

• Options

But good on you for calling people names for not liking what you like I guess? Consider not being so hostile to people that have differing opinions to you on things as basic as music.

I am legitimately trying to explain to you how it is rude to come into a positive experience that people are sharing in an astonishingly terrible year and try to take a shit on it

It is not "hostile," and I deliberately avoided name-calling. I just don't know how better to explain, "It's fucking weird to barge into positivity and try to center your negativity"

• Options
    Narbus wrote: »

Pretty funny.

It wasn't bad!

I'm sorry, what

Denny's had a Hooburrito.

It wasn't bad!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I am legitimately trying to explain to you how it is rude to come into a positive experience that people are sharing in an astonishingly terrible year and try to take a shit on it

It is not "hostile," and I deliberately avoided name-calling. I just don't know how better to explain, "It's fucking weird to barge into positivity and try to center your negativity"

No stop it Pooro, talk about THEM. You're doing it wrong!

• Options

I am glad you like the thing.
    Other's do not like the thing and have posted their reasons why they don't like the thing.

You do not need to make it anything more than that. This is a discussion board where we discuss things like video games, TV shows, and music. Sometimes people like these things and agree. Sometimes they do not. That is the nature of discussion and discourse.

Problems arise when people start to make insults/generalizations of a person's character based on their opinion on a subjective piece of media. Only one person in this discussion is doing that and that person is you.

I'm done having this particular conversation with you. Please continue enjoying the music. Please do not be offended if somebody does not share that same opinion and chooses to discuss it on this forum created for discussion.

• Options
    I would never be at a party

Wait

Is this a party

• Options
    It's a cyber-party.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It's a cyber-party.

Gross

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    It's also like "Please explain to me why this is funny"

which is impossible and a bit condescending

Explaining jokes always makes them funnier I don't know what the problem is here.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Other's do not like the thing and have posted their reasons why they don't like the thing.

You do not need to make it anything more than that. This is a discussion board where we discuss things like video games, TV shows, and music. Sometimes people like these things and agree. Sometimes they do not. That is the nature of discussion and discourse.

Problems arise when people start to make insults/generalizations of a person's character based on their opinion on a subjective piece of media. Only one person in this discussion is doing that and that person is you.

I'm done having this particular conversation with you. Please continue enjoying the music. Please do not be offended if somebody does not share that same opinion and chooses to discuss it on this forum created for discussion.

get off the fucking cross

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Boy thats some rich sauce you slingin there my son

• Options
    Boy thats some rich sauce you slingin there my son

A rich sauce would pair nicely with a Hooburrito

Oh, my phone has already learned the word "Hooburrito." Technology is grand.

• Options

Wait until you hear that I feel the same way about U2.

• Options
    jn9btexc0xon.jpg

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Wait until you hear that I feel the same way about U2.

you arent funny, cool, or smart

This discussion has been closed.