Options

[2020 ELECTION] Trump Running Out Of Days To Finally Become President

• Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Preacher wrote: »
    adejaan wrote: »
    Watching that clip, there wasn't much of a pause between "4 more years of" and "George." there...ugh. I'd like to think he was referring to Lopez but...I think he may actually have said the wrong name there. This is the last thing we need a week before election day.

Edit: Watched it a couple more times and I guess I could see where there could have been a pause or comma intended after the "of," but you're not going to see it unless you're sympathetic to Biden already.

Lets be honest who fucking cares? Like if this sways you as a voter holy shit, Trump literally makes worse mistakes every speech. But oh man Biden might have said the wrong name, BACK UP RIGHT NOW!

The only people who care about this attack were already on the "biden has dementia" train anyway.

I called my daughter Zoe yesterday. That's one of our dog's names.

EDIT: Terrible top of page. Also our ballots were accepted today and I dropped off my MIL's ballot. So +2 for sure, with +1 tentatively.

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i don't think the DOW having very little to do with the health of the economy is a mystery to anyone who vaguely understands how the economy works

just

most people don't

I'd really like to see the next admin do a solid push for just... not reporting or caring about it. Find some other metric that gets reported daily and use that instead. Something that reflects how the economy is faring for regular folks.

A weekly wealth disparity report, maybe?

Infrastructure investment in the financial year to date?

Number of posts spool32 has made in the recipe thread?

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Special K wrote: »
    d tbh, I still don't have my membership card or commemorative trashcan lid / pepper-spray shield

Are you at least getting your Soros checks?

We're supposed to be getting checks? motherfu

Voting in about a half an hour. Not gonna matter at all (there's literally no way ND goes blue) but don't fuckin' care! I can vote so I'm going to vote.

Is no one getting their checks!?

This is exactly why I brought up using the Lizard People in accounting at the last Insidious Gay Agenda meeting.

Their strengths obviously are in kidnapping, setting up pod person body doubles, and poisoning water sources with fluoride.

I’m sorry everyone. Things always get hectic this time of year as we prepare to destroy Christmas.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Hell, it's just over a week since Trump kept calling Matt Gaetz "Rick" during a rally for Gaetz.

When Republican does it, Dems go "ha, that's funny" and maybe cut a billboard. When a Dem does it it gets wall-to-wall coverage on conservative media for days.

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    +2 Blue in MA. Not that it matters terribly here, but at least we contributed to what is hopefully a crushing popular vote disparity. Also, picked up bagels and donuts as a reward.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    V1m wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i don't think the DOW having very little to do with the health of the economy is a mystery to anyone who vaguely understands how the economy works

just

most people don't

I'd really like to see the next admin do a solid push for just... not reporting or caring about it. Find some other metric that gets reported daily and use that instead. Something that reflects how the economy is faring for regular folks.

A weekly wealth disparity report, maybe?

Infrastructure investment in the financial year to date?

Number of posts spool32 has made in the recipe thread?

Consumer spending? It's far from a complete picture, but some set of spending related metrics are probably the best overall look at the gears turning. Payroll, etc.

The stock market has become so hypothetical in its relation to the companies that issue stocks that brokers have found they can treat cryptocurrencies exactly the same way... and then a few brokers have found out the exchange they were playing on wasn't actually holding any crypto and they were literally putting their money in a crypto themed slot machine... and they just kept doing it because of how little difference it actually made. News that people were trading make-believe crypto currency caused a jump in prices that equally impacted the fakes.

Hevach on
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Tenek wrote: »
    I think the "George" thing is an actual mistake... but it's an "oops" thing, not a sign of dementia - which is what they're all trying to make it out to be. The reason he didn't say "George Bush" is that his brain caught the mistake in half a second and corrected it. Trump can't do that in any amount of time.

He was talking to a guy named george

OK. I will start by saying that I agree with you. Now that I listened to it about twelve more times to actually transcribe it, including all the stuff that usually gets omitted so "umm" and "er" are not the most common words in English:

"Four more years of George, uh... George, uh, he, uh, he's going to find ourselves in a position where if, uh, Trump gets elected, uh, we're gonna be, uh, we're gonna be in a different world"

1) Just the first part sounds exactly as described - "Four more years of George"
    2) It sounds bad because Biden is not delivering a prepared speech, he's having a conversation, and putting in snippets of a bunch of separate ideas:
    3) Probably something about how he deals with stuttering, idk
    4) It's not going to come across as dementia unless you've already decided that he has it and everything confirms your prior belief
    5) Nobody's pointing out the he / our mismatch which is also technically incorrect
    6) Eat at Arby's?

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    We already know republicans have a hard time hearing things. Uh, of. Would be, wouldn't be. etc.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a collected set of 2016 Congressional District polling?

The 2020 CD polling is apocalyptic for the GOP/Trump and I want to get a feel of how good it was in 2016 (as there is a suggestion that individual CD level polling was better than state polling in 2016).

Here you go fam

Alas that is just the 2020 polls. The paydirt I am looking for is the 2016 polling. And no, Brand doesn't have it, I have already asked.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding - is the goal to see how far off the polls were in 2016? Wouldn't the final exits be more apt?

I want to see what the 2016 Congressional District polls were saying and compare to the actual 2016 results, yes.

In the past I have ignored CD polls as I thought them very innaccurate. But now people are saying the 2016 polls gave a good indication of Trump performance where it mattered. Significantly, painting a different picture than what the state polls were showing.

Now in 2020 the CD polls are saying Biden winning in a landslide where he obliterates Trump in Pennsylvania and takes Texas with room to spare. 2018+. The mid terms repeated without the disappointing Senate results.

That's quite a signal, and I want to know how seriously to take it before wagering cold hard cash.

So I need to see quite how accurate the 2016 CD polls are or of people have just been cherry picking to create a narrative.

ah ok - I'll see what Dave Wasserman has from 2016. He might have done this analysis. He was one of the first people to suggest there was a real problem at the district level vs state top lines.

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    Samuel L Jackson wants you to vote, damn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yJa3b6lrdA

I'm really enjoying these advertisements, and hoping they encourage the discouraged that there's still something worth voting for.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Doc wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    The other thing is I think we’ll KNOW who the winner is on election night.

Whatever side loses is going to sue forever though so I don’t think we’ll have anything official for months.

The electoral college votes in mid-December. It'll be figured out by then; every court in the country will have this as their highest priority.

Even with two new console releases in November?!?!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    The other thing is I think we’ll KNOW who the winner is on election night.

Whatever side loses is going to sue forever though so I don’t think we’ll have anything official for months.

The electoral college votes in mid-December. It'll be figured out by then; every court in the country will have this as their highest priority.

Even with two new console releases in November?!?!

Oh, yeah, they're going to be basically sold out until at least February.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Hell, it's just over a week since Trump kept calling Matt Gaetz "Rick" during a rally for Gaetz.

When Republican does it, Dems go "ha, that's funny" and maybe cut a billboard. When a Dem does it it gets wall-to-wall coverage on conservative media for days.

How quickly we all forgot "Tim Apple."

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Got notification that my vote went through!

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Oh good my ballot was confirmed, I did a democracy 16 days ago

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Biden to Iowa on Friday. Boosting Greenfield is more important than winning Iowa, though obviously it would be nice. Iowa can only be the tipping point state if very weird things happen. Like losing Wisconsin while winning Iowa and North Carolina or Georgia.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    One thing I do find funny is we have spent more discussing and bring up and watching the Biden clip than all but the Murdoch people pretty much all day. I won't be surprised if Twitter is the same. Especially since it is a great distraction from Meadows surrendering on the Corona virus stuff, Pence's CoS getting the disease, the stock market having a bad day, and probably at least two other stories I have missed. Remember obsessing on the right wing media leads to it being signal boosted even if by accident.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    One thing I do find funny is we have spent more discussing and bring up and watching the Biden clip than all but the Murdoch people pretty much all day. I won't be surprised if Twitter is the same. Especially since it is a great distraction from Meadows surrendering on the Corona virus stuff, Pence's CoS getting the disease, the stock market having a bad day, and probably at least two other stories I have missed. Remember obsessing on the right wing media leads to it being signal boosted even if by accident.

Yeah, we do exactly what they want us to do more than we should.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

SCOTUS railroading ends tonight.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Is it weird that I find myself every day looking forward to whatever pathetic attempt at an “October Surprise” is going to come?

They’re all either so easily debunkable, or they accidentally make Biden look good (oh no he love his kid, can you imagine)

Really shows how much these people live in the kind of closed information bubble they accuse us of living in.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

SCOTUS railroading ends tonight.

Definitely feeling like I made the right choice by deciding that was over when the awful news happened, and then explicitly never clicking on the thread in question (except once accidentally, but I didn't read anything). Wish I had the self-control for a few other political threads, but THAT one, in particular I held the line on.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    +1 for Biden/Harris, for whatever that's worth in my little blue college town in OR.
    Also for Merkley and DeFazio, of course.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    It's really weird but since voting early, my stress level and interest in the election has kinda subsided. Like I see political signs and ads and I'm like "Do they not know that I, the protagonist in life, have already voted? They can start taking all these signs down"

I am amazingly selfish

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Sleep wrote: »
    Seems like the dude in Boston might just be a disturbed arsonist. Like it might not have actually been politically motivated. Dude was already wanted for setting a totally unrelated fire.

His social media accounts have been found and... Maaaaaybe. Definitely needs professional help of a sort this country is bad at providing. I wont link his Twitter because it's a mix of scary and sad (like exchanging public sex tweets with several other accounts but sometimes forgets to switch accounts so you can tell they're all him), but there's a clear brand if MAGA there.

It's an interesting flavor of MAGA, though. He seems to understand and accept that Trump is clueless and wants to help, like his plan to fix the economy based on the lessons he learned in the CW DC series crossover event.

He can be sick and still be politically motivated is my point.

Hevach on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Smurph wrote: »
    It's really weird but since voting early, my stress level and interest in the election has kinda subsided. Like I see political signs and ads and I'm like "Do they not know that I, the protagonist in life, have already voted? They can start taking all these signs down"

I am amazingly selfish

You're the center of your Universe, according to physics, so it's no surprise.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    hows this for transparency
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ig5vL8aygQ

get fucked trump
    voting integrity is intact here

you can even hold onto your gun and watch this at home!

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular

I am amazingly selfish

I do the same thing for public radio funding drives. I donate, and then am slightly outraged that the funding drive is still going.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

I am amazingly selfish

I feel like this is something all people do. The important thing is that you recognize that it's happening. A lot of people don't.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Univ. of Wisconsin–Madison polls:
    Michigan
    Joe Biden 52%
    Donald Trump 42%
    Pennsylvania
    Joe Biden 52%
    Donald Trump 44%
    Wisconsin
    Joe Biden 53%
    Donald Trump 44%

Yep yep, I'll take this.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I'll like it but I don't trust it.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I did a push poll this evening that tried to get me to vote for Trump even after I told them I'd voted for Biden. Either these people aren't following the script or the whole thing is completely faked lmao

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

I mean past a certain point you have to either accept all the polls are wrong, or they are correct.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

I mean past a certain point you have to either accept all the polls are wrong, or they are correct.

2016 broke me. I am no longer in the prediction business as a result. I refuse to feel good about numbers until about November 10th.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

Oh, no. My anxiety is far more advanced than that.

• Options

2016 broke me. I am no longer in the prediction business as a result. I refuse to feel good about numbers until about November 10th.

Ahh xbox series x release day. Going to be glorious playing my new series x and chopping up some vikings, hopefully with a new president elect and a pouty orange turd.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    The Supreme Court has ruled that ballots in Wisconsin which are postmarked before election day, but arrive after, are to be thrown out.

BREAKING: Supreme Court sides with Republicans to block voting accommodations in Wisconsin. The vote is 5-3.

The applications involve a district-court order extending the deadline for the receipt of mail-in ballots by six days. The 7th circuit blocked this remedy on appeal, and now five justices agree the state gets to run the election as it chooses—pandemic or no.

Steven Mazie is a SCOTUS correspondent with The Economist

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Which is the opposite of how they ruled in the Alabama case to disenfranchise black voters in Jefferson County. All Calvinball.

Also, which part of the fucking state? The Governor apparently doesn't count. Fuck these assholes.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    More ammunition for radically changing that court.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    The court is clearly all for voter suppression, so fuck the court.

• Options
    Its so bullshit they wait until just before the election to make these ridiculous decisions.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.