Options

Black Lives Matter Thread 7

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Biden should personally go to the camps and unlock the doors and if he does anything less i hope he doesn't painfully die of covid

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    Lmao at Pelosi and Schumer talking big game about 2k now.

The message should've always been "600 sucks"

Biden waa apparently pushing for the 600 deal behind the scenes so lol

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

PiptheFair wrote: »
    nancy pelosi is worth over 100 million dollars

just keep repeating that

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

nancy pelosi is worth over 100 million dollars

just keep repeating that

Also, never forget that Pelosi was not wealthy when she first was elected to office, but her husband suddenly became a real estate genius after. They got wealthy from that.

Real estate genius is defined by Real Estate Mogul A sells him land on the cheap, Real Estate Mogul B buys land at a huge premium a year later, and Nancy Pelosi coincidentally supports legislation benefiting Moguls A and B.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    When an asylum seeker comes to the U.S., a branch of the State Department is supposed to match them up with a Volunteer Agency, or volag (which is a horrible name) that provides assistance to the person in finding housing, getting a work permit, getting food stamps, finding an ESL program, and so on, all the sorts of things that someone brand new to this country would need to not immediately starve to death, alone is a gutter. These asylum seekers very much needed more help than was given, but they were given at least some chance.

Under the Trump administration, State was gutted, and asylum policy saw the cruelty dial cranked well past 11. The result is the apparatus for humanely bringing in refugees was crushed. Bernie Sanders on a unicorn couldn't reverse that policy day one, even if there weren't a pandemic going on. It's going to take time to make sure we have a policy that's more than a handshake and warm wishes, and that's just due to the fact that it's much easier to tear down these systems than to build them.

There's already plenty to be angry with Biden about, like him saying “Congress did its job this week,” while Trump said “I’m asking Congress to amend this bill and increase the ridiculously low $600 to $2,000, or $4,000 for a couple,” - especially given that Biden's campaign was very, very, very little more than "Hey, I'm not Trump," how the fuck do end up with the worse take between the two of you? I mean Jesus - I can't see any value in being angry with him for not showing up with a genie that only grants immigration-specific wishes.

Narbus on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    the DNC is now unanimous in wanting to up the amount to 2k

I don't know what fucking 4d chess trump thinks he's playing, but he shoulda made it 2k a month like countries that actually give a shit about not getting guillotined

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular

I don't know what fucking 4d chess trump thinks he's playing, but he shoulda made it 2k a month like countries that actually give a shit about not getting guillotined

word is that's basically what he wanted to do, but he ended up listening to advisors that said to just not bring it up. if he'd done what he wanted there's no way in hell biden would have been able to squeak out a win. he apparently really got a kick out of giving everyone a check with his name on it at the start of the year, but his handlers didn't want to give the country a taste of what it's like to have a government that cares about you

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Any progressn or solutions made on eliminating the factors that send millions of people to the southern United States border?

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If Trump wants to strongarm the Republicans into giving everyone $2,000 and the Democrats are on board, then I say very good but I'd still line up for a chance to kick him out the door on the appointed day.

But I'd do it with $2,000 more dollars in savings. Whatever counts for savings.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    The US didn't fuck with Bolivia's election tesults this time so, kind of.

yet

one of the things biden ran on was his coups of south american governments will be effective

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I mean, I'm still very much in the 'it ain't gonna happen' camp but it seems like Republicans are making a strong attempt at it being because Democrats weren't willing to cut the extra fat out of the bill (and yes, I understand most of the 'fat' isn't actually part of the COVID relief bill) and would rather send money to <country> than their own citizens

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    It'll take the 2k and continue paying my rent thanks

Really don't want to end up on the street in the middle of winter during a deadly pandemic thanks

• Options
    My 1200 has sat in the bank collecting interest

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular

I think the verb form is "gullantined," if my old english word a day calendar isn't wrong.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    My $600 will be used to pay off the last bit of my medical debt which has been chasing me for five years.

Don't ask about my other debt...

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Ill take every dollar they want to give and they can go fuck themselves anyway

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    she's even dumber than I thought, then. this shit is how you get fascism.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    she's even dumber than I thought, then. this shit is how you get fascism.

gotta mean test money going to the not corporations cause what if it like disappears and isnt a good return on investment

despite the fact that like

what the fuck are Americans going to spend it on that doesn't benefit the economy at this point in time

im also loathing the austerity discussions that are gonna show up once the rich get their vaccines despite so little being done by so many

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Random tweet that showed up in my timeline

huh

So it is possible. An isolated contextless incident isn't really anything more than a novelty, but don't think I've actually ever seen that before

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    It kiind of looks like he smacked the arresting officer and that's what pissed him off

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Ill take every dollar they want to give and they can go fuck themselves anyway

Good lad

They aren't your mates and they don't deserve your accolades

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Trump's trying to stay in the news, or he's just fucking with everyone so he can either stage a coup or run again in '24

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/23/trump-pardons-blackwater-contractors-jailed-for-massacre-of-iraq-civilians

He also pardoned mercenary war criminals today

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The New York Times isn't worth a fucking thing

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Brave Sir Robin ran away
    Bravely ran away away
    When danger reared its ugly head
    He bravely turned his tail and fled
    Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
    And gallantly he chickened out

Bravely taking to his feet
    He beat a very brave retreat
    Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!

• Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    Look, if they caved before Biden gave cover, then they might have suffered consequences and we can't have that now can we

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Who had "Centrist convinces Democrats to accept less than they were already asking for" on their Bingo card?

Oh wait, that's the free square.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    i'm the joker babey

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I notice Trump pardoned Duncan Hunter but not his wife. Curious that.

• Options
    6AyCTTr.png

• Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular

To sum up the article, new regulation will allow owners to take tips from front of the house staff in order to pay back of the house staff, allowing them to keep more money for themselves while still paying poverty level wages to all their employees. On top of forcing servers to work harder for less money during a pandemic, doing more of the non-tipped work like cleaning.

(Link in the tweet brings up a 404 so here's a direct one: https://www.businessinsider.com/restaurants-can-take-now-take-more-of-their-workers-tips-2020-12 )

• Options
  • Options
    Midnite wrote: »

To sum up the article, new regulation will allow owners to take tips from front of the house staff in order to pay back of the house staff, allowing them to keep more money for themselves while still paying poverty level wages to all their employees. On top of forcing servers to work harder for less money during a pandemic, doing more of the non-tipped work like cleaning.

(Link in the tweet brings up a 404 so here's a direct one: https://www.businessinsider.com/restaurants-can-take-now-take-more-of-their-workers-tips-2020-12 )

this makes perfect sense. it's not like food service workers aren't some of the most shat-upon human beings in an economy that functions entirely by shitting on people, might as well twist that knife a little more

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
  • Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular

I hate this fucking state so much. It can't sink into the ocean fast enough.

This discussion has been closed.