Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm guessing these cards will have some serious power creep in order to get that money. So far, that seems to be the case.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm guessing these cards will have some serious power creep in order to get that money. So far, that seems to be the case.

You know power creep is a thing when even Wild decks are nodding emphatically at new cards and marking them as auto-includes.

Imprisoned Celestial sliding into Odd Paladin feels pretty certain.

• Options
    More newness:

qk3dtloatd92.png

Lightsteed
    Priest Elemental Minion
    4-mana
    Your healing effects also give affected minions +2 health

stg9kcy7dh2p.png

Armor Vendor
    Neutral Minion
    1-mana
    Battlecry: Give 4 armor to each hero

0vs57ej64jrl.png

Barricade
    Paladin/Warrior spell
    4-mana
    Summon a 2/4 Guard with Taunt. If it's your only minion, summon another.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    boo5wmdi6cr3.png

congratulations to the new most rage-inducing card in hearthstone

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ghej44rq66a9.png

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    0vs57ej64jrl.png
    Duel Paladin and Big Warrior jizzing ropes.

forty on
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    I wonder how long I should wait to see if anyone here remembers how many copies of cards you can put in decks.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone refer to the normal ~130 card set as a ~260 card set before, so I'm not sure why we should start now with the mini-sets?

Like I get what you're saying; buying the Adventurers gave you full duplicate copies of each card, two of each, all the commons/rares/legendaries. And with this you no longer just receive them, they're simply added into the pool.

It's just different. I'll take this implementation over being paywalled out though. At least with this method, you can just craft the shit you want, if you have Dust for it.
    Blizzard wrote:
    And, for the first time ever, the entire 66 card set is available for purchase from the in-game or web shop for $14.99 or 2000 Gold!

• Options
    Screenshot_17.jpg
    I know Priest and control style Warlock decks aren't great right now, but this card will do some mega bullshit against some boards for just 3 mana.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Going through all the spoilers and a lot of this stuff looks mega strong, like upwards of 80% of these cards will see play.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Ze
    Yilias wrote: »
    Going through all the spoilers and a lot of this stuff looks mega strong, like upwards of 80% of these cards will see play.

Let's face it, a mini expansion full of duds would not fly.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    So I have 15 unopened packs from Darkmoon Faire and about 4k gold. What the heck do I even do in this situation?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Another season, another Standard Legend with an autocomplete deck. The revamped autocomplete is such an awesome feature. The final boss was another Ticket Warlock; they actually ticketed me and burned my Tickatus, but I just tempoed them down. The Ironbeak Owl in the deck seems a bit random, but its rarely a bad draw. It’s helped a lot against Paladin, its helped me push through Warlock taunts, and most memorably it broke a Warrior’s brain. The Warrior played Rattlegore and started BM emoting. I hit the Rattlegore with the Owl battlecry and the warrior just conceded and added me as a friend. But they weren’t very friendly! They seemed to believe that I was a new player and a bad player for having a silence in my deck; they became especially unfriendly when I suggested that they should have played around it. Then they stopped being my friend.

2x (1) Demonic Studies
    1x (1) Felosophy
    2x (1) Spirit Jailer
    2x (2) Imprisoned Vilefiend
    2x (2) Soul Shear
    2x (3) Dark Skies
    2x (3) Free Admission
    1x (3) Ironbeak Owl
    2x (3) Man'ari Mosher
    2x (3) School Spirits
    1x (3) Sense Demons
    2x (4) Cascading Disaster
    2x (4) Fire Breather
    2x (5) Void Drinker
    1x (6) Tickatus
    1x (7) Galakrond, the Wretched
    1x (7) Soulciologist Malicia
    1x (8) Twisting Nether
    1x (10) Y'Shaarj, the Defiler

Code: AAECAcn1AgiiAtsG3AbxvwPO0gPP0gP83gPO4QML66wD9LsDrMsDuM4D7NEDzNIDzdIDkt4Dk94Dld4Dxt4DAA==

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    So I have 15 unopened packs from Darkmoon Faire and about 4k gold. What the heck do I even do in this situation?

Wait until the meta settles on the best decks and craft those epics/legendaries or spend 15 dollar to experiment yourself.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Screenshot_17.jpg
    I know Priest and control style Warlock decks aren't great right now, but this card will do some mega bullshit against some boards for just 3 mana.

It’s potentially part of an OTK in Wild.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options

Open up your wallet.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Heh, I see there is only one epic in the entire set, so that's going to cut down the dust value of the full set. Ballpark it looks like buying the bundle will give you 2,400-2,500 dust worth of cards if you end up disenchanting them all eventually.

• Options
    I'd say open your packs now and buy the 2,000 gold bundle when that's available (or $15, if that's your thing), then save the rest of your gold for April.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    I wonder how long I should wait to see if anyone here remembers how many copies of cards you can put in decks.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone refer to the normal ~130 card set as a ~260 card set before, so I'm not sure why we should start now with the mini-sets?

Like I get what you're saying; buying the Adventurers gave you full duplicate copies of each card, two of each, all the commons/rares/legendaries. And with this you no longer just receive them, they're simply added into the pool.

It's just different. I'll take this implementation over being paywalled out though. At least with this method, you can just craft the shit you want, if you have Dust for it.
    Blizzard wrote:
    And, for the first time ever, the entire 66 card set is available for purchase from the in-game or web shop for $14.99 or 2000 Gold!

OKAAAAAY FORTY YOU WERE RIGHT

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options

Open up your wallet.

Whatever you say, Bobby Kotick!

sig.gif

• Options

Open up your wallet.

Do you guys not have wallets?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Screenshot_17.jpg

It’s potentially part of an OTK in Wild.
    I like to think that there's someone at Blizzard who's just seen this and thought "oops"

• Options

Open up your wallet.

Do you guys not have wallets?

That's still a top 3 quote from any press conference, IMO. My body is ready is number one, and "you're breathtaking!" is number 3.

sig.gif

• Options
    New BG heroes coming in today's patch:

Tickatus
    Prize Wall [Passive]: Every 4 turns, Discover a Darkmoon Prize.

Greybough
    Sprout It Out! [Passive]: Give +1/+2 and Taunt to minions you summon during combat.

Also some changes to the Demon pool. 2 new minions:

Soul Devourer
    [Tier 3, Demon] 3 Attack, 3 Health
    Battlecry: Choose a friendly Demon. Remove it to gain its stats and 3 Gold.

Ring Matron
    [Tier 4, Demon] 6 Attack, 4 Health
    Taunt. Deathrattle: Summon two 3/2 Imps.

And RIP:

Floating Watcher has been removed from the Battlegrounds Minion pool.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Yes because floating watcher was really making demons an unstoppable blight on the BGs meta

Wrath Weaver should have been looked at if anything

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I'd assume Floating was removed because it was bad and they needed room for the new demons.
    Ring Matron doesn't feel good, because you will run into space issues like with all demons, but at least the things she summons are relevant. Might be ok. Soul Devourer is straight up good in any demon build. Or even just to buy when you have leftover demons from the first couple turns, because it's a free +3/+3 buff for a turn or so.

Tickatus is hard to evaluate on paper but looks at least interesting. Definitely turn timer issues when you discover two prizes in one turn.

Greybough is good early (like, really good, insanely good) and completely useless later. So probably like Yogg tier, maybe even Kaelthas? That's good enough.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Bigfernal kinda fills the role Watcher did, but like in a better way? Um, removing Watcher also makes Mal'ganis no longer counterproductive. So Malg becomes more worth taking now.

Aside from that, Devourer can now fill the Grower slot left behind in Watcher's wake. That's a VERY good minion, one I don't think people should sleep on at all.

Ring Matron being added is good. Fits BGs quite well, I think. Highmane equivalent for Demons, logical upgrade from Imprisoner, works great with Bigfernal and Soul Juggler.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I played against a really good Rogue deck the other day that relied heavily on stealth cards. It ran things like Plague of Madness I'm guessing to counter evolve shamans. Any idea on what it could be?

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I would like Ring matron more if she didn't have taunt. With her statline she would be likely to die anyway. There is already a tier 4 taunt demon, too.

• Options
    I didn't know level 51 requires as much xp as level 1 and onward. It's basically a reset of the track with a 50 gold award per level.

Earning gold quick now.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    I didn't know level 51 requires as much xp as level 1 and onward. It's basically a reset of the track with a 50 gold award per level.

Earning gold quick now.

Yeah, it's really good. I've made more gold this expansion cycle than I ever did before because the rewards track made me want to log in to increase progression, because it felt better than the daily gold quests.

• Options
    4 card, 9-mana, 60 damage OTK deck in Wild.

https://youtu.be/obgPqjcWs0U

No mana reductions required, but possible to make the combo hit faster. Just have the 4 cards and win.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    That's going to get nerfed fairly quickly I'd imagine

• Options
    the flavor text for imprisoned celestial, bravo blizz

• Options
    edited January 2021
    4 card, 9-mana, 60 damage OTK deck in Wild.

No mana reductions required, but possible to make the combo hit faster. Just have the 4 cards and win.
    Disgusting, just as predicted. Looks like Hysteria is capped at 30 attacks, so the combo does 60 damage.

It's definitely sickening, but then Wild is full of horrible bullshit, so it remains to be seen how broken it ends up being. Wild is also the land of Dirty Rats and Deathlords, which can fuck this deck over pretty readily as it has no way to win outside of the combo. Your only hope in that case is if the minion pullers hit your tutoring minions instead of your combo pieces.

It'll still probably get hit with some sort of nerf just because of how early of an empty board OTK it can be and how awful it will feel to get hit by it. Maybe there will be some refinements to make the deck more consistent or resilient.

forty on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'd be way less concerned about getting messed with by combo tech than just getting murdered by Secret Mage or Odd Paladin before you get there. Aggro has consistently been a better answer to stuff like Quest Mage or Snip-Snap than Reno lists packing Dirty Rat or even dedicated anti-combo Warrior lists.

The power level seems consistent with most Wild combo decks, it just needs a fix for the animation time like Shudderwock got.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Yilias wrote: »
    I'd be way less concerned about getting messed with by combo tech than just getting murdered by Secret Mage or Odd Paladin before you get there. Aggro has consistently been a better answer to stuff like Quest Mage or Snip-Snap than Reno lists packing Dirty Rat or even dedicated anti-combo Warrior lists.

The power level seems consistent with most Wild combo decks, it just needs a fix for the animation time like Shudderwock got.
    Yes I covered that here:
    but then Wild is full of horrible bullshit, so it remains to be seen how broken it ends up being

Edit: I'm not familiar with most Wild combo decks, but it definitely feels like this one can potentially pull off the combo sooner than most do, I imagine, when it hits the right draws. It's base 9 mana and has a good number of ways to hit at least 1-2 mana worth of discount, and it can skip the Shrinkmeister entirely if the opponent has ~11 health on the board (and didn't gain armor), which means we should definitely see some turn 5 OTKs with some decent highrolls (Tiller, Insight discounted Deathspeaker, Hysteria).

forty on
  • Options
    Oh nice, this patch made it so you actually see how much XP you get after a game.

And the mini-set made it possible to get the alternate coin skin without being a total whale.

• Options
    Oh nice, this patch made it so you actually see how much XP you get after a game.

And the mini-set made it possible to get the alternate coin skin without being a total whale.

They also gave Headless Horseman his own lines and there is now a 'New Cards' tab in the filters.

They made some good changes!

See my profile here!
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bgs still swingy as ever. Get matched against 1 and 2 and go from 40 to dead in 2 turns at turn 8/9.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778