As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Had a nice C'thun game earlier where I just sat at level 3 and hero powered every single turn with the divine shield mechs and bronze wardens

It ALMOST beat a tavern 6 brann murloc comp but they ended up having too many stats

Still, second at tavern 3 was funny

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I’m 4-0 with Boy Howdy decks.

Warlock feels like the best place for it; Warlock is pretty good at drawing cards and making boards go away. I’m also going to try a Quest Priest version of it though I think.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So. Landslide seems very good.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    That 2/5 that removes all deathrattles seems very good as well! That that Palladins!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    zero minion treant token druid is fucking horrifying

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Ended up buying the mini-set for 2k gold and opened my 14 packs. Pulled a Y'shaarj from the packs, my first of the (new) Old Gods!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Deathwarden is my new best friend.

Just snuffing Prime shuffles everywhere.

Edit: Also Librams. Oh wow that felt good.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    illidari studies is broken as all hell why did they print that card in DH

have you learned nothing, team 5

Beasteh on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    zero minion treant token druid is fucking horrifying
    Solar Eclipse allows some real dumb shit.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I’ve been trying various builds in BG and fancy shit... but it’s still elementals or murlocs. Those are still the two most reliable builds for a win. Depending on hero.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    People appear to be settling on this as the Boy Howdy list, which is hilarious because Explosive Runes absolutely dunks on it. Probably solveable by adding a Raise Dead though.

JanxGnN.png?1

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i played some yesterday because Fuckit and i was running an old list that had Ice Block still and let me tell you

that just broke his heart

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Annnnd it's gone (soon)

Per the new tweet linking rules:
    Iksar wrote:
    Looking to get a change out for the Tiller/Hysteria interaction sometime next week. Hope this farmer enjoys his time in the sun while it lasts!
    August "Iksar" Dean Ayala is the Hearthstone Lead Designer.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    forty wrote: »
    It'll still probably get hit with some sort of nerf just because of how early of an empty board OTK it can be and how awful it will feel to get hit by it.
    "Hah! Caught one!" The streak continues!

Khadgar should probably just be removed from Battlegrounds.

forty on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    It'll still probably get hit with some sort of nerf just because of how early of an empty board OTK it can be and how awful it will feel to get hit by it.

Khadgar used to be dog shit. Now he’s going ham on some wacky pirate builds. Still, the build doesn’t scale as well as elementals. Also elistra’s nerf is super good against that pirate build because the pirate doesn’t die. So there isn’t like 40 pirate spawns jacking up the stats of everyone.

zepherin on
  • Options
    And one more legend done.

68N07u7.png?1

Just jammed Secret Mage and absolutely farmed all the people playing Boy Howdy, something ridiculous like 12-1. The Warlock version puts up a better fight for the board but it has virtually no lifegain, does a lot of self-damage, and can't tutor for specific things. I'm pretty unimpressed with either list.

• Options
    Finally got a bg win with Alex. Get them cheevos.

4g87teor3i3y.jpeg

• Options
    edited January 2021
    zepherin wrote: »

Khadgar used to be dog shit. Now he’s going ham on some wacky pirate builds. Still, the build doesn’t scale as well as elementals. Also elistra’s nerf is super good against that pirate build because the pirate doesn’t die. So there isn’t like 40 pirate spawns jacking up the stats of everyone.
    The issue is more the Brann + Khadgars + tokens shenanigans and how much it can ruin lobbies and create a perverse incentive to abuse disconnecting from battles.

forty on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

The issue is more the Brann + Khadgars + tokens shenanigans and how much it can ruin lobbies and create a perverse incentive to abuse disconnecting from battles.

I actually think that it should be the tokens that get removed. Khadgar has some fun uses in combat, it's just the infinite triples from tokens thing that sucks.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

I actually think that it should be the tokens that get removed. Khadgar has some fun uses in combat, it's just the infinite triples from tokens thing that sucks.

I like tokens. Could have Khadgar only affect summons during combat.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Just get rid of Chadgar, that's the easy solution

Token minions are a good design and they're a bit skill testing which is cool. Being able to produce a Triple of the Token and then hang onto it to pop at a later turn is neat. The risk/reward factor of buying a token minion on T1 vs something with better stats so that you Won't Lose is also an interesting choice (spoilers: it's not always correct to take a token minion, especially if it means you're gonna lose turns 1 and 2!). You can also do neat stuff like leveling early by selling off the token.

Token minions are a good design, it's the interaction with Chadgar that is Bad. If they wanna preserve Chadgar's unique usecase of "summoned minions get summoned twice", remove him and pull a Menagerie Mug/Jug; reprint it as a different minion with the same intent but specifically differently worded card text to work in combat only.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    winstreaked up to legend, new poison is broken

this deck is cheap and wins games

### Aggro
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (1) Deadly Poison
    # 2x (1) Nitroboost Poison
    # 2x (1) Pen Flinger
    # 2x (1) Secret Passage
    # 2x (1) Sinister Strike
    # 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
    # 2x (1) Spymistress
    # 2x (1) Wand Thief
    # 1x (2) Cold Blood
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 1x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
    # 1x (2) Sap
    # 2x (2) Sneaky Delinquent
    # 1x (3) Cloak of Shadows
    # 2x (3) Self-Sharpening Sword
    # 2x (5) Cutting Class
    #
    AAECAd75AwSMAs0D86cD4t0DDbQBywPGBdQFiAe5uAOqywOfzQOk0QOK1APV1AP31AOB5AMA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Anyone know if there's any chance they ban/change/nerf Tickatus? That is literally the single most unfun card and interaction I've ever played against in Hearthstone.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    I'd say very unlikely in the near future, Control/Galakrond Warlock has too many survivability issues to really warrant it right now.

Perhaps in a future set where they have better lifegain options it would deserve consideration.

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I'd say very unlikely in the near future, Control/Galakrond Warlock has too many survivability issues to really warrant it right now.

Perhaps in a future set where they have better lifegain options it would deserve consideration.

Disappointing. I mean, it's less a power level issue and more a "this feels terrible to play against issue", like, not getting to play my cards is the opposite of having fun with the game. Milling is really different in HS than MTG because in HS, you've got less cards and they're just gone, in MTG half the time if you mill someone you're actively helping their gameplan, so it's not really the same. Anyways, thanks for the reply.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    i played against a mozaki mage earlier who had the mana biscuits ready and played a gadgetzan auctioneer + drew their entire deck by turn 7

tickatus really doesn't help there

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    i played against a mozaki mage earlier who had the mana biscuits ready and played a gadgetzan auctioneer + drew their entire deck by turn 7

He's still a 6-mana 8/8 minion. He's still got some punch even without his battlecry.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Hearthstone is a skill-based, fun and interactive game. :biggrin:
    I'm kidding of course, there's definitely skill involved. But the RNG in this game can truly create some bullshit, complete luck based wins appear out of nowhere. Makes for great highlight videos though.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I have played many, many games against Warlocks but I've not once seen an uncorrupted Tickatus played. Has anyone seen that happen?

• Options

### Aggro
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (1) Deadly Poison
    # 2x (1) Pen Flinger
    # 2x (1) Secret Passage
    # 2x (1) Sinister Strike
    # 2x (1) Spymistress
    # 2x (1) Wand Thief
    # 1x (2) Cold Blood
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 1x (2) Sap
    # 2x (5) Cutting Class
    #
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

What’s the muligan play with this?

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

He's still a 6-mana 8/8 minion. He's still got some punch even without his battlecry.
    I mean sometimes they just get a nuts curve, and there’s nothing you can do.

• Options

### Aggro
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (1) Deadly Poison
    # 2x (1) Pen Flinger
    # 2x (1) Secret Passage
    # 2x (1) Sinister Strike
    # 2x (1) Spymistress
    # 2x (1) Wand Thief
    # 1x (2) Cold Blood
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 1x (2) Sap
    # 2x (5) Cutting Class
    #
    #

What’s the muligan play with this?

depends who you are against but i tend to keep one secret passage and a weapon

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I have played many, many games against Warlocks but I've not once seen an uncorrupted Tickatus played. Has anyone seen that happen?

Yes I played against a priest who swapped hands with me and played an uncorrupted tickatus...they then immediately conceded. Generally playing tickatus is a winning play. With warlocks against warlock, these days it’s about who can play corrupted tickatus first. Against priests. If they can’t get a copy of tickatus from me they lose. I’ve probably played 15 games with my memelock deck against priests and I’ve only lost 3 and 2 of them had tickatus and the other played 2 Yoggs and the wheel was brutal to me.

zepherin on
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Still haven't gotten any of the new Heroes in BGs yet, fuck my luck dude

and yet they're still in EVERY SINGLE GAME

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options

Yes I played against a priest who swapped hands with me and played an uncorrupted tickatus...they then immediately conceded. Generally playing tickatus is a winning play. With warlocks against warlock, these days it’s about who can play corrupted tickatus first. Against priests. If they can’t get a copy of tickatus from me they lose. I’ve probably played 15 games with my memelock deck against priests and I’ve only lost 3 and 2 of them had tickatus and the other played 2 Yoggs and the wheel was brutal to me.

What does Uncorrupted Tickatus say when he's played? "Yes, more tickets!"?

• Options

What does Uncorrupted Tickatus say when he's played? "Yes, more tickets!"?

I play the game on mute, but I’ll figure it out tomorrow

• Options

### Aggro
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (1) Deadly Poison
    # 2x (1) Pen Flinger
    # 2x (1) Secret Passage
    # 2x (1) Sinister Strike
    # 2x (1) Spymistress
    # 2x (1) Wand Thief
    # 1x (2) Cold Blood
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 1x (2) Sap
    # 2x (5) Cutting Class
    #
    #

This deck is highly entertaining. I just killed a guy at D1 on turn 6 while playing a single minion the entire game.

• Options
    I really love this deck, it reminds me of playing Odd Rogue back in 2018. Thanks Beasteh!

UbCRqBP.png?1

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I’m playing OTK mage and it’s ridiculous and fun. Also bad.

Edit: to clarify, it’s super inconsistent. If mozaki is at the bottom of the deck, you simply lose. So you have to mulligan hard for it, even keeping it in the opening hand. It’s that important.

That said, I’ve successfully combo killed people by turn 6 thanks to mana biscuit.

I also have lost to easy matchups when mozaki is literally the last card.

sanstodo on