As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We Bid A Fond Farewell To The "Rush Limbaugh Died" Thread, Not Him

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

I can't celebrate Rush Limbaugh's death because it means his suffering is over.

Frank Connifff is the guy on the left.

rw7ybvrauvd3.png
    Counterpoint: Rush died seeing his life's work end in total failure (Democrats controlling government instead of Republicans).

nothing ever ends?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I wrote a poem about my day

“I built a bed
    5xwe3ks75ua9.jpeg
    And Rush Limbaugh is dead”

Pretty sweet day

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

rw7ybvrauvd3.png
    Counterpoint: Rush died seeing his life's work end in total failure (Democrats controlling government instead of Republicans).

Its happened before and things still ended up moving his way

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    It seems to me that not every death is sad that were it so then every person is surely doomed to sadness every life a guaranteed tragedy and that just sits over-gloomy with me one might be glad of death in rightful proportion I reckon

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Don't Speak Ill of the Dead is a rule reserved for human beings. Actual incarnated demons get no such consideration when they return to Hell to crawl back up Satan's moldy butthole where they came from. Fuck Rush Limbaugh, and fuck anyone perverse enough to mourn him.

Fuck this. Limbaugh was a HUMAN BEING.

It is vitally important to remember that Republicans, conservatives, hatemongers, etc., are are HUMAN BEINGS. Because only human beings can be so evil and disgusting. Calling these people nothing but monsters, subhuman, or demons lets them off the hook.

Rush Limbaugh was a human being. He was not a fucking demon sent here to punish us, he was a human being who formed his own opinions from and alongside other human beings. He maintained and propagated hatred and suffering not because that was his demonic contract with Satan, but because that's what human beings do to other human beings. If you don't want to acknowledge the darkest corners of the human heart, that's on your cowardice.

As has become my mantra lately, we are the same species that built pillars of skulls from sacrificial victims. Rush likely would have done quite well in previous civilizations, too.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular

“I built a bed
    5xwe3ks75ua9.jpeg

Pretty sweet day
    That's a pretty nice bed

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

“I built a bed
    5xwe3ks75ua9.jpeg

Pretty sweet day
    That's a pretty nice bed

I will forever tell my daughter(s) that their daddy built it while energized about a giant piece of shit’s death

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I'm smilin' so big, you can see my back teeth.
    q9rsi9vb5m62.jpg

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

Kelly is a political cartoonist for The Onion

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    If a public figure doesn't want me to speak ill of them when they die, they should strive to not be a boil on the ass of humanity while they are alive.

I find that this from a random twitterer is a good rule:

The rule is: if someone who would have celebrated your death dies first, you are allowed to celebrate theirs.

i mean, Rush apparently literally literally celebrated the deaths of people who died of AIDS. Like read their names on a segment of his show dedicated to celebrating when gay people died.

The only thing better than me celebrating his death is knowing that celebrating his death will piss off a lot of assholes who are still alive.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    jbnc8cdk9dxt.jpeg

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Oh, I am very late. Hello additional 3 pages.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

rw7ybvrauvd3.png

I have and will continue to

turn my crank to FRANK

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular

“I built a bed
    5xwe3ks75ua9.jpeg

Pretty sweet day

congrats your life is already far more constructive that the totality of Rush Limbaugh's.

good job on the bed.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Rush clearly deserves as much respect and dignity as he gave to AIDs patients.

Which, just to be clear, is none. Get fucked.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    DHS wrote: »
    Narbus wrote: »
    Really wish John Oliver was still on The Bugle, because this would have been such a satisfying fuck-eulogy.

Nigh orgasmic

i tweeted at him and Andy asking for this, because i need this, humanity needs this.

I'm still catching up on my podcasts, and just recently listened to the end-of-year Bugle where Oliver was back.

They play off one another SO WELL. It's easy to forget how good the flow between them was.

I adore Alice and really love the modern Bugle, the show brings in a far more diverse set of comedians who are amazingly smart and funny, and it's better for it

But I do love a good Andy/Jon Bugle, you can tell they're good friends and the patter is tremendous

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Morning radio is a blight.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I mean I guess we know the answer but I feel this way about a LOT of conservative politicians and talking heads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSQ8tZ35t4U

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    DHS wrote: »
    Narbus wrote: »
    Really wish John Oliver was still on The Bugle, because this would have been such a satisfying fuck-eulogy.

Nigh orgasmic

i tweeted at him and Andy asking for this, because i need this, humanity needs this.

I'm still catching up on my podcasts, and just recently listened to the end-of-year Bugle where Oliver was back.

They play off one another SO WELL. It's easy to forget how good the flow between them was.

I adore Alice and really love the modern Bugle, the show brings in a far more diverse set of comedians who are amazingly smart and funny, and it's better for it

But I do love a good Andy/Jon Bugle, you can tell they're good friends and the patter is tremendous

True the rotating Co-hosts are fantastic, and now that I think about Nish or Hari and of course Alice would be amazing at this Fuck Eulogy.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

This is so good, damn

p3lik0gbp5ax.png

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

This is so good, damn

p3lik0gbp5ax.png

Too good, maybe. I can just imagine too many of his fans reading this unironically.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

This is so good, damn

p3lik0gbp5ax.png

Too good, maybe. I can just imagine too many of his fans reading this unironically.

kelly's stuff shows up in the wrong places taken as 100% gospel all the fucking time

at this point he's working for the republicans

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular

This is so good, damn

p3lik0gbp5ax.png

Should have had the red carpet leading to an express elevator to hell with the party in the pearly gates off to the side

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

This is so good, damn

p3lik0gbp5ax.png

kelly's stuff shows up in the wrong places taken as 100% gospel all the fucking time

at this point he's working for the republicans

no

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    are we genuinely having this conversation over a comic where God zaps Rush Limbaugh repeatedly with cancer

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Really? I thought "ZAP! ~~CANCER~~" and the cigars should be enough to make it pretty clear..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    are we genuinely having this conversation over a comic where God zaps Rush Limbaugh repeatedly with cancer

i don't think you're really embracing how god damn ridiculous a lot of conservatives are

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Can people provide examples with Rush being a shit heal. The only time I've personal heard his BS was in regard to the conspiracy theory shit around the school shooting.

I ask because my boss loves the guy and I need more ammunition.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

i don't think you're really embracing how god damn ridiculous a lot of conservatives are

i don't think i'm the one who's not thinking during this exchange

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    it is one thing to say some right wing people might read this as sincere

its WAY different yo say "and therefore Kelly is working for the republicans"

youre missing several nails in your house there

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Kruite wrote: »
    Can people provide examples with Rush being a shit heal. The only time I've personal heard his BS was in regard to the conspiracy theory shit around the school shooting.

6a37cxal3l6f.png

From the Iowa Cedar Gazette in 1990
    lw6u64n44x0r.png

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Called a young woman a slut and a prostitute for testifying before Congrews in pursuit of support for contraceptive access.

Would play the theme song from....Sanford and Sons? Whenever mentioning Carol Moseley Braun.

Spent years advocating for and celebrating the deaths of drug addicts while himself addicted to drugs. Got a nice posh rehab when it was found out.

Was pretty viscious to Chelsea Clinton when she was a little kid. Called her ugly and such.

Had a bit for a while where he read off the names of aids victims with airhorns and fireworks

Told a black caller to
    take the bone out of his nose

I mea it goes on and on. He was just an irredeemable piece of shit from start to finish.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

In my experience you're wasting your time. If someone is that far down the bigot hole, there's no helping them.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Taking a shit on his grave sounds like fun times, but he was so toxic I can only assume wherever they bury his body will be declared a Superfund site and locked off.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Don't Speak Ill of the Dead is a rule reserved for human beings. Actual incarnated demons get no such consideration when they return to Hell to crawl back up Satan's moldy butthole where they came from. Fuck Rush Limbaugh, and fuck anyone perverse enough to mourn him.

It is vitally important to remember that Republicans, conservatives, hatemongers, etc., are are HUMAN BEINGS. Because only human beings can be so evil and disgusting. Calling these people nothing but monsters, subhuman, or demons lets them off the hook.

Rush Limbaugh was a human being. He was not a fucking demon sent here to punish us, he was a human being who formed his own opinions from and alongside other human beings. He maintained and propagated hatred and suffering not because that was his demonic contract with Satan, but because that's what human beings do to other human beings. If you don't want to acknowledge the darkest corners of the human heart, that's on your cowardice.

Kiss my whole ass dude. If you really want to pick a fight, I will bring a whole fucking fight.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

In my experience you're wasting your time. If someone is that far down the bigot hole, there's no helping them.

Yeah if someone's a big fan, any bad thing Rush did is probably a positive to them. He's not like a secret bigot. The problem is he was so good at exporting his bigotry and bile it shifted culture.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular

Kiss my whole ass dude. If you really want to pick a fight, I will bring a whole fucking fight.

Please, people, Rush Limbaugh’s death is supposed to bring us together

l3icwZV.png
This discussion has been closed.