As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Power Rangers fans always seem to get screwed on anything that isn't Mighty Morphin

Or atleast western fans anyways

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    The Zeo series was the one they introduced after the MMPR series was finally retired. The changeable helmets were supposed to give it various powers so that much is keeping in line with the actual show, but the Zeo series has had no attention since 1996 and they go and put out a Megazord that can't even transform or combine.

Ahh ok. I had to go look up if there were any older toys (I didn't look far) that actually combined. The straight designs from the show were rather interesting. The two lower legs were turret vehicles with tank bottoms? That is an interesting change from the all animal/monster teams. It really looked interesting and yeah that sucks that this is what they are giving you years later as a retro toy? Man, that sucks.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Apologies for the double posting but I just got my Vintage Moff Gideon in and had to take some quick photos of him.
    The obligatory bad guy pose.

moff_gideon_01.jpg
    Moff Gideon after the end of Season 1 and Season 2.

moff_gideon_02.jpg

Walk like an Egyptian...

moff_gideon_03.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I’m definitely of the age group where when MMPR first aired, I was all about it, but as the original cast rotated out, I stopped caring, so I’m definitely that main target audience, lol

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    The Zeo series was the one they introduced after the MMPR series was finally retired. The changeable helmets were supposed to give it various powers so that much is keeping in line with the actual show, but the Zeo series has had no attention since 1996 and they go and put out a Megazord that can't even transform or combine.

Ahh ok. I had to go look up if there were any older toys (I didn't look far) that actually combined. The straight designs from the show were rather interesting. The two lower legs were turret vehicles with tank bottoms? That is an interesting change from the all animal/monster teams. It really looked interesting and yeah that sucks that this is what they are giving you years later as a retro toy? Man, that sucks.

The Super Zeo Megazord was even more divergent. It was just... shapes. Yeah, you got a Megazord made of a square, a circle, a triangle, a star, and equals. And its carrier was just a pyramid. Sure ok. It was one of my favorite designs though for originality but I think Hasbro is going to end up cheating out on that too.

• Options

The Super Zeo Megazord was even more divergent. It was just... shapes. Yeah, you got a Megazord made of a square, a circle, a triangle, a star, and equals. And its carrier was just a pyramid. Sure ok. It was one of my favorite designs though for originality but I think Hasbro is going to end up cheating out on that too.

I'll be honest. I thought the shapes above the pilots' heads were their actual mask/head till I looked closer. At least those minibots still had some transformation to them. Odd looking bodies with the shapes, but still transformed.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Quick Maverick thoughts:

Overall robot build reminds me a lot of the Bayverse style.

I think an enterprising individual could spend an afternoon figuring out a Gerwalk transformation.

The additional items are two alternate hands (for the volleyball), a volleyball, and motorcycle. I do not see any place to store them in Maverick, so keeping them together (let alone not losing any of them) will be challenging.

There is some amusing flavor text on the instructions.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Nobody wrote: »
    Quick Maverick thoughts:

Overall robot build reminds me a lot of the Bayverse style.

I think an enterprising individual could spend an afternoon figuring out a Gerwalk transformation.

The additional items are two alternate hands (for the volleyball), a volleyball, and motorcycle. I do not see any place to store them in Maverick, so keeping them together (let alone not losing any of them) will be challenging.

There is some amusing flavor text on the instructions.

You mean like this?
    TF_Maverick_Gerwalk.jpg

I took mine out of the box a few days ago and have fun transforming him back and forth. I'm not sure where I'm going to stuff the bike, hands and volleyball when I put it on display. Think I might keep it in bot mode to put the volleyball on it. Just not sure since I don't know if it can transform with those hands on it. The weathering doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Edit: Put the image behind spoilers since it is a pretty big size. Also didn't realize I left the front landing gear out. Oops!

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yeah Maverick is legitimately “not bad” in either form. My only real complaint is the kibble and how easy they are going to be able to lose.

• Options
    Funko update, new shelf again! I'm up to about 4 shelves, the newest one for display. Took some out of the box to show off and I'm loving the look of it.
    mkiaohad3bro.jpg
    g01reufyzsza.jpg
    3gd5t8odnajx.jpg
    n5h3c2ckffh9.jpg

• Options
    They look nice out of their boxes. Also loving the themes.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Hey everyone.

The SE++ toys thread isn't really getting much traction, and I know I post in a lot of other threads (board games, gunpla, lego in D&D)...

Be honest, my feelings won't be hurt: Would you like me to post any of my toy updates and things in here? Or is that just too much spam?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I personally don’t see the issue. Post your cool toy stuff!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

The SE++ toys thread isn't really getting much traction, and I know I post in a lot of other threads (board games, gunpla, lego in D&D)...

Be honest, my feelings won't be hurt: Would you like me to post any of my toy updates and things in here? Or is that just too much spam?

There was another Toys thread? Didn't know that. I'm with @Forever Zefiro in saying post away!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hey everyone.

There was another Toys thread? Didn't know that. I'm with @Forever Zefiro in saying post away!

We tried after the holiday hangout. It hasn't really gotten much traction. :)

Anyways, my latest Transformer arrived today!

3dlomOch.jpg

It's a remold of Studio Series Jetfire, and like its companions I likely won't be unboxing it. But it is definitely straight out of the 90s.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Mine also just showed up. I... will probably open it... eventually

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Oh fun. I posted that pic to my friends, and one who also does collecting pointed out that he was able to get Optimus Primal and Cheetor... but only because a scalper was unable to scoop the entire restock into his arms, and accidentally dropped a couple.

• Options
    I skipped the X-men one because I was never that attached to them, but if they want to rerelease one of the Star Wars transformers as a crossover I’d be down.
    If they can get the rights to do the APC from Aliens...

• Options
    Hey everyone.

There was another Toys thread? Didn't know that. I'm with Forever Zefiro in saying post away!

We tried after the holiday hangout. It hasn't really gotten much traction. :)

Anyways, my latest Transformer arrived today!

3dlomOch.jpg

It's a remold of Studio Series Jetfire, and like its companions I likely won't be unboxing it. But it is definitely straight out of the 90s.

Ahhh, see you guys should have just come here instead.

I haven't opened my Ectotron yet, but the other two I have and they are fun to play with (of course I have 2 Gigawatts to keep one in the box). Sucks that Gigawatt's head scrapes the time circuit panel when transforming and can take off some of the numbers on the bottom row. Someone posted their fix to cut off the tabs so the panel can swing either way, but that sucks that people have done it to get it to not scrape. Personally I might shave down the head horns a bit... But we'll see.

I didn't realize that X-Spanse uses the Studio Jetfire engineering. Shouldn't be surprised since it really does look similar when viewed from the bottom. I also didn't realize that it is the 2021 crossover piece. Read a rumor that the next 2021 one is going to be a Jurassic Park/World crossover with the T-Rex. Guessing reusing the new Megatron toy?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I skipped the X-men one because I was never that attached to them, but if they want to rerelease one of the Star Wars transformers as a crossover I’d be down.

The Star Wars Crossovers were mostly crud though, owing to the fact that getting a robot into the sleek Star Wars forms was... tough. And not good. I do have quite a few of them, of course.

Now, Takara/Tomy did a unique Darth Vader a couple years back that was supposedly much better, and of course I own both the pinnacles of the old line (Han Solo / Chewbacca to the Falcon, and the Darth Vader death star), but... yeah, dunno if those will come to the states.

• Options

The Star Wars Crossovers were mostly crud though, owing to the fact that getting a robot into the sleek Star Wars forms was... tough. And not good. I do have quite a few of them, of course.

Now, Takara/Tomy did a unique Darth Vader a couple years back that was supposedly much better, and of course I own both the pinnacles of the old line (Han Solo / Chewbacca to the Falcon, and the Darth Vader death star), but... yeah, dunno if those will come to the states.

That’s a shame, I shied away from them when they were in stores because I was indifferent towards Star Wars, but an x-Wing done properly would be amazing.

I didn't realize that X-Spanse uses the Studio Jetfire engineering. Shouldn't be surprised since it really does look similar when viewed from the bottom. I also didn't realize that it is the 2021 crossover piece. Read a rumor that the next 2021 one is going to be a Jurassic Park/World crossover with the T-Rex. Guessing reusing the new Megatron toy?

That was the rumor I read.

Also apparently KITT from Knight Rider was going to be one but that fell through.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Star Wars crossovers also fell into the trap of "character vehicle turns into a robot that is basically the character in question" which resulted in dumb stuff like a giant Han Solo robot.

I much more like the collaborative method of creating a new character for the crossover toy.

• Options

That’s a shame, I shied away from them when they were in stores because I was indifferent towards Star Wars, but an x-Wing done properly would be amazing.

That was the rumor I read.

Also apparently KITT from Knight Rider was going to be one but that fell through.

I have one of those X-Wing Transformers still in the box since I liked the idea and didn't attempt to take it out.

That sucks about the rumor of KITT falling through. That would have been really awesome... Oh well, guess I'll have to design my own. Now that I think about it, probably could make my own somehow (along with the A-Team Van).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Star Wars crossovers also fell into the trap of "character vehicle turns into a robot that is basically the character in question" which resulted in dumb stuff like a giant Han Solo robot.

I much more like the collaborative method of creating a new character for the crossover toy.

We should have gotten Mega Maid.

• Options
    I saw the recent Cheetor figure at walmart tonight and had to really convince myself not to get it. It was very nostalgic to see for sure.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Hey everyone.

Heyo, I've seen you voice this concern in a couple of different threads, and I'm just gonna say it one time here so as not to lay it on too thick all over the place.

This is a dork-ass thread in a dork-ass forum. Please post all of your dork-ass things, because that is literally the only thing we are here for. Please.

None of your posts in any sub-forum could ever be mistaken for spam. This is a community, and the point of it is to commune with each other. You're good, we're good, everyone's all good, now show us your plastic.

• Options
    So anybody want a Bandai DX Roy VF-1S Valkyrie? HLJ has it in stock and for MSRP! This is crazy and probably won't last long.

https://www.hlj.com/dx-chogokin-first-limited-edition-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bans60502

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I mean that’s cooool, but I’d rather put my money towards this:

https://www.hlj.com/riobot-super-robot-wars-og-henkei-gattai-srx-set88048

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    So anybody want a Bandai DX Roy VF-1S Valkyrie? HLJ has it in stock and for MSRP! This is crazy and probably won't last long.

https://www.hlj.com/dx-chogokin-first-limited-edition-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bans60502

I've never clicked a link so fast... only to see it was discontinued / out of stock.

I wonder if they'll make the YF-19 & 21 in that style.

Athenor on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I mean that’s cooool, but I’d rather put my money towards this:

https://www.hlj.com/riobot-super-robot-wars-og-henkei-gattai-srx-set88048
    One of the problems with having this kind of dumb brain is that I don't even now what robots those are, where they're from (I guess Super Robot Wars), what the company is, really nothing... and my brain just goes "huh cool robots want".

• Options
    edited March 2021

I've never clicked a link so fast... only to see it was discontinued / out of stock.

I wonder if they'll make the YF-19 & 21 in that style.

Yeah it was up for a long time (a few hours). Long time for a Macross Bandai DX that is. They already made a DX YF-29 and a VF-29 (from the Macross Delta Movie) before. They showed off a DX YF-29 last year but nothing has come from that announcement yet. Rumors that it was coming out this year so everybody is waiting for the news. Meanwhile Arcadia put up their re-re(-re?)-release of their YF-29 for preorder to come out in August. https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-macross-plus-transformable-yf-19-with-fast-pack-reissue-aca82042-2

For those who don't know, Arcadia is a smaller company that makes Macross licensed toys. They got most of the molds and licenses from Yamato before (after?) they went under so they have been re-releasing their toys again. They also do a Perfect Finish versions of some of them that has increased tampos and in one case (VF-0D) weathered painting.

So to add to this thread of photos of sexy plastic I wanted to make a photo shoot of a 3P (third party/not-licensed) Transformer that @Delduwath tempted me in buying.

The Transformer is based off of IDW's comic version of Orion Pax (later became Optimus Prime) when he was on Cybertron.
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime_(G1)/2005_IDW_continuity#Orion_Pax:_Supercop
    The toy is from the company known as Mastermind Creations and named Reformatted R-48 Optus Pexus. His transformation is somewhat simple for today's standards, but he is a whole lot of fun once you have him in bot mode. That is where all of my photos are from. He really, REALLY has a ton of posing ability. I was having so much fun posing him that I forgot to take a photo of him in vehicle mode. Let me know if you want a photo of that.

For now, here are the photos!

Warning, lots and lots of photos.
    Optus_YMCA.jpg

Optus_Pexus_01.jpg

Optus_Pexus_02.jpg

Optus_Pexus_03.jpg

Optus_Pexus_04.jpg

Optus_Pexus_08.jpg

Optus_Pexus_09.jpg

Now for some NSFW photos that the Azalea demanded.
    Optus_Pexus_05.jpg

Optus_Pexus_06.jpg

Optus_Pexus_07.jpg

Yeah, he has definitely replaced my previous desk bot of choice.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Oh my god, someone is redoing the yamato molds?!?!?!

Edit: 18 years... 18 fucking years I've wanted this...

Athenor on
  • Options

Yep. They were reborn as Arcadia. Look up the website Anymoon (Scorched Earth or something like that) reviews. He has a pretty good list and say goodbye to your wallet. They recently redid the VF-1J with GBP armor last summer. I think you can pick it you can still buy it from Amazon Japan for retail.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Yep. They were reborn as Arcadia. Look up the website Anymoon (Scorched Earth or something like that) reviews. He has a pretty good list and say goodbye to your wallet. They recently redid the VF-1J with GBP armor last summer. I think you can pick it you can still buy it from Amazon Japan for retail.

Being 1/60 scale is also perfect with my perfect grades.

CURSE YOU! THANK YOU!

• Options

Being 1/60 scale is also perfect with my perfect grades.

CURSE YOU! THANK YOU!

Here you go. All on HLJ.

https://www.hlj.com/search/?q=Vf-1J

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Oh God, Super parts...

• Options
    So let's say, for the sake of argument, that I just dropped $600 + on Macross stuff from my childhood.

And let's say display stands aren't included.

@Betsuni , as you are hypothetically bringing this curse on me, do you have any recommendations for compatible display stands?

• Options
    So let's say, for the sake of argument, that I just dropped $600 + on Macross stuff from my childhood.

And let's say display stands aren't included.

Betsuni , as you are hypothetically bringing this curse on me, do you have any recommendations for compatible display stands?

Yikes. Well I know how that feels since I dropped a ton on Macross since I got back into it. For flight stands I have read that Yeti Stands are awesome, but he hasn't been making any since COVID-19. I did read there are others that people are buying to display them in Fighter mode.

Think these are what people use in the meantime if you can find them.

https://flightpose.com/

There is an official Arcadia stand that looks like the launch arm from the Do You Remember Love movie, but not sure if they are in stock anywhere.

https://www.hlj.com/macross-do-you-remember-love-macross-variable-stand-aca82145

It is pretty big from the photos I saw.

As for the VF-1J with Supers. I know that last year HLJ put the Milia version on sale so maybe they'll do it again for Golden Week? Dunno. Previous to that year they put the Max and Milia versions on sale both PF and regular.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The Milia's the one I like the look of. I actually haven't pulled the trigger on the second one just yet. Thanks for the head's up to keep my eyes open.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    The Milia's the one I like the look of. I actually haven't pulled the trigger on the second one just yet. Thanks for the head's up to keep my eyes open.

Ah yeah, they put her Valkyrie on sale the most. Wonder if they'll do it again for the next sale since they are the only ones that are still selling them for retail long after they were released.

I should take a photo of my "Macross" area with all the newer ones I have.

Edit: Took an updated photo of the collection. I realize that I am going to have to shoehorn in a DX VF-1D coming this year and the Arcadia YF-19... Hmm, maybe I will cancel the 19 now that I see I have no room in the area.
    Macross_Shelf_02.jpg

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png