Options

What is the strongest animal that [chat] can take on bare-handed?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Wolf
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I walked five blocks to the movies but I’ve had several near-syncope episodes since and can’t catch my breath so I’m gonna go to the ER for funsies

Movie was a good time though

What did you see? My cinema has started up its newsletters again and the new releases are slim pickings

Black Widow

Light stuff, but still good fun. Would have been a lot more weighty to see in the original post-Civil War context

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Atomika do they ever give Taskmaster a better mask then that crap thats in the trailers?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Wolf
    @Atomika do they ever give Taskmaster a better mask then that crap thats in the trailers?

The mask stays the same but there are some aspects to it that aren’t shown in the trailers

It’s still a very edgelord costume, perhaps the most out of any Marvel costume

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Goose
    Bad week for vehicle accidents.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Why do we all have the same nerve damage

In my case, I'm a little suspicious that it has to do with having gotten my second Covid shot. After the shot, I had a sore shoulder on my left, and then a week later the nerve pinch happened on my right, so I'm guessing that there may have been some inflammation that led to the pinch.

Buuuuut, that's all guesses and coincidence.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    I walked five blocks to the movies but I’ve had several near-syncope episodes since and can’t catch my breath so I’m gonna go to the ER for funsies

Movie was a good time though

I hope you feel better soon. :bro:

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Daddy two vaccine as of five minutes ago
    Had them put it in my right arm since my left is tingles

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I finished one route in Doki Doki Literature Club. Made some cupcakes! Kawaii.
    hah. Fuuuuuuuck. I'd been spoilered on that suicide scene, but fuck me it was still rough to see.

Now Sayori appears to have been removed from the story and we going again, with Monika inserting herself as the third girl. Oof.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    so I think I have done some damage to my arm and its worrying me I get shooting pains in my arm and elbow depending on how I move it.

Cant really describe it otherwise but its not going away.

guess I should go schedule a drs appt.

how does it feel aside from the shooting pain

like, a little tingly or a little numb or just a little off?

also, are you feeling it in your fingers - and if so, is it just half of them?
    Wait what could this be. I went to the doctor for this and they were???

I've had tingly left finger tips for a week and it's driving me crazy. They told me to come back if it doesn't to away in another week.

pinched nerve

based on all my vast medical knowledge

by which I mean: like having pulled a muscle or something wouldn't feel like that, since it's so off, right? You can't hurt exactly the right side of your entire arm. Also the tinglyness, nerve stuff tends to feel tingly while few other things do, right?

and when we say pinched nerve it's not that the nerve is being pinched by something somehow, more that it got pinched - or just got hit in the wrong way or for some reason or other is inflamed now and it's going to go away as it goes back to normal, it's just going to feel really annoying while it does

akin to a bruise, is another analogy I've read

edit: which is probably why they said come back after a while since everything's normal (just annoying) if it does go away.

disclaimer: I definitely have a medical license and the internet is the best place for sound medical advice and as an additional fun fact I'm pretty sure I can't be sued by you

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    God my nerve pinch made it feel like the BONE in my arm was bruised.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

In my case, I'm a little suspicious that it has to do with having gotten my second Covid shot. After the shot, I had a sore shoulder on my left, and then a week later the nerve pinch happened on my right, so I'm guessing that there may have been some inflammation that led to the pinch.

oooh I hadn't even thought about that being a possible side effect. I mean, duh, now that you say it, inflammations all around are likely.

Some get bigger tits, some get to go around flexing their fingers in annoyance. I'm getting my first short next week in the middle of a sailing trip, I hope I get any side effect but that, I'll get grumpy.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

oooh I hadn't even thought about that being a possible side effect. I mean, duh, now that you say it, inflammations all around are likely.

Some get bigger tits, some get to go around flexing their fingers in annoyance. I'm getting my first short next week in the middle of a sailing trip, I hope I get any side effect but that, I'll get grumpy.

The only side effect I think you need to worry about is the 5-10% chance it'll turn you Danish.

• Options
    apropos nothing 7:10

the greatest speech I've heard in a videogame

https://youtu.be/UKrwnPEKi5c
    YOU OWN THE BIGGEST PENISES IN FRANCE! NAPOLEON LOVES YOU! YOU'RE GOING TO COME WITH ME, WE'RE GOING TO KILL THOSE PIG-DOGS! WE'RE GOING TO TAKE THEIR WOMEN; AND WE'RE GOING TO SATISFY THEM!
    PRESS THE B BUTTON, ALLONS-Y!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Trace wrote: »

The only side effect I think you need to worry about is the 5-10% chance it'll turn you Danish.

well, then I'll just tie an anchor to my feet and jump in

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    so I think I have done some damage to my arm and its worrying me I get shooting pains in my arm and elbow depending on how I move it.

I've had tingly left finger tips for a week and it's driving me crazy. They told me to come back if it doesn't to away in another week.

pinched nerve

by which I mean: like having pulled a muscle or something wouldn't feel like that, since it's so off, right? You can't hurt exactly the right side of your entire arm. Also the tinglyness, nerve stuff tends to feel tingly while few other things do, right?

and when we say pinched nerve it's not that the nerve is being pinched by something somehow, more that it got pinched - or just got hit in the wrong way or for some reason or other is inflamed now and it's going to go away as it goes back to normal, it's just going to feel really annoying while it does

edit: which is probably why they said come back after a while since everything's normal (just annoying) if it does go away.

disclaimer: I definitely have a medical license and the internet is the best place for sound medical advice and as an additional fun fact I'm pretty sure I can't be sued by you
    We are EU brüder now Andy. I'll see you in court!!!!

Yeah I think you're right. It does not help that I use my arms in super weird positions for laboratory work for hours at a time. I definitely pinched a nerve.

• Options

pinched nerve

We are EU brüder now Andy. I'll see you in court!!!!

Yeah I think you're right. It does not help that I use my arms in super weird positions for laboratory work for hours at a time. I definitely pinched a nerve.

okay I checked and being in the EEC you can definitely sue me

but we're not fully in the EU so you'll at least never get our fish!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Daddy two vaccine as of five minutes ago
    Had them put it in my right arm since my left is tingles

I rebooked mine yesterday so I'll be double jabbed in a couple of weeks

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Goose
    in loopholes:
    As a threshold matter, it isn't even clear which law applies. There are two constitutions that provide different paths to replace the President. According to the 1987 Constitution, "if the presidency is vacant for any reason, the country's most senior judge should step in." However, "the head of the nation's highest court died of Covid-19 in June." It isn't clear if the senior associate judge could step into the seat of the presiding judge. In 2012, the Constitution was amended. Under this new document, the President would be "replaced by a council of ministers, under the guidance of the prime minister." But that provision does not apply "if the president was in the fourth year of office." And the assassinated President was in his fourth year of office. If the president was in his fourth year, then "Parliament would vote for a provisional president." But there is no functional parliament! "The lower house is entirely vacant — their terms expired last year — leaving [former President] Mr. Moise to govern by decree for about a year."

Under Haitian law, the president appoints the prime minister, and he must be approved by the parliament. Now, two people are claiming to be the prime minister. Two days before the President was assassinated, he appointed a new prime minister. But he was never confirmed by the parliament. There is another person, who claims to be the "interim" prime minister who is exercising power. (It isn't clear what gave him the authority to claim that title.) And the interim prime minister has placed the country under martial law.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    in loopholes:
    As a threshold matter, it isn't even clear which law applies. There are two constitutions that provide different paths to replace the President. According to the 1987 Constitution, "if the presidency is vacant for any reason, the country's most senior judge should step in." However, "the head of the nation's highest court died of Covid-19 in June." It isn't clear if the senior associate judge could step into the seat of the presiding judge. In 2012, the Constitution was amended. Under this new document, the President would be "replaced by a council of ministers, under the guidance of the prime minister." But that provision does not apply "if the president was in the fourth year of office." And the assassinated President was in his fourth year of office. If the president was in his fourth year, then "Parliament would vote for a provisional president." But there is no functional parliament! "The lower house is entirely vacant — their terms expired last year — leaving [former President] Mr. Moise to govern by decree for about a year."

Under Haitian law, the president appoints the prime minister, and he must be approved by the parliament. Now, two people are claiming to be the prime minister. Two days before the President was assassinated, he appointed a new prime minister. But he was never confirmed by the parliament. There is another person, who claims to be the "interim" prime minister who is exercising power. (It isn't clear what gave him the authority to claim that title.) And the interim prime minister has placed the country under martial law.

jesus christ

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    The dog looks like her owner just told her that and it came as a bit of a shock.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Chanus
    japan wrote: »

It’s like this woman has been my owner for the past 3 years…

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    by the way, being in the EU, do you have any inkling as to what the EU is thinking with the fishing quotas in norwegian waters dispute that's going on? Like, is it something you've even read in passing?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    it just kinda feels one-sided in that like, we care, but there isn't any "the eu public debate" so it feels a little faceless

like I doubt people in paris going around being incensed about fishing quota negotiations, so it feels a little like the EU is trying very specifically to annoy the piss out of norwegians without really having a strong reason to - like fish is important, it's a large part of why we're not actually in the EU

also for context: the EU has had a fishing quota in norwegian waters for a long time. After brexit, the norwegian take is that the EU quota gets reduced by britain's share, and they get that. The EU disagrees, which is fair enough, but then they just issued itself a quota and said to go ahead to eu fishermen

to which the response was, no, fuck off, the coast guard will arrest anyone fishing illegally because norway sets quotas for norwegian waters, what are you doing?

and it all feels rather unnecessary as far as conflicts go, and I don't see what EU really has to gain from taking the tack they're taking.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    at least we all agree anime was a mistake

Na

62ed5253c7b346ab738ff383d6.jpg

Don't you dare besmirch smear frames!

DdehH8oVQAAMo8x?format=jpg&name=small

• Options
    Oof. Small prop plane accident (the plane, not the accident) here in Sweden. All nine people on board dead, one pilot and eight parachuters.

High chance my sister knew someone, the parachuting community in Sweden isn't that big.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Oof. Small prop plane accident (the plane, not the accident) here in Sweden. All nine people on board dead, one pilot and eight parachuters.

High chance my sister knew someone, the parachuting community in Sweden isn't that big.

yeah, I caught that news, too

seems the season for news that are just oof

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The main EU news here is about Northern Ireland and about Switzerland (who stepped out of the 'framework talks this spring after 7 years, which is causing their 100+ treaties to become outdated one by one)

Even the Swiss thing is only appearing in 'high class' newspapers.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DdehIneV4AMSNXk?format=jpg&name=small

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Aumk7gH.jpg

• Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    The main EU news here is about Northern Ireland and about Switzerland (who stepped out of the 'framework talks this spring after 7 years, which is causing their 100+ treaties to become outdated one by one)

some experts consulted here are even going "I dunno, I mean, it could just be... a mistake?"

since the EU has never really challenged our interpretation of the svalbard treaty and it came kind of out of left field that they'd be more aggressive about it than even the soviet union was back in the day

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    man, Jim Steranko's work on Uncanny X-Men #50 is so many miles beyond anything else published around the same time

it's the first issue between reading X-Men and the Avengers from the start that i've actually stopped and gawped at the artwork on every page

the art for both comics starts getting significantly better around 1967 and stops being both so Sunday Funnies in style and having six characters in every panel all spouting a full paragraph of dialog

but even still that issue is just like a masterpiece

actually @Jacobkosh since we were talking about the artwork before and also to prove i'm only joking as i constantly shit on these early issues hehe

@Chanus I really love the early early Marvel stuff but it's definitely the case that Kirby did rush work on everything that wasn't Fantastic Four. Many times he just did layouts and most of the actual art was by the inker. Also, unfortunately, if the inker was Vince Colletta, who had a job because he had an uncle in the mob, he would just erase most of Kirby's pencils and backgrounds to make them easier to ink over. And some of the other non-Kirby artists like Don Heck were very whatever. The late 60s/early 70s are where the bar starts getting seriously raised between guys like Steranko, Neal Adams, and John Buscema.

have you checked out Steranko's Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD yet? It's probably his best work. Just incredible craftsmanship that really pushed at the boundaries. This shit is my catnip.

Nick_Fury_007_03.jpg

@Jacobkosh i added it to my reading list when i googled Steranko and read that was essentially his magnum opus

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Idk why but I extremely love alligator Tycho and Gabe uiq2vebmzimv.jpg

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Chanus

some experts consulted here are even going "I dunno, I mean, it could just be... a mistake?"

since the EU has never really challenged our interpretation of the svalbard treaty and it came kind of out of left field that they'd be more aggressive about it than even the soviet union was back in the day
    I searched the googles about it. Nothing current about fishery and Norway in German.

• Options
    this has been a weirdly long morning

it's only noon and I definitely feel like I've already done all of friday and it is now late friday night

putting a bit of cognac into my coffee might have had something to do with that

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Goose
    I really like Patrick Wilson, I hope he doesn’t suck personally.

He’s generic as hell but in a very pleasant way.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Haphazard wrote: »

I searched the googles about it. Nothing current about fishery and Norway in German.

searching for news in google has became rather shit lately but there should be something if it was a thing

I'm putting my dollar on "some bureaucrats plain made an error" which is, you know, a great way to do international diplomacy

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DibbitDibbit Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Eagle
    by the way, being in the EU, do you have any inkling as to what the EU is thinking with the fishing quotas in norwegian waters dispute that's going on? Like, is it something you've even read in passing?

It's not big news in the EU, This is the Svalbard thing, right?
    It's been while, but the way it has been explained here makes Norway look quite unreasonable, namely:
    - There's a treaty about who owns Svalbard, in very short, it's Norway, but only if they allow non-discriminatory hunting and fishing access to certain parties (the signatories)
    - Norway changed it's requirements / license on catching crab in the territorial waters
    - Some EU fishermen was arrested for catching crab without a license
    - He objects, says he was discriminated against.
    - Judge says that "nonsense, a Norwegian would also be arrested if he fished without a license"
    - Article one of the license says "Can not be issued to non-Norwegians"
    - Making the Judge technically correct, but in a most unjust way.

Dibbit on
This discussion has been closed.