Options

What kind is chip is best [chat]

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Frito
    The Hawk that has been chilling on my fence post is fucking huge. I thought at first it was an Eagle. I haven't been able to get a picture yet but it's an apex bird.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    The audio from the first shoebill video could be used unedited as a gunfight with velociraptors in the next Jurassic World movie...

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    You'll be shocked to learn that there's not a lot to do in Ålesund Airport, Vigra

Although now the kiosk is open, as is the Upper Crust and the bar so there's the option to spend money at least

But since all three are staffed by the same woman who keeps walking back and forth between all the registers, that mostly involves just standing in line

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Man, i'm disappointed in my FFIII party.

My two physical attackers can deal a LOT more damage with regular attacks than my main offensive caster can with his Highest level spell (Of which he only has 4 charges)

Maybe equipping both with 2 ultimate swords each was a mistake?

No, it is the casters who are wrong.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    A US gun company is facing a backlash for producing a pistol that looks like a children's toy made of Lego.

A well thought through idea, certainly.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Frito
    The classic casters vs melee DPS conundrum

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Kettle
    I forgot to mention an important part of tonight’s visit

There were four dogs, all of which kept coming up and demanding pets

Seriously it was a constant stream of pet the dog, pet the next dog, pet the next dog etc.

This one little terrier kept curling up next to me on the couch

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tortilla
    can't have a toy gun that looks too real so they put orange caps on the end but what about a real gun that looks too toy

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    The classic casters vs melee DPS conundrum

Ideally, in my opinion, Casters should always have an edge if they're expending finite resources to deal damage over the physical DPS classes.

Anyway, i gotta grind a bit more before i'm ready to face the Crystal Tower's regular encounters which are all miniboss-level at the weakest.

And they don't give out that much XP either. real rip-off.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    more like Shit-stal Tower

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

the monsters there are not shit. they're the opposite of shit. they're tihs.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Sun
    FFIII was the only GBA/DS era remake I never finished. The game felt weirdly punishing/bullshit; it somehow put enough rails on player brokenness and the plot to "fix" being too powerful, but still made hard encounters with limited save access.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    A US gun company is facing a backlash for producing a pistol that looks like a children's toy made of Lego.

A well thought through idea, certainly.

Yikes

q6eP6hL.jpeg

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

the monsters there are not shit. they're the opposite of shit. they're tihs.

more like Tihstal Tower

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Frito
    “We have been building guns out of blocks for the last 30 years and wanted to flip the script to aggravate Mom,” Provo-based Culper Precision explained on its website. It went on to argue that personal defense is a right granted by God and that gun ownership is protected by the Constitution before getting to the most important reason the company was selling “BLOCK19,” as the design was named, for $549 to $765, depending on the specifics.

“There is a satisfaction that can ONLY be found in the shooting sports and this is just one small way to break the rhetoric from Anti-Gun folks and draw attention to the fact that the shooting sports are SUPER FUN!” the site proclaimed, exuding a bravado that would prove to be short-lived. “Here’s the thing. Guns are fun. Shooting is fun. 30 rounds full auto is fun.”

See these are the people I want to ban from owning guns.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Frito
    apropos of the conversation from 10 hours ago, the intellivision had a ton of fantastic games I wish could be ported

like Dungeons & Dragons: Treasure of Tarmin, one of the first first-person games ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqhCM5Ntllo

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tortilla
    i am impressed just how much the US is beyond the ability to parody

• Options
    Whew, good thing it was pulled off the market.

Wouldn't want it going around violating a trademark.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Frito
    milski wrote: »
    FFIII was the only GBA/DS era remake I never finished. The game felt weirdly punishing/bullshit; it somehow put enough rails on player brokenness and the plot to "fix" being too powerful, but still made hard encounters with limited save access.

I did finish it but by the end it was definitely out of spite

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Shooting is pretty fun

Not sure that making a gun practically begging to be picked up by a child is the best way to express that, though

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Frito
    Like, when I'm God King, if your argument starts with "those anti-gun people" or "granted by God" I'm taking away your gun(s)

• Options
    Maybe they fixed stuff in the steam release? I didn’t hit that much in the way of punishing. It’s more challenging IMO.

• Options
    Frito
    Whew, good thing it was pulled off the market.

Wouldn't want it going around violating a trademark.

I mean it was probably LEGO's only actual recourse to impede this gross thing

• Options
    Tortilla
    i used to be pretty okay with responsible gun ownership and stuff but gun people have so eroded any credibility i might have once been willing to extend

ban them all, confiscate them all and melt them down

it's well past time the worst elements have ruined it for everybody

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    yes that gun is awful and i hate it

but Block19 is very funny

• Options
  • Options
    Frito
    Yeah there's idiocy on every side. Toy guns / pellet guns designed to look indistinguishable from the real thing. Real guns that look like toys. There was like an infamous cell phone holder designed to look like a pistol grip tucked into your pocket.

Just a bunch of real dumbass manchildren out there designing products that create real risk for everyone involved.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Frito
    Chanus wrote: »
    i used to be pretty okay with responsible gun ownership and stuff but gun people have so eroded any credibility i might have once been willing to extend

yeah gun dudes have basically made my decision for me at this point

literally no concept of responsibility, stewardship, or even basic safety. it's all about posing in your cement block flag basement like you just did an ISIS

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Frito
    Newest page of K6SD just made me audibly yelp awwww shiiieet at the very end

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Frito

I'm honestly willing to consider it at this point Chanus but if you come for my bow I'm gonna shoot you with an arrow.

Fair?

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Tortilla
    milski wrote: »

Oops i got confused by numbering! I didn't realize they remade the ones never released for SNES! Can you get them for emulators / SNES Classic?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Tortilla
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

literally no concept of responsibility, stewardship, or even basic safety. it's all about posing in your cement block flag basement like you just did an ISIS

and it is a legitimate #NotAllDudes type of thing but i just am beyond my ability to say we're responsible enough to allow that distinction

just get rid of them

• Options
    Tortilla

I'm honestly willing to consider it at this point Chanus but if you come for my bow I'm gonna shoot you with an arrow.

Fair?

as much as Hawkeye sucks i think bows are still okay

• Options
    Frito
    Oh, yeah, here's an article about them

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-gun-shaped-cell-phone-case-police-20190605-story.html

They seem like they're basically designed so you can flash a gun at someone, but if you get stopped you're just like lol nope I'm just an idiot with a bad cell phone case, no brandishing happening here.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    got to hang out with my newborn nephew today

he started screaming as soon as he saw me

smart kid

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Tortilla
    I'm strongly against ever generalizing #NotAllMen beyond men and sexual assault. Generally it's not okay to say a group of humans are trash because a subset did something bad. NotAllMen is a special case not a default principle!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Tortilla
    Kana wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, here's an article about them

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-gun-shaped-cell-phone-case-police-20190605-story.html

They seem like they're basically designed so you can flash a gun at someone, but if you get stopped you're just like lol nope I'm just an idiot with a bad cell phone case, no brandishing happening here.

if anyone has trouble understanding white privilege...

• Options
    Bows are cool. But obviously I can only sanction their use for hunting, target shooting or killing the Sheriff's men if they make the mistake of entering Sherwood Forest.

• Options
    Frito
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Hunting rifles and non-shortened shotguns I'm perfectly fine with.

Handguns are the absolute worst though and result in by far the most deaths and also idiocy.

This discussion has been closed.