As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Fina's back in the menu boys!

CruorCruor Registered User regular
edited April 2022 in Games and Technology
y5g9crza5vp7.png

What is Final Fantasy Brave Exvius?
A mobile game for iOS and Android, produced in collaboration between Square Enix (Final Fantasy et al) and Gumi/Alim (responsible for Brave Frontier). The game’s story is based around a young knight named Rain and his friend and stepbrother Lasswell, who one day encounter a strange sight: a young girl trapped in a crystal. Following her words, they encounter the power of “Visions,” or the ability to summon warriors from other places and times to assist in battle.

Neo Visions
The New Hotness are Neo Vision units, or NVs. There are two forms of NV unit: Summoned Neo Visions (NV) and Awakened Neo Visions (NVA). NV units are summoned as NV rarity at level 1 and cap at level 120. When summoned, they will come with a Vision Card, which grant base stats and unlockable abilities when equipped to an NV or NVA unit. To Awaken a unit to NVA, first you must have their STMR and an additional copy which you can convert into awakening materials (much like Prism conversion for 7* awakening).

NV units have multiple new awakened states, called EX levels. Both forms of NV unit will start at EX+0. Please refer to the following infographic in the spoiler to see how to EX awaken your NV units, and the rewards for doing so:
95wzz2e2qhn9.jpg

There are also, now, PREMIUM NV units. Premium NV units are different in that they have limited fragment availability, give a Vision Card Select ticket at EX+1, unlock additional abilities at EX+2, and drop a special premium Vision Card at EX+3. The known Premium NV units are-
Released: Descendent of Cetra Aerith, Avalanche's Tifa, Legendary Hero Sephiroth, Summoner Yuna, Legendary Guardian Auron, Taivas, Storm Seeker Esther
Upcoming: Dark Rain, Knights of Grandshelt

In addition to this, each NV unit will have Brave Abilities. Brave Abilities can be both active and passive abilities (shown in reddish orange instead of the regular blue) that start at Level 1 and can be upgraded up to Level 5. To do so, you will need new materials called Insignias and Forticite.
Insignias are specific to each NV release and can be farmed from a new challenge boss that comes with their banner (found in the Vortex under the Challenge tab). Global Exclusive (GLEX) units all appear to share the same Insignias.
In general, Summoned NV units will require 180 Insignias to fully upgrade their Brave Abilities, while Awakened NV units will need 225 Insignias.
Forticite can be obtained as rewards from various places, including the Mog King shop.

Helpful Links:

ExviusWiki: Best source for Global version information, with maps for exploration dungeons, quest guides, and unit details.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Reddit: The reddit community for FFBE, containing info and updates for both the Japan and Global versions. Check here if you want to know what kind of stuff we'll get 5-6 months in advance since Japan gets it first. Also contains useful player-submitted guides, and has a Wiki which is up to date with the current state of Japan's game, so you can look ahead at unit enhancements and trust masteries, that sort of thing.

FFBE Equip: A site used to help you build your units for whatever content your heart desires. You can even link it to your FFBE account and it will only use gear you personally own. Especially useful for Dark Visions!

Friend ID List!:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfEIPxz_tV42C8dhfSiuVsWJ_f2YQhXiNg5BwiuJCik/edit?usp=sharing

To find your friend ID in the game, tap Home in the upper right corner (on most screens), then the Menu icon in the upper right, then Player Info on the left. Your ID should look like this in your little character card: 123,456,789.

aqnn3q0cw6aq.png

Cruor on

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Drascin wrote: »
    Lorek wrote: »
    Hope your lapis is ready Drascin. Looks like it's your time.
    I can't decide if I want to go for a lap on this one... I am really hurting for lapis now; my stash has been destroyed. Kind of want to build it up for Yuna now since she'll be the next premium unit.

...how long until Yuna, more or less? Yuna is kind of the best protagonist in a mainline FF game, but I was hoping at least a couple months distance between Celes and Yuna to rebuild after all my 50K lapis goes in the drain.

Well the major thing about Yuna is she's premium like Tifa/Sephiroth; so you want 60k for the pity and likely more if you're aiming for EX+2/3 to get all the goodies, with minimum free shard support.

Anyway, JP had six banners in between Celes and Yuna. We're likely going to have way more though; but I guess if Gumi goes rush-mode, I suppose the minimum time can be pegged at 2 months. Which would be bang on with 1 MK a month; Celes in August, Roca/Paus in Sept, Yuna in Oct.

But Gumi is stretching this stuff out again. Celes/Cyan is now two banners instead of one; so that's an extra week. Roca/Paus is another dual-banner but those are season 3 units that didn't make much of a splash... so will they be split or is it another Charlotte/Vlad scenario? Then you have to consider a Fan Design unit and possibly a CoW unit each month as well. And there was a Dragon Quest collab in there too, which GL has traditionally been getting, so that one is actually possible.

With that in mind.. I'm seeing Yuna in the first half of November. October will be DQ and Halloween to drain lapis, and then you follow up it with the Yuna/Auron as the next set of "Premium Units" when everyone is now lapis poor.

Also, expect the Cyan to be dry as fuck in terms of content; the careful observer will note that the MK runs for 3 weeks again (store open for 4), so there's likely going to be little if anything dropping with Cyan. Just the Cyan chronicle battle (please Gumi give us the Terra buffs) and maybe something dumb like the punching dummies again.

Lorek on
  • Options
    I wonder how global will fuck up SLB units. Hopefully they don't, and also make their SLB charge at the fastest speed at EX+2 instead of EX+3 like it is in JP.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Hope your lapis is ready Drascin. Looks like it's your time.
    I can't decide if I want to go for a lap on this one... I am really hurting for lapis now; my stash has been destroyed. Kind of want to build it up for Yuna now since she'll be the next premium unit.

...how long until Yuna, more or less? Yuna is kind of the best protagonist in a mainline FF game, but I was hoping at least a couple months distance between Celes and Yuna to rebuild after all my 50K lapis goes in the drain.

Well the major thing about Yuna is she's premium like Tifa/Sephiroth; so you want 60k for the pity and likely more if you're aiming for EX+2/3 to get all the goodies, with minimum free shard support.

Anyway, JP had six banners in between Celes and Yuna. We're likely going to have way more though; but I guess if Gumi goes rush-mode, I suppose the minimum time can be pegged at 2 months. Which would be bang on with 1 MK a month; Celes in August, Roca/Paus in Sept, Yuna in Oct.

But Gumi is stretching this stuff out again. Celes/Cyan is now two banners instead of one; so that's an extra week. Roca/Paus is another dual-banner but those are season 3 units that didn't make much of a splash... so will they be split or is it another Charlotte/Vlad scenario? Then you have to consider a Fan Design unit and possibly a CoW unit each month as well. And there was a Dragon Quest collab in there too, which GL has traditionally been getting, so that one is actually possible.

With that in mind.. I'm seeing Yuna in the first half of November. October will be DQ and Halloween to drain lapis, and then you follow up it with the Yuna/Auron as the next set of "Premium Units" when everyone is now lapis poor.

Also, expect the Cyan to be dry as fuck in terms of content; the careful observer will note that the MK runs for 3 weeks again (store open for 4), so there's likely going to be little if anything dropping with Cyan. Just the Cyan chronicle battle (please Gumi give us the Terra buffs) and maybe something dumb like the punching dummies again.

Roca is NV, I presume. Is she good? I'm one of those who honestly thought Season 3 had a stronger cast than FFBE generally gets, and I'm honestly kind of annoyed that the S3 squad only got 7* units that were dead on arrival. Bruce and Poppy are worth a dozen Akstars each, far as I'm concerned.

DQ is not a concern to me, the only DQ game I lasted more than half an hour playing was Builders. Fan Design or CoW units could be a thing, given that they seem to have a pretty good track record of being rad - Louise and Ling were very cool, and I really like Skye's sprite, so if they make like a rad summoner or red mage for CoW I may be in trouble.

I never go for +3 on anything, really, though, and the turbo expensive units seem a bad place to start. I did hilariously get to EX+2 on Tifa, though.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Roca has some cool abilities to reduce CD timers, allowing some units to use powerful CDs sooner than usual. I've never actually seen anyone use her to great effect in DV or whatever. She has a cool, if maybe not very useful, niche.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    NV Roca is the earth-version of the recent Leviathan Nichol and uses the SLB mechanic that will get introduced with Cyan. As Cruor mentioned, she does have a 5-use magnus that lowers the cooldowns by 1 turn on use to one ally. Her SLB does the 300% stat buff, 300% LB damage, 45% earth amp (that part is AoE) and knocks two turns off of cooldowns for one ally. She also has AoE stone killer. Her sprite has Boomer and is pretty cool, and she has a CG LB.

NV Paus is a mage with SLB again. She has pretty decent chaining bolting strike chains for water or light damage. And then her SLB is a big magic light 300x move that's 32-hits so I'm assuming it matches quad-cast CWA frames.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Ah, I forgot about the earth buffing stuff. Could be useful depending on needs for DV or upcoming earth weak CoW.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I finally got through all of the Slot pulls and mass pulled the 4* EX tickets. I got NV Snow in the batch. I did not buy his fragments, oh well. He's kind of useless for me anyway. Just another NV for the collection.

• Options
    Good luck to everyone pulling for NV Celes today!

• Options
    Oh hey, EX abilities for FFVII units are out. My EX+3 Cloud may actually be useful now!

• Options
    Well, hello Sephiroth VIP coin fragments...

Oc0hUCC.jpg?1

300% LB modifier, 300% Undead Killer, 200% Human Killer and has SoS Lightning STMR for the chain cap. This becomes a free materia slot still once CoW rewards are out and I can buy the upgraded crown.
    Yeah that's not silly at all.

• Options
    Weekly pull netted me the last Louise I needed for EX+3. Very happy about that! Hopefully she continues to be useful in CoW. She will at least be a great magic LB damage dealer for awhile yet.

• Options
    Well, I did the first "lap" of the Celes banner, up to the first free pull.

I did get an NV and got excited, but sadly it was just another Sephiroth. I'm pretty sure at this rate I'm going to have an EX+2 Sephiroth (one copy to go) before I end up with my first Yoshikiri.

• Options
    Trying the second lap got me three NVs... which were another Rain, a Vlad, and, surprisingly, Skye.

I did want Skye, so I guess it's something, but still, come on!

(Also, three more Morganas. Seriously, at this point if Morgana got an NVA I could quite literally make her EX+3 instantly and I think I'd have enough Morganas left over to make another EX+2)

• Options
    Yeah I've got 2 NVs just throwing tickets at it as they appear and both of them have been offbanner. It always feels so swingy; like you'll do a lap and every NV or every second NV is on banner. Then the next 10 NVs in a row are all off-banner or something.

• Options
    Yeah. When I rolled for Ling, I ended up with enough Louises and Lings to EX+2 both of them. Almost every NV there was on banner.

Here, I did ten steps and my only onbanner units were a single Umaro and a single Mog. So, as expected, if I actually want a unit for the collection, that means pity time. But I sure as heck ended up with EX+2 Tifa and two Sephiroths despite not particularly wanting the first and actively refusing to use the second!

• Options
    edited August 2021
    My phone reminded me today that I took a screenshot of pulling NV Cloud on the free weekly 10+1 today, one year ago.
    So uh.. happy 1st anniversary for NV units, I guess.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Got an NV from the daily free pull. Too bad it was Sol and I already have him at EX+2. I did also pull an Umaro off of EX tickets, so that's awesome! Don't think he'll ever actually be useful but I am very happy to have him.

• Options
    So, uh, I'm trying the CoW thing, and apparently just being immune to status from equipment doesn't really suffice on the provker unit? My Ling is carrying a Winged Heart materia and getting super paralyzed on the opening attack anyway. And given she's the one with the fire imbue for the rest of the party, this makes things rather problematic.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Turn one is a big pain in the ass. Your provoker gets dispelled and ailment imperiled, so basically you need another way to clear their status. If you can spare an accessory slot and have Rikku's pouch that works. Or have another unit equipped with Lakshmi Synergy to counter with an all ailment cure.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Lakshmi synergy worked great... the first try. On the next six goes, once I got to tier 5, it never triggered once. Grumble. Dumb RNG. But yeah, I dunno how much more time I'm going to dedicate to this. I can live without those obnoxious shards on lvl 85.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    WOTV video announced that Tomb Raider Collab is happening soon. The video mentioned that FFBE will also be getting a Tomb Raider Collab soon. Here's hoping that the free Lara's I've been keeping since the first Collab are given something. Or even Explorer Aileen!

Cruor on
  • Options
    Got an NV Emperor Vlad with the 4* login ticket. Would have much preferred Skye but it's still a new NV. I didn't buy his shards with VIP coins so I guess he waits until the fragment dungeon for his EX+1

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    So I was going to use a team comp / strat that Sinzar used on his CoW clears, and he had Skye with Equip Gun using Black Sparky, so I looked up where to get Equip Gun. It's from Madam's Manor, something I haven't even bothered to do. So I think to myself, "This should be easy to just grind through". Yeah, no. It's not hard, per se, but it's long and annoying. I just spent, like, 20-30 minutes in the first part because of the high encounter rate (I can offset it with reduce encounters, granted) and the dumb running back and forth with no map (looks like you can find a map). And then I look it up and turns out I have to go to a bunch of other levels to find the items to go to the next level, and I need to get to level 4 to get the Equip Gun materia.

So, no, I will not be doing that strat. I'll give Skye a 2h spear or 2h sword and use her imperil or Elena's. That was the most miserable thing I've experienced in FFBE. Just the worst

• Options
    Yeah, I never did the Madame Manor stuff and I don't plan to. I never finished the long Raven quest in S1 either because fuck that noise.

I still have to put together my team for a good clear. Definitely gonna be using my EX+3 Cloud because if not now, when?

• Options
    I decided that I've got enough STMR moogles / tickets and just decided to STMR my Mazurka for a good 2h spear for Skye. And if I get lazy enough, I might just have Skye jump kill the boss rather than LB. I'll see how I feel when I get to 99

• Options
    So, Ygni is this week along with 7* Cleome. Ygni has an interesting MM Xon-like ability to spread buffs from himself. The sprite looks good. I hope his animations are cool.

• Options
    Hyyype time; Ygni was my favourite fan design sprite because I am still dark and edgy and trapped forever in high school. Hopefully that spread buff ability means he has a copy ability like Xon, but I can't imagine Gumi is that insane to do that again. Fingers crossed for a dark field of some sort.

And yeah, the Madam's Manor stuff is loooong. It was definitely something that was much better served doing it as it released in chunks instead of doing the multi-hour marathon that it is now. Though I did enjoy the story behind it and such; if you remember Madam Edel's story event with Almaz, it builds off of that and is pretty well done.

• Options
    Man, normally I would absolutely try for Ygni, moogle evil wizard is hilarious. But after the Celes debacle I'm down to 18k lapis.

• Options
    Hyyype time; Ygni was my favourite fan design sprite because I am still dark and edgy and trapped forever in high school. Hopefully that spread buff ability means he has a copy ability like Xon, but I can't imagine Gumi is that insane to do that again. Fingers crossed for a dark field of some sort.

And yeah, the Madam's Manor stuff is loooong. It was definitely something that was much better served doing it as it released in chunks instead of doing the multi-hour marathon that it is now. Though I did enjoy the story behind it and such; if you remember Madam Edel's story event with Almaz, it builds off of that and is pretty well done.
    Being able to bring Ygni instead of MM Xon to a magic damage fight would be pretty huge for DV and CoW. It does say that his role is magic damage and buffer. Hopefully he can take advantage of elemental imbues and is not element locked on all his abilities. With multiple chaining families, I think he could be pretty nutty.

• Options
    I don't have the lapis to pull for Ygni, but I'll throw tickets at them. I think I'm going to be saving up lapis to see what they have in store for Halloween. Thankfully I could always off-banner Ygni if I strike out with tickets.

• Options
    I am also probably going to wait until Halloween, since I always like the holiday GL units. That being said, they really need to drop some more NVAs for the older Halloween units, especially if they're planning on having them all on a banner. Pulling for the new Halloween unit will not be as great if I'm pulling extra copies of the old units I've already got STMR'd and have extra copies of. I'm not counting on it, mind you, considering what happened with Easter and CNY units, but just saying that that they should do it.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    CoW fight isn't too bad, but it sure is annoying having to force close and reset for the umpteenth time because the app keeps freezing when I pull up a skill description to remind myself of what it does or how long it lasts. Just infuriating.

Got it done. Max damage on the highest mods I could do. My chain broke for some reason even using mods, so I got, like, a 93 chain and I don't feel like sitting through the fight again to fix it. I'm in the 2k-3k range, which is fine with me.

Zomro on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Welp, never got around to doing a better clear on Osta. Don't really care much either, honestly.

Looking forward to what is coming down the pike from JP and I'm not excited about any of the units we know of. And CoW seems like a monthly whale-or-failathon. I'm gonna keep playing but I don't know for how long.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Game must have sensed my annoyance with it. Did the daily half price, and it dropped blue and cracked all the way to Ygni. Ok, ok, I get it, complaining works.

• Options
    Odds are in my favour today; 4 multi's gave out 3 NVs. NVs are right on the statistical line; 1 on-banner and 2 off-banners.
    So Ygni get! Woohoo!
    Too bad this event looks boring as hell since there's nothing to grind.. just clear everything once and all done since the event points don't reset.

• Options
    Yeah, event's one and done, but that at least gives time to do the new story update and run the CB for Terra's sword.

Come September 2nd we will probably know how they're handling the Master Crown enhancements, and see how arduous it'll be to make Terra good again.

• Options
    Yeah I appreciate no more grinding because I'm still doing Zozo and then I have to do CB for Terra's sword!

• Options
    Anyone else getting "connection errors" that just bump you back to the login screen? I just keep getting dc'd and it's getting on my nerves. It's worse than the arena bug that's still in the game

• Options
    Yup.. it happens on Thursday sometimes. Assuming it's not some kind of bug anyway, server load is always highest on Thursday and that happens sometimes. I imagine it'll taper off as the day goes on and stop by tomorrow, hopefully.

• Options
    It's just odd, I don't usually have much trouble on days after maintenance, it's just today that I've gotten the disconnect around 6+ times.