As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Skyrim [chat] thread

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    6u9vmrn2erpx.jpeg

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    anyone know of an android app I could use to keep track of whether I have taken my meds today? There are tons that come up in search but I expect most are in some way harmful. If not actual malware then at least harvesting as much data as possible.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    There's also Funyun flavor. Which, they already have sour cream and onion but maybe someone wants the onion and feet flavor of Funyuns on their chips

I can't tell if this is pandering to or appropriation of stoner culture

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Reddit, what is the most pleasure you have ever felt:
    The StarsHelpful

I had a dream that I was a toaster.

I "woke" with a feeling of anticipation. Then I made toast with pure concentration. Afterwards I was entirely fulfilled, having accomplished the ultimate purpose of my existence.

BootySmackahah

You win. Nobody will ever understand this, but you do you buddy. You make that toast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec

Was Toasty Toaster a one time thing? I seem to remember him in another episode.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Reddit, what is the most pleasure you have ever felt:
    The StarsHelpful

I had a dream that I was a toaster.

I "woke" with a feeling of anticipation. Then I made toast with pure concentration. Afterwards I was entirely fulfilled, having accomplished the ultimate purpose of my existence.

BootySmackahah

You win. Nobody will ever understand this, but you do you buddy. You make that toast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec

Was Toasty Toaster a one time thing? I seem to remember him in another episode.

hmm, I don't remember him in any other episodes. But I've only seen series 1-6 a zillion times not the later ones so if he was in those I wouldn't remember.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The recent Red Dwarfs are ok. I think their age now kind of makes it a little darker in a way.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    6u9vmrn2erpx.jpeg

Oh jesus tap dancing fucking christ here we go with another batshit lady on the internet brining up some hippy bullshit energy theor oh wait she's talking about Monica at the front desk ok yeah that's serious dark energy.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Some fucking people istg

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I gotta leave the house at 6 tomorrow so I can be in Arlington at 7. I’m grumpy as fuck about it too.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I gotta leave the house at 6 tomorrow so I can be in Arlington at 7. I’m grumpy as fuck about it too.

oof that's tragic

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

oof that's tragic

Arlington at any time of the day is just a waste of a day

• Options
    I will put this in a separate post so the gloating isn't as bad, but I got the project manager person who had scheduled a 9.30 AM weekly meeting every tuesday to push it to 12.30 PM so I don't ever have to wake up before 10.30-11 or so for the next couple months hahahaha

She's on west coast too so I was like ok look I know how completely ridiculous this request is since you're clearly getting up hella early every day but...I'm nocturnal?? And she was totally cool with the request (I get the sense she'd also stay up late every day if she didn't have kids), what a good colleague

• Options

oof that's tragic

I pressed agree but then I realized wait I'm going to Arlington tomorrow after work cause that's where the climbing gym is
    So actually recently I've been getting a lot out of it

• Options
    edited August 2021

oof that's tragic

I pressed agree but then I realized wait I'm going to Arlington tomorrow after work cause that's where the climbing gym is

Okay so Arlington sucks except for Creds cool climbing gym.

I filed it with Silver SPRING and Alexandria as "places I'd only pass through at night after being at better places."

jungleroomx on
  • Options

oof that's tragic

I filed it with Silver City and Alexandria as "places I'd only pass through at night after being at better places."

Silver city?

• Options

oof that's tragic

I filed it with Silver City and Alexandria as "places I'd only pass through at night after being at better places."

Silver city?

Shit

Silver Spring

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It’s a city, right? And it’s silver.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

oof that's tragic

Silver city?

Shit

Silver Spring
    I used to work in silver spring...and yes that fits it pretty aptly. Every place there is slightly worst than an easier to get to place closer to my house.

• Options
    Is it hard to tell I've been away from MD for 15 years?

I don't even like old bay anymore

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I worked 5am-245pm today

Tomorrow is supposed to be my day off but the bookkeeper is sick so they asked me to work eight hours of overtime. I told them ok but I have plans at 10am so I have to go in at 1am to finish in time.

Gonna be a long day 😭

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Idea for a TV Show

It’s about a physician whose last name is Baltimore

And it’s set in Chicago but it’s called Baltimore, MD

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular

oof that's tragic

I filed it with Silver SPRING and Alexandria as "places I'd only pass through at night after being at better places."

I was just in Silver Spring. Went to a nice bar and had some tots and a nice burger. Great beer selection

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Idea for a TV Show

It’s about a physician whose last name is Baltimore

And it’s set in Chicago but it’s called Baltimore, MD

Netflix has already committed to two seasons and an abrupt cancellation mid-cliffhanger.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So this week we are replacing all the locks in the hotel with RFID locks

There was training for front desk staff today

man what a fucking mess of an operation I work at.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    RFID locks

This sounds like a worse idea than the credit card locks

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    RFID locks

haha, I was going to say, at least Broar doesn't have to deal with people coming up to the front desk asking for keys anymore...

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    RFID locks

depends.

If nearfield RFID coupled with single use or rapid decaying tokens, ala apple pay, its pretty fucking secure.

If this is just old fashioned rfid chips, you gun get robbed.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    RFID locks

depends.

If nearfield RFID coupled with single use or rapid decaying tokens, ala apple pay, its pretty fucking secure.

If this is just old fashioned rfid chips, you gun get robbed.

It's been a while since I've kept up with the full technology, but once upon a time wasn't there also the problem of the lock manufacturers putting an unsecured debug port on the bottom of the locks?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    @elendil are you playing on Lethal? It's the best difficulty level — you die really easily but so does everyone else. Just consider turning it down to Hard for boss battles, since the scaling is fucked for duels

Ghost has really phenomenal combat once you unlock all your stances

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious

Well I feel silly
    I should have guessed the trick with the angler fish. Duh. But also I explored around with my ships' light off and still eventually got eaten, whats up with that?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Someone tell me I definitely shouldn't look up any guides or spoilers for Outer Wilds.
    I got below the current on Giants Deep but am completely lost on how to get inside the core...holyshit I just realized how I'm supposed to do something completely unrelated while typing that.

I love this game.

Don't look up any spoilers or guides.

Ask here, and I will give you hints, even nested spoiled hints of varying levels of detail

Excellent, I'm going to ask about my revelation thought than since it will keep me from running down a culdesac.
    are the stalactites blocking the angler fish fossil quantum? In that I can turn my light off to make them move, like the rock on ember twin

I don't think this even needs a hint
    No, I think that's a distinctly visible property.

I don't think so?
    There are tunnels in ember that have blockages that appear and disappear based off visibility
    unless you mean something else.

I believe that
    all quantum objects have a similar appearance/material they're made of, so if they don't look like that, they're not quantum

Regardless, that's not your way in to the anglerfish fossil. It's more mundane.
    @Doodmann EM's partly wrong on this, there are quantum things that don't have that color or texture the quantum rocks do.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious

Well I feel silly
    I should have guessed the trick with the angler fish. Duh. But also I explored around with my ships' light off and still eventually got eaten, whats up with that?
    what does the angler fish info actually say?you might be misreading it

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2021
    Went out with my brother for my first dinner out in a year+ and it was amazing. We got these, and then shared most of them between us, substituting one of the deserts for a chocolate one.
    kwsqjvD_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Z1FC1lB_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Didn’t share one bit of that bone marrow, though.

6Aj8Vcy_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    That looks delicious

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    6u9vmrn2erpx.jpeg

Venue Response
    I think you're mistaken - the only receptionist we've had called Monica died in a fire 15 years ago...

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Fuck I had a bad a dream and now I can’t get back to sleep and I’m jumping at shadows. And I need to be awake in 4 hours.
    Fuck my life.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Fuck I had a bad a dream and now I can’t get back to sleep and I’m jumping at shadows. And I need to be awake in 4 hours.
    Fuck my life.

:bro:

Sorry you're having a rough time.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    being an EMT is gonna be neat

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I saw another article today blaming millennials for the suburban housing marking stagnation and I had the thought,

“Dude, we’re like 40 now. Stop blaming us for things. We are the mainstream. We can’t afford houses and if we could we still wouldn’t move to the suburbs. Fuck all the way off.”

Millennials are killing the suburbs!

Good.

This discussion has been closed.