As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I love Neco she is the most beautiful and best at everything [chat]

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I love Neco she is the most beautiful and best at everything
    Sometimes you can savor it but most of the time if I’m eating a cold hot dog it’s because I’m ravenous for protein and i’m lucky if I don’t accidentally eat the plastic bag while I’m scarfing down all the dogs.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Y'all I'm faded... Wife and I are watching Pitch Perfect 2
    Flula Borg is so hilarious. I love that they got folks from the actual Green Bay Packers for the Riff Off. Also, the vocal percussionist for Das Sound Machine is 80Fitz, a world-class beatboxer.

The ending sequence has a bunch of cameos from pro a cappella groups. Pentatonix is team Canada, and the Filharmonic also show up there.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    hey so Halo Infinite multiplayer is actually a blast? Really looking forward to that now thanks to these technical betas

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    It'd probably be sadder with a bun and mustard because at that point just throw the dog in the microwave

The only move is to stand there chomping dogs with the fridge door open

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who prefers boiled hot dogs over grilled?

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    It'd probably be sadder with a bun and mustard because at that point just throw the dog in the microwave

You can also wrap a Kraft slice around it, if you're feeling especially fancy

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    hey so Halo Infinite multiplayer is actually a blast? Really looking forward to that now thanks to these technical betas

I had alot of fun in BTB tonight, but man that Total Control mode is lame

• Options
    Also can we talk about this promo image from the Mustang Mach E? what the fuck?

message-editor%2F1580769349856-mach-ehotwings.jpg?quality=60

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »

Boiling (or at the very least simmering in a pan) is the way and the light for hotdogs, grilling is for brats

though tbh if I'm eating a hotdog it's because I'm drunk and three of them just came out of the microwave at 3am

• Options
    I love raw dogging, as they say

Tumin it's very risky going out in a mech without protection, I promise armor is your friend

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Hotdog straight from the package and spaghettios straight from the can.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021

The other thing I’ll do is just put them in a tortilla and nuke it for like 45 seconds

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    One of my strongest memories in terms of senses is being fed scraps by my grandfather, including cold hot dogs. He frequently made hot dog stew which is about how it sounds- sliced hotdogs with potato, onion, carrots etc. The hot dogs were always stored in the freezer from whatever bulk purchase during a sale. As he was doing all the prep work I’d sit quietly beside him and he’d occasionally reach down and pop an icy little end-coin from a frozen hot dog in my mouth and I’d sit there without chewing as it warmed up in my mouth.

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    Hotdog straight from the package and spaghettios straight from the can.

God I miss spaghettios but they are one of the few things that just instantly gives me heartburn so they were retired from drunk eating duty because there is nothing worse than trying to pass out with heartburn

• Options

I'm not seeing the problem, broar

I'm also now imagining tailgating where everyone just parks their crockpots cars and wanders around snacking from under one another's hood

• Options

I'm not seeing the problem, broar

I'm also now imagining tailgating where everyone just parks their crockpots cars and wanders around snacking from under one another's hood

Ford did too

message-editor%2F1580769615901-mach-e-shrimp2.jpg?quality=60

message-editor%2F1580769590164-mach-e-beverages.jpg?quality=60

• Options
    Trunk shrimp and unbranded soda.

Food of the gods.

• Options

Food of the gods.

Excuse me that's former engine compartment shrimp to you

• Options
    Apparently the dog blockaded my wife in her office upstairs with an especially thick and persistent hallway fart.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I actually can't remember the last time I ate a hot dog. When I want something like that, I always get smokies or similar.

• Options
    Apparently the dog blockaded my wife in her office upstairs with an especially thick and persistent hallway fart.

Yes....the "dog"

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Food of the gods.

You haven't lived until you've eaten trunk ceviche

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    engine wings and beer sounds p. good right now. not going to lie.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I ordered doordash and the guy called me and said they cant go in apartment buildings anymore so I said leave it just inside the door and ill come down and get it, and he said he didnt want to open the door (to the complex?) so hed wait for me, but he sounded mad. I get down there and hes nowhere to be seen, the food is all over the parking lot

"Order delivered"

So I called support and told them that it looks like he just tossed the food and drove off and the he texts me "I didnt throw your food I dropped it asshole"

...okay...then why did you mark the order completed.... and leave.... and doordash support told me there was no such rule about apartment complexes

I had so many experiences like this when I lived in Nashville. For some reason the LA drivers have been consistently solid.

It was real frustrating for awhile. I think at some point I had 3 deliveries in a row where the drivers all fucked it up, and for the last one the website was like 'you have too many recent complaints you can't autorefund this' and I had to call and be like "well maybe if y'all didn't keep fucking up my orders..."

Anyway that sucks especially when you've been waiting for your food and even if they do a free redelivery it's like another hour.

ohoh the best part is that they redid my order, which was autocancelled by the restaurant, so I just ordered myself new food. I then contacted support and told them the re-order was cancelled and to please just refund me

So he refunds me $19 which is for my NEW ORDER not the ORIGINAL, which was for me and my roommate and a friend, so it was $48. I'm like no give me my $48 Inever got that food and he's like sir this is the order number that is active and i'm like, fucking hell the order I want refunded was from 2 hours ago - he says "support already re-ran the order a dasher should have brought it to you" and I'm like "IT SAYS THAT THE STORE CANCELLED IT I HAVE NO FOOD AND NO MONEY" and hes like "please calm down your food is on the way, and you are getting it for free my man, I gave you your $19 back" and I melted into actual lava, burned through the floor, and ceased to be

Obviously, I never got a "reorder" of the original food, nor a refund for it, so I am weighing how much I care about $29 to call back tomorrow and hope I can get someone who will actually listen and attempt to comprehend what I'm saying

override367 on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Really, I didn't realize the games on the C64 were pretty horrible.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    My Grandpa would always microwave his hotdogs. Sometimes he would put them in too long and they would explode.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It's so strange to me that people find the ship in Outer Wilds hard to control. I find it so smooth and intuitive, just a real pleasure to pilot, and the physics make it just challenging enough that smooth flying and smooth landings are satisfying. I love adjusting thrust in all directions and rotating and mapping the physics of the ship to the object I'm landing on. I wish there were more ship challenges between simple tasks and incredibly difficult optional stuff that you shouldn't bother with!

I love that ship so much that it makes me sad I won't pilot it ever again.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    It's so strange to me that people find the ship in Outer Wilds hard to control. I find it so smooth and intuitive, just a real pleasure to pilot, and the physics make it just challenging enough that smooth flying and smooth landings are satisfying. I love adjusting thrust in all directions and rotating and mapping the physics of the ship to the object I'm landing on. I wish there were more ship challenges between simple tasks and incredibly difficult optional stuff that you shouldn't bother with!

It’s not hard.

It’s just not fun.

(To me I mean)

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    I ordered doordash and the guy called me and said they cant go in apartment buildings anymore so I said leave it just inside the door and ill come down and get it, and he said he didnt want to open the door (to the complex?) so hed wait for me, but he sounded mad. I get down there and hes nowhere to be seen, the food is all over the parking lot

"Order delivered"

So I called support and told them that it looks like he just tossed the food and drove off and the he texts me "I didnt throw your food I dropped it asshole"

...okay...then why did you mark the order completed.... and leave.... and doordash support told me there was no such rule about apartment complexes

I had so many experiences like this when I lived in Nashville. For some reason the LA drivers have been consistently solid.

It was real frustrating for awhile. I think at some point I had 3 deliveries in a row where the drivers all fucked it up, and for the last one the website was like 'you have too many recent complaints you can't autorefund this' and I had to call and be like "well maybe if y'all didn't keep fucking up my orders..."

Anyway that sucks especially when you've been waiting for your food and even if they do a free redelivery it's like another hour.

ohoh the best part is that they redid my order, which was autocancelled by the restaurant, so I just ordered myself new food. I then contacted support and told them the re-order was cancelled and to please just refund me

So he refunds me $19 which is for my NEW ORDER not the ORIGINAL, which was for me and my roommate and a friend, so it was $48. I'm like no give me my $48 Inever got that food and he's like sir this is the order number that is active and i'm like, fucking hell the order I want refunded was from 2 hours ago - he says "support already re-ran the order a dasher should have brought it to you" and I'm like "IT SAYS THAT THE STORE CANCELLED IT I HAVE NO FOOD AND NO MONEY" and hes like "please calm down your food is on the way, and you are getting it for free my man, I gave you your $19 back" and I melted into actual lava, burned through the floor, and ceased to be

Obviously, I never got a "reorder" of the original food, nor a refund for it, so I am weighing how much I care about $29 to call back tomorrow and hope I can get someone who will actually listen and attempt to comprehend what I'm saying

Every time people talk about the gig economy, it's to lament how terrible it all is. For the workers, for the customers, for the restaurants...

• Options

It’s not hard.

It’s just not fun.

(To me I mean)

Not even you specifically, just a lot of people complained about it being clunky and hard to control

Playing it again made me remember how much I loved it compared to e.g. No Man's Sky

But yes even the control of the ship being unpleasant is so different from my experience. Tbh you don't need to do anything fancy with it, just move from place to place, so it's not a huge part of the game (disappointingly to me...). The bulk of gameplay and the compulsion to continue is in the puzzle solving and the uncovering of mysteries and histories. I would have up with drastically worse movement mechanics to play through those worlds.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2021

It’s not hard.

It’s just not fun.

(To me I mean)

Not even you specifically, just a lot of people complained about it being clunky and hard to control

Playing it again made me remember how much I loved it compared to e.g. No Man's Sky

But yes even the control of the ship being unpleasant is so different from my experience. Tbh you don't need to do anything fancy with it, just move from place to place, so it's not a huge part of the game (disappointingly to me...). The bulk of gameplay and the compulsion to continue is in the puzzle solving and the uncovering of mysteries and histories. I would have up with drastically worse movement mechanics to play through those worlds.

It’s tough for me to go from games like Sekiro or Monster Hunter where controls are either incredibly tight or have a very high skill ceiling so that even moving around feels like a joy… to another game where it’s kind of an afterthought. I dunno how they would’ve done OW differently, though, as the first person view is pretty important to the experience.

I dunno, after I get done with Metroid and get playing that out of my system maybe I’ll give it another shot?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I always pick up my food because I’m too cheap for DoorDash.

It’s funny, sometimes restaurants are like, oh, just like- a regular online order?? Because it’s obvious the vast majority of their customers picking up food are gig workers.

• Options
    First person almost always sacrifices precision and control for immersion and sense of place, imo — except for precise aiming, of course

Movement and melee combat in first person always feel pretty weird and unnatural

• Options

It’s not hard.

It’s just not fun.

(To me I mean)

The number of people who play Star Citizen and don't understand that while yes going zoom zoom is fun you have to de-zoom zoom and then slowly down zoom zoom if you want to land is kind of surprising.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    but, I feel the need.

The need for excessive velocity during atmospheric reentry.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Kamiro wrote: »

Boiling (or at the very least simmering in a pan) is the way and the light for hotdogs, grilling is for brats

though tbh if I'm eating a hotdog it's because I'm drunk and three of them just came out of the microwave at 3am

I'd rather do the middle/high school science class "cook a hot dog with electricity" deal than go back to boiling them.

On a grill/bbq over charcoal is the Platonic ideal. The George Foreman grill is the second best option for hot dogs at home.

Ketar on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I got dumplings at the Bellagio

Fancy

• Options
    edited October 2021
    bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

That's like a 10 year span of top club hits, not super surprising.

Also everyone knows Regulators.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
This discussion has been closed.