As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No, It's the Artisanal Cheese Villains Who Are Wrong in the [BAD FOOD] Thread

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    With the above questionable picture of chicken being pressed down for grilling in a oven
    There are cast iron pans at work with animal designs on the bottom other than display I really question paying more for them when they are basically unusable
    pqebrjb4vh89.jpg

They still should work just fine as a cast iron pan? Having the design on them shouldn't effect anything as far as cooking goes.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    With the above questionable picture of chicken being pressed down for grilling in a oven
    There are cast iron pans at work with animal designs on the bottom other than display I really question paying more for them when they are basically unusable
    pqebrjb4vh89.jpg

They still should work just fine as a cast iron pan? Having the design on them shouldn't effect anything as far as cooking goes.

It's embossed on the outside so it doesn't lie flat

• Options
    edited October 2021
    webguy20 wrote: »
    pqebrjb4vh89.jpg

It's embossed on the outside so it doesn't lie flat

Ahhh, I figured they weren't embossed past the outer heat ring so they would still be able to rest flat.

webguy20 on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Guessing they're meant as show pieces to hang in your post-modern chic farmhouse kitchen and never be used

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    That's definitely the sort of stuff you stage a kitchen with before taking pictures to put on Zilliow

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    are they embossed or debossed? Which is to say does the design go in or out?

cause if it goes in they should lie flat just fine.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The lines look like they’re etched, so it should lie flat.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    they'll make this shit but they won't bring back Starburst Hard Candies

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    or (the full range of) Jolly Rancher Stix.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I just finished a bag of Sour Big Chewy Nerds.

They're big Nerds with a chewy center.

They look kind of like miniature, multi-coloured avocados.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I saw, and picked up, a bag of Skittles in the store advertising that the Lime flavor is back for a limited time. I'm so happy I can return to the time where I'd shovel them in my mouth instead of needing to carefully pick out the green ones lest they taint the flavor.

Opty on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

A lot of people don't know it, but those are just regular Skittles caught during molting season.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Woke hungry for a big ole breakfast of biscuits and gravy and eggs and sausage.

Maybe gonna see if the Flying Biscuit Cafe by my apartment isn't too busy and get some vittles.

• Options
    Yesterday the deli counter at my local grocery store was selling ten-year-old cheddar. I bought a couple of ounces of it and had some for breakfast. It's so sharp that it crumbles when you cut it, so I crumbled some into my scrambled eggs so it ended up as little half-melted cheese lumps. Delicious.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Sigh no biscuits and gravy for juggs. Place is a mad house. I will simply stand across the street and stare into the window longingly while it rains but just on me for some reason.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    The lines look like they’re etched, so it should lie flat.

bemr6ahsq0f9.png

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    At least with that one you'll get a nice mallard reaction.

E.Coyote on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Huh yeah there's enough taken out of those I'd be worried about uneven heating too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Huh yeah there's enough taken out of those I'd be worried about uneven heating too.

They were pretty bad when I first saw them

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Sigh no biscuits and gravy for juggs. Place is a mad house. I will simply stand across the street and stare into the window longingly while it rains but just on me for some reason.

so you get the regret without the big breakfast?
    truly the worst of all possible worlds.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

They were pretty bad when I first saw them

Probably not a big problem if you have an induction oven?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    induction...oven? is that a thing?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Wanted some easy zero-effort chicken noodle soup for lunch today, but at the store I saw cans of Spicy Chicken Noodle that weren't sale-priced like the others and thought 'why pay all that for a can when I do that shit at home'?

So I made some basic-ass box chicken noodle soup and spooned in some sambal oelek. Hot damn, I'm going to keep doing that. Sambal oelek continues to create reasons for me to always keep a jar in my fridge.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Shorty wrote: »

Whatever the thing you put frying pans on is called. I don't know what it's called in English (I don't even know what it's called in my language).

Ed: Double-checked. A "komfyr" consists of a set of "stekeplate" (where you put the frying pan) and a "stekeovn" (where you put the turkey). I often (incorrectly) refer to the whole combo as an "ovn" or oven in English.

What are the top (or frying pan) bit and the whole combo called in English?

[Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    In English the oven is the thing you open and put food in.

American English the word you're looking for is "stove" or "stovetop"

British/NZ English (maybe Commonwealth?) Would be a "hob" or "cooktop".

Or other words I haven't heard used yet

• Options
    As someone from the Dustbowl region, my first instinct would be "induction burner," even though that makes no practical sense. My clarifying phrase would be "induction range" or "induction stovetop," and if you were still staring at me blankly I'd wave my arms wildly and say something like "fuckin', the science magnet cooker, it works with pans."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I've heard "induction surface" thrown around a bit, since they have portable devices with the whole purpose of induction heating things.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Shorty wrote: »

Whatever the thing you put frying pans on is called. I don't know what it's called in English (I don't even know what it's called in my language).

Ed: Double-checked. A "komfyr" consists of a set of "stekeplate" (where you put the frying pan) and a "stekeovn" (where you put the turkey). I often (incorrectly) refer to the whole combo as an "ovn" or oven in English.

What are the top (or frying pan) bit and the whole combo called in English?

In UK English oven can refer to just the turkey place, or the combination of both. Just the top part is usually called the hob/hobs. We also call the combined thing a cooker.

Actually, thinking about it, oven probably more commonly just refers to the turkey place, and the whole unit is a cooker.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    in US English you might use "oven" to refer to just the hot box part, or to refer to the whole unit, depending on context

the top part where you use frying pans is usually the stove, or the stovetop

e: well I'm way late on this but w/e

Shorty on
  • Options
    I think it sounds like the US definition of oven is similar to the UK, and our version of cooker is stove.

You can cook a turkey in an oven or in a stove, but you wouldn't fry chicken on an oven. You can fry chicken on a stove, but more commonly you'd fry it on a range.

I dunno, I thought about it too much and now none of the words mean anything.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Wait, is a range different from a stove?

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I think it sounds like the US definition of oven is similar to the UK, and our version of cooker is stove.

You can cook a turkey in an oven or in a stove, but you wouldn't fry chicken on an oven. You can fry chicken on a stove, but more commonly you'd fry it on a range.

I dunno, I thought about it too much and now none of the words mean anything.

But why stove in the cold food range out hot eat the food

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Nobody's ever heard of a home on a stove.

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    I think I've got it

pnj34eius3mr.jpg

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    spono wrote: »

I've always heard range in regards to a gas range, versus an electric stove. It seems pretty regional though! Hob would be fun to be able to use.

• Options
    spono wrote: »

I would fry chicken on a range, but I wouldn't cook turkey in a range.

I'm from the howlingly unpopulated American interior, though, so I wouldn't be shocked to find that this is weird.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

I guess we're running short on dogs and cats living together?

This discussion has been closed.