Options

[Football/Soccer] - Harry Kane - Goals: 267, Trophies: 0

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement

Awww, that's quite sweet.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Give Ole a lifetime extension

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    Bogart wrote: »

I think it'll take time to come to a fair judgement of Bruce's tenure; he was written off before he began by a large part of the fanbase, who were absolutely rabid with misplaced affection after being jilted by Rafa. If you look purely at achievement, he guided an average side to an average finish for two seasons in a very competitive league. That does mask an insane reliance on Saint-Maximin, and some incredibly dreary tactics at times.

He definitely became the focal point for the supports antipathy around Newcastle, when it should have intensified around Ashley after he failed to back Benitez. He kicked back only after pretty sustained forceful abuse, and comments about him quitting teams are naïve at best; if its not going well, and you get a better offer, you leave. That's just football. I loved having Rafa in charge, but he saw the way the breeze was blowing and fucked off to China for megabucks, a fact neatly forgotten by a lot of the fans.

I liked him, but had no illusions about his ability or what the team would be like under him.

RE Man U vs Atalanta, someone check on Tav for gods sake.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Nein
    RE Man U vs Atalanta, someone check on Tav for gods sake.

I'm good, really who didn't see a Ronaldo winner coming when United were 2-0 down? :P

This is a stressful old week of football. Irish FAI Cup Semi final tomorrow for my local team and if we win and the other result goes our way, we're guaranteed European football next season. We missed out on Europe for over a decade and got it the last two years when away fans weren't allowed travel so it would be a right kick in the teeth if we missed out next year when things are returning to (relative) normality travel wise. Also the small matter of United vs Liverpool on Sunday. I'll probably need checking in on on Monday!

• Options
    Nein

WE’RE IN OUR FIRST CUP FINAL SINCE 2009

I LOVE MY LARGE BALD SON SO MUCH

• Options
    Hwang!

• Options
    Last minute goals are only good when we score them.

• Options
    Nein

yeah that's about what i'd expect from Joey Barton

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    After that opening half hour I'm terrified to check on my phone every time it makes a noise.

Now Playing:
    Dragon Ball FighterZ [PC] - Sure is a lot of not killing Goku going on right now.
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    Dang!

• Options
    PhistiPhisti Registered User regular
    What did I just watch? Watford scored 4 in 10 minutes... Watford!

• Options
    Know you're having a good one when 40 minutes in the commentators are saying "well they should probably figure out a plan on the pitch"

• Options
    Yellow for Ronaldo. Can't rip the shirt off after a goal now without being sent off.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    On the plus side, I did captain Salah.....

Now Playing:
    Dragon Ball FighterZ [PC] - Sure is a lot of not killing Goku going on right now.
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    Nein
    football should be illegal

• Options
    Reminded of that scene in varsity blues where the players turn on the coach at halftime and refuse to follow him out, and then run the game themselves the second half and the coach is never seen again.

No reason, just a random thought

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Dig up, stupid.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Straight red for Pogba. 30 minutes to play.

• Options
    Straight red for Pogba. 30 minutes to play.

3 match break from dealing with this clown show

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Nein
    Please don't actually lose 9-0

• Options

• Options
    NBC gonna follow old down the tunnel, capture the entire Ole series finale

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/police-investigate-banner-crystal-palace-critical-newcastle-deal-2021-10-23/
    LONDON, Oct 23 (Reuters) - Police are investigating a banner displayed by Crystal Palace fans at Selhurst Park on Saturday that spoke out against Newcastle United's takeover by a Saudi Arabia-led consortium.

6pjjbnibbvvo.png

Because obviously the issue is the banner pointing out the crimes of murderous oppressive regime, not you know selling a team to them.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/police-investigate-banner-crystal-palace-critical-newcastle-deal-2021-10-23/
    LONDON, Oct 23 (Reuters) - Police are investigating a banner displayed by Crystal Palace fans at Selhurst Park on Saturday that spoke out against Newcastle United's takeover by a Saudi Arabia-led consortium.

6pjjbnibbvvo.png

Because obviously the issue is the banner pointing out the crimes of murderous oppressive regime, not you know selling a team to them.

I suspect someone made a complaint to the police and it opened up a case. It’s not unusual to get cases that don’t have anything to them.

The police have already closed this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59042671

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    aaahaha

FC Bayern got a 0-5 thrashing and kicked out of the cup in the second round.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

I can't really describe the noises I was making while watching this live but it was gutteral, loud, and I'm glad the house was empty.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Not as good as Zlatans v England, but good nonetheless. Apparently Tino Asprilla's son which is cool.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Cana
    Tav wrote: »

I came here to post this, and I'm laughing at "this video is not available in your location" from the skysports tweet. My dudes, I'm in Canada and this is a league that operates in Canada.

Anyhow, here's the highlight directly from the club in question:

In more MLS news, as I imagine you all know, MLS does not have Relegation or Promotion so you can finish bottom of the league multiple times in a row

In three years of existence, FC Cincinnati has finished last every time.

Also my local club tweeted about a player scoring while thinking of the Queen, which later got deleted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/whitecapsfc/comments/qhg8z9/say_what_now/

:so_raven:
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

LET'S GOOOOOO

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    The payout is going to be incredible.

Anyway, time to start texting my Spurs friend.

• Options
    Nein
    the spurs fan i know seems convinced they're getting Conte

and I don't know how true or not it is but i literally can't imagine Levy and Conte working together, might as well try mixing oil and water

• Options
    Surely they're not going to get him unless they give him a ton of cash to spend, which they won't want to do. Just sell Kane. He doesn't want to be there, get rid of him.

Sell him to Newcastle. That'd be incredibly funny.

• Options
    I guess they'll be announcing Conte this morning after giving him some promises about transfer signings and what not.

Anyway, in more important news Jimenez scored a lovely little dink over Jordan Pickford last night and we're up to 7th.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Nein
    one of the joys of lower level football is watching a goalie get absolutely rattled by abuse from the away fans

was at a match last night where the opposition's goalkeeper was on loan from Liverpool and let me tell if you that lad thinks he's getting a game in Anfield after shitting bricks because 200 lads called him a fat bastard, i've got a bridge to sell him

Tav on
  • Options
    Nein
    0r0n0boqh4t7.jpeg

• Options
    Emery has knocked Newcastle back. Didn't want to win the Europa League Conference Cup anyway.

• Options
    Nein
    ref's fucked it here

we were on course for a good second half of some s tier atleti shithousery and now we're not gonna get it