As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LGBT protections and rights

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Doxxing is traditionally bad on the internet because it is used to bully the innocent. A troll might doxx a rival in a video game in order to get their followers to play unpleasant pranks on them, or even hurt them (swatting). That doesn't mean it's always bad. It's contextual, like so much in life.

Lorenz didn't dox anyone. She investigated who was running a Twitter feed devoted to attacking LGBT individuals and pushing defamatory ideas about them into the public consciousness, and outed the person responsible. This is what investigative journalism is meant to do - comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable.

That's what internet lingo refers to by doxxing: reveal the real-world identity of an anonymous poster. This is bad if the real-world identity of "MegaKiller1234" the Fortnite player is Noah Jones, 12 years old, and he's suddenly getting calls from the police and a thousand pizzas delivered and his parents are furious with him. Not bad if the person in question is a horrible right-wing personality who uses anonymity to abuse people.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    The thing about doxxing is that it has three elements to some degree that make it distinct from and harmful conpaired to journalism.

The first is a direct or indirect call for harassment. This could be telling people to call or email a private number, "wont someone rid me of this meddlesome priest"ing it or making claims so debased that it invites retribution (swatting and the pizza basement stuff). Simply identifying someone or contacting a public figure is no where near this.

The second is providing easy access to inappropriate contact information. Private phone numbers, email addresses, schedule of their kids school. This is the multiplier where most people wont bother taking the time to find this stuff even if it is easy to find. Unless a reporter starts publishing non public facing company email adresses and prive phone numbers and such this isnt even an issue.

The third is almost always present; false, misleading or exaggerated information. This is internet detectives getting thier facts twisted or outright lying to create hate. A person who takes the time to make sure the information is factual and presents it accurately is not creating this undeserving outrage.

Telling people to harass a person, giving their personal phone number then saying they do horrible things they dont do is doxxing.

Revealing someones name as related to an anonymous account with factual, researched information is not.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    What is a trademark application if not a formal declaration that you wish for your brand to be publicly associated with your identity?

jothki on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Doxxing is traditionally bad on the internet because it is used to bully the innocent. A troll might doxx a rival in a video game in order to get their followers to play unpleasant pranks on them, or even hurt them (swatting). That doesn't mean it's always bad. It's contextual, like so much in life.

Lorenz didn't dox anyone. She investigated who was running a Twitter feed devoted to attacking LGBT individuals and pushing defamatory ideas about them into the public consciousness, and outed the person responsible. This is what investigative journalism is meant to do - comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable.

That's what internet lingo refers to by doxxing: reveal the real-world identity of an anonymous poster. This is bad if the real-world identity of "MegaKiller1234" the Fortnite player is Noah Jones, 12 years old, and he's suddenly getting calls from the police and a thousand pizzas delivered and his parents are furious with him. Not bad if the person in question is a horrible right-wing personality who uses anonymity to abuse people.

Taylor Lorenz did not dox anyone, and we should not be using a definition for doxing that came out of Reddit trying to act like they were the victim when it was revealed that there was a subreddit dedicated to the dissemination of sexualized photos of girls that skirted the line of CSAM. Investigative journalism is by its nature not doxing (for why, please refer to the prior two pages.)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Doxxing is not just basic identity, or using online cues to tie someones two disparate accounts together. Doxxing is specifically done to inflict harm on someone by uncovering private info that the person generally doesn’t make public on their own.

There’s also the intent. Both legitimate companies AND malware groups use logging on your PC, but only one is used maliciously.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Rules for ethical behavior do change based on the identity of the person being acted on. Or more specifically their actions. There are relatively few universally immoral actions. Rape, etc.

Doxxing a rando is questionable at best. Doxxing an account that claims to be X in order to prove their aren't, is fine. (the many "as a black man" accounts by white racists, the "totally not Russian oops" accounts, etc). Or in this case someone who spends quite a lot of their time slandering others.

Some specific information may not be appropriate to include, sure. But there is absolutely nothing in the article currently up that is a problem.

Also you argued earlier in the thread that she doesn't cause harm. You are wrong.
    Raichik boasts that several teachers have been fired as a result of being featured on the account.
    By March, Libs of TikTok was directly impacting legislation. DeSantis’s press secretary Christina Pushaw credited the account with “opening her eyes” and informing her views on the state’s restrictive legislation that bans discussion of sexuality or gender identity in kindergarten through third grade, referred to by critics as the “don’t say gay” bill.

This has now progressed to Florida banning medical care for children. And even social transition, which is literally just the clothes you wear and the name you are called. People will die because of these actions.
    I have 0 issues with a campaign to call her business to get her fired. Fuck fascists.

Literally what she did to others, anyway.

Florida is just going crazy(er).

Getting rid of the special tax district thing over Disney in very corporate language having as soft a reaction to the "Don't Say Gay" stuff is just bonkers to me. Don't get me wrong, Disney is an evil empire that needs to fall into bankruptcy and be forgotten - but this isn't going to do that. It looks (to me?) like it's just going to destroy a weird portion of the state tax revenue and fuck over citizens.

This is literally all because a corporation wouldn't proclaim loudly (enough?) they hate LGBTQ youth. These are the same crazy fuckers banning math textbooks because of 'Critical Race Theory'.

I would like to resubmit my request that we build the wall just north of Tallahassee extending west and east to the ocean.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I think there are a lot of different definitions of doxing. I’ve just read 10 in the last 2 pages all different. Everyone working with a different definition is problematic.

The one I’m going with. Webster.

dox
    transitive verb
    informal

to publicly identify or publish private information about (someone) especially as a form of punishment or revenge.

This persons name was private or they intended for it to be private. They were investigated and their name was associated with their online identity. The effect is to punish them for their shitty shitty opinions.

And I’m totally ok with this.

zepherin on
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    This isn't doxing. If it is doxing, we didn't do it. If we did do doxing, it wasn't on purpose. Doxing is awesome and we meant to do it, and we'd do it again.

I see no slippery slope.

Edit: To be clear, tolerating this kind of intolerance because of anonymity is unacceptable as a society. I'm okay with this, and I'd be okay with a lot more than this.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    It's amazing no one complaining about doxxing had anything to say when the account was posting things like this

mashable reporter:
    a since-deleted Libs of TikTok tweet where she posts a woman's full contact info (address, place of work, phone #, email)

LoTT also boasts about personally having people call her employer

"she just posts videos of what people say"
    "doxxing is bad"

hmm...

(info blurred by me)

Kind of like how the right is current threatening free speech along multiple different areas in many states, and *somehow* most of the "OMG cancel culture! OMG campus censorship!" people don't give a shit.

(incidentally yes that is real despite being a screenshot; I found it in an archive of deleted tweets. Which link to archive.org copies, which are legit.

She also has such 'fun' opinions as
    I’m on a road trip now in the Southwest. America is truly a beautiful country 🇺🇸. I’m so grateful that we stole this land
    Trans 5 year old... it’s child abuse. pic.twitter.com/aog2W4KyWF
    (spoiler: it isn't)

and some ones that are just plain idiocy
    According to Georgetown University, you can’t take off your mask to sneeze

Take a look at the bullshit and ask yourself why people have to lie and say "She just republishes"
    https://github.com/salcoast/deleted-tweets-archive/blob/main/datasets/libsoftiktok-deleted.md

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Kind of like how the right is current threatening free speech along multiple different areas in many states, and *somehow* most of the "OMG cancel culture! OMG campus censorship!" people don't give a shit.
    Oh no consequences!

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    It's amazing no one complaining about doxxing had anything to say when the account was posting things like this

mashable reporter:
    a since-deleted Libs of TikTok tweet where she posts a woman's full contact info (address, place of work, phone #, email)

LoTT also boasts about personally having people call her employer

"she just posts videos of what people say"
    "doxxing is bad"

hmm...

(info blurred by me)

It's the usual fascist/bigot playbook: "oh no, how dare you do <thing we were both calling for, saying was fine, and already doing>" now that it's aimed at me!

And it works every fucking time because a whole bunch of...fascist sympathizers (there isn't a softer term because I am so fucking sick of these people) come out of the woodwork to have "high brow intellectual discourse" on whether the abstract issue was the "right thing to do or not, you know it's a complicated issue and I think..."

Tech Bro 101 is a whole bunch of sympathizers who only turn up once they can be "very concerned" about people's behavior. You know, provided the people aren't the fascists/bigots/homophobes/rapist apologists.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Oh no consequences!

On "cancel culture", barring particulary egregious actions (like, multiple Twitlongers with accusations of sexual harassment and up), most people just wait for a week or so for the heat to die down.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    MorganV wrote: »
    This is how I want Democrats to act.

"Senator Lana Theis accused me by name of grooming and sexualizing children in an attempt to marginalize me for standing up against her marginalizing the LGBTQ community...in a fundraising email, for herself. Hate wins when people like me stand by and let it happen. I won't."
    - Mallory McMorrow is a Michigan State Senator.

The cowering appeasement bullshit, trying to fudge around not calling hate for what it is, in the name of "civil discourse", I'm so fucking over.

I don't think Democrats should debase themselves with invective at every turn, and if Republicans as a party (unlikely), or as an individual (a rare few), are willing to be civil, they should be met halfway.

But Democrats should absolutely respond to heinous shit with righteous fury.

Politico Link
    Back in D.C., McMorrow’s speech has triggered a conversation among Democratic strategists about whether it’s a model for how the party can hit back on “culture war” issues. There’s a sense that the right has overreached on issues like abortion and LGBTQ rights, and that in doing so, they’ve provided Dems with an opening in an otherwise grim midterm cycle. Even Democrats who have long argued that the party should avoid hotly partisan culture issues altogether — or focus its energy on pocketbook issues — are starting to see the outlines of a new approach using McMorrow’s playbook.

Gee, you think a random member of the Michigan legislature getting 13 million views because she FOUGHT BACK is maybe suggestive of a strategy that would be a good idea?

I mean thank God they noticed, but any idiot could have suggested this strategy. But DC strategists are not just any idiots.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    This isn't doxing. If it is doxing, we didn't do it. If we did do doxing, it wasn't on purpose. Doxing is awesome and we meant to do it, and we'd do it again.

I see no slippery slope.

Edit: To be clear, tolerating this kind of intolerance because of anonymity is unacceptable as a society. I'm okay with this, and I'd be okay with a lot more than this.

What Taylor Lorenz did is investigative journalism. The way she handled her investigation was in line with journalistic ethics, relying on public documentation and such.

This is not doxing, and as Alex Pareene pointed out, the people who are trying to conflate the two are doing so in bad faith in order to undermine the concept of journalism.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, people don't get to claim they were doxxed when they happily submit their name to the public sphere alongside their shitty views that are aimed out influencing public policy. To claim she was doxxed, would be akin to claiming assholes like Glenn Youngkin are being doxxed when people point out their shitty views. This is the whole "you're being intolerant, by not tolerating my intolerance" horseshit argument.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

"Senator Lana Theis accused me by name of grooming and sexualizing children in an attempt to marginalize me for standing up against her marginalizing the LGBTQ community...in a fundraising email, for herself. Hate wins when people like me stand by and let it happen. I won't."

The cowering appeasement bullshit, trying to fudge around not calling hate for what it is, in the name of "civil discourse", I'm so fucking over.

I don't think Democrats should debase themselves with invective at every turn, and if Republicans as a party (unlikely), or as an individual (a rare few), are willing to be civil, they should be met halfway.

Politico Link
    Back in D.C., McMorrow’s speech has triggered a conversation among Democratic strategists about whether it’s a model for how the party can hit back on “culture war” issues. There’s a sense that the right has overreached on issues like abortion and LGBTQ rights, and that in doing so, they’ve provided Dems with an opening in an otherwise grim midterm cycle. Even Democrats who have long argued that the party should avoid hotly partisan culture issues altogether — or focus its energy on pocketbook issues — are starting to see the outlines of a new approach using McMorrow’s playbook.

Gee, you think a random member of the Michigan legislature getting 13 million views because she FOUGHT BACK is maybe suggestive of a strategy that would be a good idea?

I mean thank God they noticed, but any idiot could have suggested this strategy. But DC strategists are not just any idiots.

Views on an internet video don't mean shit if they don't turn into votes.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

Politico Link

That’s the point, they’re not getting the votes because they’re not making a case for themselves, Jesus fucking Christ on a cracker

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

Politico Link

That’s the point, they’re not getting the votes because they’re not making a case for themselves, Jesus fucking Christ on a cracker

Indeed, what they have to realize is that the few undecided people are impressed by you standing up for your views. Not ignoring the screaming of the other side.

People should stand up and say, "The things democrats want are good, and you want them too."

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Have the courage to fight for your principles, because your enemies certainly do. Worry not about civility; that is a trap laid for you by the comfortably powerful who wish to limit the scope of the arsenal with which you must be prepared to use when fighting them.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Have the courage to fight for your principles, because your enemies certainly do. Worry not about civility; that is a trap laid for you by the comfortably powerful who wish to limit the scope of the arsenal with which you must be prepared to use when fighting them.

Especially not as a suicide pact.

Bascially, the Republican position at the moment is "Be civil, you pedophile groomer!".

Accepting a demand for civility when they're literally trying to legislate people out of existence, and using the grossest terms to do so, yeah, fuck civility.

We'll stop unabashedly telling the truth about them, when they stop lying about us.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Republicans love civility, that's why they worship Donald Trump, a man mainly noted for being vile to celebrities on Twitter, pre-politics. And who sent an angry mob to invade congress when he lost an election.

• Options
    Republicans love civility, that's why they worship Donald Trump, a man mainly noted for being vile to celebrities on Twitter, pre-politics. And who sent an angry mob to invade congress when he lost an election.

They love civility because only one party is held to the standard.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    When God is on your side, you don't need to be civil :rotate:

• Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    We all know civility is saying "Thank you" while the boot is crushing your throat.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Calica wrote: »

Oh, then what's their excuse then? Because I feel like I'm more likely to have god on my side than they are.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

Oh, then what's their excuse then? Because I feel like I'm more likely to have god on my side than they are.

see... you worded that in a way that it was possible it wasn't the case.

they wouldn't do that.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular

Yeah but Republican Jesus is the one that really matters and that guy is bananas.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    If all doxxing is, is publishing a private individual's name without their permission, then the term is meaningless unless you're up in arms about every news article published about criminal convictions. Lots of people are routinely identified in news articles without their permission. Because their actions have made their names newsworthy.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »

see... you worded that in a way that it was possible it wasn't the case.

they wouldn't do that.

Yeah but I'm an atheist

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    If all doxxing is, is publishing a private individual's name without their permission, then the term is meaningless unless you're up in arms about every news article published about criminal convictions. Lots of people are routinely identified in news articles without their permission. Because their actions have made their names newsworthy.

Or, you know, the phone book.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

When you make a term meaningless it allows you to muddy the waters and its not such a big deal when you wield it against an opponent that has standards and creates a discussion that enables whataboutism. "Alex Jones and his cohorts have doxxed people(made school shooting victims and their families lives a nightmare by posting their updated address and contact info)" "oh yeah, democrats dox people too(said someones name)!"

It's why we keep hearing the name Hunter Biden despite......theres really just nothing there. Whenever I ask what he did or official position he held that he violated, I get "every politician is dirty" ignoring that he isnt a politician.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    And on the subject of word definitions being important and the alt-right pushing transphobia to encourage stochastic terrorism...
    A California man was arrested and charged after making threats against Merriam-Webster, Inc. for the company's inclusive language around gender, according to the U.S. Attorney's office for the District of Massachusetts.
    On Oct. 2, 2021, he used the username " @anonYmous " to comment on Merriam-Webster's dictionary entry for the term "female."

“It is absolutely sickening that Merriam-Webster now tells blatant lies and promotes anti-science propaganda. There is no such thing as ‘gender identity.’ The imbecile who wrote this entry should be hunted down and shot," he allegedly wrote.
    "You [sic] headquarters should be shot up and bombed ... You evil Marxists should all be killed. It would be poetic justice to have someone storm your offices and shoot up the place, leaving none of you commies alive," he allegedly wrote.

via NBC News

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/3460403-missouri-lawmakers-consider-extending-proposed-ban-on-gender-affirming-care-to-adults/

Things are accelerating so so quickly. Feels more and more like I am either going to need to learn how to make my own DIY estradiol, begin stockpiling more than I already have by ordering from overseas, or just leave the country after the midterms.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/3460403-missouri-lawmakers-consider-extending-proposed-ban-on-gender-affirming-care-to-adults/

Things are accelerating so so quickly. Feels more and more like I am either going to need to learn how to make my own DIY estradiol, begin stockpiling more than I already have by ordering from overseas, or just leave the country after the midterms.

Compare / contrast:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1518268282238685184
    Gonna go out on a limb here and say that maybe this isn’t about protecting children

Tweeter works for media matters but what you want are the pictures. Which is this same state refusing to ban child marriage.

Blue states will be fine post midterms legally speaking. Red states are going to see exactly how dickish the courts will let them be for votes.

So, 2004 midterms: Take 2.

And the usual shit heads are trying to encourage stocsstic terrorism because of course they are:

https://mobile.twitter.com/reclaimingtrans/status/1517638587713564672
    This is very, very bad. A bunch of right-wing people fired up by the grooming panic & conspiracy theories about gender ideology just discovered the existence of a map of clinics & doctors that help trans youth. I'm worried about where this could go.

Ky is a rando again important thing in the screenshot. Right wing dipshits have again found a list of informed consent clinics.

The last attempt to whip up a frenzy over this just got them banned and didn't accomplish much, so this time they're lying about what the clinics are, claiming every single one is a pediatric clinic.

1. No they aren't. Informed consent clinics don't cater to minors

2. Trans healthcare is not bad and is required starting at puberty get stuffed you assholes.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    MsAnthropy wrote: »

Compare / contrast:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1518268282238685184
    Gonna go out on a limb here and say that maybe this isn’t about protecting children

Tweeter works for media matters but what you want are the pictures. Which is this same state refusing to ban child marriage.

Blue states will be fine post midterms legally speaking. Red states are going to see exactly how dickish the courts will let them be for votes.

So, 2004 midterms: Take 2.

And the usual shit heads are trying to encourage stocsstic terrorism because of course they are:

https://mobile.twitter.com/reclaimingtrans/status/1517638587713564672
    This is very, very bad. A bunch of right-wing people fired up by the grooming panic & conspiracy theories about gender ideology just discovered the existence of a map of clinics & doctors that help trans youth. I'm worried about where this could go.

Ky is a rando again important thing in the screenshot. Right wing dipshits have again found a list of informed consent clinics.

The last attempt to whip up a frenzy over this just got them banned and didn't accomplish much, so this time they're lying about what the clinics are, claiming every single one is a pediatric clinic.

1. No they aren't. Informed consent clinics don't cater to minors

2. Trans healthcare is not bad and is required starting at puberty get stuffed you assholes.

Terrorism worked against abortion clinics, so why not repeat the playbook

• Options
    This Twitter thread explains why the "biological advantage" argument is a load of gooseshit:

Short version: Many of the most successful athletes in the world are such because they have a biological trait that makes them much more adapted to the demands of the sport.

• Options
    Being AMAB does not imbue anyone with any inherent biological advantage over someone AFAB.

The recent uptick in transphobia, as ever, intersects with misogynoir as numerous African female athletes have been told that they cannot compete in various competitions without taking hormone suppressants because they "naturally produce too much testosterone"

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Being AMAB does not imbue anyone with any inherent biological advantage over someone AFAB.

The recent uptick in transphobia, as ever, intersects with misogynoir as numerous African female athletes have been told that they cannot compete in various competitions without taking hormone suppressants because they "naturally produce too much testosterone"

Hold up, the best part of that is Semenya is only banned from certain distances- I think she’s banned from 400m up but fine for the sprint distances

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Hold up, the best part of that is Semenya is only banned from certain distances- I think she’s banned from 400m up but fine for the sprint distances

She herself has pointed out the absurdity of the supposed justifications in the face of not being banned from all competition, just some events, but hypocrisy is no obstacle to those who lack a conscience.

• Options
    This Twitter thread explains why the "biological advantage" argument is a load of gooseshit:

Short version: Many of the most successful athletes in the world are such because they have a biological trait that makes them much more adapted to the demands of the sport.

Or in Phelps' case multiple such traits. He also has super long arms, a long torso, and short legs. So more power in the upper body, less drag in the lower body, and he's got the kick thing. The whole but my sports thing is dumb. Especially given that Utah passed legislation to ban literally one kid from participating. Such bullshit.

In other bullshit news, Missouri is considering going further and banning hormone treatments etc for adults up to age 25.