As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

19495969798100»

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Oh man. PC release on day 1? Yes please. (Sorry Nintendo Switch, but if I have the option between you and the Steam Deck, I will pick the Deck every time.)

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I don't think I've ever seen such an abundance of farming sims and Square Enix rpgs on one system before. It seemed like they dominated this direct.

Some really good stuff though. I'm excited for Ryza 3, Octopath 2, Raincode and Harvestella.

T-Danger on
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What's the release date on Octopath 2? I'm at work and haven't had a chance to visit Youtube yet today.

February 24, 2023. Supposedly it'll be released on Switch & PC at the same time afaik (dunno about other consoles)

Playstation 4/5 as well. Official trailer here

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    (I will never listen to Jeff Grubb ever again >:[ )

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Heh Grubb was actually expressing doubts on TP/WW, it was his partner-in-crime Minotti who was so gung-ho.

Grubb claimed he "knew" Prime remaster is November, that it would be in the Direct was just a guess. So I'll wait until then before declaring fraudster.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Seriously though, how many games did they announce for February in this direct?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    It's possible we could get a direct mini before the holiday with some more stuff, but doubtful. I think Prime and the Zelda remasters are just sitting on the shelf for now.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I can only farm so much, and the urge only hits me about once every other year, and even that feels like it's lessened by fucking everything under the sun making you pick up random grass and detritus constantly.

I'm interested in what's changing/being refined for Octopath 2. I really thought it'd be my jam, but I tried to play it twice and it never clicked at all, while I found a lot of mechanics really frustrating and obnoxious. I'm over Gust at this point. Call me if they get their heads out of their asses. Their PS2 games were almost all solid. PS3 eventually got back to at least recommendable, with the unfortunate Shallie backslide to end things. Everything I've touched from them since then I have deeply regretted.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    It's possible we could get a direct mini before the holiday with some more stuff, but doubtful. I think Prime and the Zelda remasters are just sitting on the shelf for now.

It
    sucks

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

The way Nintendo operates now they will just put these out on Twitter as they come.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Talith wrote: »
    New Fire Emblem
    New Zelda
    New Octopath
    New Bayonetta
    New Pikmin
    New Rune Factory
    Splatfest
    Harvestella demo

overall a good show for me

shame no mention of Advance Wars or Metroid Prime but they'll eventually get their day
    I get the feeling Nintendo wanted Advance Wars shelved and the war was just a convenient excuse. You don’t see other war shooters being delayed, and those are way more realistic than goofy Advance Wars. And nobody is complaining that Call of Duty 21 is releasing as planned.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    And then Goldeneye, a game where you actually shoot Russians and praise the now-dead queen, just got unveiled.

• Options
    And then Goldeneye, a game where you actually shoot Russians and praise the now-dead queen, just got unveiled.

I suspect that might have been driven by MS since the Goldeneye remaster is now coming out as well

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Oh man. PC release on day 1? Yes please. (Sorry Nintendo Switch, but if I have the option between you and the Steam Deck, I will pick the Deck every time.)

Ugh not me. I've had my Deck for a couple months now and it's become abundantly clear that thing is no where near the quality of the Switch in terms of just being a handheld. Much more powerful, yes, but the Switch OLED is smaller/lighter yet feels more solidly made, the screen is 1000000x better to where certain games just end up looking better on the switch despite running on a far inferior machine, has a better curated ecosystem that you don't have to deal with etc. All this means anything that runs just as well on the Switch as it does the Steam Deck I'm gonna get for the Switch no question. To me the Steam Deck is more experimental. It's meant to be for playing games that couldn't/dont run on the Switch or wouldn't work well on a gamepad, for expanding the boundaries with that and for tinkering with interesting apps and capabilities, that sort of thing. Steam Deck is a great concept but it's super rough around the edges rn and doesn't compare to the Switch in it's current form at all... Stick issues (both of mine rub up against something else inside the Deck which is super annoying), overheating issues, software crashes and incompatibilities that they don't tell you about (although they do do a good job for the most part), issues with force feedback in the trackpads, issues with the trackpads themselves, and to be honest, just the design and construction of the thing in general feels like a rough prototype (Not to mention it's heavy as fuck). Don't get me wrong I do like my Steam Deck, I even got the super premium-demium whateverthefuck version, but I'm not gonna kid myself and act like it's some perfect device that renders the Switch obsolete either. It most definitely does not and not just because the Switch has Nintendo stuff on it.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I cant believe Factorio is coming, that is like my dream game for portable play. Like just recently I was pining for that kind of game to the point I was considering a Steam Deck. Now I don't have to!

Since wishes are coming true: gosh I'd sure like a portable Satisfactory

• Options
    The real bummer is that there was no announcement of a physical version of Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits including the rod controller coming to the west

for

shame

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

Ugh not me. I've had my Deck for a couple months now and it's become abundantly clear that thing is no where near the quality of the Switch in terms of just being a handheld. Much more powerful, yes, but the Switch OLED is smaller/lighter yet feels more solidly made, the screen is 1000000x better to where certain games just end up looking better on the switch despite running on a far inferior machine, has a better curated ecosystem that you don't have to deal with etc. All this means anything that runs just as well on the Switch as it does the Steam Deck I'm gonna get for the Switch no question. To me the Steam Deck is more experimental. It's meant to be for playing games that couldn't/dont run on the Switch or wouldn't work well on a gamepad, for expanding the boundaries with that and for tinkering with interesting apps and capabilities, that sort of thing. Steam Deck is a great concept but it's super rough around the edges rn and doesn't compare to the Switch in it's current form at all... Stick issues (both of mine rub up against something else inside the Deck which is super annoying), overheating issues, software crashes and incompatibilities that they don't tell you about (although they do do a good job for the most part), issues with force feedback in the trackpads, issues with the trackpads themselves, and to be honest, just the design and construction of the thing in general feels like a rough prototype (Not to mention it's heavy as fuck). Don't get me wrong I do like my Steam Deck, I even got the super premium-demium whateverthefuck version, but I'm not gonna kid myself and act like it's some perfect device that renders the Switch obsolete either. It most definitely does not and not just because the Switch has Nintendo stuff on it.

I want a Steam Deck, but I don't want to be a beta tester so I am ultimately waiting for the 2nd iteration of the hardware.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    It's a PC, it's always going to look like beta testing compared to a console.

I do think Nintendo will be modernizing their hardware soon, so just wait for that if you want a console.