As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    You need some kind of main DPS to build around and the only one that kinda meets those qualifications in the list is Noelle, Tighnari, and maybe Kaeya. But Geo is infamously a non-reactive element, it does Crystallize which gives you shields but as you've found the issue is killing things faster not surviving longer. Tighnari would be a great pick along with some Hydro, Cryo, and Electro but like you said he needs Sumeru items. You could go on a material run maybe, pick up Dendro Traveler and as many teleport points as possible for Tighnari material farming. I know I've seen videos of people speedrunning getting Treeveler that way since it's their best element.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Xingqiu's great, but for giving other people more damage, not doing it himself.

You look like you've rolled a crazy number of supports and not a lot else. Tighnari, Kaeya, or Lisa is probably the "correct" carry with that setup.

But honestly, at level 40, just find yourself a team you like playing for the moment.

Yeah I feel like my luck runs on the Support side of the rolls. My problem is whatever I put together is great for the fight I see coming ahead, but takes forever for those fights their not matched for. I know there isn't some all great Team that can handle all elements, but man I feel like I can only handle a few elements.
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Also, complete your dailies.

I had Collei at level 40 long before I got to Sumeru because I got Nagadus Emeralds from completing my Daily Commissions.

And don’t be afraid to just walk to Sumeru. I haven’t actually gotten to Inazuma in the story but I explored my way to Sumeru when my main team was level 40 and it was fine.

I do all my Dailies when I login and also work on Rep, etc. The longest is of course spending the 150 whatevertheheck to open the flowers. I may just walk to Sumeru like I had to go to Lien Yu(?) to ascend Xingqui.
    Spoit wrote: »
    Noelle is probably the best carry of the list, but she takes some gearing up to shine. And she's kinda selfish, so doesn't have a ton of synergies.

If you have primos, or money, wanderer will be a good main. but again, summeru materials, probably

I had primos but used them to rollx10. I guess it's a wal to Sumeru then!

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    If you managed to pick up Yanfei in the upcoming Wanderer/Itto banners that'd go a long way too. Strong Pyro is a slot you're lacking and her materials are Liyue so more accessible. Problem is she's featured with two other 4* so there's no guarantee you could get her and those other two are Inazuma/Sumeru materials again.

Madican on
  • Options
    Just checking that there isn't any type of AR requirement or anything else that will stop me from walking to Sumeru? I was looking it up and one thing I read said it was a AR35 or higher.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Looks like AR 35 is required after all. Unfortunate.

In the meanwhile, Noelle looks to be your best pick. Build her as strong as possible and it should work.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I think to do the story quests you have to be AR35, but to just walk out there and get materials and unlock Treeveler shouldn't have any rank requirements.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Yeah I walked to Sumeru before AR35. There's no gates at all. And if you walk into a fight that looks beyond you, just run away.

The Terrorshroom itself I found super easy, and I di it with an Electro (which gives it buffs) and no pyro (which it's weak to).

-Loki- on
  • Options
    I didn't read its hint stuff and ungabungad with Fischl/Rosaria/Jean before I realized what was going on. It's really not too bad.

• Options
    Hey the BP ended, when does the new one start?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Hey the BP ended, when does the new one start?

After maintenance two days from now (the 7th) to update the game to 3.3. Battle Passes last for a whole update cycle, so when a new patch drops, a new BP goes up.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Ive been mopping up quests in Liyue now that the main story is done, and man, they really need to put an 'estimated time' on these things. Some are literally just 'go to NPC, give them 2 materials you already had on hand, here's some primogems'.

Then suddenly you get one where it takes 45 minutes with several fights and a lot of walking and a lot of talking.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Ive been mopping up quests in Liyue now that the main story is done, and man, they really need to put an 'estimated time' on these things. Some are literally just 'go to NPC, give them 2 materials you already had on hand, here's some primogems'.

Then suddenly you get one where it takes 45 minutes with several fights and a lot of walking and a lot of talking.

"Woodland Encounter", the one that starts the forest spirit questline in Sumeru is a great example of this. It looks like a ridiculously simple sidequest and it ends up taking like 10 hours (or something, hard to say when you do it slowly along other stuff) to finish.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

"Woodland Encounter", the one that starts the forest spirit questline in Sumeru is a great example of this. It looks like a ridiculously simple sidequest and it ends up taking like 10 hours (or something, hard to say when you do it slowly along other stuff) to finish.

It is, at least, very lucrative - it hands out a ton of gems along the way, since every little step is like another 10-20 of em. ...also, it's basically required as well to complete the first part of Sumeru since it's the world quest, just how it works there.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

It is, at least, very lucrative - it hands out a ton of gems along the way, since every little step is like another 10-20 of em. ...also, it's basically required as well to complete the first part of Sumeru since it's the world quest, just how it works there.

I enjoyed it, it's just amusing how it really doesn't advertise itself much. If you are the type who easily leaves bunch of world quests hanging you might end up skipping it, at least until you start wondering why you can't do anything with your dendro sigils.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

I enjoyed it, it's just amusing how it really doesn't advertise itself much. If you are the type who easily leaves bunch of world quests hanging you might end up skipping it, at least until you start wondering why you can't do anything with your dendro sigils.

Or you've spotted that one dendroculus visible right near the start of Sumeru behind a tangle of vines and search for a way to get in.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I ran my way to Sumeru and got some stuff done!

sdijioaasijl.png

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Doesn't look like the link is working I don't think?

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Picture working?

Still trying to beat the 3rd floor of Spiral Abyss for Xiangling, and not doing well. Suggested f2p teams were:
    Traveller(Anemo), Xinagling(don't have), Lisa and Barbara. With the Anemo buff it still doesn't help, maybe if I bring Tig for his dendro? Then apply dendro, fire and swirl it with Traveller?

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    With Dendro you would probably want to throw in Hydro, Cryo, and Electro for Bloom/Aggravate. Burn isn't terrible, I've seen some big numbers from it, but in comparison to those two it is worse.

With Tighnari your likely team would probably be: Tighnari, Xingqiu, Kaeya, and Lisa for maximum elemental reactions

• Options

Picture working?

Still trying to beat the 3rd floor of Spiral Abyss for Xiangling, and not doing well. Suggested f2p teams were:
    Traveller(Anemo), Xinagling(don't have), Lisa and Barbara. With the Anemo buff it still doesn't help, maybe if I bring Tig for his dendro? Then apply dendro, fire and swirl it with Traveller?

I remember trying to make Anemo Traveller to work and it's just not very good in my experience. Tigh does decent damage, especially when paired with electro. If you bring Tigh, you might also want to bring Layla for her shield so you aren't getting slapped out of aiming mode every time something swings at you.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I like Anemo traveller, but the main problem for me is Jean is better. Travellers Tornado is fun, but Jeans Elemental Burst is better because it also heals. Jean has the same Elemental skill and also hits harder, and heals on hits. If you've got Jean, there's zero reason to use Anemo Traveller.

I still want to slot Traveller into a group because I like the design, but Anemo isn't it.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Dendro is easily the best traveler, so.

• Options
    Treeveler's only down side is he's very energy hungry. If you don't run him with a battery then you've got to dump tons into ER.

But he's quite good.

• Options
    Problem there is I love Collei, so it's not likely I'm going to swap her out for Traveler in my current team.

Maybe a second team with some other characters I like. Maybe I can make a fun team with Traveler, Noelle and Xianling.

• Options
    Problem there is I love Collei, so it's not likely I'm going to swap her out for Traveler in my current team.

Maybe a second team with some other characters I like. Maybe I can make a fun team with Traveler, Noelle and Xianling.

You can have two dendros in the same team, the resonance is decent. Or not, there's no compelling reason to use the Traveler at all. It's just if you do want to use them, dendro's the best and anemo IMO is the worst.

As far as teams go it's good to be flexible about them, many boss fights are a lot easier or harder depending who you bring. Though I guess early on it's good to concentrate your resources so that you have a fully built A-team for difficult fights. I have ... counts ... 33 fully built characters so I'm constantly swapping them around.

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Uh oh.

Card game's pretty fun.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    I absolutely cannot log in tonight or I'll be up all night playing the card game.

• Options
    I can't do anything with the card game until I finish Albedo's story quest apparently. So I'm safe for now.

Seriously why is that a thing

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    I absolutely cannot log in tonight or I'll be up all night playing the card game.

Can confirm

Madican wrote: »
    I can't do anything with the card game until I finish Albedo's story quest apparently. So I'm safe for now.

Seriously why is that a thing

Shared npc's :(

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Here's a new code for some primos: XBRSDNF6BP4R

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I am really, really liking the TCG. I mean, I was expecting to like it, but I decided to keep away from details before it released, and wound up being really impressed with how much effort they put into it.

Haven't put too much time into it yet, but the decks I'm currently using are built around Fischl/Collei/Yoimiya and Ayaka/Oceanid/Keqing. Liking both decks quite a bit, but I think Oceanid would work better in a deck that doesn't have cryo; its summons triggering freeze at the end of turns sometimes is kind of a waste.

I'm definitely going to experiment with decks that use two or even just one element, but I want to get a better idea of what all the characters do and try to build first so I can try to build a really synergistic deck.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Yoimiya is amazing for TCG I feel - her normal attack can easily ramp up to be hitting as hard as bursts and just delete things. Then she bursts and tags out and you start applying bonus reaction damage to everything with your other characters and the result is sky high single target damage all day long.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Nerf minty meat plz.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    I ran my way to Sumeru and got some stuff done!

sdijioaasijl.png

My suggestion here is Xingqiu, Tighnari, Noelle, and Lisa.

Get stuff wet with XQ, make seeds with Tigger, turn them all into seekers with a Lisa charged attack. XQ's rain swords will help with stagger and interrupt resistance, Noelle's just there to heal if you need it.

When XQ's burst is up you can make a whole ton of seeds, just hit some normals after Tigger's seekers go off to make it rain.

This should work great against everything except ice shields, just make sure to not run your stamina dry. You should be able to clear out enough of the spiral abyss to get Xiangling, too, and there's only the one chonker of a frost slime that might give you a hard time in that regard.

• Options
    Noelle is not particularly good at healing - I'd run Barbara over her for that.

• Options
    I keep seeing people rank Noelle over Jean and Barbara for healing and yeah I don’t get it. She’s a super, super tough tank that has a bit of healing. If you want an actual healer it’s Jean or Barbara.

• Options
    Jean can literally bring my entire team back from the brink of death with one burst. And while I'm in the burst I'm borderline immortal.

Also I unlocked the card game and oh no what have I done it's Triple Triad all over again. Only better because it not only shows on the map where the players are but ALSO what you WILL win from them. No fighting someone for a full day and getting nothing.

• Options
    Until now, trying to get the black sword through the battle pass, I’d never really tried to do a whole heap of stuff every day. A boss here and there, some ley lines.

But now that I’m trying to hit the weekly objectives, I’m hitting the limits of the daily resin cal and it’s not feeling great. I’ve got a heap of Fragile Resin built up from dicking around so long but I’m starting to use those and I’m feeling the pay to advance aspects of the game.

Feels weird to have to pace myself and think ‘today, I’m doing a couple of domain runs, so no boss or ley lines for me today’.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Jean can literally bring my entire team back from the brink of death with one burst. And while I'm in the burst I'm borderline immortal.

Also I unlocked the card game and oh no what have I done it's Triple Triad all over again. Only better because it not only shows on the map where the players are but ALSO what you WILL win from them. No fighting someone for a full day and getting nothing.

I have trouble cycling Jean out of any party I make because she's just so damn useful. I never cared for Noelle as a healer. Early on I got a lot of use out of Barbara for her healing and because she worked pretty well with Beidou, who I also used a lot early on.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Until now, trying to get the black sword through the battle pass, I’d never really tried to do a whole heap of stuff every day. A boss here and there, some ley lines.

But now that I’m trying to hit the weekly objectives, I’m hitting the limits of the daily resin cal and it’s not feeling great. I’ve got a heap of Fragile Resin built up from dicking around so long but I’m starting to use those and I’m feeling the pay to advance aspects of the game.

Feels weird to have to pace myself and think ‘today, I’m doing a couple of domain runs, so no boss or ley lines for me today’.

Setting goals helps in that some. Don't have a lot of time to play today? Hit a few leylines and call it a day. More time tomorrow? Work on some of the bosses that are harder, or get some time in on whatever event is happening.

I understand the "pay to advance" feeling, but that's somewhat limited. You can only refresh resin with primos a few times a day. It's less pay to advance and more just time gating. They want you to come back and keep playing which can feel bad! Just... don't get too discouraged and focused on getting your people stronger. Enjoy the ride.

Edit: also the exploration is a big amount of the time sink for when you're out of resin. There's a stupid number of little things to find that aren't just chests or statue materials, depending on how interested you are in world building.

Shadowfire on