Options

The [Wrestling] Thread is Headed to Philadelphia!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Hikuleo seems like an obvious WWE guy, while Jay might have a good reason to go to either if they pay/treat him well enough. He did just drop the title as well.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Omega and Okada in a tag-team is an excellent ending to this show. Pity they have to lose to Jeff Cobb now.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    This main event is nuts.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Im going to tell you right now

GOD I PRAY Kenny is at Korakuen Hall tonight, but I doubt it since he doesnt really have allies in NJPW to do a tag vs United Empire with

This aged poorly lol

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    WWE Money in the Bank is in London this July

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The stip was apparently Loser Leaves Japan, so it's likely the loser will just be working Strong a lot more this year. Maybe impact and AEW on occasion.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Magell wrote: »
    While I aporeciate Aubrey overruling this ending and continuing this match why doesn't that happen for all cheating and why leave Sonjay ringside.

I actually think they did better than average on the Dusty Finish, the herd of refs it took to pull Satnam away gave reason for A - Aubrey to still be out there to notice and B -missing Sanjay.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Maybe AEW is going to use Mercedes to beat Jade and keep her away from Saraya for a bit.

Shida was clearly pissed no way Toni is actually gonna make it to that match.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    WWE Money in the Bank is in London this July

Winner better cash in on the flight back to the US.

• Options
    I like that instead of Satnam being apoplectic like everyone when they get ejected, he just stood there cursing out the refs and giving them double birds.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
  • Options
    I still can't believe Slap Fight got a tv deal in the first place.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I only really know of them from Moist Critikal so unless he was going to host the show as the weird mostly stoned purveryer of sex toy weaponry it just wouldn't be the same.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I only really know of them from Moist Critikal so unless he was going to host the show as the weird mostly stoned purveryer of sex toy weaponry it just wouldn't be the same.

I've seen it because it was recommended on Fite and that app knows I love trash. The best thing I can say about it is that it is what it's advertised to be.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I've seen it because it was recommended on Fite and that app knows I love trash. The best thing I can say about it is that it is what it's advertised to be.

Oh yeah 100% its exactly what its advertised as.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    But what it was advertised as was silly, dangerous garbage.

Open hand palm strikes to the face and head are dangerous. See: Cyber Fight Festival 2022. Turning it into an "Ow My Balls" level program trivalizes CTE and concussions more than we already do in society.

Edit: it shouldn't have had to take the terrible optics of a man slapping his wife to get the show about slapping people canceled.

This is "Will Smith didn't assault Chris Rock, he slapped him" all over again.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    With that said, the replies suggesting TK can now slyly offer WB a quick one hour program called ROH in the time slot is very funny.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    But what it was advertised as was silly, dangerous garbage.

Open hand palm strikes to the face and head are dangerous. See: Cyber Fight Festival 2022. Turning it into an "Ow My Balls" level program trivalizes CTE and concussions more than we already do in society.

Edit: it shouldn't have had to take the terrible optics of a man slapping his wife to get the show about slapping people canceled.

This is "Will Smith didn't assault Chris Rock, he slapped him" all over again.

I mean, the wrestler who got KO'd and concussed at CyberFight is my favorite wrestler of all time, you don't gotta explain this to me.

• Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Card Subject to Change

Can you do that? Just un-retire and go back to the spot you had?

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Wait the fuck? God damn if this was a WWE storyline I'd say it was hack written!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Azraith wrote: »

I don't for a moment trust that to last a calendar year under the modern (not even just current, 2000-current) Supreme Court

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Not only WWE.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Ospreay has to stop doing the Os-Cutter as a big move. You can't hit two dope ass hidden blades then do a dumb leap of faith ace crusher

The hidden blade is one of those moves that, I know it's worked but I don't know how and I don't want to know how. It's like Super Dragon's version of the Curb Stomp or The Awful Waffle where it looks like a loophole that makes murder legal.

Weirdly the Hidden Blade is one of those moves my mind just would not accept and as I result I see right through it and it looks totally fake to me which is annoying. Back in the 90s after doing my compute graphics course at University I could not "turn off" my ability to spot digital artefacts in film and tv which was very distracting. Hidden Blade triggers the same sort of thing, I cant unsee it.

Curb Stomp, however, is 100% legalised murder. I've always just assumed the twin brother of who ever has just been killed takes on the role of the deceased.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options

Also from the article
    He has communicated to the board that unless he has direct involvement as executive chairman from the outset of a strategic review, he won’t support or approve any media-rights deal or sale, the people said.

Bold is extremely important considering the TV deals are up next Sept

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

Is Todd's original tweet too naive re: corporate execs or am I just too cynical?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    NBC and Fox definitely never work with the NFL or anything

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    NBC and Fox definitely never work with the NFL or anything

Yeah was going to say.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Ospreay has to stop doing the Os-Cutter as a big move. You can't hit two dope ass hidden blades then do a dumb leap of faith ace crusher

The hidden blade is one of those moves that, I know it's worked but I don't know how and I don't want to know how. It's like Super Dragon's version of the Curb Stomp or The Awful Waffle where it looks like a loophole that makes murder legal.

Weirdly the Hidden Blade is one of those moves my mind just would not accept and as I result I see right through it and it looks totally fake to me which is annoying. Back in the 90s after doing my compute graphics course at University I could not "turn off" my ability to spot digital artefacts in film and tv which was very distracting. Hidden Blade triggers the same sort of thing, I cant unsee it.

Curb Stomp, however, is 100% legalised murder. I've always just assumed the twin brother of who ever has just been killed takes on the role of the deceased.

For me, the Hidden Blade is like the V Trigger. It looks awesome and devastating, but also kind of obvious how it works. They both pretty much sit right in the pro wrestling sweet spot for me, as I tend to not like the moves that can't be worked, or at least I cant see how its worked, but are still visually impressive (lots of ropes bouncing on the v trigger). I'm prone to worrying about real injuries and I like to see:

Spoiler for the person who doesn't want to know how the hidden blade or v trigger works
    Kenny Omega clearly do the knee strike to the air in front of their face, or off to the side of their head, and then press his leg into their head once it's done rising.
    Hidden Blade is kind of the opposite, where it looks like he is kind of hitting with his shoulder or bicep at the beginning of the move, and following through with a push while they are falling

• Options
    Who would be the best case scenario, from a wrestling fan standpoint, to buy WWE, do you think?

What about the worst (after Elon Musk, of course)?

• Options
    There's a clip of a shoot interview Moxley did back in the day, where he talks about a hardcore spot where someone put like a saw up to his forehead. He basically says "Either it's real, and I'm dead, or it's movie magic"

The Hidden Blade is like that, where if he was actually doing that move as a shoot, the person he's fighting would be dead or seriously injured. I can accept that uncanny valley sort of thing. Some people can't. To them, knowing it's obviously a worked move takes them out of it entirely, because now it's too fake.

I remember this one games writer, Danielle Riendeau, always went on about how she couldn't enjoy wrestling because she trained and watched MMA and so the gulf between shoot fighting and worked fighting was too much. A lot of "Why isn't this wrestler going for XYZ move if they're trying to win?". I assume the rise of MMA gimmicks in recent years didn't help.

For me, knowing that there's a trick involved doesn't make me less in awe at the skill needed to do it and do it well.

V Trigger is the same way. A shoot knee to the head is death. Clearly nobody is dead or even hurt (except EVIL that one time, maybe) so he must be doing it right.

Chuck Taylor once joked that he was terrified to get into a real fight because he'd start throwing worked punches by accident.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    The kind of move that tends to take me out of is the "tangled limb" type of move. Like, it happens in a bunch of submissions, where a guy like, puts the other guy's arm around his knee or something, and then this guy is supposedly stuck. Like, why can't he just move his arm? The tree of woe is a lot like that too, though not quite as bad.

The other main one is when the downed wrestler just kind of gradually scooches into position for a big spot, but I wouldn't put that in the same class, as I would expect that is actually considered sloppy and not the intentional design of the sequence.

• Options
    So he's extorting the company to reinstall himself? Jesus and the stock went up? Are you fucking joking?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I assume the stock went up because they are talking publicly about seeking a purchase, which could lead to more money for shareholders.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    "This is what I built. The WWE is mine. It's mine. I created it. I'm not gonna let you kill, what I created. Because I'm going to kill what I’ve created. I’m gonna kill my creation! I'm going to inject the WWE with a lethal dose of poison. IF ANYBODY'S GONNA KILL MY CREATION, I'M GONNA DO IT!"

and then he turns the chair around and "shitty booking" is written on the back.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    NBC/Universal is the best bet for a WWE buyer since that's already where they get like 3/4 of their income from.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Look, old people die falling down the stairs all the time. And Triple H's fingerprints on the back of his shirt don't mean anything, he's his son-in-law, they're together a lot!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
This discussion has been closed.