As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's a normal hairstyle

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    and personally if i were going to concern troll about the robots it would be about how sexy they are and how much the internet wants to fuck them rather than how evil they are

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    AC Syndicate:

It might be a bit obvious which character I put time into
    9vhczovxul6z.jpg

Anyway, I've conquered all of the City of London, I've collected every collectible possible. I have the special isu style outfit for Evie, I've gotten Evie (and by extension, Jacob) to level 10, every associate has loyalty level 5, all of the Charles Dickens quests are done.

I should probably start the first quest they give you after the "Welcome to London" scene.

I know that people generally consider Origins to be the "start" of AC's RPG phase, but I'm seeing a whoooole lot of RPG elements in Syndicate which doesn't strike me as all that different from the latest three.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i have never seen that woman before but i have seen that hairstyle in a multitude of places

really not sure A connects to B there

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    First person that hair brings to my mind is Princess Leia on Hoth

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    and personally if i were going to concern troll about the robots it would be about how sexy they are and how much the internet wants to fuck them rather than how evil they are

people are so horny for them

like, even hornier than normal for sexy robots

a concerning level of horny from a section of the internet that is already upsettingly horny

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    as we all know video games with soviet era aesthetics tend to come from people who like russia

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I will never fuck a robot.

My first instinct when I see a roomba is to shoot it.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    If there's one thing we've learned, it's that the sexiness of a thing has a tenuous connection at best to how badly the internet wants to fuck it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    AC Syndicate:

9vhczovxul6z.jpg

Anyway, I've conquered all of the City of London, I've collected every collectible possible. I have the special isu style outfit for Evie, I've gotten Evie (and by extension, Jacob) to level 10, every associate has loyalty level 5, all of the Charles Dickens quests are done.

I should probably start the first quest they give you after the "Welcome to London" scene.

I know that people generally consider Origins to be the "start" of AC's RPG phase, but I'm seeing a whoooole lot of RPG elements in Syndicate which doesn't strike me as all that different from the latest three.

Does that mean you did all that without the grappling hook?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

people are so horny for them

like, even hornier than normal for sexy robots

a concerning level of horny from a section of the internet that is already upsettingly horny

fuckable robots are super good, actually

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Atomic Heart is apparently real and coming out this month, plus it's a day 1 on GamePass.

https://youtu.be/GFyjojXpehA

Looks...

Bioshocky

Always wondered why they made the evil robots look that close to a famous Ukrainian politician..
    lsroz10njyyh.png
    txvgoetcnnn1.png
    Surely no bad intentions, right?

i can confirm that this game has received funding from russia to alter characters to look like ukranian politicians in order to stoke anti-ukranian sentiment among Gamers. i am connected to top informants in the twitter/forum political sphere

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I would say I'm bad at Ace Combat 7, but with enough practice and the absolute best plane, parts, and weapons in the game, even bad people can have cool moments.

Video contains spoilers for the last mission of the campaign

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    why even bother making a robot you can't fuck

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Sekiro
    tl53rb7fegkk.png

whew

13 days on, though I'm not sure of the actual hour count. I only played maybe an hour each day of the past week, and I don't think I played yesterday, for example.

as noted, when I saw the three deathblow nodes, I just felt demoralized.

I started off trying to wear the boss down, figuring that trying to deflect or guard would just end badly: I don't have the health to make mistakes. Once I realized deflecting could bait the lunge attack, I switched over to learning the rhythms there, which took another while. There's a lot of randomness (or maybe it's really specific positioning?) to how many deflections are needed before the boss uses the lunge. This makes for some really "oh, c'mon!" moments where I've deflected six or seven counter-swings before I get the lunge.

Phase 2's shadow sequence was very close to taking what was left of my morale. I had an odd feeling after getting through the first few sequences that I could sneak-attack him, but that seemed completely counter to how bosses tend to work, so I wasn't really thinking about it. Stumbling into the opportunity felt miraculous. Still took some doing to figure out exactly how to accomplish the deathblow; it's a touch fiddly at first.

Each time I made it to phase 3 after that, I would just take it slow. The most successful attempts consisted of baiting the down-stroke, jumping in after the aerial charge, and dashing in after the five-stroke spin.

edit: I did not, ultimately, open the spoilers from Speed Racer and MorningLord. Imma do that now.

progress!

Tamin on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    AC Syndicate:

9vhczovxul6z.jpg

Does that mean you did all that without the grappling hook?

oh no, sorry, I did do the one to get the grappling hook because I needed it for the animus glitches

• Options

Opinion: Super Mario 3D World Is Not That Special, as Our World Is Also 3D

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Im playing Hi-Fi Rise, currently at Stage 8.

It is very good! I am smiling while playing, which does not happen often, the game has a lot of style and infectious energy that allows me to feel cool while fighting, even if I will never be as good at those type of games as hardcore players that manage to kill everything without being hit even once. I wish we were getting more titles like this, focused on giving players good experience for 10 hours instead of either giant open world games or multiplayer shooters, which seem to be the only types of games AAA industry is interested in for now.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

I mean, otherwise Roombas would basically never get any work done. Gotta draw a line somewhere, ya know?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QyCcQ9hiiw
    Love Boot Camp is a relationship application for married couples looking to improve their relationship, overcome marital disputes or issues, build a stronger more intimate bond with your partner and improve your communication and time together.
    20230304 Love Boot Camp [Co-op for Couples] (2D Platformer Early Access Casual Nature)

ypqfS3o.jpg

i feel like steam is not the right storefront for many non-gaming products - like collectively these three titles have been on steam for over two years now, but only have a single review

$200 self-help software probably works elsewhere, but it's a real sticker shock after years of having a $80 price point being about the maximum a normal title will sell for on steam

• Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PGJ7prKhFG0

Tactical mech shooter Phantom Brigade will hit 1.0 and arrive on Steam later this month: rockpapershotgun.com/phantom-brigad…

for those who needed their tactical mech fix

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

This is why mechs aren't robots.

Although all the fun starts once you're inside them...

Hmm...

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023

I should not have given my robot dinosaur a penis
    Because like everything with a penis
    It's gonna wanna use its penis :kiss:

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

I don't see what's so concerning about that

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hitman Freelancer Update:

Fucking pissed. Get all the way to the very last showdown in the entire campaign. It is in the hotel in Bangkok. There are like 8 possible targets. I systematically eliminate possibilities with the camera until there are only two it could be. Both, of course, in the stupid recording studio/*Not Jared Leto's* top floor suites. A place just fucking stacked with people. Notice one of the targets goes into a hotel suite restroom for a few minutes. Okay. Got to shoot them with a sniper rifle. Got the rifle in the case. Got a bodyguard uniform which is the best I can do, but there are tons of knowers/enforcers still around that can see through the disguise. Target leaves, I sneak in and wait. It tales like fifteen minutes for the target to do a loop. I am reminded of the Opera House mission in Blood Money where if you are slow you have to wait forever for the actor to do a loop and shoot himself with the gun you swapped.

Anyway target finally heads back, I'm hiding in a corner of the bathroom. Has, what I'm pretty sure is, an assassin in tow. Assassins are pretty harmless and can't spot you but do crazy damage if they do. Target enters the bathroom, assassin stays outside. I carefully close the door. Door closes. I go up and do the subdue action to knock her out so that I can then shoot them with the snipe rifle. The moment I do the subdue, the assassin gains magic X-Ray vision and can see me through the fucking solid door and blasts in to shoot me twice while I am still in the animation and kills me before I can even react to try and pause the game to quit out and restart.

Like everything I know about the game should not have let that assassin see me. I should have been completely clear. I made extra sure and I still got fucked and lost the entire campaign. Took me all day to get there too.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PGJ7prKhFG0

Tactical mech shooter Phantom Brigade will hit 1.0 and arrive on Steam later this month: rockpapershotgun.com/phantom-brigad…

for those who needed their tactical mech fix

so what is this, a turn-based tactical game like xcom (or front mission)?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Frankly we haven't earned the privilege of robots you can fuck

• Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6IOuESj6v-o
    it's kinda... simultaneous turns? But using a timeline to control your orders and movement.

• Options
    that sounds interesting!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6IOuESj6v-o
    it's kinda... simultaneous turns? But using a timeline to control your orders and movement.

Like Frozen Synapse?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    yeah it kinda looks like that, but with mechs

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    After two days with the steam deck I think it's very, very cool. I haven't had any problems running anything yet and Monster Hunter Rise in particular is pretty great.

Still getting used to the controls, but I think it's a solid little piece of tech and the modding scene looks to be getting into gear.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    I would say I'm bad at Ace Combat 7, but with enough practice and the absolute best plane, parts, and weapons in the game, even bad people can have cool moments.

...I should play AC7 again.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

Is this a robotech YF-22?

• Options
    yeah looks like it's an homage to the macross VF-19

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hit credits on Dead Space Remake. I think it's pretty good! Granted, it's a full priced remake of a game from only 15 years ago because we live in IP rehash hell, but outside of that I think it's a really well done update.

Visually, it's stunning. They updated every single engine under the hood in this thing and it shows. The new models look great and the new lighting engine really makes everything pop. It's still too dark all the time but that's an aesthetic choice they made, not an engine limitation.

Gameplay is largely unchanged except for a large number of balance changes to the weapons, all of them positive. Instead of the only worthwhile weapons being the Plasma Cutter and the Line Gun, everything's useful in at least some context, even the Contact Beam. Most improved award goes to the Flamethrower, the alt-fire of which remains incredibly strong all the way through lategame. the Pulse Rifle also got its alt-fire from the sequel and it's a very welcome change.

Balance on Hard felt pretty good to me - I was never so flush with ammo and health packs that I could play wastefully, but if I was careful the game gave me everything I needed without having to buy supplies (leaving me free to buy armor upgrades and nodes). Speaking of nodes, another great change - node doors are completely gone, so you can just happily spend away on upgrades. Yippee!

The most contentious change is probably going to be the expanded voice acting, including Isaac now getting rather a lot of lines. Personally, I really liked this. It lets Isaac feel like an actual character instead of just a player avatar that drives from objective to objective because he's in a video game. He gets something resembling an arc. He can react to moments and give them some kind of actual narrative weight. It's nice!

I would say it's overall worth picking up, particularly if you never played the original. Could probably wait for a sale since it is still a full price remake of a not-ancient game, but definitely a good product.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Hit credits on Dead Space Remake. I think it's pretty good! Granted, it's a full priced remake of a game from only 15 years ago because we live in IP rehash hell, but outside of that I think it's a really well done update.

Visually, it's stunning. They updated every single engine under the hood in this thing and it shows. The new models look great and the new lighting engine really makes everything pop. It's still too dark all the time but that's an aesthetic choice they made, not an engine limitation.

Gameplay is largely unchanged except for a large number of balance changes to the weapons, all of them positive. Instead of the only worthwhile weapons being the Plasma Cutter and the Line Gun, everything's useful in at least some context, even the Contact Beam. Most improved award goes to the Flamethrower, the alt-fire of which remains incredibly strong all the way through lategame. the Pulse Rifle also got its alt-fire from the sequel and it's a very welcome change.

Balance on Hard felt pretty good to me - I was never so flush with ammo and health packs that I could play wastefully, but if I was careful the game gave me everything I needed without having to buy supplies (leaving me free to buy armor upgrades and nodes). Speaking of nodes, another great change - node doors are completely gone, so you can just happily spend away on upgrades. Yippee!

The most contentious change is probably going to be the expanded voice acting, including Isaac now getting rather a lot of lines. Personally, I really liked this. It lets Isaac feel like an actual character instead of just a player avatar that drives from objective to objective because he's in a video game. He gets something resembling an arc. He can react to moments and give them some kind of actual narrative weight. It's nice!

I would say it's overall worth picking up, particularly if you never played the original. Could probably wait for a sale since it is still a full price remake of a not-ancient game, but definitely a good product.

15 years is enough time for an entire new generation to be born and be grow old enough to play it, so its probably been enough time passed for a remake.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Not Nioh is getting a demo on the 24th
    #WoLongFallenDynasty demo is coming February 24! Play it on #PlayStation4 #PlayStation5 #XboxOne, Series X|S, #Steam & Microsoft store!

Save data from this demo will transfer to the final game! Complete the demo to obtain the "Crouching Dragon Helmet" DLC in the full game. 🐉

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Phantom Brigade kind of lets you scrub through the timeline of your turn to determine how you want your units to move, the trick being to predict how things will change in real time as it actually plays out

I played a demo at PAX a handful of years ago and while the UI was very early at the time, it seemed very cool and promising

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Playing the remaster of AssCreed III, and man, this game really should have been made a few years later. I guess the tech just wasn't there for the complete open world, so you have to fast travel multiple maps just to get anywhere. The game is way bigger than it should be, but I guess they get points for trying.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.