Options

Deadly Creatures for the Wii (looks good!)

• Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Interesting concept.

It's all in the execution though, I'd say the good/ass odds are about 50/50.

Grudge on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Grudge wrote: »
    It's all in the execution though
    seaman.jpg

GungHo on
  • Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited February 2008
    This thread is also oddly lacking two of the best screenshots yet:

deadly-creatures-20080214083736545_640w.jpg

deadly-creatures-20080214083735451_640w.jpg

You know, the pictures in my cache of the first post where those images but when I refreshed they were different! Wierd!

I added them to the first post, though.
    JihadJesus wrote:
    I don't even think it'll necessarily suck out of a lack of effort. But it's a Wii game with an unusual concept made by a publisher well known for shitty liscensed cash ins and little else - even if they really try I'm not going to believe it until I see it myself.
    I take offense! They publish Dawn of War and Company of Hereos.

Also, less personally, they published Saint's Row, Stalker, and Supreme Commander.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    TubaFrogTubaFrog Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The game needs a better title or something. I thought it was a shoveliscious sequel to that 'Bug Island' or whatever it was called game.

GungHo wrote: »
    Grudge wrote: »
    It's all in the execution though
    seaman.jpg

Speaking of unfortunately titled games... ^

TubaFrog on
  • Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I dunno. I don't usually judge a book by it's cover., but it's obvious this isn't the quick cash in game that we're used to.

Boss battle will be mini games or/and quick time events with waggle controls :P. Seriously, it looks like an decent concept and really remembers me of the Bad Mojo adventure game.

bad_mojo_01.jpg

If they could include some of these elements + some awesome locations in this game, then I would be thrilled. With awesome locations I mean the places you usually find these animals, but which are still located in/near "human civilization" (run down house, garage, smaller way or field behind a farm, backyard etc).

Dratatoo on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is where good boxart is going to be unusually important. You cant go around scaring the shit out potential customers too much.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    WyndhamPriceWyndhamPrice Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    One is a by-the-book scorpion getting ready to retire!

The other is a loose-cannon-spider on the edge!

Together they form the ultimate crime fighting team!

Mel Gibson and Danny Glover should do the voices for the two main creatures.

WyndhamPrice on
    WyndhamPrice.png
  • Options
    unknownsome1unknownsome1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This game looks really interesting so I'll be looking forward to hearing more info about it. I'm willing to set aside the fact that big hairy spiders freak me out and buy or rent the game if it's good.

I'm sure the appearance of the spiders in this game won't be as bad as the close up picture of what I believe was a tarantula's horrifying face that I saw in a book when I was a little kid at school. That close up image just freaked me the hell out.

unknownsome1 on
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Robert De Niro and Chris Rock.

I'm shit scared of spiders, but damn this looks hot.

AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Looks like Spider on the PS1 without the robotic addons and such. Great concept and looks quite nice from the first screenshots - definately keep my eye on this one.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Eh, THQ isn't that bad a publisher. Unless no one here likes Worms: Open Warfare 2. Or Titan Quest (lol Diablo).

On topic... This looks really cool. I have a small obsession with scorpions (not so much spiders, though I don't fear them). Needs to have a Pikmin cameo, though. Or possibly Joe Kucan.

Hmm... Similar to God of War? So, what, you collect new tail tips and fangs? Little shoes for the spider so he can walk on carpet without taking damage? Hardened Carapace to protect against being squished?

Tamin on
  • Options
    MandoloreMandolore Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This reminds me of BC the game that never was

Mandolore on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    —Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V
  • Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited February 2008
    Tamin wrote: »
    Hmm... Similar to God of War? So, what, you collect new tail tips and fangs? Little shoes for the spider so he can walk on carpet without taking damage? Hardened Carapace to protect against being squished?

I said similar to God of War, because the scorpion was suplexing lizards and breaking necks in a way that reminded me of Kratos.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is anyone else impressed by the fan-fucking-tastic graphics for a Wii game? This is more like what I thought the Wii would look like, as opposed to Twilight Princess' "GCN 1.5" graphics.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    templewulf wrote: »
    Is anyone else impressed by the fan-fucking-tastic graphics for a Wii game? This is more like what I thought the Wii would look like, as opposed to Twilight Princess' "GCN 1.5" graphics.

The graphics look wonderful, and the subject matter is interesting as well. I really dig the gila monsters. They're so cute. :3

Also, you're all a bunch of girls.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This reminds me of a game for the PS1, I can't remember it's name though. You played as a spider that shot missiles.

rayofash on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

http://assets.thqinteractive.com/1/1315_bss_03.jpg

eeek

I'll wait for gameplay footage first.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    rayofash wrote: »
    This reminds me of a game for the PS1, I can't remember it's name though. You played as a spider that shot missiles.

It was called Spider.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    A good-concept, original third-party Wii game with really impressive graphics?
    This is good.
    I can play as a Spider and a Scorpion? My malnourished, abused inner child just exploded.
    This had better be well-done.
    It had better.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That video was really impressive. The same one is at GameTrailers in sliiiiiiightly higher quality.

If that is what we can expect from gameplay then color me impressed. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Gotta agree with you on the graphics, but Twilight Princess wasn't GC 1.5. It looked the exact same on the GC.

Peewi on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This reminds me of that Beast Wars game actually. Only without yelling terrorize.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »
    That video was really impressive. The same one is at GameTrailers in sliiiiiiightly higher quality.

If that is what we can expect from gameplay then color me impressed. I'll keep an eye on this one.

I just hope they make the actual in-game enviroments as gritty and rundown as in the trailer. And I like the violent approach the game is taking - maybe the developers will even go as far as let you kill humans with your poison sting?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I wonder how they're going to balance the characters.
    If the scorpion is a poisonous, clawed, armoued, agile, wall-walking creature, where does that leave the spider?

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »
    If the scorpion is a poisonous, clawed, armoued, agile, wall-walking creature, where does that leave the spider?

Haven't you seen the screenshots with the jumping spider? That thing looks nasty! D:

edit: heh, I just noticed, is that a coffin in the first pic?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Cervetus wrote: »
    Dareth Ram wrote: »
    a dark compelling story

a dark, sinister storyline

lol wut? You're a goddamn scorpion.

You don't have to be the main character, could start off with you being used as a murder and then just follows your quest to stay uneaten and find a suitable dank hole whilst all hell breaks loose in the human's world around you - its just completely irrelevant to you personally, even if it was technically you who started the whole thing off because the intro sequence made you jump and inadvertantly make the tail attack gesture.

That's not at all what it will be, but could be good if it was.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My guess is that some dick Gila Monster came along and ate the scorpion's family (which is what that second picture looks like, anyway). The spider is there because he has nothing better to do.

Remington on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

Can he swing from a web?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Chen wrote: »
    This reminds me of that Beast Wars game actually. Only without yelling terrorize.

I remember buying that for the PSX. I remember being very sad that it was by far the worst game I'd have ever played.

Holy shit it was awful.

Edit: I just watched the trailer again. Holy crap I didn't even notice he like twists the head of that lizard 180 degrees until it snaps. That's one hardcore arachnid.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

The graphics look wonderful, and the subject matter is interesting as well. I really dig the gila monsters. They're so cute. :3

Also, you're all a bunch of girls.

Pfft, I'm an actual girl, and I was the official black widow/tarantula extermination delegate in my household while growing up. Some of y'all should never set foot in the Southwestern USA.

I look quite forward to playing as my former foes.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    agoaj wrote: »

Can he spin a web, any size?

Atheraal on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    this looks amazing, conceptually and artwise. If this goes wrong I will be quite unhappy.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is an awesome idea and I want it.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Atheraal wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »

Can he catch thieves, just like flies?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I hate scorpions.

The concept is awesome, but I hate scorpions.
    HATE

Also in a fight between Scorpion and Spider. Scorpion wins every fucking time. If it can't win then it kills itself, thus denying its enemy victory.

At least thats how our Scorpion vs. Spider Gladiator Fights turned out.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Man but this scorpion can suplex.

How can you hate that.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Too bad I'm at work, but this game deserves that picture of a 4 foot long spider in someone's shower with the caption: Don't be a pussy...it can't be THAT poisonous! (And yes obviously the spider is photoshopped/whatever editing software you prefer I forget the kind of spider it was though)

But this game will justify my wii ownership. Even if it is terrible the concept is just so damn cool, and I've enjoyed horrifically bad games before so I fully expect to pick this up regardless.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I imagine this game to be basically exactly like this

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Vert1 wrote: »
    They should make it an insect version of Clock Tower.

page8_blog_entry100_1.jpg

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Vert1 wrote: »
    They should make it an insect version of Clock Tower.

hidden death

Good God wtf is that?!

I hate spiders. :(

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png