Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Korok Torture Simulator is out!

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    After doing a bunch of shrines, I have the horrifying thought that I'm either too stupid, or too damn clever by half and I am seriously over engineering some of these answers.
    There was a shrine that involved wheels, and one section was figuring out how to get a raft and a ball across a moving current. There were walls sectioning off the water in lanes. First I try the idea of making something so the wheels ride the top of the thin walls, but that doesn't work. Then I think of somehow getting the wheels sideways so they drive on the side of the walls. Which I think could conceptually work if you could get a tight enough fit, but the controls are too loose for that. Then I look it up and... oh attach planks to the wheels and make giant paddles. ...Yeah that seems a lot easier than what I was trying to do!
    I did it with the wheels on top of the walls approach

If that's the one I think it is:
    Where you have three 'lanes' and a couple rafts with wheels attached to them, and you need to bring a glowing ball to the other side...

I just made a long ass bridge (with ball attached to the end) and put it out as far away from me as I could. I then rushed over to the other side, reversed time to counteract the current, and then grabbed it with ultrahand.

I pretty much came up with the same solution.

There was also a shrine that seemed to want me to use recall to grab fire elsewhere to light torches, but I just fused fire fruit to arrows instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Also, looking at this map, I think my main problem is that the game really really wants you to go straight to the Temple of Time, but instead I went straight up the 'one-way' ramp into the ice mountains with a fire stick.
    Which leads you all the way around the outside of the starting island, and past every inactive shrine before taking you to the temple of time.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    It's hilarious to me how much self-inflicted damage I hear reported about "Oh, the game gave me some obvious signposting so I deliberately went anywhere but that and had a real bad time". :lol:

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I try not to rely on it too much, but ‘what if I had a really long stick’ solves a lot of puzzles.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I try not to rely on it too much, but ‘what if I had a really long stick’ solves a lot of puzzles.

Yeah a certain dungeon chest made me think of that bubblegum on a stick trope.

• Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    It's hilarious to me how much self-inflicted damage I hear reported about "Oh, the game gave me some obvious signposting so I deliberately went anywhere but that and had a real bad time". :lol:

Well..
    It wasn't a bad time, but it would've been better signposted if the first thing I learned wasn't 'approaching cooking pot sets branch on fire'.
    And then I managed to go up the hill to the ice area without sheathing my fire stick pretty easily. (Any climbing puts it out)

And largely I thought I was heading towards the temple of time, but then found a cave at the Ascend shrine that then turned me around and spat me out facing the wrong direction along the circle.

I'm not sure what would've happened if I'd continued to head towards the temple, considering there appears to be gliders here, and I didn't have Ultra-hand, but we'll see.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    During the opening at the sky island, I have no idea if this "railroading" was actually intended by the game, or if I lucked out or what.
    It's when you unlock the next 2 shrines and are taught to mark them. I'm not going for the ice one yet, so I went towards the giant lake. So I'm staring at this lake trying to work out how to cross it. I'm also still completely green when it comes to the controls and what you can/can't do... and I haven't watched any trailers or whatnot either. I can work out I need to chop trees and build a raft. I can even see the dang wind blowing, but I can't figure out how to make a sail. I find a stick and a korok leaf, but ultrahand doesn't work on them and I don't know how to do this "fusing" thing people are talking about. I look around some more and don't see anything of note.

Eventually I say screw it, I'll work this out later, let's try heading to the ice shrine. Now if you marked the shrine like the game asked you to, and you're at this lake, if you put the mark dead ahead and start walking to it, you end up walking along the edge of the lake. And as I'm walking... I walk and trip over the giant premade sails on the ground. Ohhh, that's what they want.

I have no idea if that was just sheer luck and coincidence, or if they genuinely somehow designed the game like that. Because I could believe it if they did.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Quick dungeon question:
    What's the smart way to solve the really fast spinning thing in the Water Temple?

I got it by shooting a fair number of arrows at it and lucking out that one actually hit the switch inside, but I'm confident that's not how it's supposed to be solved.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    During the opening at the sky island, I have no idea if this "railroading" was actually intended by the game, or if I lucked out or what.
    It's when you unlock the next 2 shrines and are taught to mark them. I'm not going for the ice one yet, so I went towards the giant lake. So I'm staring at this lake trying to work out how to cross it. I'm also still completely green when it comes to the controls and what you can/can't do... and I haven't watched any trailers or whatnot either. I can work out I need to chop trees and build a raft. I can even see the dang wind blowing, but I can't figure out how to make a sail. I find a stick and a korok leaf, but ultrahand doesn't work on them and I don't know how to do this "fusing" thing people are talking about. I look around some more and don't see anything of note.

Eventually I say screw it, I'll work this out later, let's try heading to the ice shrine. Now if you marked the shrine like the game asked you to, and you're at this lake, if you put the mark dead ahead and start walking to it, you end up walking along the edge of the lake. And as I'm walking... I walk and trip over the giant premade sails on the ground. Ohhh, that's what they want.

I have no idea if that was just sheer luck and coincidence, or if they genuinely somehow designed the game like that. Because I could believe it if they did.
    I believe there's also a sail at the koroks camp there.

Thinking about it, the boat materials are all close to the waterfall plunge pool, so if you're using the water to dive down from uphill of the lake, you should see the materials pretty easily, and otherwise you're probably doing the koroks.

If you're following the inner side of the island ring, then maybe you won't follow the lake shore to the materials though.
    Might be able to find another way across then, but that depends on what you've picked up so far.

But yeah, the korok leaves don't work as sails.
    Which is how I got my terrible square log boat with a fan, that needed thumping to go straight.

After all the sails sailed themselves across the lake.

discrider on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Quick dungeon question:
    What's the smart way to solve the really fast spinning thing in the Water Temple?

I got it by shooting a fair number of arrows at it and lucking out that one actually hit the switch inside, but I'm confident that's not how it's supposed to be solved.

I floated up a beam emitter on one of the fixed floating blocks. Insta-hit the switch as soon as it was lined up.

• Options
    Wondering if I can make a boat that's just powered by Link wailing on the mast.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Quick dungeon question:

I floated up a beam emitter on one of the fixed floating blocks. Insta-hit the switch as soon as it was lined up.
    You are given (Zonai) platforms to jump off of nearby. Which lets you slow time to a crawl by drawing your bow in midair.

Huge forehead-slapper for me.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I like my solution more, I just used something with more shots per second to overwhelm the spinning.

Though I was annoyed that the game presents you with much larger objects than that tower that you can rewind but that spinning thing was, for some dumb reason, immune. It seemed an obvious spot to me to let the player use the paused start and stop of rewind to get a shot off.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

We have ALL used Ultrahand to build Superlog

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Pretty sure I could have used Ascend rather than Superlog to climb up to these floating islands, if I had had Ascend.

Had to 'fish' for Superlog part 1 when floating island 1 didn't have enough logs to get to floating island 2.
    Was a bit concerned that the merge of Superlog part 2 was going to yeet it away from the island 1's wall, irrecoverably, but managed to Ultra-hand it all up in the end to get to island 2.

discrider on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Quick dungeon question:

Jump off something and take advantage of the low gravity to pull out your bow midair. The slow-motion arrow-time that activates when you pull out the bow midair will allow you to accurately shoot at the switch.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

I liked the time I built super log out of a whole bunch of crap to then use it to reach over to a treasure chest, grab the chest, and pull it back to me.

Like the world's worst/best thieves tool

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    I liked when I was building a boat, and so was busy Katarmari'ing all the stuff together to build the biggest boat in a central location.

And then the wardens were like 'Please don't take our stuff too'

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

One of the schema stones I found is called "bridge". It's just a really, really long section of stone platforms fused together. It's ridiculous and super useful.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Polaritie wrote: »

One of the schema stones I found is called "bridge". It's just a really, really long section of stone platforms fused together. It's ridiculous and super useful.

Found a Yiga scheme called "sprinkler". It's a few spouts hanging off the end of some beams and it spins. Of course the Yiga clan would think that's a worthwhile schematic. It's right up there with "floodlights", a board with lights on it that's significantly less useful than a large light blossom (also a Yiga schematic, patent pending).

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Quick dungeon question:

I just jumped and entered slow motion

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    So I got a special bow called the
    Dusk Bow
    and I want to know if I can ever get another one or if this is the only one ever.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Dusk Bow
    and I want to know if I can ever get another one or if this is the only one ever.
    I got several from Amiibo, But I think only one from in the game itself, at least so far.

I finally managed to make a stable 2 fan hover-bike (sounds easy, but my super-stable hands kept messing it up. I eventually hit on a- lining everything up against a wall to make sure they were lined up right, and b- turning motion controls off) and went on a hover-bike tour of the depths.
    That's actually a super good way to find shrines I missed, as once you get enough lightroots the tiny blanks spots make it extremely obvious where you should be looking (almost all of them have turned out to be inside caves with entrances further away than the sensor triggers on, so finding them normally would be a pain).

I also learned that fans will despawn like wings do, you just have time to cover most of the map before they do.

Boss spoilers:
    I also found a couple of Colgera spawns, and that's easily my favourite boss fight.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I don't know if I'm being thick or if the game just lacks the ability. But it keeps telling me I can quickly access items by holding up. But is there any way to hold an item in Link's hands from this quick menu? Seems like it just drops it on the ground, which I imagine is for quick fusing stuff. And I'm probably being weird and the stuff I want to hold I don't actually need to. I needed to drop an acorn into a fire and my thought process was to hold the acorn, then walk to the fire and drop it. But I'm guessing standing next to the fire and dropping it from the quick menu is literally the same thing.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Dusk Bow

I haven't checked, but I'd assume it respawns on blood moons.

• Options
    I think actually holding stuff in your arms is menu-exclusive, but if you want to throw it at something just hold R to throw your weapon, then hold up to pick an item instead. Should work for acorn/fire stuff.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Wished you had the option to make the d-pad quick menus a toggle instead of holding. It can get tiring holding while scrolling through materials.

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Dusk Bow
    I haven't tested it but I think all unique items can be purchased again from bargainer statues for a certain amount of poes. I know once you complete a side quest chain in Hateno a NPC will sell at least one unique item if you ever break it.

Thus far I've put every unique weapon on a mount in my house. With the exception of bows you can fuse an item to them and a Rock Octorock can repair it. Kill it afterwards and wait for the next Blood Moon to respawn them.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Wished you had the option to make the d-pad quick menus a toggle instead of holding. It can get tiring holding while scrolling through materials.

I'm grateful to the sort option. Most stuff I've wanted has moved to the front of the 'most used' list pretty quickly.

My own gripe would be that d-pad down is criminally underused. Whistling is just too rarely used to have a button solely devoted to it. I'd make it another toggle like the powers wheel; hold down to select an action (whistle, sage powers), then just press to use it. This'd also address having to chase a sage down when you want to use them.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    I did the final main mission
    Where did all these tears come from?

Oh it’s me.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Arms popped up unexpectedly. I decided fuck those arms. I was gonna beat em up. So I did.

Oh fuck.

I had decided to do this while climbing Mt. Lanayru the long way, in double freezing cold.

OH FUCK.

I decided that Hyrule used Castle Doctrine, that Mt. Lanayru was now my Legal Abode, and damn to Hell anyone or anything who tried to force me out.
    Fuckin boss, with gloom attacks, in double freezing cold. I had a double gloom resist meal on me in case I ever needed it, and I decided I needed it now. This meant I couldn't have cold resistance, though. I had cold resist pants from the tutorial stage, so the cold damage wasn't bad as it couldve been. I pounded down roast chicken legs to heal cold damage.

It took a fairy off of me but i beat it! Thankfully I had a royal sword with me so flurry rushes did big chunks of damage. I managed to beat it with a flurry rush which makes me feel like the biggest badass right now!

I WON!!!!

Nobeard on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Personally I feel like things would have to be extremely out of whack to even tempt me into duping.

The further you get, the more it becomes clear that things are pretty out of whack. Situations like finding out you need 15 captain construct 1 horn to upgrade an armor set, but you've out-leveled their spawns and almost all of them you can find anywhere are construct 2-4. So you look up online where they can be found, and it's very specific random shrines that you never would've thought to go explore a second time, and you can go get them one at a time, and have to wait for a blood moon for them to respawn so you can do it again...

Or maybe you need 15 moblin guts and somehow after 100 hours of gameplay you've only ever found 1 of them, because they're a rare drop potentially from a specific color of moblin which again you've out-leveled by now, and you have no clue where to go, and even if you did there's like a 25% chance of getting the item you need...

Yes, some things are very easy to go explore and collect. But a lot of other things aren't, and leave you scratching your head as to why the heck the game is designed this way.
    Found a Yiga scheme called "sprinkler". It's a few spouts hanging off the end of some beams and it spins. Of course the Yiga clan would think that's a worthwhile schematic.

It's conceptually very useful, even crucial, for
    the water temple boss, including re-fights found underground.
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Dusk Bow
    I haven't tested it but I think all unique items can be purchased again from bargainer statues for a certain amount of poes. I know once you complete a side quest chain in Hateno a NPC will sell at least one unique item if you ever break it.

Thus far I've put every unique weapon on a mount in my house. With the exception of bows you can fuse an item to them and a Rock Octorock can repair it. Kill it afterwards and wait for the next Blood Moon to respawn them.

This particular item is not in a chest and just lying around in the world, which means it respawns every blood moon.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I did the final main mission
    Where did all these tears come from?

Oh it’s me.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Knitdan.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Personally I feel like things would have to be extremely out of whack to even tempt me into duping.

The further you get, the more it becomes clear that things are pretty out of whack. Situations like finding out you need 15 captain construct 1 horn to upgrade an armor set, but you've out-leveled their spawns and almost all of them you can find anywhere are construct 2-4. So you look up online where they can be found, and it's very specific random shrines that you never would've thought to go explore a second time, and you can go get them one at a time, and have to wait for a blood moon for them to respawn so you can do it again...

On the other hand, I would have so many Captain construct I horns right now, but there are no blood moons in the starting area.
    So everything is dead.

discrider on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Dusk Bow

That particular bow respawns every blood moon. Notably, it has the unique effect of it's arrows having a wing effect (faster, further range) making it incredibly useful, ontop of it's excellent base damage.

Any other unique weapon can be gotten for poes from the bargainer statues, same as unique armor.

You can also repair unique weapons (anything that can't get a randomly rolled modifier) by dropping them on the ground and then fusing them to a standard weapon. Feed that to a Rocktorock and as soon as you see the puff of sparkles from the Rocktorock? Shoot it to get your weapon back (otherwise the Rocktorock spits it at you, and this *hurts*).

Then just take your repaired weapon back to the break it down service in tarrey town, and boom!

Personally, this is just too much effort for me (I tried it, but found it very disruptive to the flow of my play), but if it works for you, go nuts

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    There's the intended way and then there is always an UltraRecall solution to just about every problem.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    My strat for gloom hands
    When they appear and they're still at range, fire a couple bomb flowers in to reduce all their HP to 1/4 or 1/3. Then just swap to a strong spear to clean up.

Easy easy. Super-intimidating the first time you meet 'em, though.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Chance wrote: »
    My strat for gloom hands
    When they appear and they're still at range, fire a couple bomb flowers in to reduce all their HP to 1/4 or 1/3. Then just swap to a strong spear to clean up.

I bomb them at close range even if I'd get caught in the blast, screw it. Only thing that easily hits them all and stuns them. I don't even do the spear thing, I bomb until they're dead.

I don't know any other way to fight them, getting grabbed is so frustrating and it's all they do.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Chance wrote: »
    My strat for gloom hands

I bomb them at close range even if I'd get caught in the blast, screw it. Only thing that easily hits them all and stuns them. I don't even do the spear thing, I bomb until they're dead.

I don't know any other way to fight them, getting grabbed is so frustrating and it's all they do.
    I found you can also stun them with Dazzlefruit if you need a moment. Which makes sense; they've got eyes in their palms, so they can be blinded.

On that subject: two fun tricks you can pull off with light.

If you have a Zonai Mirror device (either just sitting around or fused to a shield), and you're standing in full sunlight, you can reflect the light into enemies' eyes to blind them.

Also, if you use a Dazzlefruit on Stalfoes (any kind except probably Stalnoxes), the light will incinerate them instantly, though this also means you don't get any skeleton arms as weapons from them.

A story thing that I found kinda neat (spoilers for the entire The Dragon's Tears questline)
    I think it's kinda neat that Rauru isn't actually witholding information from you like Rhoam was in the previous game. In BOTW, Rhoam kept things secret during the tutorial for the sake of Link's amnesia, making sure to ease him into things before dropping the whole Calamity bombshell on him and revealing that he's a ghost. In TOTK, Rauru feels similar during the tutorial before he vanishes. However, the Dragon's Tears quest basically reveals that he wasn't holding anything back from you. He died to seal Ganondorf, and only after that did Zelda find the Master Sword, entrust Mineru's soul to the Purah Pad, and sacrifice herself to become the dragon. Rauru was straight-up missing key info, and you get the feeling he'd have told Link if he knew.

It honestly makes me wish Rauru could've been a more persistent companion throughout the game; he's a nice companion in the prologue.

• Options
    Dang. I tried cooking a bomb flower, and I'm honestly disappointed that doing so just produces dubious food, instead of exploding mid-cook.