Options

[Diablo] ... please move on to new thread ...

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    The base they made has a complete grind cycle. There are ultra rare chase items in the game. The build structure is easy but also can have incredible depth. The builds seem varied and balanced ok. Ish. Even among bear druids there is hurricane, werewolf mix, earth bear, etc.

I think they nailed everything an ARPGer would want in a base game. There is more than enough here to see how leagues are going to go and for them to bolt things on top of it with varied glyphs, more uniques, more aspects, more paragon boards, etc. And they will probably modify some of the more.. for stall... decisions like map completion on alts etc.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Got turned into fine mist by the Butcher.

Also it doesn't Feel Good to sometimes have to use, like, all my skills to kill one little fallen mook. This is Diablo. I should be able to kill a "random single pack remainder" by hitting any skill that isn't my generator.

I actually like the mooks being a bit beefier.

Like in PoE they introduce a new monster in a new zone and it doesn't even matter because they all die within 0.65 seconds anyway.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Idle thoughts:

Does Arch Lash's additional swipe count as another cast for the purposes of triggering effects?
    How high a crit chance can I get?
    Can I spam out enough attacks that the Unstable Offensive legendary effect (5-10% chance when Unstable Current isn't active for Shock skills to trigger a free cast from it, usual bonuses for slot (double for 2h, +50% for amulet) can feed me endless Lightning Spear casts?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    wait there's a cash shop?

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I think if you consider what ARPGs usually have on launch day, D4 is very impressive. This is a live service game that has not yet even revealed its live service content, and it's the most successful thing Blizzard has going right now so safe to say it will be getting all the funding it needs. I have high hopes for the game's future.

The shop is not very appealing to me right now which is a good thing, though they will surely find more ways to monetize it. But so long as it's all only cosmetic, the base game seems a fair value.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    The base they made has a complete grind cycle. There are ultra rare chase items in the game. The build structure is easy but also can have incredible depth. The builds seem varied and balanced ok. Ish. Even among bear druids there is hurricane, werewolf mix, earth bear, etc.

I think they nailed everything an ARPGer would want in a base game. There is more than enough here to see how leagues are going to go and for them to bolt things on top of it with varied glyphs, more uniques, more aspects, more paragon boards, etc. And they will probably modify some of the more.. for stall... decisions like map completion on alts etc.

I would be shocked if seasons don't bring big new mechanics, PoE style. Every season won't end up a banger, but if they're smart and they do the Blizzard thing of "seeing what the competition does and then polish it to a shine", I'd be surprised if seasons don't come with new game play elements as well as progression stuff.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Diablo 4 is a much better game than I expected, especially as a current time blizzard game. I had very low hopes, especially after OW2 and Diablo Immortal. It far exceeded my expectations. It is not the greatest game ever made (FFTactics always the goat) but is extremely enjoyable. Wish it wasnt $70 tho.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I guess to elaborate more, it feels like a game of Bs and B+s with A+ aesthetics, where I'd want something else A+ even if it meant a C elsewhere.

Which might deserve an 8, but I did say the boss fights took a point off for me the other day.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
  • Options
    Every season should bring a new aspect or two to each class. There's a number of skills that are just missing some lego support so they'd be good there for a while, as well as some 'treat x skill as x type' hybrid synergistic aspects.
    Also paragon boards. Should also get new classes in in (relatively) short order, but I assume they're saving those for the expansions.

If they want to treat it like a live service, they better have a healthy amount of content rolled out every couple of months.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

Not really surprised. Mage/Wizard is usually an extremely popular class in a fantasy game played by a bunch of nerds.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    I would assume druid is least popular on aesthetics and rumored weakness from the beta, but I see more druid builds going around than anything else so maybe they're fine?

Necromancer was least popular by far in late Reddit polls but that's not at all a sample representative of the vast majority of people playing the game.

Barbarian was always going to be popular and is apparently a wall of violence once you're over the hump, so probably a safe second place.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    I havent even tried to add crit into my overpower, hp scale, pulverize druid yet. My pulverizing can get around 15k which seems nice. It chunks all ive done so far. Still WT3 but im tanky AF too. And im not even using the armor staking on attacks thing. Im just using the hp/sec based on mob density one and the basic attacks dmg reduct one.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    GnomeTank wrote: »

I would be shocked if seasons don't bring big new mechanics, PoE style. Every season won't end up a banger, but if they're smart and they do the Blizzard thing of "seeing what the competition does and then polish it to a shine", I'd be surprised if seasons don't come with new game play elements as well as progression stuff.

D4's running up against PoE2, which dropped a melee combat teaser today and ngl it's looking hella good right now.

They're going to have to bring their A Game, I'm thinking.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I think they will be fine. There is room for both really. And as we have seen Diablo carries with it a much larger population. They just have to keep adding properly enough and they will continue to have numbers GGG can only dream of.

PoE still has to makeup for AN and their stupid want to keep trying to add it back in. PoE2 looks flashy but it has a lot to prove for the average person like me who thinks its unforgivable that trading is still like it is, deterministic crafting is all but gone, etc. They burned bridges so bad I look at those vods and im like...meh. Ill see when it comes out.

For D4 being able to affix fix, transfer aspects, etc just feels so damn good. Even though it is as expensive as it is. So fucking awesome.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So I finished D4 last night, impressions:

Enjoyed the combat more than D3, it feels weighty and it's good that you can't just clear an entire screen in .0001 seconds.

The story was good. For Blizzard it was a miracle. I wish a little more time was spent on Inarius but otherwise I think everything was suitably written, good motivations, etc. It dragged a bit in spots, though. Again, compared to D3, massive step up out of Saturday Morning Cartoon Land.

I am just now getting into the post-game grind, so no real comment. Still level 48, so I've definitely just started, as they say. Looking to bump up to WT3.

• Options
    Heh just ran into butcher for first time. I tanked his dmg fine and destroyed him lol.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Ok I spent the afternoon tweaking my build and gear for ice imbuement and flurry. It's kind of a trap build, but that is mostly to keep up the crowd control status effects. Ice imbuement, poison trap, and death trap all cc. Exposure constantly resets cooldowns. Everything explodes.

The downside is less mobility, and switching my gear around I lost some movement speed, so running dungeons is a little slower than I'd like. Not because the killing takes away, but because literal running is kinda slow.

I still have some gear that's not contributing anything except stats so the build still needs some work. But, it feels good to play and it's a lot more active than twisting blades. I think a few more levels and the appropriate aspects and I'll be able to do the WT3 capstone.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Blizzard definitely needs to tweak their damage and defence formulas. Like right now resistances are completely useless, i saw an analysis that showed how any resistance stat on a set of gear is AT LEAST 15 times worse than ANY other stat. All those % dmg reduction stats provide something like 30x more of a bonus.

I have a sneaking suspicion they will nerf vulnerable damage as well. A lot of builds seem extremely reliant on it. I know my lightning sorc is.

• Options
    Every build should add vuln. It is multiplicative.

• Options
    turning into a big iron maelstrom fan. you can really reduce the cd with ground stomp and it wipes screens full of enemies. only downside is it's not as good as coa against bosses.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    So I'm Level 58 in WT3. I'm not really getting any drops better than what I have. If I stick with the Twisting Blades build, I'm taking out Tier 12 dungeons without issue. Which is like level 65 ish monsters.

Should I do the capstone at 60?

This is really funny because I’m also 58 and had the exact same thought, though I’m playing necro.
    I did a small test run of the capstone but started to get way too much damage from the first oppressor I came across, so I guess I’m not quite geared enough yet. Will probably try it again around 65-ish assuming I get a couple more upgrades. I’m at 3 sacred uniques right now, ~3000AP, ~3100 armor I think, ~2100 life.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    wait there's a cash shop?

It does seem really strange to me to be mad about a cash shop that is perhaps the most irrelevant cosmetics shop I've ever seen in a game. Like, even if I cared to buy stuff from it, there's nothing great in it.

The existing gear looks awesome, they're releasing free cosmetics through twitch, the shop doesn't matter at all.
    godmode wrote: »
    So I'm Level 58 in WT3. I'm not really getting any drops better than what I have. If I stick with the Twisting Blades build, I'm taking out Tier 12 dungeons without issue. Which is like level 65 ish monsters.

Should I do the capstone at 60?

This is really funny because I’m also 58 and had the exact same thought, though I’m playing necro.
    I did a small test run of the capstone but started to get way too much damage from the first oppressor I came across, so I guess I’m not quite geared enough yet. Will probably try it again around 65-ish assuming I get a couple more upgrades. I’m at 3 sacred uniques right now, ~3000AP, ~3100 armor I think, ~2100 life.

I also did a test! We had similar experiences, I think. So I'll give it another go at 65, which will give me a few more paragon points and some better legendary aspects for some of my gear.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    When i hit 68 in WT3 i got quest notifications to do the capstone dungeon. It wasnt bad at that point. Probably could have done it earlier.

• Options
    Vuln is super good, yes. Hard to turn your nose up at being able to do like double damage with some itemization. It's also not reliant on other stuff that becomes less effective at higher levels - like, your damage to CC'd/Frozen enemies is great right up until the enemies are regularly becoming CC immune.

Might get a nerf, and tbh it might be kinda justified for the sake of build diversity (just you know move some of that damage into abilities baseline please).

• Options
    I finished the wt4 capstone at 65.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I hate when Diablo makes me kill bears. Make them goblin bears or something so I don’t hate myself!

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    PSA: Use https://helltides.com/. The upvotes will tell you precisely where the mystery chests are. They reset on the hour, so you can get up to 4 if you're fast.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    GnomeTank wrote: »

I wouldn't mind if they do something like the "Seasonal Relic" from Destiny 2 -- a doodad you level up with its own skill tree of passives, that change from season to season.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    how long can act IV last? I expected this to finish about 3 hours ago...

• Options
    These fucking snake people with the gorgon beam are fucking bullshit annoying as elites. That goes off WAY too quick, and its cooldown is WAY too short.

• Options
    I remember act 4 being really short

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    how long can act IV last? I expected this to finish about 3 hours ago...

That's so weird, ACT 4 went by so fast for me that I didn't even realise I was in ACT 5.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    How does extracting aspects work? I want to get this frozen orb off this staff (where it does 40% damage w/two extra explosions) but it will only give me 20% damage. I put it back in my stash until I know what is going on.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Act IV is literally just teleport to talk to a few people, fight a handful of enemies to check desks for notes, and a boss fight, IIRC.

Act III is the one that lingers into the next zone and past what seems like an act boss.

Kamar on
  • Options
    2h weapons get 100% of a bonus, so the aspect is only 20% but it goes to 40% on a staff

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    How does extracting aspects work? I want to get this frozen orb off this staff (where it does 40% damage w/two extra explosions) but it will only give me 20% damage. I put it back in my stash until I know what is going on.

That's the way it works. 2h weapons get double the bonus on one aspect(in exchange for not being able to have two 1h aspects) and amulets get a 50% bonus. It's "only" giving you 20% because that's the normal parameter.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Every build should add vuln. It is multiplicative.

Wait, are you suggesting multiple sources of vulnerability stack? Because if so Mrs. Red Robes Rogue and my Sorcerer are both switching to cold asap.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I hate when Diablo makes me kill bears. Make them goblin bears or something so I don’t hate myself!

The funniest thing was when I was doing a side quest to help someone track down whoever killed their pet/friend bear, and on the way to find the culprit we were attacked by and murdered at least a dozen bears.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular

If you haven't done the Scosglen Strongholds yet, one of them gave me very big DEHTA vibes...

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.