Options

[Diablo] ... please move on to new thread ...

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    My character is an insane person who randomly blasts innocent deer, foxes, frogs, turtles, etc. with lightning just for something to do while walking from place to place, but then strolls into town helping strangers with their problems and showing compassion to those who have lost family to Lilith's crusade.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Every build should add vuln. It is multiplicative.

Wait, are you suggesting multiple sources of vulnerability stack? Because if so Mrs. Red Robes Rogue and my Sorcerer are both switching to cold asap.

No there is the status of being vulnerable then there are the individual modifiers you have that can increase it. But as far as multiplicative I meant to your dmg. Its one of the easiest big dmg increase.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Can you get uniques out of the Whisper Tree caches?

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    For all of these ghosts that we've helped find their loved ones' corpses, you'd think just one of their loved ones would not be a dick about it.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    ye making builds is not very complex simply because the damage maths is so simple

vulnerability mandatory because its one of the few non-additive sources, if u can crit scale u do, everything else just a huge pile of additive %damage and u avoid the obviously shit ones that arent priced correctly for how conditional they are.

so just farm random goober items and make silly builds and u should be fine doin basically anything really

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Necro and barb? Get an extra multi mod too.

• Options
    The endgame of D4 is very accessible to self-made builds. If you go full meta you're gonna be bored because the open world isn't balanced for that, you have no choice but to farm nightmare dungeons. I think the open world needs a difficulty scalar, but I hope they don't incentivize it too much.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ye its good they havent tried to make it hard, i think u just need to be open to farming random uniques and seeing silly shit

just never ever look up what builds are good or what other people are doing and u will live a life of peace

i have looked up precisely zero and done all the testing myself and it was much more fun. i especially think looking up possible mod lists is a huge mistake u gotta let it be a surprise like birfday present

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm crushing wt3 on my barb currently, and my build has leap in it.

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    I'm crushing wt3 on my barb currently, and my build has leap in it.

im doing an entirely leg based build

leap, kick + yelling only (and the power of friendship)

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    I've found 4 butcher's cleavers and 2 unique barb maces as a druid
    i think this is the end-game reality for me until the next season brings in more varied loot

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    The real min/maxing chads know that mobility is more important than damage. I've got both Leap and Charge, and swap them in when the content is easy.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Continuing to bitch about Diablo being always online when D3 was as well... 12 years back is a bit "water is wet and I'm mad about it." I don't think you get to count that against it when offering review opinions. Do we sometimes wish it weren't so? Sure, but that's What It Is Now, so either deal with it on its own terms or just don't buy it.

My actual disappointment is how drab everything is. People liked to give D3 shit for being "too cartoony", but I liked that there was a smidge of color in the world (that wasn't red). This is the same goddamn reason I never played Skyrim. I live in Alaska; if I wanted to gaze out on a frozen, muddy, grey hellscape for 100 hours I just have to look out my window 8 months of the year.

It's so muted it's like looking through a dirty window and it's poopy and gross. Again the only "color" you get is when someone's entrails are bleeding out on the floor and it's just... sigh. C'mon. I need a little contrast. PoE is no less GrimDark in its setting and story, and yet manages to have some actually beautiful and interesting settings among all the dust and blood. That Lunaris Temple... whoo. The Reliquary!

You can look at the thumbnails on Twitch of everyone playing D4 and it all looks exactly the same. That's... not great.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ, the butcher is fucking hard to kill. What the hell are you supposed to do with him as a Barbarian?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I've got 5 kills on him on my barb, mostly I just spun behind him and all his attacks miss.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Remember, just keep your health above 0 while lowering The Butcher’s health to 0.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    akjak wrote: »
    Continuing to bitch about Diablo being always online when D3 was as well... 12 years back is a bit "water is wet and I'm mad about it." I don't think you get to count that against it when offering review opinions. Do we sometimes wish it weren't so? Sure, but that's What It Is Now, so either deal with it on its own terms or just don't buy it.

I actually don't mind the always-online thing but the idea that people shouldn't talk about a trend they don't like because it's been around long enough to become a common feature seems kind of self-defeating. If something a) sucks and b) is omnipresent, that's all the more reason to keep banging the drum! Is it likely to change anything? No. But the point of reviews/criticism is to talk about all facets of the game. You might not agree with the impact or level of severity or whatever, but "you can't count that against the game, that's just how it is" seems...silly. Like, what is the point of games criticism if you're expected to leave bits out because "that's just how it is now"? Who benefits from that kind of approach? It's a choice the company made, and that choice is subject to criticism just as much as anything else in the game, regardless of how widespread or industry-established it is.

In other words, if water continually chooses to be wet and you think that's a problem, why not talk about it? Maybe don't dwell on it exclusively, sure, but it bears mentioning along with everything else.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    yeah like always online is entirely a negative for me

im not gonna mald about it because it is what it is but its entirely a downside. the problems are significant and have made engaging with the game over the weekend extremely tedious with random lag etc. otoh there is no game of this type with this level of support that isnt trying to get u onto a online ecosystem where u will buy mtx or whatever, so its not like i can just say "well poe is offline and never has server issues" or whatever cos its equally an issue there too on new league launches

sometimes the world moves on... but kinda shittily. like eppur si muove but the turtle got some poop on the flipper and is walking it thru space

im now trying a pure frenzy build with a double swing every 5s to keep up attack speed it feels rather like saying to the big hordes "come over here lads one at a time form an orderly queue" its absolutely atrocious i am enjoying it my dual wield setup is like 1/2 the dps of my sacred unique 2h that buffs rupture which i am not using this is optimal Gaming

talking of major complaints

if u turn left click to move only and hold position to a toggle, then toggle hold position on - to make it so skills execute when ur stationary without moving in the facing u choose - then left click guess what happens

u fucking attack lmao

cmon dawg just make my character execute the fucking move when i press the button in the facing i specify as default behaviour why is this such a struggle

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I got one butcher appearance and he popped in at the same time I set off a trap shrine. I got destroyed pretty quick.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    talking of major complaints

if u turn left click to move only and hold position to a toggle, then toggle hold position on - to make it so skills execute when ur stationary without moving in the facing u choose - then left click guess what happens

u fucking attack lmao

cmon dawg just make my character execute the fucking move when i press the button in the facing i specify as default behaviour why is this such a struggle

Yeah, I almost came in here and complained about this a few hours ago. I have move+interact set to spacebar and left and right click as attacks only. Shift+Spacebar gives me my basic attack.

The game really needs PoE style 'always attack without moving' toggles for each skill, or Lost Ark 'aim at the cursor' behavior (I think Lost Ark also has 'ignore the cursor and attack forward' as an option), or something.

Also WASD, though I saw a screenshot of a dev saying that was coming in the replies to some tweet about other accessibility features.

I guess what I want, putting it all together, is WASD and attacks fire towards my cursor without moving me.

And an interact button that can JUST be an interact button BUT also moves me to the interactable if I'm not quiiite in the right place, like the one in Lost Ark, because trying to have Interact alone on the same key as I do in LA resulted in a much worse experience.

You can set your stand still key to be a toggle. But it is a temporary toggle, not a permanent one, and if you alt-tab it untoggles.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    akjak wrote: »

My actual disappointment is how drab everything is. People liked to give D3 shit for being "too cartoony", but I liked that there was a smidge of color in the world (that wasn't red). This is the same goddamn reason I never played Skyrim. I live in Alaska; if I wanted to gaze out on a frozen, muddy, grey hellscape for 100 hours I just have to look out my window 8 months of the year.

It's so muted it's like looking through a dirty window and it's poopy and gross. Again the only "color" you get is when someone's entrails are bleeding out on the floor and it's just... sigh. C'mon. I need a little contrast. PoE is no less GrimDark in its setting and story, and yet manages to have some actually beautiful and interesting settings among all the dust and blood. That Lunaris Temple... whoo. The Reliquary!

You can look at the thumbnails on Twitch of everyone playing D4 and it all looks exactly the same. That's... not great.

I used the nvidia control panel to increase the contrast, colour, vividness and some other things and my god does the game look amazing with colour.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone try this. Open the nvidia dashboard overlay thing and theres settings there to play with. The game looks AMAZING after a few tweaks. I also noticed that i have an easier time distinguishing what is happening during chaotic fights.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Kamar wrote: »
    You can set your stand still key to be a toggle. But it is a temporary toggle, not a permanent one, and if you alt-tab it untoggles.

yeah and its just like... i dont want a stand still toggle, not least because the proper implementation lets me hold move, press a skill that forces stationary and keep holding move as the character stands still exactly the minimum amount of time to do the skill in the direction i chose before resuming movement (or cancel the skill if they want movement cancelling skill, but even then that's something the hold position thing hides). i just want the skill to go off when i press it without other buttons involved. the behaviour of "figure out the shortest distance round enemies to x position, then cast from x position with random facing at y enemy who has now moved" is literally never the behaviour any sane person wants and i do not understand - other than legacy controls from diablo 2/3 - why they have chosen this as the default implementation

also can second the contrast etc suggestion i did that early on and having actual blacks etc makes things look so nice

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Yeah 2-3 dungeons in WT3 and my attack went from 1k to 2k.

Let the power climb begin

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Still doing Travelers?

8wivdcc2235p.png

• Options
    results of frenzy only:

zecdwfxsiy2e.png

it turns out that being unable to hit more than one enemy at the same time has its downsides but i have lodged a request at demon hq for them to form an orderly queue to get punched next time

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    So what's this about resists being garbage? Isn't that the opposite of, like, every ARPG ever where they're always super mandatory and you're basically toast without high resists?

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Hit 50 so had a crack at the capstone dungeon to get into WT3. I found last boss impossible as ice sorc, I was just taking too much damage and eventually I'd die. After about 10 goes I tried switching to lightning and had him down in 2. Feels good. Now to switch back to ice and see about these better drops I've heard about.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    scherbchen wrote: »
    how long can act IV last? I expected this to finish about 3 hours ago...

That's so weird, ACT 4 went by so fast for me that I didn't even realise I was in ACT 5.

buh? well I expected the game to only have 4 acts, might have been the 5th. It was late -.-

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    forty wrote: »
    So what's this about resists being garbage? Isn't that the opposite of, like, every ARPG ever where they're always super mandatory and you're basically toast without high resists?

its different in d4. as far as i can tell, elemental damage you take is reduced by both armor and the specific resist value in equal parts, so stacking any particular resist is not as effective because half of that value is effective.
    Secondly, any additional +elemental resist stat is multiplicative IIRC and its easy to hit the soft cap especially on world tier 4. There's probably some long Kripparian video that i didn't watch explaining this
    the basic take away is that increasing armor values gives more benefit than increasing elemental resist
    I think its mostly not communicated well enough since people are used to understanding that 75% elemental resist means 75% elemental resist and not 32.5% or some sort, unless they take the time to mouse over the stats and read the tooltips

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

its different in d4. as far as i can tell, elemental damage you take is reduced by both armor and the specific resist value in equal parts, so stacking any particular resist is not as effective because half of that value is effective
    I think its mostly not communicated well enough since people are used to understanding that 75% elemental resist means 75% elemental resist and not 32.5% or some sort

I'm expecting that in the coming weeks Blizz will notice that the decimal point was in the wrong place in the code that handles resists, and suddenly they will be 100% more effective.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    results of frenzy only:

zecdwfxsiy2e.png

it turns out that being unable to hit more than one enemy at the same time has its downsides but i have lodged a request at demon hq for them to form an orderly queue to get punched next time

I seek your wisdom @surrealitycheck

I'm trying to make a Rogue spec focusing strongly on traps but so far it's been a bit awkward. I'm good at clearing packs as long as they're not too spread out, reasonable at killing elites and outright bad against bosses.

I believe you mentioned earlier that it's possible to get Death Trap to almost zero cooldown. What's the secret to that?

Currently I'm running Twisting Blades, Caltrops, Dash, Poison Trap, Shadow Imbuement and Death Trap. I've been trying to get as many legendary aspects that create stun grenades as possible, but their AOE and damage are so lackluster that I'm not sure it's worth it. Shadow Imbuement is mostly there to trigger explosions through Icy Alchemist's Aspect and Toxic Alchemist's Aspect.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Vic wrote: »
    results of frenzy only:

zecdwfxsiy2e.png

I seek your wisdom surrealitycheck

I'm trying to make a Rogue spec focusing strongly on traps but so far it's been a bit awkward. I'm good at clearing packs as long as they're not too spread out, reasonable at killing elites and outright bad against bosses.

I believe you mentioned earlier that it's possible to get Death Trap to almost zero cooldown. What's the secret to that?

Currently I'm running Twisting Blades, Caltrops, Dash, Poison Trap, Shadow Imbuement and Death Trap. I've been trying to get as many legendary aspects that create stun grenades as possible, but their AOE and damage are so lackluster that I'm not sure it's worth it. Shadow Imbuement is mostly there to trigger explosions through Icy Alchemist's Aspect and Toxic Alchemist's Aspect.

basically you have to make sure you're triggering the final tier nade cd feat as much as possible - my rogue hasnt gone any further than 40 so i havent checked the higher level interactions - and crudely you're trying to get as much value out of poison trap caltrops reset w/ death trap poison trap caltrops etc etc

you do what %cdr because the cdr you get is flat (so you need fewer hits on average to get death trap back up) and there's a few other things you can do but yeah that's pretty much it. you just have to make sure you're deliberately hitting big packs to max out your chance to get the procs! in practice you will consistently be working with a sub 30 cd simply from its own "kill one thing get 10s off" that you want to consistently proc if at all possible ie make sure at least one weak goober is in the radius even on single target

for single target i was also doing poison infusion w/ pen shot (cos i had the legendary giving splinters which was nice for aoe triggers) to add some extra juice and using prep resets to get 4 shots off on single targets. in the long run the only obvious stuff is getting the caltrop nades dungeon aspect, the %vuln vs trapped targets aspect, oh yeah and "your grenade skills count as trap skills" (im sure you can see the meme for that one...)

at the end i was running cold caltrops w/ the nades vs chilled aspect and enjoying lots of FROOZE for extra damage but yeah that's pretty much it, i haven't seen how it would develop because didn't take it any further. lucky hit chance very good for that build. i suspect you broadly end up being pushed quite hard into imbue no matter what because death trap base damage doesn't seem spicy enough but i'm unsure maybe you get a cool trap unique that turns poison trap into laser trap

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    results of frenzy only:

zecdwfxsiy2e.png

basically you have to make sure you're triggering the final tier nade cd feat as much as possible - my rogue hasnt gone any further than 40 so i havent checked the higher level interactions - and crudely you're trying to get as much value out of poison trap caltrops reset w/ death trap poison trap caltrops etc etc

you do what %cdr because the cdr you get is flat (so you need fewer hits on average to get death trap back up) and there's a few other things you can do but yeah that's pretty much it. you just have to make sure you're deliberately hitting big packs to max out your chance to get the procs! in practice you will consistently be working with a sub 30 cd simply from its own "kill one thing get 10s off" that you want to consistently proc if at all possible ie make sure at least one weak goober is in the radius even on single target

for single target i was also doing poison infusion w/ pen shot (cos i had the legendary giving splinters which was nice for aoe triggers) to add some extra juice and using prep resets to get 4 shots off on single targets. in the long run the only obvious stuff is getting the caltrop nades dungeon aspect, the %vuln vs trapped targets aspect, oh yeah and "your grenade skills count as trap skills" (im sure you can see the meme for that one...)

at the end i was running cold caltrops w/ the nades vs chilled aspect and enjoying lots of FROOZE for extra damage but yeah that's pretty much it, i haven't seen how it would develop because didn't take it any further

I can't figure out the point of the "grenade skills are trap skills" aspect. The only grenade skill I can find is Smoke Grenade and I can't seem to fit it into my build. I had high hopes for the Aspect of Synergy, but those were dashed when I realized that Death Trap isn't a subterfuge skill so it currently only reduces the cooldown of my poison trap.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Found a good dagger and focus and now I’m clearing dungeons in half the time I used to do before :smiley:

But I think there must be something out of whack with the “increased health” of the minions of elites, because most of the time it takes me more time to kill those minions, than the elite itself. Which is really weird when you’re hammering on vampire bats or ghouls or spiderlings and they just won’t die (while they are the easiest enemies to kill).
    And I learned that ghouls have an inherent Vampiric ability, which was fun on that minion :neutral:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Yeah the increased health trash mobs are fucking ridiculous

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    how long can act IV last? I expected this to finish about 3 hours ago...

That's so weird, ACT 4 went by so fast for me that I didn't even realise I was in ACT 5.

buh? well I expected the game to only have 4 acts, might have been the 5th. It was late -.-

Ok I was literally only having to talk to one guy away from the credits. Fair enough.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Do strongholds reset? I've cleared every stronghold but couldn't run a dungeon for one because the map said I needed to complete the stronghold.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    results of frenzy only:

zecdwfxsiy2e.png

at the end i was running cold caltrops w/ the nades vs chilled aspect and enjoying lots of FROOZE for extra damage but yeah that's pretty much it, i haven't seen how it would develop because didn't take it any further

I can't figure out the point of the "grenade skills are trap skills" aspect. The only grenade skill I can find is Smoke Grenade and I can't seem to fit it into my build. I had high hopes for the Aspect of Synergy, but those were dashed when I realized that Death Trap isn't a subterfuge skill so it currently only reduces the cooldown of my poison trap.

the smoke nade daze counts as trap, gets 3s off its cd for every hit vs vuln (and u make sure they vuln) and is a 100% consistent source of daze. because it now counts as a trap, when you attack targets dazed by your smoke nade you also get 20% of its cd (and all your traps) off if you trigger the lucky hit - along with everything else (so even when you haven't got people in your other skills you're gucci). this feeds caltrops. theres a utility mod that drops one every time you dash- so you dont even need to run it on bar if you dont want to - and you can get -0.5 off dash cd every time you daze an enemy on tree, along with enemies are knocked down when you crit them while they are dazed. caltrops is an agility skill, so you can run the poison traps can be chain dropped during stealth and dont break stealth + damaging a dazed enemy w/ agility skill gives you 4s stealth to have base 5s cd poison traps if you only drop one + the benefits of constant stealth. keeping them dazed with constant smoke nades means you get 12% free crit from proccing the knockdown passive. theres another mod thats like nades every time you break stealth so being able to chain the stealth is very funny

i think originally i was just tickled by the 20% off its cd from that proc and it now counting as a trap and feeding all my other traps on top of it also being able to shoot grenades and now stunning people and knocking them down and also proccing the freeze from throwing them at chilled people in my cold caltrops but god knows at this point there was some spaghetti i was planning but i cant sleep so this is all just freestyle

but the more ways you can get the big 20% off trap cds procced from as many sources as possible the more you get to prep everything and do it all over again

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    results of frenzy only:

zecdwfxsiy2e.png

the smoke nade daze counts as trap, gets 3s off its cd for every hit vs vuln (and u make sure they vuln) and is a 100% consistent source of daze. because it now counts as a trap, when you attack targets dazed by your smoke nade you also get 20% of its cd (and all your traps) off if you trigger the lucky hit - along with everything else (so even when you haven't got people in your other skills you're gucci). this feeds caltrops. theres a utility mod that drops one every time you dash- so you dont even need to run it on bar if you dont want to - and you can get -0.5 off dash cd every time you daze an enemy on tree, along with enemies are knocked down when you crit them while they are dazed. caltrops is an agility skill, so you can run the poison traps can be chain dropped during stealth and dont break stealth + damaging a dazed enemy w/ agility skill gives you 4s stealth to have base 5s cd poison traps if you only drop one + the benefits of constant stealth. keeping them dazed with constant smoke nades means you get 12% free crit from proccing the knockdown passive. theres another mod thats like nades every time you break stealth so being able to chain the stealth is very funny

i think originally i was just tickled by the 20% off its cd from that proc and it now counting as a trap and feeding all my other traps on top of it also being able to shoot grenades and now stunning people and knocking them down and also proccing the freeze from throwing them at chilled people in my cold caltrops but god knows at this point there was some spaghetti i was planning but i cant sleep so this is all just freestyle

Hmm... that seems worth a shot at least! Thanks a lot for the tips.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    This reduced some confusion for me:
    There are 11 different status effects that count as Crowd Control in Diablo 4: Slow, Immobilize, Stun, Knockback, Knockdown, Taunt, Fear, Tether, Daze, Chill, and Freeze. Each status has different effects, but all of them count as Crowd Control.

Generally it seems that the general "Increased Crowd Control Duration" has lower caps than the specific ones, which makes sense from a balance perspective.

This discussion has been closed.