Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

it’s so goddamn hot outside holy shit

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah for sure. I used to build log homes up in NC, so overshooting on prewiring is a habit now.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Pretty much all of western Oregon broke all-time records today.

https://x.com/NWSPortland/status/1810864301218935290

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    tomorrow descends to a balmy high of 92, thankfully

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    it's going to be 105 in spokane today and that fucking sucks

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    We still have no power at our house post Beryl.

Of course work has power though.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Too damn hot in central Pennsylvania already, what the fuck

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I had to turn of my weather app notifications because of the constant "EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING" alerts

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Too damn hot in central Pennsylvania already, what the fuck

Sunday-Wednesday look to be the worst of it for us (northern Maryland here)

hopefully it gets better soon

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Central OhioRegistered User regular
    Beryl’s remnants are blowing by us here in Ohio so it’s in the low 70s

I think it’s back to the 90s tomorrow

l7ygmd1dd4p1.jpeg
    3b2y43dozpk3.jpeg
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Not that this would ever happen in Texas, but i wonder at what point, as hurricane and tornadoes become more frequent and stronger, will power companies finally realize it would be cheaper to bury the lines then repair them every few weeks? Probably never and they will just raise our rates, i guess is the realistic answer.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    My power bill is 50% higher monthly compared to last year. It is too damn hot, and too expensive to run the AC enough to actually cool down.

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    108 today 112 tomorrow

you know what’s funny? It was 104 yesterday and I was outside and going “oh this isn’t so bad. Its no 110+”

This is what happens when you get used to it

I understand how people can live in Phoenix now

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Not that this would ever happen in Texas, but i wonder at what point, as hurricane and tornadoes become more frequent and stronger, will power companies finally realize it would be cheaper to bury the lines then repair them every few weeks? Probably never and they will just raise our rates, i guess is the realistic answer.

They will never bury the lines are you kidding?

Number would go down.

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    I swear to god I stepped outside to do shit and the sun literally hurt

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    I swear to god I stepped outside to do shit and the sun literally hurt
    gVhztB.gif

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    someone pick up a star so we can literally kill the sun

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular

I'm not sure if its the power company doing it on their own, or the city/whoever making them, but this absolutely has been happening here in FL. They're going around converting from raised to buried lines in many areas due to all the power outages from storms (thunderstorms or hurricanes).

96058.png?1619393207
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    the last round of DOE funding i saw specifically required companies to include in their requests an analysis of resiliency for continued climate change

no idea how stringent the merit review was in making sure those analysis were more than, it'd cost X more to run it underground, vs regular repairs

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • schussschuss Registered User regular

My town in NH requires buried house lines. Power companies generally aren't going to bury without municipal support as it's a massive capital charge and they're insanely fast at changing out poles/overheads at this point. As an expense they can just tack it on bills pretty easily versus the burying investment.
    You also run into a pile of potential easement issues and water table issues as you can't bury in a high water table. All this to say - utilities will do it if a city is committed with them, as that mitigates most of the risk.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hallelujah to the dark Lord, facilities maintenance staff have fixed the AC

Oh blessed day

in the new world, HVAC technicians are our new lords

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

Toll the Great Bell Once!
    Pull the Lever forward to engage the
    Piston and Pump...
    Toll the Great Bell Twice!
    With push of Button fire the Engine
    And spark Turbine into life...
    Toll the Great Bell Thrice!
    Sing Praise to the
    God of All Machines

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Cold, the air and water flowing.
    Hard, the land we call our home.
    Push, to keep the heat from coming.
    Feel the weight of what we owe.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    it’s been a high of 103 since Friday

it’s going to be highs of 103 until Saturday

i’m so tired of the sun the sun the sun

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Of menaces, yearning and burning

it just rained for I think 7 seconds, which is like pouring water on the coals in a shvitz.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’m on the other side of the world to you lot and we’ve had an upsetting amount of rain here. For about six days so far, constantly. It’s warm though!

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I think that no one in the Texas government should be allowed to have air conditioning until everyone else in the state has their electricity restored.

My wife left a sugar free Pepsi sitting in her car and it almost literally exploded. Thankfully it is sugar free so the cleanup is not that bad but still. Damn it is hot.
    zlpkdv135cza.jpg

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    We have another tornado watch here today. In Vermont. That's the second one in two weeks.

Fucking wild.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    We have another tornado watch here today. In Vermont. That's the second one in two weeks.

Fucking wild.

Beryl's remnants making itself known

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    our 100% chance of rain today ended up being 0%

it's been over a month =/

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Fucking wild.

O_O

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    This time there ended up being no tornado anywhere (last time there was a touchdown, wheee), but Barre flooded again. Exactly one year after last year.
    Sucks for those folks. :(

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I had to turn of my weather app notifications because of the constant "EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING" alerts

For real though that shit is so stressful like yes Weather Channel I know the fucking planet is dying thanks for the update

edited July 12
    oh hey weather app whatcha got for me
    p4x5tgobdq4s.jpeg
    maaaaaaaan really getting a parting shot today huh

Havelock2.0 on
    hooray, today is gloomy and rainy finally, meaning it’s a chill 85 F and super humid.

We got our pool almost ready this week. Fuck you sun, we will fight you with water!

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

https://youtu.be/VxxYqE4Gil8?si=EXXh4xIXWyS-yS6G

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    We have Thunderstorms rolling in after a record heatwave. Gotta love late August weather in mid July. Already have had fires popping off the last few days. Going to be a long summer to mid September.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981