Options

The [Twitter] Thread is filmed before a live studio audience

1202123252639

Posts

  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Ready Player One is the favorite book of people who don't read.

    The DaVinci Code had to pass the torch to a fitting successor.

    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    so is player two a girlfriend or child in this cheap t-shirt idea title book?

    Are you sure you want to know?
    Player 2 is a digital clone of Parzival's mind that gets loaded into a mini Oasis put on a space ship and...
    sorry, my nose started bleeding a bit there.

    Oh god. It's not stopping.

  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Kadith wrote: »
    so is player two a girlfriend or child in this cheap t-shirt idea title book?

    Are you sure you want to know?
    Player 2 is a digital clone of Parzival's mind that gets loaded into a mini Oasis put on a space ship and...
    sorry, my nose started bleeding a bit there.

    Oh god. It's not stopping.

    of course it's a clone

    do the clones fuck?

    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Kadith wrote: »
    so is player two a girlfriend or child in this cheap t-shirt idea title book?

    Are you sure you want to know?
    Player 2 is a digital clone of Parzival's mind that gets loaded into a mini Oasis put on a space ship and...
    sorry, my nose started bleeding a bit there.

    Oh god. It's not stopping.

    of course it's a clone

    do the clones fuck?

    Even better.
    The new version of virtual reality hardware lets you download memories and experiences from other people, so you can remember being other people who've fucked.
    This goes exactly how you're imagining it.

  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    https://www.al.com/news/2024/07/whitmire-alabama-gop-chairman-says-democracy-leads-to-socialism.html
    Even though most other media are still focused on President Joe Biden’s disastrous debate performance, Wahl and Poor got bored talking about that after barely five minutes, when they pivoted to …

    America: Democracy or Republic?

    As we have discussed before, the question is complicated as “democracy” and “republic” are not themselves scientific classifications. These aren’t butterflies we’re talking about. You can’t say one of these things is distinct from the other, as you can between a monarch and a hickory-horned devil.

    Some will try to argue that democracy means a classical Greek direct democracy. But nobody other than the Greeks and maybe a few neighborhood associations have ever tried such a thing. And nobody ever speaks of direct democracy without putting the qualifier direct in front of it, as Poor did at one point during the show.

    But according to Wahl, a democracy is something different than a republic — something dangerous, because it leads to a third category we haven’t touched on before.

    “The mainstream media wants us to think of ourselves as a democracy because that leads to socialism,” Wahl said on the program.

    For Wahl, socialism is bad — firmly in the they/them category — and something to be avoided at all costs. And we are sliding down this slippery slope, he says, because even some Republicans refer to America as a democracy.

    “We, as a party, have allowed this to happen,” Wahl said. “If you go back and you watch Ronald Reagan, every time Ronald Reagan spoke of our nation, he said ‘our republic,’ and we have lost that. Even our Republican elected officials call us a democracy far too often, and we are not.”

    If so, things are even worse shape than Wahl might imagine — and imagine is the key word here. Not only have many Republicans spoken of America as a democracy, but Reagan often did, too.

    Oh hey that fun little “secret” ideological plank of the right wing is getting trotted out again.

    That’s definitely not a sign that the GOP is a fundamentally fascist organization that needs to be dissolved at every level with legal force.

  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/elon-musk-x-twitter-growth-stalls-250m-threads-plays-catch-up
    X, formerly known as Twitter, is seeing user growth slow to a crawl since Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk bought the social media platform for a staggering $44 billion in mid-2022.

    X's daily active user growth has plummeted from roughly 30% annually just a few years ago in 2020 to less than 2% in 2024, according to new data from X reported by the Financial Times. In the past year, X only saw 1.6% daily active user growth and has roughly 251 million daily active users, according to the report.

    Its app downloads have also wavered this year, hovering around 100,000 daily iOS downloads while Meta's Threads has seen between a quarter-million and 300,000 daily iOS downloads, per AppFigures data. This year, Threads has seen more than double the iOS downloads of X in total, logging 51 million downloads compared to X's 20 million.

    On Android, that ratio is similar. Threads has logged 87 million Android downloads so far this year, while X has seen roughly half that at 45 million.

    BLEED THAT CAPITAL, EMERALD MAN, BLEED THAT CAPITAL AND SEE THE VALUATION COME LOW.

  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I hate Musk as much as the next guy and constantly hope for his downfall but saying "twitter isn't growing as fast as it was when the entire planet had nothing better to do," isn't really much of a dunk IMO.

    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I hate Musk as much as the next guy and constantly hope for his downfall but saying "twitter isn't growing as fast as it was when the entire planet had nothing better to do," isn't really much of a dunk IMO.

    while true it is also true that its extremely funny that musk paid a price that didn't reflect that reality. remember he basically made his offer at peak, it collapsed before the deal even closed and he tried to sue to get out of it and failed.

    its just a cherry on top that he also sucks at running it himself

  • Options
    proxy_hueproxy_hue Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    https://www.al.com/news/2024/07/whitmire-alabama-gop-chairman-says-democracy-leads-to-socialism.html
    Even though most other media are still focused on President Joe Biden’s disastrous debate performance, Wahl and Poor got bored talking about that after barely five minutes, when they pivoted to …

    America: Democracy or Republic?

    As we have discussed before, the question is complicated as “democracy” and “republic” are not themselves scientific classifications. These aren’t butterflies we’re talking about. You can’t say one of these things is distinct from the other, as you can between a monarch and a hickory-horned devil.

    Some will try to argue that democracy means a classical Greek direct democracy. But nobody other than the Greeks and maybe a few neighborhood associations have ever tried such a thing. And nobody ever speaks of direct democracy without putting the qualifier direct in front of it, as Poor did at one point during the show.

    But according to Wahl, a democracy is something different than a republic — something dangerous, because it leads to a third category we haven’t touched on before.

    “The mainstream media wants us to think of ourselves as a democracy because that leads to socialism,” Wahl said on the program.

    For Wahl, socialism is bad — firmly in the they/them category — and something to be avoided at all costs. And we are sliding down this slippery slope, he says, because even some Republicans refer to America as a democracy.

    “We, as a party, have allowed this to happen,” Wahl said. “If you go back and you watch Ronald Reagan, every time Ronald Reagan spoke of our nation, he said ‘our republic,’ and we have lost that. Even our Republican elected officials call us a democracy far too often, and we are not.”

    If so, things are even worse shape than Wahl might imagine — and imagine is the key word here. Not only have many Republicans spoken of America as a democracy, but Reagan often did, too.

    Oh hey that fun little “secret” ideological plank of the right wing is getting trotted out again.

    That’s definitely not a sign that the GOP is a fundamentally fascist organization that needs to be dissolved at every level with legal force.

    we are forever cursed by James Madison making shit up

  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I hate Musk as much as the next guy and constantly hope for his downfall but saying "twitter isn't growing as fast as it was when the entire planet had nothing better to do," isn't really much of a dunk IMO.

    I dunno about the entire planet, I was going to work during the pandemic and I definitely wasn't the only one.

  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Also as much as you're correct and that's not really a failure in the real world, in the financial bullshit world of VC money it's catastrophic, and that's where all Musk's money comes from.

    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I hate Musk as much as the next guy and constantly hope for his downfall but saying "twitter isn't growing as fast as it was when the entire planet had nothing better to do," isn't really much of a dunk IMO.

    It’s less than population growth

  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    also a colossal percentage of twitters users are bots.

    the actual number of humans on the platform is plummeting by those metrics.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    also a colossal percentage of twitters users are bots.

    the actual number of humans on the platform is plummeting by those metrics.

    no, elon said he stopped every bot!

  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    SLyM wrote: »
    I hate Musk as much as the next guy and constantly hope for his downfall but saying "twitter isn't growing as fast as it was when the entire planet had nothing better to do," isn't really much of a dunk IMO.
    I dunno about the entire planet, I was going to work during the pandemic and I definitely wasn't the only one.
    Some people go outside after work. Science is still studying how this is possible.

    Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/george-clooney-major-democratic-fundraiser-calls-for-biden-to-leave-presidential-race

    Oh dear

    "WASHINGTON (AP) — Movie star and lifelong Democrat George Clooney added his voice to calls for Joe Biden to leave the presidential race on Wednesday."

  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    what evil robot would you want to be president

    I vote for Bender

  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    SLyM wrote: »
    I hate Musk as much as the next guy and constantly hope for his downfall but saying "twitter isn't growing as fast as it was when the entire planet had nothing better to do," isn't really much of a dunk IMO.
    I dunno about the entire planet, I was going to work during the pandemic and I definitely wasn't the only one.
    Some people go outside after work. Science is still studying how this is possible.

    To get to our traffic shuttles

  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    what evil robot would you want to be president

    I vote for Bender

    I spent way too much time thinking about this before realizing that I kept leaning towards options that would end in I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
    probably something to unpack there

  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    what evil robot would you want to be president

    I vote for Bender

    G1 Starscream would be hilarious for the first year of his tyrannical yet feckless rule

    Lanz on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    it would be… bad comedy.

  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    what evil robot would you want to be president

    I vote for Bender

    I spent way too much time thinking about this before realizing that I kept leaning towards options that would end in I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
    probably something to unpack there

    The first thing that popped into my head was AM, that’s maybe concerning.

    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    what evil robot would you want to be president

    I vote for Bender

    G1 Starscream would be hilarious for the first year of his tyrannical yet feckless rule
    I like it, but I think I'd want to just full-on replicate the whole thing: Megatron for President, Starscream for Vice President.

    Insecticons to just pack the Supreme Court.

  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    AOC has introduced articles of impeachment against Justices Thomas and Alito.

    Full statement available on her House site.
    The first impeachment resolution includes the following impeachment articles against Justice Thomas:
    1. Failure to disclose financial income, gifts and reimbursements, property interests, liabilities, and transactions, among other information.
    2. Refusal to recuse from matters concerning his spouse’s legal interest in cases before the court.
    3. Refusal to recuse from matters involving his spouse’s financial interest in cases before the court.

    The second impeachment resolution includes the following impeachment articles against Justice Alito:
    1. Refusal to recuse from cases in which he had a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party in cases before the court.
    2. Failure to disclose financial income, gifts and reimbursements, property interests, liabilities, and transactions, among other information.

    Cosponsors: Representatives Barbara Lee (CA-12), Rashida Tlaib (MI-12), Bonnie Watson Coleman (NJ-12), Delia Ramirez (IL-3), Maxwell Frost (FL-10), Ilhan Omar (MN-5), Jamaal Bowman (NY-16), Jasmine Crockett (TX-30)

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    proxy_hue wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »
    https://www.al.com/news/2024/07/whitmire-alabama-gop-chairman-says-democracy-leads-to-socialism.html
    Even though most other media are still focused on President Joe Biden’s disastrous debate performance, Wahl and Poor got bored talking about that after barely five minutes, when they pivoted to …

    America: Democracy or Republic?

    As we have discussed before, the question is complicated as “democracy” and “republic” are not themselves scientific classifications. These aren’t butterflies we’re talking about. You can’t say one of these things is distinct from the other, as you can between a monarch and a hickory-horned devil.

    Some will try to argue that democracy means a classical Greek direct democracy. But nobody other than the Greeks and maybe a few neighborhood associations have ever tried such a thing. And nobody ever speaks of direct democracy without putting the qualifier direct in front of it, as Poor did at one point during the show.

    But according to Wahl, a democracy is something different than a republic — something dangerous, because it leads to a third category we haven’t touched on before.

    “The mainstream media wants us to think of ourselves as a democracy because that leads to socialism,” Wahl said on the program.

    For Wahl, socialism is bad — firmly in the they/them category — and something to be avoided at all costs. And we are sliding down this slippery slope, he says, because even some Republicans refer to America as a democracy.

    “We, as a party, have allowed this to happen,” Wahl said. “If you go back and you watch Ronald Reagan, every time Ronald Reagan spoke of our nation, he said ‘our republic,’ and we have lost that. Even our Republican elected officials call us a democracy far too often, and we are not.”

    If so, things are even worse shape than Wahl might imagine — and imagine is the key word here. Not only have many Republicans spoken of America as a democracy, but Reagan often did, too.

    Oh hey that fun little “secret” ideological plank of the right wing is getting trotted out again.

    That’s definitely not a sign that the GOP is a fundamentally fascist organization that needs to be dissolved at every level with legal force.

    we are forever cursed by James Madison making shit up

    I'm just hating the founding fathers more and more every year

    "Political parties are dangerous, don't succumb to them."
    Okay, Washington, thanks for that advice, and for the government where political parties are the only way to achieve power.

  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I can't believe I'm defending Washington, I fucking hate that dude, but he didn't really have much to do with the creation of the system of government. He was never really much of a politician really, he was just a capital-l Leader. And asshole.

    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

    Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    Jasconius wrote: »
    SLyM wrote: »
    I hate Musk as much as the next guy and constantly hope for his downfall but saying "twitter isn't growing as fast as it was when the entire planet had nothing better to do," isn't really much of a dunk IMO.

    while true it is also true that its extremely funny that musk paid a price that didn't reflect that reality. remember he basically made his offer at peak, it collapsed before the deal even closed and he tried to sue to get out of it and failed.

    its just a cherry on top that he also sucks at running it himself

    It's unfortunate that Elon musk actually succeeded in making the world's funniest 420 joke but at least we are laughing at elon instead of with him

    Burtletoy on
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    also a colossal percentage of twitters users are bots.

    the actual number of humans on the platform is plummeting by those metrics.

    no, elon said he stopped every bot!

    No, more bots!

  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    Donors are already turning off the funnel as long as he's there https://deadline.com/2024/07/biden-donors-outrage-abigail-disney-barry-diller-1236001923/

    https://x.com/natashakorecki/status/1811141604180435245 https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/disastrous-biden-campaign-fundraising-takes-major-hit-rcna161214
    NEW: Four sources close to Biden’s reelection effort tell @NBCNews the campaign is suffering a major downshift in donations and officials are bracing for a seismic fundraising hit.

    "The money has absolutely shut off."

    w/@jonallendc @albamonica & team

    Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    considering the democrats donation cry is that the sky is always falling and we never have enough donations

    i have hard time believing sources until actual financial reports come out

    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    considering the democrats donation cry is that the sky is always falling and we never have enough donations

    i have hard time believing sources until actual financial reports come out

    This one’s been simmering for a few days, they’re not talking like, those of us who get those incessant donation emails.

    No this is the money people, the Tens of Thousands of dollars a plate dinner people, the bundlers. I.e., the class of people who gave birth to the modern Democratic Party in the Clinton era with the rise of the Democratic Leadership Council and its Third Way political philosophy.


    In other words, Biden has done the one thing you are never, ever supposed to do. The Golden Rule in our system, that even, thus far, even the major parties are beholden to: Don’t Fuck with the Money.

  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Yeah, you have regular Hollywood people publicly saying they're done going forward if you're involved. It's not nothing, it's in fact the opposite of nothing

  • Options
    neverreallyneverreally Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    considering the democrats donation cry is that the sky is always falling and we never have enough donations

    i have hard time believing sources until actual financial reports come out

    They only have a billion dollars left to spend on spamming our phones with campaign ads!

  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    the sky is falling and armageddon is imminent, meanwhile Biden is treating the shit like a little league game, with his "as long as I did my best out there, that's what really matters" attitude.

  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Billionaires are stopping donations to the democratic party? Huh

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    and I just got a fundraising ad from good ol barakie O today

  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    We are not going to win in November with this president. On top of that, we won’t win the House, and we’re going to lose the Senate. This isn’t only my opinion; this is the opinion of every senator and Congress member and governor who I’ve spoken with in private. Every single one, irrespective of what he or she is saying publicly.

  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i’m honestly shocked if the money is actually stopping the dnc isn’t in full scramble drill mode

    that’s like, the thing everyone has said was the only thing they ever cared about

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i’m honestly shocked if the money is actually stopping the dnc isn’t in full scramble drill mode

    that’s like, the thing everyone has said was the only thing they ever cared about

    I imagine they are, they're just keeping it out of the public eye as much as possible

Sign In or Register to comment.