edited May 2008
    James wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    This is the belt I wear, in black.

GIWEBBBELTBRASS.jpg

Gay...

Did I mention I got it from the army?

when i need a belt i use the same type, only i didn't get it from the military, i steal it from my brother.

i am the worst at fashion

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

GIWEBBBELTBRASS.jpg

Gay...

Did they make you kill a man with it first, to show that you were worthy?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ee iii eee iii oooooooh

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Belruel wrote: »

GIWEBBBELTBRASS.jpg

Gay...

when i need a belt i use the same type, only i didn't get it from the military, i steal it from my brother.

I like the military ones better because, from my experience anyway, they're of better quality.

James on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    Jacob, if you're talking about your refund on your 2006 return, then no, you don't have to report that in 2007 because that money is money you earned in 2006, the government just held on to it for a while.

You should be fine without the previous years return. I've never managed to keep ahold of my returns for a full year so i never have the previous year's when i do my taxes.

I'm not sure why exactly Jacob needs his 2006 returns, but I need my previous year's returns every year because I do e-filing, and they ask for that information as part of the verification process. Luckily TurboTax online has all my info, so I don't need to hold on to anything, though I've been trying to keep a printed copy of all my returns so far.

I e-filed with H&R block and they didn't need 2k6 to verify me. I don't recall what they did to verify me though.

If you filed with them before, they know who you are and just brought over the old information. The requirement of the previous years' numbers (AGI, I think) is an IRS requirement to verify the identity of the filer. How that information gets to them (either you typing it in or H&R bringing it over) they could care less.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Satan. wrote: »
    Did your parents claim you as a dependent? If so, you can't claim any education deductions.

Hahaha, no, I'm 28 and have lived on my own lo these many years. I just keep copies of my returns at my folks' house because I was under the impression they would be safe there, more fool I.

My parents keep all my paperwork safe. I bet they still have my PSAT score report. Obviously your parents don't love you enough.
    It's ok, though, I <3 you. You're figured out that I was talking about A Man Without Qualities in that one book thread.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Well church would do anything for attention. If you put him and Obo in the same room, oh god mental image HORRIBLE MENTAL IMAGE!

What has Oboro done to deserve that?

Uhh just about every post he ever made? Let us not forget this is the person who drank his own urine and posted pics in chat.

what

To be fair, she was just recently committed to an institution. There's a certain context in which her actions have to be viewed.

japan on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Note that I am not actually in the army.

James on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Elks almost took away chat because of that night.

Good times.

I don't even know if the pictures I saw were real or part of some drunk nightmare.

... are they still around? I'm a "pics or it didn't happen" guy.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Did your parents claim you as a dependent? If so, you can't claim any education deductions.

Hahaha, no, I'm 28 and have lived on my own lo these many years. I just keep copies of my returns at my folks' house because I was under the impression they would be safe there, more fool I.

Ah. I don't believe the 1040EZ makes allowances for educational deduction. Turbo Tax started offering a new free online filing product this year in accordance with the IRS' expanded eFiling campaign. You might want to check that out (Turbo Tax Freedom, I think... check www.irs.gov for filing URLs) and see what form it goes to file for you.

Satan. on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    japan wrote: »
    Well church would do anything for attention. If you put him and Obo in the same room, oh god mental image HORRIBLE MENTAL IMAGE!

Uhh just about every post he ever made? Let us not forget this is the person who drank his own urine and posted pics in chat.

what

To be fair, she was just recently committed to an institution. There's a certain context in which her actions have to be viewed.

Yes. But like, there are few who didn't know that, I think.

She has issues.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

So that's where Oro went? I was sort of wondering not out of concern but curiosity.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

what

I've been perfectly aware of Obo and her issues but this is something that has never come up before (Or in the last 4 months or so that I've been frequenting [chat]s)

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

You don't have to be in the army to kill a man with a belt. Especially if it's a man-killing belt, which it obviously is because it was made by the Army.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    *Ugh* Peoples, belts are just so middle-manager. Are you gonna want that TPS report too, you belt-wearers?

what is wrong with you

Ugh, Jesus Christ, are your sarcasto-meters all broken, you fuckers?

Going on and on and offering reasons why you are correct sure is the proper way to deliver sarcasm.

o_O Ok, so my first post where I mention belts with jeans is in response to Stew where I said it was "considered dorky." Then Jacob asked me how jeans are supposed to be held up, and I cite "current fashion." Then I make the sarcastic comment you quoted, and Podly says I'm wrong and I make fun of him for wearing vests. And then I make fun of belt buckles. The only time I'm even talking about belts with jeans seriously was in the first two posts, and even then I was in a neutral stance, proffering a non-personal view. I don't understand why people seem to think I'm all coming to their houses to confiscate their belts.
    I get it, you hate belts.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    Excellent. Thanks, Satan!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Excellent. Thanks, Satan!

Yes, hail to me and all of that.

---

I'm off to cut my hair and shower. Hopefully my back doesn't start screaming in the middle of it.

Satan. on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    this [chat] sucks

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    Thanks, Satan!

why i will never be able to run for political office, part #103,272

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Yes. But like, there are few who didn't know that, I think.

She has issues.
    There's someone left who doesn't know Oboro has issues? Who is this innocent, sheltered child?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    well, I'm going for a fag and then to bed.

g'night [chat]

BobCesca on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

So that's where Oro went? I was sort of wondering not out of concern but curiosity.

I think it's voluntarily for two weeks, but her last post did suggest a rather ominous "after that". So basically we don't know if/when she'll be back.

Personally I just hope it's helping.

japan on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Thanks, Satan!

why i will never be able to run for political office, part #103,272

Are you kidding? There are like 1% of current elected officials over the local level that didn't sell themselves to me.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

You don't have to be in the army to kill a man with a belt. Especially if it's a man-killing belt, which it obviously is because it was made by the Army.

No they did not make me kill a man with my man-killing belt.

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I think it's voluntarily for two weeks, but her last post did suggest a rather ominous "after that". So basically we don't know if/when she'll be back.

I know this: it really couldn't do her any harm.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    this [chat] sucks

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That's backpedaling.

Well, you probably just don't know me well enough then. If I were so scared of what people on the internet thought of me that I would backpedal when they started disagreeing with me, I would have done so that time people jumped all over me for only drinking bottled water, or the multiple times I've been told I was a horrible person for not liking Johnny Cash, or the multiple times I've been called a snob for liking opera and not various pop groups du jour.

I said you weren't a horrible person for not liking Johnny Cash! Because country is not for everyone, I only asked that you acknowledge his song writing ability, which transcends genre. But I don't think you actually ever weighed in one way or the other on that particular question.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    this [chat] sucks

Sorry, I've been busy.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

This isn't her first time and to be honest, I'm really not getting my hopes up for her. I hope she proves me wrong, though.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Oh so you did it voluntarily?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    My parents keep all my paperwork safe. I bet they still have my PSAT score report. Obviously your parents don't love you enough.

Mine still have that stuff! A few months ago I read all the confidential reports from my teachers and gifted-class counselors. Usually it was along the lines of "Jacob is so bright but he doesn't do the work to live up to his potential." HA! I sure showed them.
    :|

It's ok, though, I <3 you. You're figured out that I was talking about A Man Without Qualities in that one book thread.

BFF4LYFE

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    jeepguy wrote: »
    That's backpedaling.

Well, you probably just don't know me well enough then. If I were so scared of what people on the internet thought of me that I would backpedal when they started disagreeing with me, I would have done so that time people jumped all over me for only drinking bottled water, or the multiple times I've been told I was a horrible person for not liking Johnny Cash, or the multiple times I've been called a snob for liking opera and not various pop groups du jour.

I said you weren't a horrible person for not liking Johnny Cash! Because country is not for everyone, I only asked that you acknowledge his song writing ability, which transcends genre. But I don't think you actually ever weighed in one way or the other on that particular question.

I say she's a horrible person, but then again she's asian, its in her genes.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    One. You're all philistines for not wearing belts.

Two. I was wondering where Oboro went.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    And with with three thousandth and twenty eighth post, I curse Zoidberg!

Tav on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    One. You're all philistines for not wearing belts.

Two. I was wondering where Oboro went.

Oboro checked into the hospital for psychiatric evaluation/treatment. She promised to come back.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Oh so you did it voluntarily?

Begging the question!

But yes.

James on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

GIWEBBBELTBRASS.jpg

Gay...

I like the military ones better because, from my experience anyway, they're of better quality.

i generally do not need belts of such high quality to hold up my pants, the one i use doesn't seem to be shattering under the immense weight of my corpulence, so i think its doing fine

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    jeepguy wrote: »

Haha, Hacks has got the calling me a horrible person part covered for ya ;-) Oh, and Feral too, apparently :P And really, I just don't like his cover of Hurt. I fully admit I am not a connoisseur of Cash, so I don't feel qualified to comment on his song-writing abilities. The snippets of his songs that I heard from that one commercial for his Best Hits CD didn't sound like stuff I would voluntarily listen to, but that's a subjective judgment.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

She checked into an inpatient treatment program.
    Slight difference.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    And really, I just don't like his cover of Hurt.

I'm calling Kali Ma, because we need somebody to find your heart.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.