Options

[CRY ON] This is actually the TF2 thread if you didn't know (56K ARE BABY)

• Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    defrag wrote: »
    Fuck servers with "no profanity" rules. This is a fucking M-rated game, and I'll have "fuck" in my name if I want to, fuckers.

This happened to me playing on an Edgegamers server. Someone would yell "oh god damn!" and would be warned to "watch it with the language." I don't ever consider that profane but apparently edgey gamers are slightly less edgey than advertised.

I was able to get on jonxp's server last night for a short while. I'm really having trouble moving from the console version to this one. I also have not played since the updates so I'm not used to seeing so many Pyros. Anyway, it reminds me of the first happy days when Wolf:ET was out.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Demoman requires a lot of foresight imo. Stickying corners and then poping out to pipe bomb people. Then running back and detonating the stickies when the first [strike]person[/strike] pyro tries to chase you away. Things like that. Also it takes a while to get a feel for aiming pipe bombs. I used to just fire them out in a spread but it's really not that hard to nail someone who's running right towards you. I wish they'd give us a circle on the ground that shows where the pipe bomb would land depending on how we're aiming. Like the throwing mode in Splinter Cell.

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    SnaptySnapty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The key is to not throw the nades on the ground, it's to aim it at the person. You've got to learn to lead targets and actually hit them with the bombs, not just do splash damage with rolling pipes. This is especially important against the pyros at long distances, because if they're closer you're as good as dead. Once you get that down, like Skexis said, you should practice with stickies. Learn to read where people are going and follow them with the bombs. You can also shoot stickies like guns... if you hold down before you release you can send it farther, aim it at someone, and detonate it in the air. I'm wondering if with the achievement pack for demo they will make it possible to sticky people.... that would be sweet.

Snapty on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Or sticky your own team

Pair up with a kamikaze scout

Scooter on
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pfft, I can snape all yoor faces........OFF

fo_ring.jpg

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Snapty wrote: »
    The key is to not throw the nades on the ground, it's to aim it at the person. You've got to learn to lead targets and actually hit them with the bombs, not just do splash damage with rolling pipes. This is especially important against the pyros at long distances, because if they're closer you're as good as dead. Once you get that down, like Skexis said, you should practice with stickies. Learn to read where people are going and follow them with the bombs. You can also shoot stickies like guns... if you hold down before you release you can send it farther, aim it at someone, and detonate it in the air. I'm wondering if with the achievement pack for demo they will make it possible to sticky people.... that would be sweet.

While this would be cool it would open the door to massive griefing (i.e. loading up someone on the opposite team with stickies and having them run into a crowd of their own team then detonating the stickies) so I would say that's a slim chance.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

While this would be cool it would open the door to massive griefing (i.e. loading up someone on the opposite team with stickies and having them run into a crowd of their own team then detonating the stickies) so I would say that's a slim chance.

It would also turn TF2 into a suicide bomber training simulator.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    PatboyX wrote: »

It would also turn TF2 into a suicide bomber training simulator.

It also would be just like a pipe bomb, except worse in every conceivable way.

Zek on
  • Options
    PmoneyPmoney Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Please god yes. I would sneak behind people and just toss them on their backs all day. I can just see the heavy running and calling for medic, only to take out half his own team unknowingly.

Pmoney on
    Steam : Pmoney
    360 : ThePmoney
    Battle.net: Pmoney.thereal
  • Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't think the demo needs a nerf to make him more awesome but I would love to be able to stick stickies on people.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    All I want from life is SGs to be far tougher but without knockback, for spies to be able to stab out of cloak, and for scouts to be removed from the game entirely.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yes the knockback is less necessary now that the pyro can push people. All I want is the backburner pyro to have 25 less health, snipers to be removed from the game, and a pony.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Alex I will now high five you over the Internet

Hi5

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Alex, those were some great rounds on Db_Hights last night.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i have been sucking horribly lately, like really really really bad

i think i may take a break

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »

From drinking or playing

PS Josiah: Medic is credit to team.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hey Alex remember when I dominated you? Good times.

But I also remember when you Kritzkrieg'd me and I annhilated the enemy only to be team-switched

THE FURY I FELT COULD NOT BE EXPRESSED IN WORDS

So I just swore a lot.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I seem to recall someone shooting me in the face over and over and over again. I think it was asiina.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, she is pretty much the best sniper on the servers now, it's to be expected.

I hear she has the reflexes of... a steroid-filled mutant spider.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

From drinking or playing

PS Josiah: Medic is credit to team.
    playing....i actually took half a break from drinking last night (only had 2 beers)...still didn't help me at all, i possibly did worse than i do when i'm like 14 deep....bleh

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Demoman: I'm still can't get the hang of aiming pipes at people. Half of me is still in beta mode, when the pipes exploded on bounces. (And my stickies don't seem to do much damage)

Pyro: I really enjoy the compression blast, not for deflecting projectiles (though that crit rocket kill was awesome), but for knocking people around. What, you're about to cap the point? Not if I push you off! Unfortunately, it doesn't count as a "defense" when you do that. :(

mrflippy on
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate it when other pyros push me around. :|

Zetx on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Pyro: I really enjoy the compression blast, not for deflecting projectiles (though that crit rocket kill was awesome), but for knocking people around. What, you're about to cap the point? Not if I push you off! Unfortunately, it doesn't count as a "defense" when you do that. :(

Heh, it's kind of neat when ubered enemies get repeatedly juggled by an airbursting pyro. Unless you're the ubered guy, in which case it's lame as hell and needs removed.

Seriously though, I can't help thinking that ubered classes, particularly heavies, should be far harder to budge with explosions/SGs/airbursts than they are now.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    RebellionRebellion Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    playing....i actually took half a break from drinking last night (only had 2 beers)...still didn't help me at all, i possibly did worse than i do when i'm like 14 deep....bleh

You can still actively function 14 beers in? My game play usually just results in trying to with with the G key.

Over and over and over and over.

More than 5 beers and my sniping skillz0rs are completely shot. I think 2 or 3 beers is the perfect amount of win for headshots.

Rebellion on
    "Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
    [IMG]http://www.alabasterslim.com/0/number 9.png[/IMG]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »

Heh, it's kind of neat when ubered enemies get repeatedly juggled by an airbursting pyro. Unless you're the ubered guy, in which case it's lame as hell and needs removed.

Seriously though, I can't help thinking that ubered classes, particularly heavies, should be far harder to budge with explosions/SGs/airbursts than they are now.

1. I'm almost never able to push the heavy with the blast. The medic on the other hand...

2. 90% of the time, the heavy destroys me with 1 or 2 bullets anyway. (I have yet to figure out how to do this)

mrflippy on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've seen the Wanted now, and besides it being a terrible movie, I now know how some people kill me after I've already turned the corner.

I'm looking at you Flippy.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I just think people including me need to adjust our thinking when ubered. I usually think ok i'm ubered need to take out the sentry guns. Instead I should think kill that pyro before he gets close then take out the guns.

But it is kind of ridiculuas that I can push a heavy over my head and keep him their. I should be able to push him back but not juggle him. Of course I love how a pyro can totally shutdown a pyro uber. An enemy ubered pyro has no chance of killing me before I just juggle him.

Really more people need to use the Krituber. I think each 12 person team needs 2 medics one with the Krituber for killing mans and one regular uber for killing guns.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »
    I've seen the Wanted now, and besides it being a terrible movie, I now know how some people kill me after I've already turned the corner.

I've not seen Wanted (and don't want to). Fill me in.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So uh, I don't think anybody is interested in this, but I'm gonna post it anyways for the lurkers. I did test this "mouse wheel to change sensitivity script" yesterday, and it works like a charm.
    //  Mouse wheel sensitivity
    alias wSens10 "alias WUSens wSens10; alias WDSens wSens9; sensitivity <100%>"
    alias wSens9 "alias WUSens wSens10; alias WDSens wSens8; sensitivity <90%>"
    alias wSens8 "alias WUSens wSens9; alias WDSens wSens7; sensitivity <80%>"
    alias wSens7 "alias WUSens wSens8; alias WDSens wSens6; sensitivity <70%>"
    alias wSens6 "alias WUSens wSens7; alias WDSens wSens5; sensitivity <60%>"
    alias wSens5 "alias WUSens wSens6; alias WDSens wSens4; sensitivity <50%>"
    alias wSens4 "alias WUSens wSens5; alias WDSens wSens3; sensitivity <40%>"
    alias wSens3 "alias WUSens wSens4; alias WDSens wSens2; sensitivity <30%>"
    alias wSens2 "alias WUSens wSens3; alias WDSens wSens1; sensitivity <20%>"
    alias wSens1 "alias WUSens wSens2; alias WDSens wSens1; sensitivity <10%>"
    wSens10

bind "MWHEELUP" WUSens
    bind "MWHEELDOWN" WDSens

You'd have to replace all the <100%> with your preferred sensitivities (Like 10, 9, 8, 7, etc...). For me, I was only planning on having four settings, with the max being my usual sensitivity, and the minimum being 40% of my usual sensitivity, and 60% and 80% being in between. To do this, you'd just have to delete the extra aliases, and change the cap to alias itself. For example, in my case, I would delete wSens10 through 5, and then I'd change wSens4 to the following...
    alias wSens4 "alias WUSens [U][B]wSens4[/B][/U]; alias WDSens wSens3; sensitivity <100%>"

Now then, I have a question for all you rocket jumpers, how do you do the side rocket jump? I remember somebody saying a while back that if you shoot the rocket to the side instead of straight down in front of you, you could get more distance, and that you could even get as high as a straight down rocket jump but taking less damage. I know the basic stuff, crouch when you jump, and I can make it to the top of GravelPit C just fine, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this "side rocket jump". I tried practicing it on a little personal practice server and I just couldn't get any consistency with it.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    They make bullets curve not fly in a straight line. The comic book was a lot better than the movie.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I bet the Wanted movie can't be much worse than the comic. Seriously, how that crap came from the pen of the man who wrote Superman: Red Son, I don't know.

mrflippy: it's easy enough to kill the pyro/demoman/soldier/whatever's juggling you, unless you're deploying the uber for a different reason (as usual, taking down SGs or similar) in which case they're a major distraction that makes it damn hard to push on, say, Dustbowl or Goldrush's last stage.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Flippy_D wrote: »

They use special bullets and flingy wrists to shoot bullets around corners and such.

It was dumb. It looked awesome though...

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Rebellion wrote: »

You can still actively function 14 beers in? My game play usually just results in trying to with with the G key.

Over and over and over and over.

More than 5 beers and my sniping skillz0rs are completely shot. I think 2 or 3 beers is the perfect amount of win for headshots.
    well to be fair, these ARE coors lights that i'm usually drinking while at home...so drinking an 18 pack and being functional isn't totally out of the question.....i've come to realize that i can't afford to drink the beer i'd like to drink every night, so i settle for coors light at home and good beer when out

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Now then, I have a question for all you rocket jumpers, how do you do the side rocket jump? I remember somebody saying a while back that if you shoot the rocket to the side instead of straight down in front of you, you could get more distance, and that you could even get as high as a straight down rocket jump but taking less damage. I know the basic stuff, crouch when you jump, and I can make it to the top of GravelPit C just fine, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this "side rocket jump". I tried practicing it on a little personal practice server and I just couldn't get any consistency with it.

Ya it can be a bit tricky. First practice the backwards rocket jump. Instead of making yourself fly forward make yourself fly backwards. Doing this you can go alot farther horizontally.

Really rocket jumping in any direction is just where you shoot your rocket. Until you get the hang of the rocket timing don't turn your head after you shot the rocket. The man problem I use to have would be I would try to turn so I was facing the right way instead of making sure my rocket was fired at the proper angle. Once you get the rocket firing angle down turn mid jump instead of right after you fire. (My turning stuff only has to do with the mouse you still have to point the right directions with the WASD keys)

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    mrflippy: it's easy enough to kill the pyro/demoman/soldier/whatever's juggling you, unless you're deploying the uber for a different reason (as usual, taking down SGs or similar) in which case they're a major distraction that makes it damn hard to push on, say, Dustbowl or Goldrush's last stage.
    Usually the blast seems to disorient my opponents too. It's the only way I'm able to kill pyros 1on1, as the enemy pyro's flamethrower always seems to do more damage than mine :/

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I bet the Wanted movie can't be much worse than the comic. Seriously, how that crap came from the pen of the man who wrote Superman: Red Son, I don't know.

Ya the ending was pretty stupid. I just like when the villian wins. But i guess in Red Son the villian kind of won too. Excellent comic indeed.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    RebellionRebellion Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

They use special bullets and flingy wrists to shoot bullets around corners and such.

Angelina Jolies bare dripping wet tanned ass and that scene where the guy shoots a hole through a guys head and then proceeds to stick his gun in the hole and use him as a body shield while running and gunning (through the hole) - those things ASIDE... It was pretty much exactly what I expected from that director. And thus, I thought it was pretty entertaining. Which is to say, I didn't think it sucked.

Rebellion on
    "Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
    [IMG]http://www.alabasterslim.com/0/number 9.png[/IMG]
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Angelina Jolies bare dripping wet tanned ass and that scene where the guy shoots a hole through a guys head and then proceeds to stick his gun in the hole and use him as a body shield while running and gunning (through the hole) - those things ASIDE... It was pretty much exactly what I expected from that director. And thus, I thought it was pretty entertaining. Which is to say, I didn't think it sucked.

It was a nice mindless movie. Except the ending. The ending was just rushed so bad.

Zetx on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I'll definitely give it to you that the action was great. I felt the plot was bad/predictable.

Yes and the ending was awful.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I haven't even heard of this movie, but this is enough for me to know I would absolutely hate it.
    lulz, I'm in yer thread, disapproving of Rebellion's posts. j/k

Quaz and Wally on