As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sexism, Sarah Palin, Penny Arcade, and Politics

123457»

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Would that make her a leaky seal?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    The ScribeThe Scribe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hoz wrote: »
    Her older daughter is not off limits, though, right?

I certainly hope not. If Chelsea Clinton had gotten pregnant when Bill was in the White House, Republicans would have been yelling and screeming about it.

Sarah Palin was choosen in order to pander to the Religious Right. Instead of telling us how we should live, those in the Religious Right should show us. :P

I hope McCain's choice of Palin sinks his candidacy.

The Scribe on
  • Options
    MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Classy comment of the day, by an Aussie reporter covering the GOP convention. It was the closing line in his article today:
    Guy Rundle wrote:
    John McCain has a face that says 'yes',” some stooge said earlier at the GOP. Yeah, dude, but sadly, so does Bristol Palin.

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aussies say 'dude'?

Glyph on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Marlor wrote: »
    Classy comment of the day, by an Aussie reporter covering the GOP convention. It was the closing line in his article today:
    Guy Rundle wrote:
    John McCain has a face that says 'yes',” some stooge said earlier at the GOP. Yeah, dude, but sadly, so does Bristol Palin.

Crass? Yes. Hilarious? Yes.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Glyph wrote: »
    Aussies say 'dude'?

Yeah, we do sometimes. I guess the correspondent (Guy Rundle) is more prone to it, being based in the US at present.

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The Scribe wrote: »
    I certainly hope not. If Chelsea Clinton had gotten pregnant when Bill was in the White House, Republicans would have been yelling and screeming about it.

Seriously. An underage teen democrat? Fucking moral decline of civilization right thar! That would be absolute proof that abstinence only education is the only way to go in these times of temptation.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gafoto wrote: »
    The Scribe wrote: »

Seriously. An underage teen democrat? Fucking moral decline of civilization right thar! That would be absolute proof that abstinence only education is the only way to go in these times of temptation.

Fortunately we are not Republicans and would never stoop to such gutter-level...

I can't even finish that sentence.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I love how the post calls for this change in the "general atmosphere" and then you refer to her as an "insane creationist sidekick". Ah, the good ol' strawwoman phallacy.

Do you know what a strawman even is?

Yes, I do.

The idea is that you make the oppenent/oppenent's arguments exaggerated, simplified, etc. so that they are easy to knock down like a scarecrow. (man made of straw hence strawman) I guess technically ad hominem is the more relevant term to use here, but then I wouldn't get to use my lame pun.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    phallacy.

:winky:

Ah, bloody hell. Wasn't paying attention. Quite the Freudian slip there. More suited for SE++. Heh.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wouldn't mind her on the top of my poll :winky:

I'd love to see what her Political positions are! :winky:

I'd like to override her veto :winky:

get it? the smilies make it dirty..........I wanna fuck her!

atat23 on
  • Options
    Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Also, discourse online is still real. I don't know why you had to say that.

MrMonroe, I just wawnna thank yeew fer sayin' the thangs thayat needed to be said...

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMNIT!!!

Locust76 on
  • Options
    Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I love how the post calls for this change in the "general atmosphere" and then you refer to her as an "insane creationist sidekick". Ah, the good ol' strawwoman phallacy.

Do you know what a strawman even is?

Yes, I do.

The idea is that you make the oppenent/oppenent's arguments exaggerated, simplified, etc. so that they are easy to knock down like a scarecrow. (man made of straw hence strawman) I guess technically ad hominem is the more relevant term to use here, but then I wouldn't get to use my lame pun.

You could have said "ad feminem" :)

Locust76 on