• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Flea appreciation thread?

Look and learn

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Play Life is Beautiful on bass.

I do, quite often. I'm a bit dissapointed that I haven't got an FC yet, but I've had several minus 2-3 runs.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I hit 100% of the notes and I didn't miss a streak and I still didn't gold star Psycho Killer on bass.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I really, really wish Jukebox Hero wasn't a cover.

So far the one advantage GH has over RB. Two Foreigner songs and neither are covers.

Except the Jukebox Hero master they used sucks compared to RB's cover.

Seriously.

Go listen to it on Youtube.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jesse's Girl would be awesome if only for *that* scene in Boogie Nights.

Maybe a 3-pack with Jesse's Girl, Sister Christian, and You Sexy Thing. Maybe call the pack 'Dirk's Gold Pieces' or something...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    Flea appreciation thread?

Red Hot Chili Peppers - 21st Century

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't mind covers per se but I don't really want to spend extra money on covered DLC.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Solo Bass Gold Stars are dicks. They basically expect damn near perfect OD paths.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I never imagined Flea being so mellow.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I hit 100% of the notes and I didn't miss a streak and I still didn't gold star Psycho Killer on bass.
    learn2overdrivebetter. Also, come over soon for more RB2 action and a little Fable 2 co-op (local, single box, is possible) on the side.

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Kor wrote: »
    Solo Bass Gold Stars are dicks. They basically expect damn near perfect OD paths.

I'm doing the challenges and I think I've Gold Starred 4 or 5 songs with only the impossible left. I did rip a flawless victory on Aqualung though!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    learn2overdrivebetter. Also, come over soon for more RB2 action and a little Fable 2 co-op (local, single box, is possible) on the side.

Tomorrow may be my last hurrah. Baby is coming Wednesday. Holly works 9:30 - 8 and I'm off. I could have her drop me off at 9ish.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I really, really wish Jukebox Hero wasn't a cover.

So far the one advantage GH has over RB. Two Foreigner songs and neither are covers.

Except the Jukebox Hero master they used sucks compared to RB's cover.

Seriously.

Go listen to it on Youtube.

Oh what the fuck? Was that another shitty re-recording like "Anarchy in the UK"?

That was awful.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't mind covers per se but I don't really want to spend extra money on covered DLC.

Yeah but almost everyone has it.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Are you gonna raise your kid on rock n roll, booze and bitches, Raijin?

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Is there any other way?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Tomorrow may be my last hurrah. Baby is coming Wednesday. Holly works 9:30 - 8 and I'm off. I could have her drop me off at 9ish.
    Works for me. We need that last hurrah before you have to pretend to become a responsible member of society.

AngrySquirrel on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Works for me. We need that last hurrah before you have to pretend to become a responsible member of society.

Solid. We shall rock until women are throwing panties at us from your parking lot.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Is there any other way?
    Yes, you forgot drugs, if that kid isn't doing coke off a strippers ass while playing the solo to painkiller on his second day in this world then I will have lost all respect for you as a parent.

AngrySquirrel on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Is there any other way?
    Yes, you forgot drugs, if that kid isn't doing coke off a strippers ass while playing the solo to painkiller on his second day in this world then I will have lost all respect for you as a parent.

My roommate used to be a stripper...perfect!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    If you raise them on drugs early, their creative juices peak too early and you have nothing but a shell of a rockstar by the time they're 11.

Arikado on
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Who has time to wait until puberty to take that shit to the bank though? Daddy needs the greenbacks today.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wait until they are hitting puberty, you can take advantage of all that extra hormonal energy to get them to put in longer hours in the studio.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    3 hours practicing and you get a meal!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat. How can you eat your meat if you don't finish this album?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I still wish they'd just put some god damn Sublime on rock band. If they released a whole album or even a track pack, I'd buy it instantly.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I still want to see a Dave Matthews Band song. I know I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I think it could be awesome. Carter Beauford has some ridiculous drums.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I still want to see a Dave Matthews Band song. I know I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I think it could be awesome. Carter Beauford has some ridiculous drums.
    I could see it working. There are a lot more songs that wouldn't work than would, but there are still some damn fine tracks that I could see working.

AngrySquirrel on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I could see it working. There are a lot more songs that wouldn't work than would, but there are still some damn fine tracks that I could see working.

Crush, #41, American Baby...I could go on and on. There are so many songs that would be awesome. If either company gets DMB on board then I am with them 100%.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I don't like slow-lovesong Dave Matthews one bit.

I'm alright with the rest of their stuff.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Crush has an awesome bass line.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rancid - Fall Back Down
    Disturbed - Land of Confusion
    Tenacious D - Tribute
    Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
    Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
    DragonForce - Fury of the Storm
    Weezer - Perfect Situation
    REO Speedwagon - Ridin' the Storm Out
    Guns n Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine

These are some songs I would love to have in Rock Band

Although I could live with the original Genesis version of Land of Confusion

And yeah I know Sweet Child o' Mine was in Guitar Hero 2 but I'd re-buy a Rock Band version

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Official announcement:
    Siouxsie and the Banshees Pack - 440 MSP ($5.49)
    "Hong Kong Garden" - 160 MSP ($1.99)
    "The Killing Jar" - 160 MSP ($1.99)
    "Kiss Them For Me" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

Blink 182 - "Dammit" - 160 MSP ($1.99)
    The Psychedelic Furs - "Pretty In Pink" - 160 MSP ($1.99)
    Silversun Pickups - "Melatonin" - 160 MSP ($1.99)
    Silversun Pickups - "Well Thought Out Twinkles" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

All tracks are masters.

These tracks will be available on Xbox360 on October 28th and on the PS3 on October 30th

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I think I'll get the two Silversun Pickup songs but that's probably it.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OP wrote:
    Additional 20 Songs for Free?
    Yes, confirmed by Harmonix. They wanted to ship the game with 100+ songs but didn't get to do so in time. As such, another 20 will be available for download "soon after release" for the price of ZERO! Still no official word regarding which songs they will be.

Silly schizo OP, you already said what they would be earlier.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think I'll get the two Silversun Pickup songs but that's probably it.

You should check out "The Killing Jar" if you haven't already.

metaghost on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Silversun Pickups - Melatonin

Silversun Pickups - Well-Thought Out Twinkles

I'm definitely getting the second one—drums sound awesome—and will have to listen to Melatonin a little bit more first. And Dammit is definitely a party hit to grab.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I dunno what I'm gonna get, thinking the silversun pickups just in hopes that we'll finally get some classic shoegaze

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think I'll eventually get all of the songs. I'm not really feeling the Silversun Pickups songs. I feel dirty for thinking the Siouxsie songs aren't really a good fit, but I'll probably get them at some point. And I'd be a failure of an old '80s warhorse if I didn't get Pretty In Pink.

Santa Claustrophobia on