As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: We don't have "Jessie's Girl" ...yet

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I might pick up all of those minus the blink 182. Still need to grab the nirvana from this week... goddamnit this game is expensive.

corin7 on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think I'll eventually get all of the songs. I'm not really feeling the Silversun Pickups songs. I feel dirty for thinking the Siouxsie songs aren't really a good fit, but I'll probably get them at some point. And I'd be a failure of an old '80s warhorse if I didn't get Pretty In Pink.

I agree with you on "Hong Kong Garden", I really don't think it belongs in the game and the intro just irritates me.

metaghost on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

At this point I think I'd welcome a modern country hits week, since all these weeks of awesome are absolutely raping my wallet.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    How many weeks of DLC are left? How far away are we from the 500?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Impossible bass challenge done. Only song that gave me any problem was Dream Theater.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Wikipedia says that as of this week, Rock Band 1's list plus all the DLC gets us to 331. Add in the 104 songs from RB2 (84 plus the 20 free songs), and we get 435.

That leaves us 65 songs to go. There's 10 weeks left in the year after this one, so we should expect an average of 6.5 songs a week from here on out.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Impossible bass challenge done. Only song that gave me any problem was Dream Theater.

Yeah, Panic Attack is a bitch on every instrument.

John Myung is a beast on that six string Yamaha monstrosity he plays.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    MonkeydryeMonkeydrye Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    On the PS3, how do I go in and remove DLC songs I don't like (so they won't show up in random setlists).

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Monkeydrye wrote: »
    On the PS3, how do I go in and remove DLC songs I don't like (so they won't show up in random setlists).

Can't

midgetspy on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    seriously though saying "u wanna complain about batteries??? get a wii!!" is a pretty dumb thing to say around here

who DOESNT have one

I don't.

I don't see the need the wireless controllers either. Well, for myself. I've never been bothered by a wire and I can't justify spending any extra money on batteries, even if some magical fairy cheap long lasting batteries exist in fantasyland. I miss Children's Palace.

I like the notion of wireless guitars, but wireless drums seem extremely pointless to me. It's not the end of the world, though.

Besides, it's not like I have enough money for RB2 drums anyways. :(

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    JoahW wrote: »
    Schide wrote: »
    seriously though saying "u wanna complain about batteries??? get a wii!!" is a pretty dumb thing to say around here

who DOESNT have one

I don't.

I don't see the need the wireless controllers either. Well, for myself. I've never been bothered by a wire and I can't justify spending any extra money on batteries, even if some magical fairy cheap long lasting batteries exist in fantasyland. I miss Children's Palace.

I like the notion of wireless guitars, but wireless drums seem extremely pointless to me. It's not the end of the world, though.

Besides, it's not like I have enough money for RB2 drums anyways. :(

I actually find that the wireless drums and the fact that the bass pedal sticks go quite well together. Since I put my drums away any time I'm not using them it's actually pretty nice to just pick them up and set them in the corner instead of having to detach the pedal and unplug them every time.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Ya can't. At least not yet. Yes I agree it sucks. (However I'd prefer if there was a way to black list on disc songs as well from random lists. Perhaps put a limit of 5 songs or something so its not abused. (well unlimited on dlc 5 on disc)

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    midgetspy wrote: »

Can't

Are songs offered as singles on PSN? Or do they all just dump them into one illogical file?

And if the question was about toggling songs on an off in-game, then yeah...can't.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Can't

Are songs offered as singles on PSN? Or do they all just dump them into one illogical file?

And if the question was about toggling songs on an off in-game, then yeah...can't.

You can download singles, but all files are dumped into one huge file.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Can't

You can download singles, but all files are dumped into one huge file.

That's some good plannin', Lou!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Can't

Yeah they're just saved in one big file as "Game Data" along with everything else to do with RB2. Though I'm sure it's technically multiple files on the disc, from the XMB it just shows a single item.

Didn't they, at one point, claim that feature was going to be in RB2 (disabling songs for random setlists)?

midgetspy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Wait. Wait wait wait.

So if you download a song in the PS3 Rock Band, then decide it sucks and you want to get rid of it.... you can't?

That's insane. I wonder if that's some sort of weird Sony requirement, since the 360 version has all the songs as separate files.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Wikipedia says that as of this week, Rock Band 1's list plus all the DLC gets us to 331. Add in the 104 songs from RB2 (84 plus the 20 free songs), and we get 435.

That leaves us 65 songs to go. There's 10 weeks left in the year after this one, so we should expect an average of 6.5 songs a week from here on out.

AC/DC would count too. So that shaves off the 17 (?) tracks in that pack.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Didn't they, at one point, claim that feature was going to be in RB2 (disabling songs for random setlists)?

I think this was a case of the telephone game; as I understand it, they never outright said you could blacklist certain songs, but they did say they were going to fix the problem of stuff like brutally hard songs being in a random setlist in the early beginner gigs of World Tour. I think the solution was the "Simple / Regular / Challenging Random Setlists," but everyone kind of assumed it meant we could select certain songs not to play at random.

It's really terrible that PS3 owners can't delete specific songs if they don't want them. I don't see how that feature couldn't have been coded into the game itself.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I think that was more a misunderstanding. HMX said something about how early mystery sets at 'lower quality' venues would pick songs more appropriate to the venue tier. And somehow that was inflated to mean that you could toggle unwanted songs.

EDIT:
    Beat'd.

So I'll address cloudeagle: You can delete the songs. In one big file. That you then have to replace each download individually.

Remember when there were some songs that had problems a while ago? Yeah, PS3 owners weren't thrilled about the solution...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really dislike the fast high hat songs, these RB1 pads have basically no rebound, and I have the handicap of being left-handed playing the right handed setup so I never start the rolls the right way to begin with.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I can't get much of the DLC next week because I have to save my points for OTRSPOD Episode 2.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »

AC/DC would count too. So that shaves off the 17 (?) tracks in that pack.

It's a live concert. So Let There Be Rock counts too. So add 18 tracks.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You can delete the songs. In one big file. That you then have to replace each download individually.

Remember when there were some songs that had problems a while ago? Yeah, PS3 owners weren't thrilled about the solution...

Um, wow. Admittedly I can understand why Sony would think that surely, no one would want to erase part of their DLC. Rock Band and Guitar Hero are the only two games I can think of where a normal human would even want to. Still... ouch, what an oversight.

Oh yeah, forgot about AC/DC. So that cuts us down to an average of 5 or so songs per week. But that's only if Harmonix wants to hit the bare minimum. I wouldn't be shocked if they overshoot it, considering the amount of DLC we've been getting lately.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really dislike the fast high hat songs, these RB1 pads have basically no rebound, and I have the handicap of being left-handed playing the right handed setup so I never start the rolls the right way to begin with.

As lame as it sounds, have you tried the rubber band trick? Wrap rubber bands around the tips of the sticks; it adds a teeny bit of rebound and dampens more than I expected. For a $0.02 mod, anyway.

The RB2 kit is wondrous, and I don't know if I could willingly go back to the RB1 pads now.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm hesitant about dropping the fliff on another set when my brother has a habit of breaking them. There's a crack in the yellow pad on this one that I still need to fix.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, this is BS. I contacted EA in September about my broken RB1 360 guitar, got a box sent out on the 17th and sent it to them by the end of the month. I hear NOTHING from them, contact them via e-mail last night, and the just NOW send it. So, if I didn't contact them they would have done nothing? This is some asinine way to treat your customers. They never even followed up with me when they received my package - the only way I knew that they got it is because UPS gave me confirmation. If they are just sending back my own guitar I sent them, I will be pissed.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Lunker wrote: »
    I think this was a case of the telephone game; as I understand it, they never outright said you could blacklist certain songs, but they did say they were going to fix the problem of stuff like brutally hard songs being in a random setlist in the early beginner gigs of World Tour. I think the solution was the "Simple / Regular / Challenging Random Setlists," but everyone kind of assumed it meant we could select certain songs not to play at random.

Ah, that makes sense... challenges and graded random setlists did fix that problem so I guess that's what they meant. This is why I hope those 20 songs are available separately, cause then I can opt out of the sucky ones.
    It's really terrible that PS3 owners can't delete specific songs if they don't want them. I don't see how that feature couldn't have been coded into the game itself.

Of course it could have... so could have all the other crap that sucks about the PS3 version. To me RB's always been a 360 game first, and the ports get whatever effort's left. Hell, in RB2 they still haven't fixed the shaky arrow that they introduced with that wonderful music store patch in RB1.

(I know this isn't really the truth, this is mostly just the cynical, bitter, jaded PS3 RB player in me complaining, hehe)

midgetspy on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nitsua wrote: »
    Man, this is BS. I contacted EA in September about my broken RB1 360 guitar, got a box sent out on the 17th and sent it to them by the end of the month. I hear NOTHING from them, contact them via e-mail last night, and the just NOW send it. So, if I didn't contact them they would have done nothing? This is some asinine way to treat your customers. They never even followed up with me when they received my package - the only way I knew that they got it is because UPS gave me confirmation. If they are just sending back my own guitar I sent them, I will be pissed.

So I guess you called them about this?

Because if you inform them of the problem they usually try and fix it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    obolon84obolon84 Good news, everyone! I just blue myself.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nitsua wrote: »

What email address did you use to contact them? I have pretty much the same exact problem.

obolon84 on
    bJnuewi.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ah, that makes sense... challenges and graded random setlists did fix that problem so I guess that's what they meant. This is why I hope those 20 songs are available separately, cause then I can opt out of the sucky ones.

olol That'll be 18 or 19, mirite!

Of course it could have... so could have all the other crap that sucks about the PS3 version. To me RB's always been a 360 game first, and the ports get whatever effort's left. Hell, in RB2 they still haven't fixed the shaky arrow that they introduced with that wonderful music store patch in RB1.

(I know this isn't really the truth, this is mostly just the cynical, bitter, jaded PS3 RB player in me complaining, hehe)
    'Shaky arrow'? Are you talking about the pitch indicator? Seems pretty shaky on the 360 too, but I'd bet Arikado could comment about that better than I can.

I would like to see a song toggle, though. And only for Mystery Sets. I'd feel pretty sandbagged to have songs like Lump and then Spoonman be followed by Visions, Painkiller, and GG&HT.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Unfortunately, EA doesn't have the replacement instruments. Those are usually sent out from a different location than where call to so as soon as you detect some missing link, you should totally call them on it and they have a decent track record of seeing it through.

Snaky arrow? Just when my RB mic shorted out. You can see some of the videos I've recorded and the arrow doesn't snake at all unless I do it on purpose.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My only Issue I have had with my Rock Band is the USB hub shorting out. Anyone have a good brand for a replacement one.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    techincally you could remove the DLC you didn't want by deleting all your game data, and just re-downloading the songs you want.
    (this might not work if the pack is treated seperately from buying singles, a-la the 360's method)

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yes I mean the pitch indicator. There's a bug where sometimes when you start a song the arrow goes nuts constantly vibrating up and down and pretty much forces you to fail no matter what you're singing. The only way to fix it is to quit the song and start it again (not just going Restart). To make matters worse, if it happens in a setlist it continues to happen until the end of the setlist or until you quit, which is really great if you're doing the ESL.
    techincally you could remove the DLC you didn't want by deleting all your game data, and just re-downloading the songs you want.
    (this might not work if the pack is treated seperately from buying singles, a-la the 360's method)

Yeah it's the same with packs vs singles, there's no way to not have all the songs in a pack except buying them all separately.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Does the shaky arrow happen in RB2?

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Arikado wrote: »

Yep. I haven't done any vox in RB2 but according to SH/RB.com it's actually worse in RB2 than it was in RB1.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

As lame as it sounds, have you tried the rubber band trick? Wrap rubber bands around the tips of the sticks; it adds a teeny bit of rebound and dampens more than I expected. For a $0.02 mod, anyway.

The RB2 kit is wondrous, and I don't know if I could willingly go back to the RB1 pads now.

Just be aware that rubber-banding your stick heads also means you are adding a bit of extra weight, which will really affect your muscle memory when you take them off. It doesn't take long to adjust back, but it can be a little jarring at first. It's kind of like running with weights on your legs or arms for awhile then experiencing the difference the first time you do it without them.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Arikado wrote: »

Yep. I haven't done any vox in RB2 but according to SH/RB.com it's actually worse in RB2 than it was in RB1.

My experiences have been actually pretty good with the shakey pitch. The only time its happened was during a BoB of Chop Suey...but I went a good 3 hours without it happening when in RB1 it happened every 5th song for me.

toolbert on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    By the way, Amazon has the PS3 Ion Drum Rocker listed for December 15th.

Arikado on