As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: We don't have "Jessie's Girl" ...yet

• Options
    HalibutHalibut Passion Fish Swimming in obscurity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have never experience the "shaky pitch" problem on my PS3 (haven't tried VOX much in RB2 yet, but I never saw it in RB1 either). Now I'm worried.

Halibut on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If anyone is going to buy the Ion Drum Rocker, I suggest you get it through eBay with the Live cashback promotion. It's currently at 25% which will save you a fair amount of money. Also, a fair amount of listings include free shipping.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    what Live cashback promo? I see na-sing

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    ChtulieChtulie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    We've talked before about the curatorial approach Harmonix takes to song selection, and it's noble. But when I look over the list of twenty bonus songs they're delivering for Rock Band 2 and recognize only recognize three of them - one only because it's from their other game - something is out of fucking whack.

What is out of whack is that these are TWENTY songs for FREE. How likely is it that Activision will ever do something like that? Nope, not even in an alternate reality would that be a likely thing.

What is also out of whack is the idea that music games ought to be like some sort of top 40 radio station; playing as much as possible only the music we already know and are familiar with.
    Being exposed to new songs, new bands and new music is one of the greatest, most enduring, positive effects of Harmonix' games on me so far along with the new methods they give in how to experience that music over the years.

Chtulie on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Chtulie wrote: »
    We've talked before about the curatorial approach Harmonix takes to song selection, and it's noble. But when I look over the list of twenty bonus songs they're delivering for Rock Band 2 and recognize only recognize three of them - one only because it's from their other game - something is out of fucking whack.

What is out of whack is that these are TWENTY songs for FREE. How likely is it that Activision will ever do something like that? Nope, not even in an alternate reality would that be a likely thing.

What is also out of whack is the idea that music games ought to be like some sort of top 40 radio station; playing as much as possible only the music we already know and are familiar with.
    Being exposed to new songs, new bands and new music is one of the greatest, most enduring, positive effects of Harmonix' games on me so far along with the new methods they give in how to experience that music over the years.

I'm sorry but... who are you quoting?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kor wrote: »

Tycho in the newspost.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Does anybody know the cross compatibility with Rock band 1 instruments and World tour on the PS2? Is it the same as the PS3?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wanna play on someone's tour (PS3) right now. I'm all alone on drums... Someone add me and invite me... It's lonely here.

I just played in a few randoms. It was interesting as I was the best one. I was thinking I'd get on and everyone would be at like 99% on expert and doing things I'm not even close to.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    By the way, Amazon has the PS3 Ion Drum Rocker listed for December 15th.

Woot, good find Arikado! Hopefully that means I'll be able to have them for the Christmas holidays!

midgetspy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I wanna play on someone's tour (PS3) right now. I'm all alone on drums... Someone add me and invite me... It's lonely here.

I just played in a few randoms. It was interesting as I was the best one. I was thinking I'd get on and everyone would be at like 99% on expert and doing things I'm not even close to.

If you're still playing when I get home from work (a few hrs) I'll join you. My PSN's FiddleHumper, add me if ya like.

EDIT: Sorry for the double/triple posts, I should have edited these in.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    what Live cashback promo? I see na-sing

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=rock+band+2&go=&form=QBLH

Click on the top link to activate the promo for use on eBay. Couple of things though:

1) Your eBay and Paypal e-mails have to be the same.
    2) You have to wait 60 days for the monies.
    3) The item has to be Buy it Now (BIN).

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Arikado on
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    lol...OK this is so awesome I just have to share it with the group:

EA just charged my credit card $125 for a drum pedal.

I'm going to call them and I'm sure they will fix it. But yeah, I laughed when I got the notice.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    midgetspy wrote: »
    Kor wrote: »

Tycho in the newspost.

Lol, and I was going to jokinigly post tychos news post and see if I got called a troll again. I kid, I kid.

Anyways, I'll be adding the PA gamertag later, my gamertag is tommatt (360) I'm an expert drummer ( I can sing on medium too if I'm drunk) and have a shitload of DLC. Way more than is healthy anyways. Oh, and I'll be on at some point tonight.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So No One Knows came on the radio while I was driving to college this morning. Then I was sad about it not being in that list of 20 songs like that one rumored list claimed. Hopefully they might bring it out as DLC at some point.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Welcome to like 12 pages ago. Though I don't blame you.
    The thread was focused on streaks and chicken around that time.

Wheres my Master of Puppets album? We even have YYZ now, and Orion(insturmental) was like the sole concern of everyone as to why we wouldn't ever see the album.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bodhisattva is the best damn on disc song, no exceptions.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wheres my Master of Puppets album? We even have YYZ now, and Orion(insturmental) was like the sole concern of everyone as to why we wouldn't ever see the album.

Give them a chance to clear out the backlog of albums they've already announced.

My best bet? We'll be seeing Master of Puppets around the time GH: Metallica hits.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    De-Luxe is the best damn on disc song, no exceptions.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Rob the Prez-O-Dent is the best damn on disc song, no exceptions.

Arikado on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Who - Join Together

please?

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Actually haven't heard it yet.

It's an amazing testament to the amount of on-disc content when I still haven't played them all. Haven't played that, or Visions, or Night Lies.

I just played Where'd You Go yesterday for the first time.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Where'd you go makes me yearn for more ska, something laid back for guitar while bass is tearing it up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7A8Mkg1qYQ

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    you're all wrong!! it's aqualung. or pinball wizard. or master exploder. or anyway you want it. or carry on my wayward son. or you oughta know. or alive.

no exceptions.

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    On "Rob the Prez-O-Dent" I just love it on all instruments. It's tricky and very hard but not so much that it becomes a brick wall.

The guitar solo at the end is like 10 seconds long but so fucking hard. Also, it's catchy as hell and I'm now a big fan of GodForbid.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    you're all wrong!! it's aqualung. or pinball wizard. or master exploder. or anyway you want it. or carry on my wayward son. or you oughta know. or alive.

no exceptions.

Aqualung is stupid.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Actually "Join Together" isn't a recommendation for best song - it's a request for anyone from Harmonix to get on dat shit. It would be very amazing.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Actually "Join Together" isn't a recommendation for best song - it's a request for anyone from Harmonix to get on dat shit. It would be very amazing.

While I wouldn't mind it being done, I honestly wouldn't put it above some other Who songs for fun gameplay. It's a great song, but it doesn't really have the strongest instrumentation for Rock Band. Or at least I did last time I listened to it when thinking about this.

Anyway, embedded youtube link of a song that would be great, except not this version but the Inner Mounting Flame studio version, mainly because that seems like it fit better, this live version is probably the better...well, version. Plus no studio version on Youtube. Anyway!

Mahuvishnu Orchestra - The Noonward Race

Schide on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bodhisattva is the best damn on disc song, no exceptions.

Bodhisattva is indeed awesome. We definitely need more Steely Dan in Rock Band. Can't Buy a Thrill for album DLC plz

Edit: As far as Who songs go, I was really surprised that I Can See For Miles wasn't in the track pack. Maybe HMX is holding onto that one.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Schide wrote: »

While I wouldn't mind it being done, I honestly wouldn't put it above some other Who songs for fun gameplay. It's a great song, but it doesn't really have the strongest instrumentation for Rock Band. Or at least I did last time I listened to it when thinking about this.

Anyway, embedded youtube link of a song that would be great, except not this version but the Inner Mounting Flame studio version, mainly because that seems like it fit better, this live version is probably the better...well, version. Plus no studio version on Youtube. Anyway!

Mahuvishnu Orchestra - The Noonward Race

jesus christ that was terrible.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

What? Join Together has awesome instrumentation - a great guitar riff, great baseline, and some decent drumming.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

no exceptions.

Aqualung is stupid.

YOURE STUPID

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Give them a chance to clear out the backlog of albums they've already announced.

My best bet? We'll be seeing Master of Puppets around the time GH: Metallica hits.
    I'm hoping that's what happens, holding out for when GH plays their cards. But when they first announced albums with RB1 they said they'd have a Metallica one. Hell, I remember when Fuel was going to be released for RB1. Where's my Metallica?

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I'm hoping that's what happens, holding out for when GH plays their cards. But when they first announced albums with RB1 they said they'd have a Metallica one. Hell, I remember when Fuel was going to be released for RB1. Where's my Metallica?

Actually, I thought they said Metallica was a candidate for a 'Best Of' pack at one point.

So...when you think about it, releasing a massive Metallica pack around the same time as Guitar Hero: Metallica makes even more sense than a Master of Puppets release around that same period.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

What? Join Together has awesome instrumentation - a great guitar riff, great baseline, and some decent drumming.

Yes, it does. All I meant was that there are probably still other Who songs that are better for the game in terms of what it would be like playing in the game, mainly on guitar. I love the song though. I'd list other Who songs I think would be better suited, but eh. See, the only reason I said anything was I originally had that as one of the twelve I thought maybe were going to be in the 12 pack, then it wasn't, and next time I listened to it I thought maybe it wasn't the best choice after all.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    If anyone needs a vocalist, throw me an invite.

Arikado on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Where'd you go makes me yearn for more ska, something laid back for guitar while bass is tearing it up.

Heh...

I'll see you:
    And raise you:

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey, is it weird if I don't like live versions of songs?
    I mean, sure some of them are good, but most of the time it just doesn't feel the same because you aren't actually there.

glithert on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I really, really wish Jukebox Hero wasn't a cover.

So far the one advantage GH has over RB. Two Foreigner songs and neither are covers.

Except the Jukebox Hero master they used sucks compared to RB's cover.

Seriously.

Go listen to it on Youtube.

Oh what the fuck? Was that another shitty re-recording like "Anarchy in the UK"?

That was awful.

No, it was an alternate version of it I believe.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    Hey, is it weird if I don't like live versions of songs?
    I mean, sure some of them are good, but most of the time it just doesn't feel the same because you aren't actually there.

Not necessarily. But are you sure it isn't partially because it's not the version you're used to? I think of live albums/tracks as if I was listening to a concert on the radio. It's not like being there, but it's almost like I'm taking part.

But no, I don't think it's all that weird.

Santa Claustrophobia on