Options

OBLIVIGUN

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am being super helpful to moira

I can't help it

Raneados on
  • Options
    KevarKevar regular
    edited November 2008
    this game is way better balanced than fallout 1 & 2 but here is what I want from a better balance mod anyway:

Animal Friend should only be 1 rank
    Cannibal should restore twice the health it currently does and also turn the body into something that looks visibly eaten
    Chem Resistant should be stronger
    Addiction cures should cost 10x (500 caps), the laboratory to cure addictions should cost 10x to compensate
    Contract Killer/Lawbringers ears should be worth 5x (25 caps)
    Silent Running should be available much earlier (it is basically necessary for stealth), either level 6 or 8
    Fortune Finder needs to be more useful
    All radiation intake in the game should be tripled to make radiation a real threat
    Nerd Rage should add unarmed/melee damage
    Night Person needs some other kind of buff, preferably a health regen like Solar Powered, taking it should exclude you from Solar Powered
    Solar Powered should have a bigger buff, right now its the worst level 20 perk
    Menu options to halve EXP gain (imo characters hit 20 too fast on Very Hard difficulty)
    All of the skill perks should have small bonuses unrelated to just raising skills

and maybe some of the SPECIAL skills should be rebalanced so the only important one isn't intelligence

Kevar on
  • Options
    Shifty FisterShifty Fister Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How many more options do you get with a better video card? I've got most settings on full including AA and AF, seems like I run it on highish settings.

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also here is a screenshot to prove my point about how pretty STALKER is.
    ss_darkness_09-25-08_04-29-00_marsh.jpg

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    An old woman saw me playing this game and asked what movie I was watching.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    well you should download a manager thing for your graphics card, supersampling can't actually be set in just a standard control panel for nvidia cards at least

like i have a 8800gt and i downloaded this thingy http://www.nhancer.com/, which actually just is a thing that can manage profiles and shit for the card, which you normally do in the control panel but it gives you all sorts of extra options that may or may not work for certain games

one of em is supersampling and at 2x2 it smoothes hella jaggies while actually being less stressful than 16x normal AA

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    stalker did a much, much better job with it's ruined cities.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    also, if i could have any one mod right now it would be to add the fallout 1 and 2 ambient music to fallout 3. holy shit that would be fantastic.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »

I agree.

I love Fallout 3, don't get me wrong. It's probably the best game I've picked up for my 360 this year. However, the feeling of desolation I get from Fallout 3 is more artificial. Whereas STALKER very much feels like one day, these people were told 'guess what, looks like we're all fucked, so you should probably get out while you still can' and left everything behind.

However the gameplay style is completely different. STALKER is a game that's all about environment - if it didn't have the level design and the general ambience, it wouldn't be much of a game at all. Fallout is more a game based around a post-apocalyptic setting - STALKER was a post-apocalyptic setting with a game tacked on, if that makes sense.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    well you should download a manager thing for your graphics card, supersampling can't actually be set in just a standard control panel for nvidia cards at least

like i have a 8800gt and i downloaded this thingy http://www.nhancer.com/, which actually just is a thing that can manage profiles and shit for the card, which you normally do in the control panel but it gives you all sorts of extra options that may or may not work for certain games

one of em is supersampling and at 2x2 it smoothes hella jaggies while actually being less stressful than 16x normal AA

Hrm I might try and find an ATI equivalent to that, because looking at those screenshots with those jagged edges smoothed out makes everything look damn nice.

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wish Clear Sky would come out for 360. My current laptop just wouldn't be able to run it, I suspect.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    vsove wrote: »

I agree.

I love Fallout 3, don't get me wrong. It's probably the best game I've picked up for my 360 this year. However, the feeling of desolation I get from Fallout 3 is more artificial. Whereas STALKER very much feels like one day, these people were told 'guess what, looks like we're all fucked, so you should probably get out while you still can' and left everything behind.

However the gameplay style is completely different. STALKER is a game that's all about environment - if it didn't have the level design and the general ambience, it wouldn't be much of a game at all. Fallout is more a game based around a post-apocalyptic setting - STALKER was a post-apocalyptic setting with a game tacked on, if that makes sense.

The team that did STALKER did research the Chernobyl area though, so they had a real life location to base their environments off of.

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was unaware that Washington DC was made up by the media.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    vsove wrote: »

I agree.

The team that did STALKER did research the Chernobyl area though, so they had a real life location to base their environments off of.

I know, and they did have more of a base to work off of. I'm not saying Bethesda didn't do their level best, just that GSC did a better job, regardless of what external help they had.

Of course, they also created a smaller world, so there's that, too.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    BYToady wrote: »

It's true. Has anyone ever really been there? Government cover up.

But what I mean is that the ruined environments for STALKER are based on actual ruined environments. The FO3 ruined places are based on alternate universe DC.

edit: yeah I mean Bethesda could have put a bunch more research into the ruins and stuff and made them crazy awesome, but they still did an excellent job nonetheless.

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    also, if i could have any one mod right now it would be to add the fallout 1 and 2 ambient music to fallout 3. holy shit that would be fantastic.

heck, you could do that yourself

grab the soundtracks from here and here and switch out the conventional music for them like you can do with the radio's music

at least, I assume you can do that

I changed the background music in Morrowind and Oblivion so I assume you can work the same process here

(I've been playing with this music all night, it makes the game far better than you'd realize)

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Well they had actual reference and a realistic damage situation. If nukes hit the capitol here wouldn't be anything

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    also I guess the ATI catalyst control centre has all those options for graphical prettiness, so gonna mess with that shit till I strike a nice balance between awesome and framerates.

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BYToady wrote: »

Bethesda didn't have time to visit it after all the nukes went off.

Khavall on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Kevar wrote: »
    this game is way better balanced than fallout 1 & 2 but here is what I want from a better balance mod anyway:

Cannibal should restore twice the health it currently does and also turn the body into something that looks visibly eaten
    Addiction cures should cost 10x (500 caps), the laboratory to cure addictions should cost 10x to compensate
    Silent Running should be available much earlier (it is basically necessary for stealth), either level 6 or 8
    All radiation intake in the game should be tripled to make radiation a real threat
    Night Person needs some other kind of buff, preferably a health regen like Solar Powered, taking it should exclude you from Solar Powered
    Menu options to halve EXP gain (imo characters hit 20 too fast on Very Hard difficulty)
    All of the skill perks should have small bonuses unrelated to just raising skills

and maybe some of the SPECIAL skills should be rebalanced so the only important one isn't intelligence

That sounds like the things to do if you want your game to be overpowered.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Hrm I might try and find an ATI equivalent to that, because looking at those screenshots with those jagged edges smoothed out makes everything look damn nice.

I haven't had an ATI card in a long time but I think the drivers which gave you more control over your card were the "Catalyst" drivers or something along those lines.

Hope that helps.

E: I should probably read down 10 posts before trying to help out.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    Running around a wasteland feeling kinda lonely yet kinda hoping that nothing finds you because sometimes they're big and scary and can kill you is a wonderful, wonderful feeling.

I'm still low level, at the moment. Does the difficulty of enemies grow as you get stronger? Or will I just dominate fuckers later. Because I kind of hope I'll always have things to run into that will make me run for my life.

deathclaws
    I ran into some of those fuckers earlier today. I was backed into a corner with my combat shotgun, crying.

saw my first deathclaw yesterday

i ran into an enclave officer and a soldier out in the wasteland and we started trading fire

they were giving me a plasma facial but i was returning the favor and star paladin cross was helping out

then from around the tiny building they were standing by jumps out a HUGE FUCKING RAZORCLAWED ONE MAN BLITZKRIEG DEATHMACHINE OH MY GOD HE'S NOT GETTING HURT FOR SHIT HOLY FUCK oh thank god a mind control device maybe if i can take that out i can OH FUCK OH NO OH GOD WHY IS HE SO FAST OH NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO-"

and then there was the sound of my guts spilling across the dust

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Kevar wrote: »

That sounds like the things to do if you want your game to be overpowered.

seriously

i mean it's already easy to make your character a complete powerhouse

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    man I can't play this too often because it's one of those games where I decide to play for an hour and it turns into like 7 hours

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i can't stop playing it

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I've clocked a ridiculous amount of hours on this game.

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I have an exam tomorrow, so I should probably keep studying. Probably.

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I have to literally force myself to stop, it's awful

hella addicting

and most of the time I'm just wandering around shooting bitches, I still haven't done the replacement dish quest and I'm like 30 hours logged

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i'm just wandering around seeing all of the incredibly awesome locations in the game

republic of dave = lol
    can i be president or what? i talked rosie into running, bob didn't want to, and everyone voted and dave is president again. boo.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have an exam tomorrow, so I should probably keep studying. Probably.

Yeah you studied a bit. Why not reward yourself with half an hour of Fallout?
    Oh god it's 4am!

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I had to give my disc to my fiancee. She's going to be in a different city for the week. Stupid tests.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I also have an exam tomorrow, my last.
    I think it is only fitting that I go and finally buy this after I'm done.
    Having these threads around when I know I would destroy my entire semester by playing this game has been torture.

I've never wanted to throw away a semester of effort so bad before.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Fallout wrote: »
    i'm just wandering around seeing all of the incredibly awesome locations in the game

republic of dave = lol
    can i be president or what? i talked rosie into running, bob didn't want to, and everyone voted and dave is president again. boo.

I've read that this quest is bugged in that
    if you want to run for president you can't even though there are dialog options which obviously imply it as a possibility. You can however get other people to win the presidency but it requires some tampering with the vote box

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    level 17 and i just now set off the nuke to kill megaton
    goddamn i put that off long enough

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    unfortunately it brought my karma down to neutral so i'll have to fix that

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    potatoe

that is

what

you monster

Raneados on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2008
    I want to agree to set off the nuke, go to tenpenny tower and when they're all "hey man you can press the button" I just up and shoot both them assholes in the face, go back and disarm the bomb

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    potatoe

that is

what

you monster

look
    i really wanted to see that nuke go off, okay?

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I started a firefight in Megaton and ducked behind the bomb

I was shouting shouting at my TV

SHOOT ME THEN

SHOOT ME AND THIS BOMB DO IT PUSSY DOOOOO IIITTTTTTTTTTT

and they did but the bomb didn't explode

aw

Raneados on
This discussion has been closed.