no wait

forlorny?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Sol InvictusSol Invictus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    sol i don't know if you know this or not but:

there is no "the one" out there for you. there is no fate. there are just people, and some people work out and some don't and sometimes you think you're with the person you're going to marry and a long time later it doesn't work out and it sucks so bad

but you need to not set yourself up for failure by putting your expectations on a pedestal

You know, I totally realize that. I really do. But subconsciously, I still believe in fate and "the one" and the whole "pussy on a pedestal" (to quote The 40 Year Old Virgin) business.

Right now, while my head is clear, I think I know what to do about all this; how to alleviate my "situation", as it were. But it doesn't take long for my ego to slip into some deluded and hopeless mode of thought; the idea that it'll never happen. Even though I've had many opportunities present themselves to me in the past.

It's partly due to procrastination, and partly due to unrealistic expectations, just as you described.

Sol Invictus on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Mikeman that would not make me jealous but it might make me something else

Clammy?

--

I don't believe in The One.

The Many, perhaps.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I keep mousing over the share button at the bottom of the page and it keeps messing up my scroll wheel.

Argumble.

Edit: James is terrible.
    Yeah what the hell is that?

Why would I share a forum post?

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What the hell is that Share button doing, anyways? Besides taking up space and annoying people?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Medo you are an awesome person.

When I get my degree and am out looking for a job I am going to ask you to look at my resume because you offered to before. I hope you don't mind.

Word dude. I've been fucking around with mine lately cause job searching oh man what the shit doing this again? Yeah.

Medopine on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Greeper wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Greeper wrote: »
    I like gundam, and I like Fluffy.

Medopine makes me uncomfortable, but yeah, sure.

Fuck the rest of you guys.

:(

I dunno why, Res, but lately you've been a really cool guy.

Tell you what, you make the list too, what was I thinking leaving you out?

Really Cool is the only state in which I am naturally occurring. You were probably thinking something along the lines of me being a furious dickwad of fury and venting about my problems in [chat] where my venting of problems does not belong.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    What the hell is that Share button doing, anyways? Besides taking up space and annoying people?

It's a trap.

No, seriously, it's a goddamn trap.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ramius and his wacky experiments.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    gundam, you're probably smarter, way more creative, way funnier, wittier, clever and you fucking name iter than me. cheer up.
    No man no. We'll just say we're equally lamer than the rest of these great dudes and dudettes.

But not by much cus we're trying to stay positive here.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sol, you're not going to meet a person and immediately enter the eye-staring phase. There is no insta-love, you need to actually develop that level of affection and eventually love, then maintain it. The sucky thing about this is that, ya, like Mike said, there is no 'the one'. You will never find that single perfect person, the ying to your yang, your missing piece. What that does mean, though, is that you will be able to find someone imperfect who you will grow to love in the way you're talking about. Not only that, but because they aren't perfect, there will be conflict, and that conflict will keep things interesting. There will be obstacles and should you overcome them your relationship might be improved or weakened. Either way, there is no 'perfect person', there's just a lot of people, and if you put yourself out there you might be able to create something worthwhile, and when you get there it won't be settling.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Ramius said if it doesn't get used (like, less than 50 clicks a day/week/I forget) then he'd take it away.

but basically it's here to stay

like inline youtube and that stupid option is still not working but I guess that's not really his fault it's ab ug

anyway you can use adblock to get rid of the share thing

I don't think I've ever linked at thread here to a person that doesn't post here. It would be weird

Medopine on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    James is terrible.

At sucking!

Oh-ho!

James on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

there is no "the one" out there for you. there is no fate. there are just people, and some people work out and some don't and sometimes you think you're with the person you're going to marry and a long time later it doesn't work out and it sucks so bad

but you need to not set yourself up for failure by putting your expectations on a pedestal

You know, I totally realize that. I really do. But subconsciously, I still believe in fate and "the one" and the whole "pussy on a pedestal" (to quote The 40 Year Old Virgin) business.

Right now, while my head is clear, I think I know what to do about all this; how to alleviate my "situation", as it were. But it doesn't take long for my ego to slip into some deluded and hopeless mode of thought; the idea that it'll never happen. Even though I've had many opportunities present themselves to me in the past.

It's partly due to procrastination, and partly due to unrealistic expectations, just as you described.
    I see this a lot, and it's unfortunately a self-sabotaging situation. The more you desire this, the less likely it is to happen. A much healthier attitude is to just take your days and months and the people you meet as they come, and be happy and confident and friendly. Cause man, deep down we're all people.

Train yourself to act like you would if you had just downed 4 shots 20 minutes ago and you start to realize the only thing stopping you from talking to a perfect stranger is your silly little made-up insecurities.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

except they're not experiments they're usually changes that stay

Medopine on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You shouldn't think too hard. Creativity's just one of those things that just *happens* when you're inspired by something. I would say that it's something that just happens when you're deeply passionate about something, be it a significant other, a hobby, an imaginary situation (which you could then make *interesting* by adding elements of science fiction or fantasy), or even a video game. What on earth would ever possess a person to write a video game guide?

I just want to lose myself in someone.
    "Is it in yet?"

"I... I don't know! heavenly"

"Lose yourself in fuck!"

sarah4.jpg

What's going on there?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I see this a lot, and it's unfortunately a self-sabotaging situation. The more you desire this, the less likely it is to happen. A much healthier attitude is to just take your days and months and the people you meet as they come, and be happy and confident and friendly. Cause man, deep down we're all people.

Train yourself to act like you would if you had just downed 4 shots 20 minutes ago and you start to realize the only thing stopping you from talking to a perfect stranger is your silly little made-up insecurities.

Those insecurities are silly

Greeper on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ah, fair enough. Ignoring the button until I get home to AdBlock and Firefox.

Seriously, fuck IE.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You know, I totally realize that. I really do. But subconsciously, I still believe in fate and "the one"

Man, that kind of thinking makes no sense if you really sit down and think about it, you know that, right?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

except they're not experiments they're usually changes that stay
    Positive thinking.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    oh man the one

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You mean there isn't the perfect guy just waiting to sweep me off my feet? :(

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    oh man the one

hahahahahahahahahahaha

It's weird, but I never grew out of that way of thinking because I never thought that way, and I'm not sure why people do.

Then again, at age 8, with all young Time Lords, I was made to stare into the heart of the Time Vortex, and I saw all space, and all time, at once.

Gives a kid perspective.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    "Lose yourself in fuck!"

sarah4.jpg

What's going on there?
    I just went from six to midnight.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    there is absolutely no way in hell a "one" for you

not in the slightest

not in the weirdest littlest off-chance

never

that's a ridiculous concept

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    You know, I totally realize that. I really do. But subconsciously, I still believe in fate and "the one"

Man, that kind of thinking makes no sense if you really sit down and think about it, you know that, right?

Jemaine: It's just that I think she might be the one.
    Bret: Sally?
    Jemaine: Yeah.
    Bret: What makes you think that?
    Jemaine: You just know. When it happens to you you'll know.
    Bret: You said Michelle was the one.
    Jemaine: Yeah she's the one.
    Bret: You said Claire was the one.
    Jemaine: Yeah, she's another one.
    Bret: So you get more than one one.
    Jemaine: Some people are lucky, I've had a few ones.
    Bret: So how many ones can you have?
    Jemaine: Five.
    Bret: How many have you had?
    Jemaine: Three. How many have you had?
    Bret: Just one. Just one.

James on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You shouldn't think too hard. Creativity's just one of those things that just *happens* when you're inspired by something. I would say that it's something that just happens when you're deeply passionate about something, be it a significant other, a hobby, an imaginary situation (which you could then make *interesting* by adding elements of science fiction or fantasy), or even a video game. What on earth would ever possess a person to write a video game guide?

I just want to lose myself in someone.
    "Is it in yet?"

"I... I don't know! heavenly"

"Lose yourself in fuck!"

sarah4.jpg

What's going on there?
    I just went from six to midnight.

You started a nuclear war?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    this dead space demo is hard.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I need to spend $18 more dollars on amazon, what's a good gift for a dad

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    there is absolutely no way in hell a "one" for you

not in the slightest

not in the weirdest littlest off-chance

never

that's a ridiculous concept

Seriously.

If anything, finding someone you really love is evidence that the odds of there being people like that in the world are higher than you thought.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    James wrote: »

i love that ep

isn't that the first ep ever

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Variable wrote: »

The game is kind of rough till you get the feel for it. First enemy on hard killed me, with some practice I could take 2-3 of those guys down without getting it.

Aim for the limbs, specifically the arms on the basic enemy type.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    what kind of dad
    like helps you put glitter on your fourth grade art project dad or plays baseball with you dad

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Eighteen dollars worth of Skittles.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

I certainly figured that and that believing that if you have faith in invisible men it will not lead you to the correct path.

That was an extremely painful lesson.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited December 2008

A nice skin mag.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Variable wrote: »

The game is kind of rough till you get the feel for it. First enemy on hard killed me, with some practice I could take 2-3 of those guys down without getting it.

Aim for the limbs, specifically the arms on the basic enemy type.

So hey, my idea of Dead Space is:

Horror Game, basically RE4 but in space, shock-scares but not real ones, storyline isn't that amazing, gameplay slightly repetitive, but pretty neat looking anyways. Buy when it hits $40.

Is that reasonably accurate?

durandal4532 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    James wrote: »

i love that ep

isn't that the first ep ever

Yes, yes it is.

James on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You mean there isn't the perfect guy just waiting to sweep me off my feet? :(
    Well, for you there was.

But we had to put him down.

Gay relationships are an abomination before Thor, you see.

But we got you a pet lizard! Awww isn't he cute.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

A copy of Pillars of the Earth?

I don't really know, but so long as he likes to read even a little bit, it'll go well I'm sure.

LaOs on
This discussion has been closed.