As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fall/Winter 2006/7 Anime Roundup

1495051525355»

• Options
    DreamerdownDreamerdown Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I watched Nazca and it turned out to be butt. The Incan fantasy angle could really have worked out to something cool, but this is yet another example of the anime where all the characters are reincarnations of legendary beings blah blah blah you can guess immediately which will be good and/or bad.

[interesting character designs + interesting music] - awful fucking story = 4 wasted hours of my life

Dreamerdown on
    bigifre1vy.jpg

Not all vampires suck blood.
    Not all of them die for love.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The best part of Nazca was that it was in Malcom in the Middle's opening.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Kekkaishi 10 : another cake episode. For some reason the combination of demon hunting and cake cracks me up.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I remember watching the first VHS volume of Nazca.

I liked it.

Dammit now I got to find the OP...

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2007
    Kekkaishi 10 : another cake episode. For some reason the combination of demon hunting and cake cracks me up.

It's -so fucking bizarre.- I got a friend watching it though and he's all caught up with the raws. Next eps are an arc about one of the dogs and I'm told is good stuff.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just started watching Ergo Proxy again. Is it me, or does the animation and art get worse at about episode 7 and onwards?
    I'm either just delusional or highly jaded.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Aroduc wrote:

It's -so fucking bizarre.- I got a friend watching it though and he's all caught up with the raws. Next eps are an arc about one of the dogs and I'm told is good stuff.
    400-500 year old spirit dogs, that's some good stuff right there.

Manabi Straight is sooooo freakin cute. I wasn't sold on the first ep, but episode 2 was fantastic. Also, the next episode previews are really stylish. OP is not so hot, though.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Dublo7 wrote:
    I just started watching Ergo Proxy again. Is it me, or does the animation and art get worse at about episode 7 and onwards?
    I'm either just delusional or highly jaded.

I didn't notice a dip in the animation quality, but I did notice a considerable dip in the quality of the story. Dark future, great designs, abandoned lonely cities, hottest girl (aside from Haruhi), Radiohead tune, this should have been like the greatest anime of the past 5 years. Instead it went straight to 'meh'.

Today's 'playing catch up' will include: Arion, Nasu: Summer in Andalusia, Nitaboh and Metal Fighter Miku.

Send your warnings in advance plz.

Dreamerdown on
    bigifre1vy.jpg

• Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Continuing my Azumanga daioh watching, I have come to the 23rd episode and finding it funny and it follows that very well. Osaka is still the best character in the episodes.

Manga Run today and I got: Get Backers 7 & 8, Fruit Basket 5 & 6, Battle Vixens 5 & 6, Read or Die 3 & 4 and Suikoden III 6 & 7.

Since Read or Die is finished, I was wondering if I should pick up Chibi Vampire. Any idea on how this manga is?

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Continuing my Azumanga daioh watching, I have come to the 23rd episode and finding it funny and it follows that very well. Osaka is still the best character in the episodes.

Pi...ka....nya?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:

Pi...ka....nya?

The Best was

"Americans wear shoes in the house don't they? Then what if the boy steps in dog poop and walks around the house? What if the mother, father and sister stepped on it too?"

I also like the Osaka Chiyo-Chan dreams. The mini Chiyo-chans were hilarious.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    There is just sooo much osaka goodness. From her speculative research on Chiyo-chan's hair style to running the obstical coruse in one of the sports dealies. Elevators.

honestly, I just love the hell out of the whole series.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    @Death Note 17

I am so confused.

What is going on in here?

God damn mindfucks.

[spoiler:57bdd084bd]It'll be a funny oh snap moment when Light realizes he's Kira. Or is that his plan all along? So confused.[/spoiler:57bdd084bd]

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Chen wrote:
    @Death Note 17

I am so confused.

What is going on in here?

God damn mindfucks.

[spoiler:3353cd3a65]It'll be a funny oh snap moment when Light realizes he's Kira. Or is that his plan all along? So confused.[/spoiler:3353cd3a65]

This will become clear, don't worry about it. It sounds similar to what he did in the manga.

Dreamerdown on
    bigifre1vy.jpg

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This is vague enough that it shouldn't spoil anything, but just in case (re: deathnote 16):

[spoiler:640a8dcbc6]I understand your confusion. I really didn't expect Light to do what he did in 16; obviously (I think) it'll get back to "normal", but given that Ryuk isn't loyal to Light at all I'm not sure how.[/spoiler:640a8dcbc6]

Smasher on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Has anybody watched the first few episodes of the Les Miserables anime and can tell me how good it is?

Couscous on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    titmouse wrote:
    Has anybody watched the first few episodes of the Les Miserables anime and can tell me how good it is?

pretty bad.

Don't like the style much. Like, charactures almost of the characters kinda. Whiny crying kid. There is sooooooo much plot to deal with, and the first episode didn't move too quickly. The OP was just horrible, and I have so many fond memories associated with les mis... I wanted to cry.

just horible.

I'm still going to try to watch it, but... well... it is not what I would have hoped for, given the source material.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
This discussion has been closed.